Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 633751 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28320 on: April 14, 2024, 01:04:28 PM »

you guys ive been working on getting sweets temp from real early this morning extremely low 97.2 goal is at least 101. gave him penicillian im 6:am gave him antibiotic for urinary tract infection keeping heating pad moms blanket my coat awhile ago i took his temp again its 100.6 and went to straighten out my thick blanket he is laying on and it was wet he peed a ton sob he peed i gotta hurry he moved his blanket so i yelled jim he ran in he lifted him up pulled out pee blanket put down big soft dog bed calis for in here sat sweets on it he laid like sitting up wobbly but up put pillows between him side of couch no eating but head up alert and his belly not tight and huge and he does not have blockage gotta go
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28321 on: April 14, 2024, 03:30:58 PM »

6:32
Not much better.  Did go to urgent care for Karen, and got antibiotics.  No strep, but some kind of germ. Went to wait at Drugmart for prescriptions they called in. The drug pusher lady was all apologetic about the cost.
 I was confused the two new ones, the antibiotic and the Prednisone, were low $1.70 and another low price.  The one she was warning me about was my good old Invokana.  It was high.  Over $150 I think, and just for thirty days.  But I gotta have it.
Still praying for Sweets Cal.  He deserves to be more comfortable.  You and the vet are doing all you can.  Keep it up if you can.  It is not always up to us you know.

johoward

« Reply #28322 on: April 14, 2024, 05:09:00 PM »

Karen just popped in to give me some healthy unbleached flour white bread, and some red seedless grapes. I kept my mask on to protect her like I did for the Dr. and drugstore.
I have been enjoying my time alone watching the Decorah Eagles Cam.  Here the geese have hatched recently, and will soon be taking the leap of faith to the ground.
They can't stay in the nest for long, because they have no food there.  The Dad walked out on the limb.  One started to follow him.  Now they are all under Mom.  Both Dad and Mom are going to sleep already.
I need tom go cook so I will miss the jump.  Oh well .
Bye for now EV1. GBU, Israel, Sweets, Ukraine and all who are sufferring.

johoward

« Reply #28323 on: April 15, 2024, 12:58:27 PM »

May Peace be with you Cal.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28324 on: April 15, 2024, 02:45:39 PM »

Cal, Your silence is sad. I'm sending hugs to you.

calihoula

« Reply #28325 on: April 15, 2024, 02:55:25 PM »

hi you guys sweets still here i had to get pick up groceries took me long time to unload put away do indy do dogs forgot to post
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28326 on: April 15, 2024, 02:57:14 PM »

have to go to my desktop to do puzzle hang on barn time again feed cats again care for sweets lots lots to do jim came home now out doing ac calls

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28327 on: April 15, 2024, 03:05:36 PM »

hi you guys again its 85 here weather alert for here big bad storm coming tonight high winds rain hail maybe tornado if power goes out generator get house going jim has extension cord laying by the side door to barn hook indy with light and his radio  sweets in the house his breathing is fast so worried about that get one thing going and another thing shows up like someone up there just gotta have this goat. but for right now he is still mine. he will always be mine so i cleaned out up in his nostril cause sounding raspy and got lots of old snot up there now his breathing is real quiet helped his fast breathing just a little when jim gets back we are going to turn him again laying you know he is on penicillan and i got him on my moms water pill she took for her heart congestive heart failure but i read and gave me the dosage for goats that goat take this get the water out of his lung so i gave one this morning another later on today

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B0055D596F2F?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28328 on: April 15, 2024, 03:26:48 PM »

Well Hello Cal and Sweets!

Hi Cal! I was just heading out of the Forum and thought I'd look for a post/update from you and there you were.

Yes sweets is always yours and I applaud all of your efforts helping him. You get an A++++++++++++ for TLC.

Stay safe from that storm. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

johoward

« Reply #28329 on: April 15, 2024, 05:30:35 PM »

Hi EV!,  7:09 on the puzzle.  Was distracted by the day.  I did find a video of the Leap of Faith by the babies in the Decorah eagle cam goose nest.  I almost caught it this morning.  I was just a little late to the cam.  Later I found it on a list of recent cams.
Good to see you Cal, I was expecting the worst due to silence, and am very happy Sweets is holding on.
 You feel now that he has fluid in his lungs from heart failure.  Or some other organ failure.  You may be right, but that sounds so very serious.  My brother improved some for a while after Lasix for fluid, but it was an awful time for us.
When will Jim get back to turn him?
Was a great day here I guess. Now 63 degrees and sunny.  Of course all day talking about severe thunder storms.
 I did not go out.  Was on the couch mostly.  Took lots of pills. Too many I think. Cough is still strong , but does not hurt my back as much today.  Throat is not quite so sore either.  Prednisone is great.
Bye for now EV1 GBU, Israel, Sweets, Ukraine and all who are sufferring.

calihoula

« Reply #28330 on: April 16, 2024, 02:27:59 AM »

hi you guys laying next to sweets it has not stormed yet i hear ac kicking on gave sweets a drink his breathing rapid give his penicillin soon ac back on i let the dogs out told them no barking just go pee come right back they did that good girls joho sorry you are sick i dont know what is wrong with sweets but i know its bad im trying to save him trying to do everything i can yes jim turned him took me awhile to get his pillows fixed get him comfortable. went from him bloating that day to worms he bounced back to maybe polio to worms again maybe to dont know cant help anymore hi paulie my heart hurts

calihoula

« Reply #28331 on: April 16, 2024, 03:26:22 AM »

Back to Daily Updates
A Closer Bear and Two New Faces - UPDATE April 15, 2024

Moose seen from WRI
Last evening at 9 PM, a neighbor got to see a bear less than half a mile away from here. That made me put bear food out here this morning in addition to the usual fare for the others, but while I haplessly kept an eye out for the bear, two new faces showed up.

Turkey Vulture
Turkey vulture

The first turkey vulture of my year sailed in and landed in the best place possible for a picture—a sunny spot less than 50 feet away from my window on the nearest branch of the big white pine. He was so close I could see details in his face. When he eventually took flight, he showed a wingspan that is only a foot less than a bald eagle’s even though a vulture weighs only four pounds, compared to about 9 1/2 for a bald eagle. With all that wing surface, vultures are definitely built for gliding on thermals as they smell their way to food. This one was apparently drawn to the meat I had out for the fishers, foxes, and mink. The turkey vulture was a good enough sighting to make my day, but something bigger was afoot.

Turkey Vulture    Turkey Vulture
Late this afternoon, crossing the bog on the other side of the lake was the first moose I’ve seen here in a year and a half. The picture shows a lot of fur loss from his shoulder area, probably due to thousands of winter ticks (Dermacentor albipictus) sucking his blood all winter long causing a lot of blood and hair loss.

It was another good day of being distracted from work by the flow of sightings out the window, including a helpless need to grab binoculars to see what kinds of ducks are on the lake and what the beaver was up to when he appeared around 7 PM.

I’m thankful for all you do and all that the birds and animals do, too.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28332 on: April 16, 2024, 06:34:42 AM »

hi you guys its 66 here raining lightly lightening in the skies 35 in ice 61 in kviv 73 in the barn big storms over in kansas tornado warnings more down south heading up but right now light rain and lightening did sweets penicillin hours ago cleaned out his nose still breathing hard i put a vanilla wafer broke off into his mouth make him chew that cause goats chewing their cud really helps their rumen alot. i sit next to him on the floor and work on that give him some water he peed alot earlier sunday was mowing day around here i was mowing the dogs yard and my mower got stuck well another flat tire same one jim fixed last year. so i left it to jim to fix and went back in to sweets. he was mowing the front our front is like a big field we do not mow the hay fields yet indys back pasture he use to have we mow a patch to the pond back there so animals can got to it easy. i like it mowed i like to see the ground. so jim will mow it if i keep asking. i use to mow all that but no time anymore and long time on the mower doing that.  jims zero turn or tractor is fast. anyway i was letting the dogs out and saw jims truck up in the hay field along the fence we have to share with tim and tims goats in our hay field like 8 of them rest still over at times they got out thru the fence we do not run any animals along there never have and indy has his own small pasture if he got out of there would still be on our land but he does not we check on him all the time when he is out. i saw tim and his wife out there jim came in later and said he told tim i will help you fix that fence but tim said he would i was thinking well time you should let jim help you cause he knows how to do that. our animals never gotten out yours do all the time. like his mean dog awhile back remember that you guys i was afraid to go to the barn jim went right up to tim too said that is the second time your dog has growled at me on my own property do not let it happen again or i will take care of it tim said he wont bite jim said fix that fence if want to keep your dog he did but that dog could of gotten out with those goats sunday

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/88055D5BD95D
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28333 on: April 16, 2024, 06:38:00 AM »

Obeying signs can be time consuming

calihoula

« Reply #28334 on: April 16, 2024, 10:23:24 AM »

i just did barn chores weather looking not so good came in sweets wanting a drink his breathing so hard sob trying to get his head up using my coat with pillow its up my cell buzzing saying tornado warning my area take shelter now showing rotation well im not leaving sweets so nope oh weather channel saying same thing holt take shelter my vet is in holt goodluck doc good jim in city cause aint going to the basement