Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602148 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23655 on: July 16, 2021, 06:10:18 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here and very foggy

hi joho thanks for decorah info i have to go pick up groceries at 7 am then drive back home then go out to the barn give pearl her medicine then put away all the groceries doubt i will have time to watch that first one will try to catch other ones. i looked out my bathroom window around midnight saw a little possum raccoonie eating out the big dog bowl i fill with dog food before i come in like i do all the pans in the barn i had put out lots of bird seeds little possum was eating rest of it.  good pearl always on her medicine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9E055D531FD1?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #23656 on: July 16, 2021, 03:30:03 PM »

i rode my scooter thru the giants in 4:29
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23657 on: July 17, 2021, 05:58:57 AM »

Photos of the Days - UPDATE July 16, 2021
Sunset at WRI by C. Paulson
Sunset at WRI by C. Paulson

On the last several evenings, the sun showed red from local fires that are burning, making a beautiful background for sunset pictures of young bears peacefully resting in trees at the WRI. The pictures are by Shari Caruso and Cathy Paulson

On the 15th, Cathy also got a picture of 24-year-old Ted nicely posing at the North American Bear Center.

Colleen
Colleen
WRI Sunset Caruso
WRI Sunset by S. Caruso
Ted by C. Paulson
Ted by C. Paulson
Meanwhile, excited phone calls came in to the WRI about sightings of 21-year-old Donna with two cubs. That means she did not catch up with 22-year-old RC’s 29 cubs but can be proud that she has now produced 28 cubs.

Another point of excitement was sightings of another old-timer, Colleen. In her 19 years, she has produced 18 cubs and is likely pregnant with her eighth litter. Colleen is easily identified by the distinctive notch in her right ear.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23658 on: July 17, 2021, 06:01:29 AM »

hi you guys its clear here 70 updates pics are so good hope not bad fires burning there oregon fires others make us sick i cant watch it when its on the news

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/6E055D5183EA?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23659 on: July 17, 2021, 11:51:38 AM »

Getting a late second start.  Hard rain all night.  No paper this morning.  Had to go get it downtown. Then fell back to sleep on couch after starting puzzle of giants. So time was really long300 plus .  Will do over. rain just now stopping.  Temp is nice at70. Doing rehab on knee with weights while on computer.  Hurts, but I guess leg will not be straight if I skip it.  Do not want a bent leg.  Have had a bent right arm since bone was taken out in high school.
One more minute.  Done good now sitting regular and feels good.
Gonna check bears eagles falcons and tv now so cul.  GB

calhound

« Reply #23660 on: July 18, 2021, 05:58:47 AM »

Water Play - UPDATE July 17, 2021
Cooling off
Cooling off

With temperatures in the mid 90’s, water became the place to play. Play that started with gentle splashing and pawing quickly turned into vigorous but gentle biting. Play partners would pause for a bit and then get into it again. The longest play was among four amigos that travel together for that purpose. Bears that have enough food often become play partners rather than competitors. Play can be between bears large and small. Often the bigger bear lies on his back and the smaller bear gets on him and ‘attacks’ in gentle play.

Water play
Water play
Water play close gentle
Water play close & gentle
Tub play airplane ears
Tub play with airplane ears
They also played in the tub. One sign of play is ‘airplane ears’ with ears spread out flat as in the tub picture.

They also played with water vegetation.

This was the most playful day I’ve seen in a long time.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23661 on: July 18, 2021, 06:02:08 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here update pics are cute. bears have a nice home nice area. thank you dr rogers for all you do.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1B055D4EC434?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23662 on: July 18, 2021, 02:57:51 PM »

7:07 clams shells.  Bright and 80 here. Nothing going on though. So will watch bears eagles falcons wolves and vultures a while.  Then maybe go for a ride to get dinner.  GB

calhound

« Reply #23663 on: July 19, 2021, 06:08:30 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here heard coyetties this morning oh rats there goes griz

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/26055D4CA9FB?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23664 on: July 19, 2021, 08:51:44 PM »

Early reply was lost I guess.  Can hear talk on tv cam.  Chance the GSB falcon chick has fledged.  She is going and coming seems like at will.  She is a very good flyer. Lots of pics there on the "forum". Nice pics showing the river traffic at the same time as the bird view.  Not sure what the snowman is dressed for now. No wildlife either right now.  This is about the time Ra used to see the flying squirrels.  No nabc bear action either.  Summer doldrums are here.

GN and GB

calhound

« Reply #23665 on: July 20, 2021, 06:49:11 AM »

hi you guys its 67 here sunny news so depressing new virus everywhere missys parents got that vaccine while back and they got it her dad in hospital like everyone sooner or later is going to get it no matter.

hi joho boy the baby tvs sure got dark overnight.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/97055D5633FD?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23666 on: July 20, 2021, 08:54:31 AM »

5:22 more rehab today at 11:30.  Back sore knee ok. Happy to see falcon fledging and tv so healthy and active.  They will be the last to fledge as usual this summer.  Gives us something to watch all summer in addition to barges and bears.  CUL EV1 GB

johoward

« Reply #23667 on: July 20, 2021, 09:27:36 AM »

Hi ev1  Wow GSB falcon baby putting on a real show now  she is on the ground after fledging yesterday, and is having a real learning experience on camera.  GB

johoward

« Reply #23668 on: July 20, 2021, 07:50:52 PM »

Cal I see what you mean about black.  They are still lots of white from the front, but almost all black when they turn their backs to the camera.  I don't think anyone mhas ever beenn able to watch a fledged falcon develope skills and practice living like we are now. m Great cfamera work. Thanks for that to whoever it is.  GB

calhound

« Reply #23669 on: July 21, 2021, 05:57:45 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here but weather man said going to be up to almost 100 today with heat index and this weekend be 102 110 heat index  :( almost august get here and gone be oct my favorite month bear season over winter on its way.

hi joho i go see my foot dr tomorrow happy to see him asked him why so swollen still tell him i turned my ankle awhile back. good your knee is doing so good. i will miss the tv babies but being so hot they will be able to fly the skies soon and i will be happy for that they also will be heading down south for the winter. that is dont like about oct scout and his family head out around the 19th of oct.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BA055D56ABFF?z=0