Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 621329 times)

ra

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #4875 on: February 23, 2016, 03:05:48 PM »

HI Jewelies...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,  DLONG!!
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

williwaw

« Reply #4876 on: February 23, 2016, 03:24:21 PM »

obsver, I love the Good Wife and Rizzoli and Isles is also ending. They never ask me first!
E2, phone home!

obsver446

« Reply #4877 on: February 23, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »

Me neither, Willi! Nobody asked me when my favorite lipstick color and dish pattern were discontinued, either!!  Ok, Dlong, will you please share some of your birthday cake? I've suddenly become hungry for some. Ra would offer to share some Cheetos cause she knows I wouldn't take her up on it (just kidding, ra!!) and rues would offer to bake me a pie. I'm sure cal would hold off her dogs so I could have one of her snacks. lol

ruesgram

« Reply #4878 on: February 23, 2016, 06:15:26 PM »

You guys are making me laugh over the mice! :D My sister has mice in her house, too. She also has cats! But they rarely catch a mouse. They stare at the woodwork or under the kitchen stove so my sis knows there's a mouse or two there. She hears them in the walls and ceiling, too. She moved into her house in 1997 and the mice were already there. I guess they came with the house! :D

Blschue, I think 2 months in AZ sounds great! Hope you get to go!  My sister, mentioned above, had a huge box full of Christmas lights and decorations stored in her upstairs bedroom closet that were  chewed to pieces by mice. So now she rents a storage unit to store decorations and other things she doesn't use often.

Cal,  funny story about the elderly lady liking pie and whiskey! I hadn't heard that one. Did see the one with the elderly lady visiting the President and dancing with him and the First Lady. Don't know if I'll live that long! Maybe I need to start dancing and drinking whiskey! Lol!

Obsver, I baked brownies today. Want me to send you some? I also made homemade beef stew in my crock pot! I had never eaten homemade beef stew before. Only ate Dinty Moore's from a can! Lol! Like homemade much better! I've got some mushy bananas so tomorrow I may bake banana bread! What has gotten into me? I'm acting like Suzy Homemaker! :o

dlongkc

« Reply #4879 on: February 23, 2016, 07:14:55 PM »

Hi Jewelies!  :)

From now on, if I'm not here yet and you are hungry, just dig into cakes, or pies or anything I have! LOL! Thank all of you guys for your great birthday wishes. I've been on the phone almost all day talking to vets or references or people who want to adopt a dog. I did have nice long conversation with my daughter Molly first thing this morning and a nice long phone call with Lara this afternoon. Then one of my childhood friends called and we talked for almost an hour. I think my ear is going to fall off.  :o

I've been trying to watch the storm chasers down in the south who are chasing the tornadoes in Mississippi. I watch on TVN; I think Nora watches that also. They are going to have a mess down there. They have already had several tornadoes.

I can't sit here much longer; I worked hard today with my ear and my talking! LOL! I'll just leave you with some cute panda pics. And this long video about Bei Bei and his activities. He is a busy little bear!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBrd1RUP_OA

Mei Lun & Mei Huan, such sweet sisters!

Mei Huan went outside and then decided that she didn't like the rain at all, so she squished herself under cover!

This is our little Bei Bei. He was tuckered out and went into his den for a nap this afternoon.

This is Bei Bei in a Facebook picture taken Saturday. Is that the cutest face ever??       

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Hi to JP, Cal, Ra, Rues, Obsver, Willi, Nora, Deb, Blschue, Pat, Chippy, Eaglette and all who visit here. Have a good night all!  :)

obsver446

« Reply #4880 on: February 23, 2016, 08:22:20 PM »

Oh boy, rues! I'll come to you. Anything to get away from the predicted snowstorm!! It's supposed to start with rain at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow and change to wet, heavy snow until sometime Thurs. Wind, too. We are far enough south of Lake Michigan to avoid the heaviest accumulation. 7-10 inches around South Bend, 3-4 inches for us. Not in the mood for us, but here we go. Dlong, we can never get enough panda pics.!! Thanks!!!! My lipstick was called French Toast. It was a very pretty tawny pink. Do you remember when colors for clothes were classified Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter? I am spring--this brand of lipstick was in that group. Mr. O would be winter--looks best in maroon, gray, black and white. Those colors don't work for me at all. I can wear navy blue, but black makes me look washed out.   

neva

« Reply #4881 on: February 23, 2016, 09:06:19 PM »

Happy Birthday, D.  I hope that you've been having a good day.

I wish I could put a beautiful cake on here for you, but my laptop died a couple of weeks ago.  At first I tried to keep up with a small tablet.  One of my daughters has just offered the use of a small notebook laptop that she had packed away.  I will get a new laptop soon.

I'm sorry that I missed your birthday, Chippy.  I hope that it was a good one.

Hello everyone.  We've already had one day that got to 91.  We all are now wondering what the summer temps will be like.  JP ... I really love heavily overcast days, it is so refreshing.  Too much sun here sometimes.

whoa!   I see you're not lacking in cake, D ...   :D  Can I have a piece of yours? 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:45:55 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #4882 on: February 24, 2016, 12:40:03 AM »

Sorry I missed your birthday on here D, caught you on FaceBook.

JP is your daughter ok??  I just saw this video by one of the storm chasers from today when a weak tornado crossed the highway right in front of them and went on to cause damage in surrounding areas on I-10 Baton Rouge, LA.

https://youtu.be/GZB_89-cD2Y

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #4883 on: February 24, 2016, 04:42:46 AM »

This is Donna.

Have an oversleep morning and lack energy.  Nora, I hadn't heard about the  tornadoes in the Baton rouge area.  I will have to call both of my children who live there and see if they are all right.  I had not heard anything from them  so hope no news was good news.

Good thoughts for all top have a grand :Hump Day.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #4884 on: February 24, 2016, 05:31:21 AM »

Fascinating Bears, Bear Center Headway - UPDATE February 23, 2016

Log Entrance
Log Entrance
Holly and Lucky continue to fascinate me. Sometimes they spend waking moments independently doing their thing as in this 6-minute video in which Holly seems to want her paper in her bowl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Sq2Bi3dvU  At other times, the ways they play together and share gentle moments show a tender side I?ve not seen mentioned in the literature as shown in this 7-minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRMoVjMZF6Q.

Den Cams are a wonderful thing. It is not mating season, and won?t be for nearly 3 months, but they are obviously bonded even though Lucky is ?fixed.? We?ve seen wild pairs that meet and seem to express affection months after mating season is over, too.

At the Bear Center, the Log Entrance is coming along. Eventually, the bases of the posts will be surrounded by masonry, and lights will shine upward at the logs and pretty tongue and groove ceiling boards. The logs are red pines (Pinus resinosa) harvested about 18 miles WSW of the Bear Center in Juliet?s old territory. They were part of a timber sale on government land. Characterized by tall, straight growth, they are commonly planted and managed sustainably.

Thank you for all you do.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #4885 on: February 24, 2016, 06:04:49 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #4886 on: February 24, 2016, 06:35:28 AM »

Time On The Bow Perch
By SOAR23 February 2016A.I.T Decorah Training
Terrie spent Saturday 20 February 2016 at SOAR helping with many tasks!

Decorah also had practice stepping to Kay?s fist, maintaining balance while Kay walked to the bow perch, and practice stepping from glove to the perch.

Decorah gets outside time on the bow perch on 20 February 2016.
Decorah gets outside time on the bow perch on 20 February 2016.

Part of Terrie?s day was sitting with Decorah while he was on his bow perch! Two reasons for Terrie to be ?just sitting? near Decorah ? safety for Decorah as the ?raptor weathering kennel? was being used by a falcon (think portable panel dog kennel) and Terrie could monitor any person or animal coming too close, also Decorah needs to become familiar with Terrie?s voice and other people.

Terrie sitting with Decorah while he was on the bow perch on 20 February 2016.
Terrie is sitting with Decorah while he was on the bow perch on 20 February 2016. Since Terrie is the photographer? you can?t see her! I think she prefers that?

dlongkc

« Reply #4887 on: February 24, 2016, 10:48:47 AM »

Ra I hope you are not in the path of these storms! Yikes!

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #4888 on: February 24, 2016, 12:17:26 PM »

36 at noon!

JP, I'm sure they're fine, like you say no news is usually good news and I believe it was mainly on one edge of the town, but didn't know where they were.  The SE states have sure been getting bad storms already this year.  Hope anyone else if fine too!!

That entryway at the bear center is really something!!  I love it!  That's neat they are local logs too.

Neva, how is Maddie Rose doing??

Cal, I KNOW dogs will get rainbow poop from crayons...........

Decorah is sure looking good, that's great he's getting on with his training.

Last night was was watching the storm chasers and it was after Pensacola got hit.  Man there was another warning in the panhandle of FL and three more in a straight line up through Georgia angled to the NE.  I've got to check and see how things came out at the big GE generator plant, which I think is a manufacturing plant where they make them down there (FL).  Guess that took a direct hit.

This was last night (well VERY early this morning) about 12:30 AM

This was at 12:11 PM today

It just want to quit and it has been week after week lately. :(

The link where I got those...   https://tvnweather.com/live

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #4889 on: February 24, 2016, 01:02:48 PM »

I helped those guys get lined up in the sun  for 9:40.