Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602058 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23700 on: July 30, 2021, 10:59:05 AM »

Hi ev1 tv can back on.  They are both sitting by the door now.  Falcon ,Chance, is on his dead tree far away. Cant see any eagles.  Sure hope they decide to come back to Decorah nest.  The North pair have been nice to watch this spring, but I still miss the Decorah cam.  Chatters shared photos near the old nest.  I liked seeing them.  I remember they even got a shot of blackbirds harassing the eagles in the air.  So funny. Thanks Cal for puzzle.  I always do it sooner or later.  I did not set any speed records lately.

I see you are starting to think about football.  Go Browns!!!!

cul  ev1 GB

calihoula

« Reply #23701 on: July 30, 2021, 11:48:10 AM »

hi joho man so hot humid here real ugly checked on swallow babies sneak look from side of the door and what four heads! in that little nest they got wings turn around to poop out the nest thought is there five but sure its four i hope so crowded i got my ladder close by if one falls out. yes tv cam back they are by that door hot for them too they need a kiddy pool. maybe they will get rain tonight. i saw lighting at 4 am but no rain. i was going to say go chiefs! but thought maybe a little early guess not  :) hope its alot cooler by then. royals got rid of pitcher duffy talking about trading whit merrifield i will be mad if they do that with whit miss you jp you gripped to me about marlins i did you with royals. we were a grippy pair during baseball season
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23702 on: July 30, 2021, 04:50:54 PM »

hi joho i put my ipad in my bathroom plugged in did chores come in hear all kinds of noises thinking is that under my sink no in the cabinets no toilet no ty god what is it oh the tv cam is running  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23703 on: July 31, 2021, 06:03:14 AM »

Lucy’s Family Back Together, Plus an Opportunity - UPDATE July 30, 2021
Lucy's two male cubs
Lucy's two male cubs

For nearly a month, 5-year-old Lucy has scarcely been seen. Early in that time, a trail cam caught her traveling with only one male cub. Meanwhile, her other male cub remained in this area, trying to join other families. By this time of year, mothers are hardly willing to accept new cubs. We were surprised that mothers let him tag along with them a bit. We never saw or heard of a mother harming him, but we did see a mother warn him sternly that he was not to interfere with her family’s feeding. I can only imagine how this cub felt when he finally saw his true mother and sibling. Today, we saw Lucy resting at the base of a big white pine with the cubs resting together on a high branch. A half hour later, they were feeding together on the ground. A few hours later, they disappeared, apparently together.

Lucy
Lucy

Chloe, Charley Brown, and Lincoln appeared together after being absent several days. They were desperately hungry and remained most of the day. It was also nice to see Daisy’s three male cubs.

As a lead-in to the following, scarce natural food has created record sightings and especially good opportunities to learn black bear personalities, vocalizations, and body language. With condolences to family members that had to cancel due to a death in the family, the August 9-12 Black Bear Field Study Course is left with only five participants. The website still says that it has eight, but it now has room for three or four to make 8 or 9., depending on lodging requirements. If this fits your schedule, email Judy Thon at [email protected] for registration information, etc.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23704 on: July 31, 2021, 06:15:34 AM »

hi you guys its 80 very muggy thought cooler today but changed to tomorrow  :( that poor cub lost nothing worse than being lost i remember not sticking with my mom in the store getting lost front desk on loud speaker lost little girl my mom took her time coming to get to me  :) so happy little bear found his mom and sister and they are together again  i hope dr rogers and other able to help feed those hungry bears i sent a donation to him for that. poor bears terrible to be hungry.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9B055D5AAC94?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23705 on: July 31, 2021, 07:37:25 AM »

5:29 on two nice horses.  Gonna go let boss out for a while today.  Debbie is starting her vacation by going on a road trip to Hartville with her cousin to see the resale capitol of Ohio.  The whole town is said to be a big flea market.  I don't know why she is going there.  She is not a flea market shopper as a rule.
Have not ckecked babies yet.  So I will now . cul GB

calhound

« Reply #23706 on: July 31, 2021, 08:22:31 AM »

hi joho my mom was a huge flea market garage sale church she would hit those brakes i be like what the heck mom oh crud sale but it made her happy earlier i went out to the barn and it was cooler darker clouds over head from the north came out and sun out hot again i said i hope it rains then said did i just say that? saw on my news i was just out of reach of that rain but another chance this afternoon that rain was heading for tv babies barn so maybe they got some cooler weather. are you babysitting your grand dog?

calihoula

« Reply #23707 on: July 31, 2021, 10:45:35 AM »

joho tv babies fledge i took the video back saw the one outside on the ground pray god keeps them safe im so sad i love them but happy they fledge i would love to see them flying the skies
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:56:15 AM by calihoula »

calihoula

« Reply #23708 on: July 31, 2021, 01:40:50 PM »

i just came in went to tv cam see one tv baby in the barn

calihoula

« Reply #23709 on: July 31, 2021, 01:45:02 PM »

i was at in the barn took some cut up apples out of frig to pearl they been in there for awhile so picked up,poop in my bucket brought it out shut pearls gate she put her head over looking for treats i said well pearl how about this apple she took and she spit it out shot it out landed in poop bucket so i guess it tasted like....

calhound

« Reply #23710 on: August 01, 2021, 06:02:35 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here much cooler this morning 6 raccoonies in the barn had a new baby sparrow fledge in the barn yesterday afternoon flew out and bumped me then was looking up at me parents came over i was worried for it last night but this morning it was still okay up on the duct pipe with parents tv baby is sleeping just saw the one on the cam much cooler there too

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E6055D53BC27?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23711 on: August 01, 2021, 04:10:10 PM »

4:39 Should wait for evening every day so I am awake I guess.
Do nothing day today.  Watched Olympics and Naked and Afraid most all day.
 Now gotta go shopping.  No milk for coffee etc.  Nice day though.  Still only 73 degrees at 5pm.
Baby cams show only one sleepy falcon and one hungry eagle.  No cam at TV, and only black squirrels on Snowman.
Only Ted on log at Ely.  All Ely Live Cams are locked up for days and days.

calihoula

« Reply #23712 on: August 01, 2021, 06:07:45 PM »

hi joho i watched cross country horses jumping holding my breath alot jumps scary worry about the horse rider fell he was okay his horse okay have to complete the whole thing in 7:45 and clean jumps only one rider got 7:46 so a penalty it was too hot to run them horses then here rides andrew voy he is 62 oldest one he said his horse best riding horse ever horse was something but so was andrew one part of course horse comes to big block long ways down scary but andrew did like i use to long ago on my tuco horse because you trust your horse just let them go on their own horse got down so andrew and his horse ran thru the finish line in 7:35! clean jumps when he went across he petted his horse neck patted it lean over hugged it held up number one on his fingers!  :)

calhound

« Reply #23713 on: August 02, 2021, 06:11:53 AM »

Cooling Off and Staying Together - UPDATE August 1, 2021
Lucy's cubs
Lucy's cubs

Bear Cooling off
Bear cooling off
In the last couple days, a neighbor caught a nice picture of a bear peacefully cooling off in Eagles Nest Lake, and Lucy’s family stayed together at least through this morning.

Looking forward to course number 5 starting tomorrow morning.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23714 on: August 02, 2021, 06:16:43 AM »

hi you guys its 61 here very nice missys dad took a turn for the worse :( back in icu get vaccinated and get that new covid from a worker fixing their roof from storm damage. people not getting that vaccine grrr maybe from the start biden should of said dont get we dont want you to get it.
then maybe people would of gotten it my niece and nephew still not gotten it boobie would be screaming at them.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7B055D50B8FB?z=0