Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1103902 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28755 on: August 04, 2024, 09:40:35 AM »

4:58  Can't stay.  Coffee getting cold.  I did see Karen for just a few minutes . She wanted to try my salad.  She liked it.  She did not ask how many calories.  LOL She cooks a lot and wanted to know all what I put in and how much.  I do not have any clear idea of that.  I just put in what I had.  I know I had potatoes and lots of tiny celery chunks.  It is very crunchy. Oh and on top I put egg slices and paprika. and I remember I put in quite a bit of cucumber, and some of a leftover onion.  The key ingredient I think is Hellman's original mayonnaise.  Lots of it.
OK Now see you later EV1 GBU.

johoward

« Reply #28756 on: August 04, 2024, 10:42:34 PM »

Abear just showed up on Snowman Cam.  There is a porky on the table top. Never mind . Porky is gone.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 10:53:42 PM by johoward »

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28757 on: August 05, 2024, 05:26:41 AM »

hi you guys i got to go pickup groceries in an hour and still have a few chores to do before i go

hi joho you are up late porky says i gotta go some one is watching me i was watching tropical storm debby last night on weather channel lots of rain i think it is hitting ra

hi alice yes david does not work weekends and i think you are right he took some vacation days or maybe he was on assignment i dont get to watch it much so was sorry to not see him but i like that whit too. xoxo always to you too

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/31055D57847E?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28758 on: August 05, 2024, 09:04:18 AM »

5:06 Good morning EV1.  Very uncomfortable here this morning. Only 82 degrees, but I am sweating. Did not see Karen yesterday.  She had a nice visit at her home by her daughter and her her significant other Scott.  They brought their two dogs to visit Karen.  She loved it all day. 
I mostly vegetated on the couch again with the Olympics all day.  I am finding that watching early in the day results in reruns at evening.  So I watch other discovery and animal planet shows, and the weather channel.
I am out of milk.  Gotta go get some soon.  Need some eggs too.  Also need a refill on my expensive Trulicity.  Drugmart says ready tomorrow, but I will go early today, and hope they can do it.
Bye for now EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine who the Olympics have driven off the front page except when they win some race.

calihoula

« Reply #28759 on: August 05, 2024, 06:48:11 PM »

hi joho finally in my room it is 97 heat index 100 something very humid my fingers on my right hand so swollen painful i cant  grab stuff hard to use comb brush so sorry penny i took one of your predisone put ice on my hand so much better able to do my barn and outside chores suppose to be cooler tomorrow   :) watching weather channel debby is a mean hurricane many died rainfall bad debby be here thru sat they are saying i asked ra if she is okay i think debby hit sc wed they said not sure im going to eat lay down watch weather channel  i heard on indys radio on olympics simone fell off balance beam i think  ac kicked on little raccoonie getting their cookies from me at front of barn radio down on my work table by indy. is she fell is she okay?

hi paulie are you guys okay from debby?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28760 on: August 06, 2024, 01:42:06 AM »

I stayed up late. At 2:30 AM, I just I saw Simone's fall.  It was minor.  Sunni Lee had a hard fall.  At least three others also fell off the beam in this final group.  They did not look like champions as a group. Finally Italy got their first Gold Medal ever in beam just by not falling.
Now I need to sleep.
Karen needs prayer that the big brown spot growing on her chest at the base of her throat is not cancer. She will show her doctor tomorrow.
 GN AND GBU
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 01:44:48 AM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28761 on: August 06, 2024, 05:17:48 AM »

hi you guys its 75 here got to hurry jim leaves but first we are going to go vote polls open at 6 am still have few chores for now to do

hi joho wow sounds ruff on balance beam how on earth anyone can do that is beyond me! yes just by not falling win the gold i can see that. hope karens deal not cancer if so catch it earlier and get rid of it.  got jims cancer gone when he had it. but hoping it is not lots of prayers for her and her family and friends i hope you went to bed you last posted at almost 2 am heard from ra she is okay said did not expect any rain maybe a little wind she has hardly gotten any rain but her grass is still growing and she said very hot there too hot to mow but she is out there mowing. i told her be real careful hottest part of the day she is inside in ac mows real early she said my fingers hard to type here

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E4055D50A40E
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28762 on: August 06, 2024, 10:54:17 AM »

4:28 Very good for me!
Tell Ra I said hi, and that black squirrels are still spreading across America from MI.  Also, tell her I think that on Snowman cam  I am seeing more and more grey colored grey squirrels than black.  In Gaylord they seem to be changing back after all these years. I remember Rues saw some in West by God several years back.
Recently I saw where someone in New York  saw his first black phase squirrel, but about a year ago I heard that a black had been seen in Central Park.
For those who may not know what I am on about.  Quite a few years ago Ra saw that grey squirrels in MI started to turn black.  Then about 30 years ago they were seen by me in Northern Ohio, and then about 10 years later by Rues in W. Virginia. I wonder are they black where Ra is now?
Well back to the Olympics now.  I got to see the jumping competition a few minutes ago.  I stayed up late to see the replay of Simone falling off the beam as reported by Cal.  Thanks Cal.  It was worth losing sleep over, because so many fell off the beam in that last class.  To win gold all they had to do was not fall. LOL
Cal, what is going on with your hands?  That is new to me.  Big feet yes, but hands?  Please try to find out what is going on.
Bye now EV1 GBU Israel, Ukraine and all who are suffering.  GB Karen and Cal today.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 11:26:52 AM by johoward »

calihoula

« Reply #28763 on: August 06, 2024, 02:55:54 PM »

hi joho you know my right hand my middle finger that my horse bucked me off then she took off but circled back and stepped on my finger broke it in many places all bent crooked we were at my farriers farm clyde he got on his horse calvin and what a horse he was clyde calvin took off after my little hell fire roped her brought her back i got on her road her back home like five miles my finger was killing me never got it fixed course not been okay all these years but now got severe arthur in it and these 100 plus days with high humidity finger and others on my right hand very swollen very painful. but weatherman said cold front moving in and it did air much cooler and not awful humidity my finger feels better not hugely swollen today! i will pass your message on to ra once when i was a kid my mom dad and i saw a black squirrel at our house we had some land had horses my little hell fire susies dixie moms roxie our dogs cats this was in merriam kansas gotta go do barn chores again yes gb karen
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28764 on: August 07, 2024, 05:11:08 AM »

hi you guys computer or chrome very slow its 66 here still cool i saw everything i voted for yesterday won the primary today our sheriff no democrat won so three rep ran and i did not get to vote on that i had my dem ballot i really did not want current sheriff back in at all. terrible job he has done and now he is facing charges on stuff he did not win. blackwell won yay. lucas knuce won big he will face that crummy josh hawley in nov. police got more money that barely won and i think why would you want to be a cop so happy that pass every day on the news someone killed or injured badly

hi joho did karen hear anything yet

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DD055D51D4FC?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28765 on: August 07, 2024, 08:41:43 AM »

7:55, but I had to interupt to close blinds.  Sun has broken through the clouds.  Electric was off most of the night.  I don't think anything went bad in the fridge.  Frozen was still frozen, and milk seemed ok in coffee and cereal.  May be bad tomorrow, but is ok today.  Got clocks fixed. All is well right now.  Karen is off to the dentist for her 8:40 am appointment.  She usually sleeps in a little.  So I am not sure why she got such an early appointment.  She did not know either, but when your teeth hurt you are not at your best for planning.  Her teeth were hurting. LOL
Her skin doctor told her a story I cannot fathom or repeat.  Something about," don't worry.  It is an old spot that is spreading, and is in the process of disappearing or healing".  Something like that.  We went to Drugmart for her healing cream.  I hope it works.  Only cost $1.84.  Soooo!  At this point we are not worried like we were.  We watched the Olympics until late.  When I got home my electric was still off so I had to get out my little Coleman camping lantern.  It is a miracle lamp that always works.  It is about 40 or 50 years old and is only on it's second or third battery. LOL  Someday it will not light, but not yet. TYG
Well I think I will go now and check in with Debbie.  She drove home through the tornado storm from a doctor with all three of her grandsons with her.  They drove around downed trees and wires.  She was scared she said.  I thought she was home all along.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #28766 on: August 08, 2024, 05:08:28 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here 54 in iceland i can hear my living room tv on local channel and weather lady saying something about thunderstorms this morning i went out earlier clear skies saw stars i sure do wish all them raccoonies would act right in the early morning so many i break cookies in two night before have some in bag and lots on top of dog food in my little bucket open my side door and start throwing them out try to get my walker heading down the sidewalk to the barn where open that door here comes all the raccoonies in there. lots of kids now. throw out cookies and fill dog pans with that dry food give indy hay cookie and cookie for my birds and some raccoonies following me back there then i head out come back later after i post in here feed dogs and cats then not so many raccoonies. clean out the barn etc

hi joho i saw something about weather up there not good thank you god for watching out for debbie and her grands. good you got your power back on. hard to not have power i got a little coleman camping lantern too somewhere my mom got it for me long long ago puts out alot of light yay on karens skin deal i guess sounds like okay news. i hope it heals and be done with it. i was cutting out some poison ivy growing around my directv dish and around smokie my arms are itching poison ivy all over the place i did wash real good but you know.  smokie battery been dead for a couple of months i just have not felt like hooking up the charger and extension cord i had to cut away lots of brush to get the hood up i was proud that i did all that and let it charge all day and night and started it up yesterday and it fired right up too sounded good. something is draining my battery i need to find out what. i think it is that auto theft deal that flashing all the time when the car is shut off. will only start when right key is in there well wouldnt it do that anyway. but also it powers airbags and something else so i cant just remove that fuse. i dont drive it anymore just to mail box but been using sisters car for that this week jim gone he left the gator by barn door so i been driving it to get the mail. and jim is up and down half the night dogs lay by my bedroom and then bark and bark all this week they have not barked once at night. last night i woke up and went to check on them sound asleep by my door. been nice.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/25055D5CC9BA?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28767 on: August 08, 2024, 12:14:20 PM »

7;45  Debbie and Mary and her family are all holed up in some Air B&B, because the electric is off at both their homes. My electric came back on early yesterday, but I guess theirs is still off.  Lots of widespread damage in the area.  Traffic lights are also out nearby.  No injuries that I know of.
Have not heard from anyone yet today.
GBU EV1. 

calhound

« Reply #28768 on: August 09, 2024, 05:18:05 AM »

hi you guys its 57 here

hi joho good debbie and mary and family is somewhere that there is power. i did not see on weather channel so much damage i must of missed that. hoping they get power back today good you got yours. dogs been good to not bark but this morning they are barking alot acting like someone is here..

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/54055D4D9828

johoward

« Reply #28769 on: August 09, 2024, 08:28:56 AM »

6:44 Yes lots of damage.  It took a full day for the news to catch up with the storms.  There were at least four tornados in the area.  Some were on the ground for 15 miles.  They put up a chart comparing the tornados.  Wind speeds, distance, width, etc.  First time I have seen this.  Was quite interesting, and helped explain why so many were without service.
I did not go out at all due to traffic hazards.  So I did not see anyone.  I did not even take the trek to get my mail.  I will go soon this morning.  Boy, I really do miss the days when I could open my door and pick up the paper.  Then go to the table and read the news with my coffee and cereal. I have a stubborn cough left over from that cold a few weeks ago.  I will tell the doctor about it today at 1:15.  Also the watery eyes for many months, and one other concern if I can remember to bring it up.  Usually I am back in my car before I think of what I wanted to tell him.  I will make a note today after I go get the paper from my mailbox down the street about .2 of a mile one way. Hope it does not rain.  I will be walking.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel,Ukraine, and those suffering.