Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602037 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Jewel and her cubs
« on: January 01, 2015, 05:07:42 AM »

A Recap of 2014 - UPDATE December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!

While we wish a Happy New Year to Lily Fans and bears everywhere, we remember the joys of 2014.

Holly has been a joy all year as she settled in to life at the Bear Center and developed relationships with the bears and staff.

After an unavoidable delay, we got in gear working toward the Northwoods Ecology Hall opening in May 2015. Along that line, just today, we received drafts of the many species accounts that so many dedicated Lily Fans have been working on this past year. They are part of the nearly 200 volunteers worldwide working towards our educational mission

Judy Thon and the staff started the world wide podcasts in May that enhanced visitors? experiences at the Bear Center as well as providing education via the pond cam worldwide. Scott Edgett joined the Bear Center at the end of July and is showing great vision moving us forward.

To move forward in other ways, we are cataloguing videos to document bear behavior for publications, to freshen exhibits at the Bear Center, and to make them available to future researchers.

To help the Northwoods Ecology Hall and Hope Learning Center come to fruition, Lily Fans donated for taxidermy for my birthday in April and helped more as part of the LilyPad picnic, the Hinckley Gathering this fall and the GiveMN event just a month ago in November.

We couldn't do what we do without you.

Thank you for all you do.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

DeborahG

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 05:46:41 AM »

Happy New Year Everyone! :-*

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:59:29 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 06:24:06 AM »

POPPING IN TO WISH EVERYONE A,
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 08:04:31 AM »

MpMom, Happy New Year to you.  Looking forward to your snips in the Decorah 2015 thread and your posts in this thread as well.

The Ely library puzzle  3:29

ra

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 08:33:14 AM »

Happy New Year, Jewelies and Friends!!
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

williwaw

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 08:38:32 AM »

Happy 2015!!
E2, phone home!

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 10:21:03 AM »

Good morning on the first day of this new year JP.  Nothing can beat the sight of bear cubs.  :)  I hope you went back and got some more sleep.

Neva that's great about Maddie.  At one point I thought you were very worried about her and I was sort of MIA around the forum for a while and was afraid something happened.  Happy new year!

Cal, 175 dachshunds!  Bet those were cute.  I have to mark in all the stuff on our new calendar too.  That's great they Ford guy will date the car back so Polly can get the rebate!

Hi Pat, RA, Mp!

Love that picture of Ivy and Henry Willi.

ra

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 10:25:56 AM »

NW SC USA

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 10:57:49 AM »

4:50 on the bear library.

RA as neat a puzzle as that is, and thank you, I made the mistake of doing that in triangles last night, I just can't do it today  :D

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 12:07:56 PM »

ruesgram

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 12:47:28 PM »

Jewelies...

Somehow Crow and I were able to stay awake till midnight but we told the Times Square ball to hurry up and get to the bottom so we could go to sleep! :D Then just got to sleep when someone started setting off fireworks! This neighbor's clock must have been running slow because it was 12:20! ::) Molly, the gun dog ::), is afraid of fireworks so she ran and hid in the basement!  Today is a nice sunny day high 35 but the wind is chilling.
Cal, glad you and Polly finally got to the movie! I've only seen the first Hobbit movie. Keep meaning to go, just never seem to get around to it! :D What fun a parade with 175 wiener dogs would be! :D Wow, your gas is cheap!!! Ours is still $2.06. Not complaining! :D
Pat, pretty pic and thanks for the info about it!  Did you get any snow?
Willi, love Ivy and Henry's pic! So sweet!
Neva, how much snow did you get? Has your grand seen snow before?  Our weather guy says we are in a "snow drought"!   That's ok by me! :D
Jp, that is one nice pic of RC and cubs.  Looks like they posed for the pic! Hey, we both stayed up to see the New Year come in! :D
Nora, sounds like it's really cold up your way!
Dlong, the gorilla babes are so cute!  Sorry that you aren't feeling well. Crow had something similar a few weeks ago. Our doctor said it wasn't the flu either. But the flu apparently is bad here because our local hospital has restricted visitors and everyone has to wear masks when they visit. Hope you feel better soon!
Ra, were you able to stay up and welcome the New Year? Now I'm going to go and do everyone's puzzles! bbl

ruesgram

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »

Ra, Cal, and Jp... just spent the last 49 minutes doing your puzzles! It appears that I haven't gotten any faster in the new year! :D Thanks, they were fun!!

ra

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »

Hi Jewelies!  Whew!  Just watched Michigan State win the Cotton Bowl in the last seconds of the game.  Wow... what an exciting game in the last few minutes!  Now, hoping Oregon wins!

It does my heart good to see so many come here with New Year's wishes.  People we don't see often enough, and those of us we see daily...   Neva, blschue, dlong, Nora, deb, Mp, willi, Pat, cal, JP, rues, obsver... wonder how Chippy is... have I missed anyone?

I made it to midnight... kind of.  lol  I fell asleep and didn't see the ball drop, but woke up when the fireworks in the neighborhood started shortly after the drop.   :o  I'm proud of all of you who managed to stay up to welcome the New Year!   :D

neva... SNOW??  Wow!

cal... I watched the Rose Parade on HGTV, too!   :D

dlong... Hope you're feeling better today.  Loved the baby gorillas!  I can't really say they're cute though..  lol

Nora... I did the New Year puzzle in triangles this morning!  lol

JP... Are you rooting for Oregon, too?  How about tonight's game?  I think Alabama will win...

rues... Don't you just hate the late night fireworks?  I know it's only once a year, but still...  Well, around here, it's not once a year though... Christmas, July 4th, New Years...   :-\

obsver... Did you see the ball drop?

NW SC USA

ruesgram

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 05:40:31 PM »

Cal, I watched some Me Tv today, too, Love Boat and Quincy, M.E.! I hadn't seen either of those shows in ages! Here that channel is called Me/My Tv!  I  also watched some of the Hart to Hart marathon on Hallmark Movie channel. Sounds like all I did today was watch tv! ::) 
Ra, this guy on the next block sets fireworks off whenever he gets the urge! And it's usually near 10pm for some reason. The police go there often but they never do anything about it. >:(  I didn't watch the Rose Bowl Parade but I did see folks all bundled up along the parade route! Must be a shock to them to have such cold weather. 
Pat, do you normally have snow and cold temps?  I get aggravated with announcers that gab too much, too! :D