Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 622272 times)

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #4920 on: February 28, 2016, 12:11:10 PM »

Obsver, glad you had a good time.  I never had any luck with the "modern" dancing.  I could polka and loved it if I had a partner that really knew what he was doing I could follow along with.  That one time we were really moving and he'd get an arm around my waist and swing me right off my feet.  The guy I was "with" at the time didn't dance at all, but went because they were friends.  I, myself, had a super evening that time.  :D  I can sort of slow dance.  Never tried a waltz I don't think.

Cute good morning with the teddy bear JP.  :)

LOVE those panda kids.  Mr. Wu  :D

Awww D not a kidney stone!   :'(  It sounds like you were heading for a fun lunch yesterday!

We had 58 yesterday!!  Right now (Sunday noon) it's 48 with off and on sun.  Not too bad out.

Off to check out the bear rooster puzzle.  Have a great day all........

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #4921 on: February 28, 2016, 01:31:32 PM »

My rooster thought about coming on out saw all that snow and decided not too in 7:04!
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #4922 on: February 28, 2016, 03:01:42 PM »

hi blschue! well better late than never! i told you it has been so windy here. wind is still howling! hope you guys have a safe trip! you will be there before you know it. happy for mr bill. i loved driving to teris and it was extra fun when there was a royal game on on the way back home! someday we will hit it and meet!  :D
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

williwaw

« Reply #4923 on: February 28, 2016, 03:42:24 PM »

Katmai bear
E2, phone home!

calhound

« Reply #4924 on: February 28, 2016, 08:08:14 PM »

hi blschue! oh not so bad having a mouse scurry over you! i know!  :D

hi rues! i did not watch oscars getting ready to look but probably just check to see who won on the world news going to hgtv and bed i watched downton abbey missed it last week. wow so good! i wanted to strangle mary with my bare hands! poor edith. oh well she will be okay and maybe not the end of that. when granny came back to talk to mary that was cool and her outfits so pretty. so much happened tonight on that show. so sad only one more show. love downton..

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #4925 on: February 29, 2016, 04:38:28 AM »

Donna, 16 years old and mother of 19 cubs.

Supposed to warm up and get in the mid 70s today.  I hope it is sunny too.

Enjoy our extra day, it is a great way to start a week.

calhound

« Reply #4926 on: February 29, 2016, 05:27:43 AM »

Holly, Birds, Bear Courses - UPDATE February 28, 2016

Scott Edgett and dogs
Scott Edgett and dogs
A couple days ago, Holly wanted a stick Lucky had, and Lucky said no. Yesterday, Holly was lying contented in total possession of the stick as Lucky slept. Near the end of this 5-minute video, she also amuses herself with twine from the straw. I suspect she would rather have been playing with Lucky, but he was sleeping. https://youtu.be/fU-aa2OMtVc

Director Scott Edgett is a dog-musher, and today was a big race?The Wolf Track Classic. Ever since I can remember, I?ve been at the finish line with his family to see him come in, and today was no exception for Donna and me. Scott came in 10th in a field of 17.

While putting out the semi-hulled sunflower seeds, redpolls were landing only a couple feet away, so I snapped some quick close-ups from below their level for a different viewpoint. A red-breasted nuthatch then showed me what he does with bits of suet?stores them in little holes made by woodpeckers. I was surprised to see a sharp-shinned hawk flash by?my first sighting ever in the winter. They normally just migrate through in fall and spring.

As the sun was about to disappear below the horizon, I threw out a few handfuls of seeds as a bedtime snack for the birds and red squirrels. I liked the way the last rays of sun fell on a coy-looking black-capped chickadee.

Redpoll   Red-breasted nuthatch   Black-capped chickadee
A Lily Fan asked what happened to the Black Bear Field Courses that had been scheduled for the first two weeks of July. We took them down because no one had registered for them. In fact, only 24 people have signed up for the remaining 6 courses (limit 8 per course). I suspect people are hesitant to sign up with the DNR poised again to try to ban bear-feeding. The legislature convenes March 8 and adjourns in early June. I believe legislators will head off the legislation this year, as they did last year, but if people are waiting to register until the legislature adjourns, they wouldn?t have time to make arrangements for the early July courses. If the DNR?s legislation passes, we would refund the money to anyone who cancels. Of course, we?re concerned because the courses are our only source of funds to sponsor graduate students, pay operation costs, and pay Sue?s and my salaries of $30,000 to continue analyzing data and writing peer-reviewed publications. I suspect the DNR will attempt this legislation each year.

Thank you for all you do.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #4927 on: February 29, 2016, 05:54:06 AM »

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #4928 on: February 29, 2016, 08:36:37 AM »

I spotted those spider legs in 5:12

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #4929 on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:49 PM »

That's a great looking fish that Katmai bear caught!

Blschue "Sure hope I don't wake up with a mouse scurrying across my face,"  I remember one time when I was involved with a guy after my first husband died and the cat brought up it's "prize".  OMG he woke up and said "something just ran across me!!!!!"  Of course he didn't see the humor in it like I did which went over like a lead balloon, but it was worth it.  :D :D :D  I got paid back though.  You know how shadows can look a lot bigger than what is making the shadow?  I thought we had a bat being we got them sometimes and woke him up.  Turned out it was a moth flitting around......ooops.

Awwww Pooh and his tea........

32 and feels like 28, they SAY, feels colder than that to me.  It's blowing pretty good from the NW.

calhound

« Reply #4930 on: February 29, 2016, 12:33:06 PM »

I spotted them in 4:51!

ruesgram

« Reply #4931 on: February 29, 2016, 12:37:22 PM »

Stupid me, I searched and searched and then realized it was the spider's 8 legs!! :D

calhound

« Reply #4932 on: February 29, 2016, 02:06:30 PM »

lol rues!!  :D

williwaw

« Reply #4933 on: February 29, 2016, 03:49:38 PM »

E2, phone home!

ruesgram

« Reply #4934 on: February 29, 2016, 07:19:12 PM »

Cal, nope, no car! :o Now he says more things are wrong with the front end! Robin went to see him after work! Glad I wasn't there. She gave him an ear full. He says it will be ready to go Wed or Thursday! She told him she would be calling him every morning and every afternoon until it's finished. She is going to talk to the owner of the dealership, too. And posting a bad review on their Facebook page. So far, our gas prices are staying at 1.55. I heard that about summer blend. They always have a reason!   It was sunny here today but windy and chilly, high 55. Tomorrow 65 then back to cold and snow flurries. Robin had a trampoline when she was in jr high. She told us a few years ago that when we weren't home, she and her friends would shove the trampoline over next to the above ground pool. Then they would bounce off the trampoline and into the pool. :o They knew it was dangerous but they didn't care. They were all lucky that they weren't paralyzed! Yep, we had the truck over the week end and I drove it to Walmart yesterday. Guess the next few days we will be truckless since Robin is carless! lol.

Hi  Jp, Willi, Blschue and Nora!