Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 631364 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28200 on: March 18, 2024, 05:52:54 PM »

I now see that bear walking around some .  I wish I knew who it is.  I am thrilled to see it.  I am guessing it is Lucky.
Oh at the den entrance now. May go in soon!
Sorry Neva to hear of your fall.  I have finally put aside my several aids.  I do know the terrible helpless feeling of losing my balance going down.  I find myself now looking ahead some to try to control what I might land on. LOL
 Many things get to stay where I see them instead of immediately being picked up or pushed around or closed  etc.
Do take more care if possible.  Falls are the major cause of death for elders I hear.  My ugliest scars are on my knees from falling off my bike after I had knee surgery and swerved to avoid hurting a snake sunning himself on a sidewalk.
I have to go cook something now.  Lunch was good, but for some reason I am hungrey again. 
Take care now.  EV1 GBU and GN.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 06:07:15 PM by johoward »

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28201 on: March 18, 2024, 06:18:08 PM »

hi neva i use my scooter all the time in the house got my cane hooked on the handle bars but i can move fast on my knee scooter walker outside front door so scooter to door then walker cane inside barn i went to get groceries in walmart well pick up then walked harps took me forever to get to the door. i am worse off than i was before i do not know what i did probably lifted dont recall falling recently i did fall awhile back had a can of cat food in my right jean pocket and fell on cement garage floor on my right side with that can  in my pocket  i am tired alot yes we got an electric friend dennis he hooked up the generator did wiring and deal that i keep in the kitchen tells me if it needs service oil change oil new battery he also does customs horse stalls wood on bottom iron bars at top big sliding doors at each end swing out that is not a good feature but we tied the doors with a bungy cord in return jim put in a furnace and ac for his sister. jim does some elec i will ask cause that would be so great neva not have to get another generator or another propane tank just run barn off house one just a little fuse box too only the furnace ac lights some elec plugs radio neva i am from a horse loving family well my mom only my mom but she loved horses loved them we kids had one polly did not like horses at all or any pet really so moms best friend juanita bought pollys pony well mom gave her to her cause really good home. susie loved horses too rose was a mustang and she even had a number tattoo on her necked susie got her from a rescue deal her horse before rose was dixie she was a small horse or big pony like my tuco was roxie was an american saddle breed tuco had welsh pony in her probably why she lived for about 40 years good i got her as a kid had her most my life that was hard loss all are really soda pearl appy and now indy little john mule. i will never be able to ride him but that is okay if i ever got where i could ride again i would not ride him he is too bucky too scared of stuff i would fall and there i would be  tuco i rode as a kid and rode her everywhere across bridges roads just everywhere trail rides she loved riding with big group of horse roxie did not i will kick you horse so we had to ride toward the back. soda was good me and susie would ride alot she rode soda i rode roxie. when i still had tuco she would cry if let behind so took her too let her ride along. yes i love horses went to every american royal with mom horse shows you name it i do not like rodeo  you are very lucky you did not hit your head on corner of that table. i know neva i am so slow and try to be so careful but i know all the sudden you are down i just reread your post i am sure there is a way to run extension cord from generator to barn back of generator had plug in jim could drill a hole in barn wall run it there but i would need to be hooked up with fuse box in the barn cause i dont want that light on all the time just the regular lights in the barn that are on all the time. and no furnace only can have it and ac if hooked up to the generator. i will ask cause i would love that.

hi joho sounds like a plan you had today wintery day stay in stay warm and safe.  well crud after 6:00 and i still have cats to feed have not ate and will not get 8 hours sleep again tonight and i got to drive all the way to the city to see that quack dr foster in the morning on my implant last time he left in that room for an hour and half cause he said he got hung up on a phone call well this time he best not do that i call that unprofessional and rude behavior.
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28202 on: March 19, 2024, 06:36:58 AM »

I was Wrong! - UPDATE March 18, 2024

Eagle swooping in
close up
zoomed in close

I was wrong in guessing that the bald eagle had moved north to a nesting area when I hadn’t seen him or her for a couple days. Today he was back big time. I saw an eagle fly over low but didn’t see it good enough to even know if it was an immature or adult. I got some chicken pieces and put them in his grab and go spot, sat down at my desk and within seconds—whoisch—he swooped by, taking half the pile in a quick grab. Minutes later he grabbed the second half. He made several more trips, making me wonder if the small, cut up pieces were slipping away from him. I don’t know, but I didn’t see him eating when he landed. On the 21st some ham fat will be arriving for a bonanza.Bald eagle
Bald eagle

I liked the picture (shown above) of him taking off, showing his wings coming down tilted so we can see them front to back and also see his tail cocked upward and in view. I looked up on Google what their wingspan is, and it was more specific than the 80 inches I saw in a bird book. Google said 5.9 to 7.5 feet. Doing the math, that is 70.8 to 90 inches. The wings look huge in the picture. But I also liked being able to see his eyes and talons, so I cropped in so we can see that in more detail, too. And then on the branch. I hope he keeps coming.

The raccoons apparently are still lying low without a sighting in person or on a trail cam and without the sunflower seeds being cleaned up overnight.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28203 on: March 19, 2024, 06:41:17 AM »

hi you guys its 32 60 in the barn i gotta get head to the city get this over with get back home eagle pictures  pretty cool and yes doc i bet those raccoonies are laying low with that eagle flyin around

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1E055D5A4E86?z=0

gb all animals and all of us not you putin

johoward

« Reply #28204 on: March 19, 2024, 08:52:39 AM »

5:40  Thanks Cal.  It sounds like you are getting near the time to take care of yourself.  I am feeling overwhelmed just reading about your day, but I am glad you are sharing it with us.  I think it helps to focus when we write things down.
I was happy to see in the paper that the firemen are starting to advertise their pancake breakfasts. s  It is a sure sign of Spring around here.  Maple syrup season follows with lots of pancakes. 
It is very cold and snowy this morning.  I think I will stay in again except for a hazardous walk to my mailbox of course.  I will put on my heaviest Carhart barn coat including the hood, my wool lined gloves, and my Muck boots.  Then I will take my cane and carry the mail to the out box.  Bills will be paid.  I need my water and gas kept on.  I will take my phone too in case I fall and can't get up.  As they say. LOL.
Did not see Karen or Debbie yesterday.  Karen worked and fell asleep when she got home.  Debbie took care of Bash.  Then went to ARF for training in the evening.  I will ask her how she is doing soon.
Bye now EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, Alice, Tweety, Larry, Debbie, Mary (who is doing better TYG), and all others who are suffering.

calihoula

« Reply #28205 on: March 19, 2024, 01:44:37 PM »

hi joho i took my walker got it into back seat of pollys focus lots of traffic got there got in no auto door i had open it catch it with walker so they made my guide for upcoming implant on bottom did scan all bone stuff dr foster said looks good im glad i went cause they put my uncovering top implant along placement of new implant on bottom same time instead of 9:00 now 8 i asked him if i would be getting that shot again in roof of my mouth he said yes i said no just do it get shot in bottom that hurts but not like roof of mouth then i drive down to dr platte   start on my new tooth finally got my prescription for antibiotics i said take starting two days before i get that implant foster said your a pro now got home did dogs out to barn jim came in he was home short time he said that will be painful on your uncovering your implant did you tell him you want the gas no jim called told them i will need gas then shot they will have it ready ty jim gas take me elsewhere but bring me right back last night i ate little pizza sat it back in my cart basket my cats look in eat the cheese off top laid down right to sleep woke up at two am oh crud time to get up joho be careful and people who have fallen and could not get up my mom was one jims dad another one should of had a phone at least that button deal alice fell could not get up but had that button deal she pressed my other father in law dad davis fell outside coming in from his shop hit his head very cold too good his friend came over found him dad got that button had it in his overall but hit button alot error so then he put it inside an old skoal can

hospice just called jim said his dad has maybe 12 hours left  :( jim left he said earlier he told his sister shelly and brett to leave dads medicines alone they were throwing them away cause a thief will break in steal them steal other stuff i tell you guys im sick of those two nutty thinking jim too she quit teaching years ago works for construction co she likes book work i would not want to teach either anyway we will take the antibiotics for cats and dogs no one made them boss. poor pops
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28206 on: March 19, 2024, 05:07:27 PM »

Cal I am sorry for what you all are going through, but I am glad you can share with us.  I think in some way it helps you.  At least I hope so.  I have heard that what God brings us to he will see us through.
GBU and especially Larry and Jim.

neva

« Reply #28207 on: March 19, 2024, 06:29:29 PM »

Sea Tree Seat ...  31:32     72°   (1:29  pm)   Sunny w/ clouds and a breeze.

It's a lovely day, so my daughter, her daughter and the baby went to the  Zoo and lunch, (I don't know in what order) and had a great time this afternoon.  New babies at the zoo - an elephant and a giraffe.  Mavie is finally old enough to see and watch the animals.  His parents bought a membership and go often enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he grew up to be a Zoologist of some sort. 

Cal    My condolences for this last day for your father-in-law.  Goodbyes are difficult, even when they are expected.   

Joho     I hope your weather warms up soon.  What you said to Cal, you said it beautifully.  Thanks.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28208 on: March 19, 2024, 07:20:07 PM »

Cal, I just read your post. Your father-in-law remains in my prayers as well as Jim and you. God's timing is always perfect.
God bless.

calhound

« Reply #28209 on: March 20, 2024, 06:00:16 AM »

hi you guys its 38 here 38 in ice 39 in kviv 60 in the barn. jim is not home my phone off in my purse have not looked at it yet but i think pops still here cause him would come home if not. i think myself he will go when god is ready no matter what anyone says. i asked god out in the barn to come get him soon cause that is what he wanted and i ask annie to help like i ask my mom to come get her cats when its time. its really hard good i guess good i have tons of chores and go pretty much all day have to stop and rest and by the time i get to bed at night i go right to sleep. rest my body and mind.

hi joho thanks yes i am really glad to have you guys to share stuff with i hope you feel the same.  jims sister said yesterday they were increasing his pain med like a sedative i hope pops is sleeping alot jim said he was. its hard i got to drop off my prescription for these antibiotics from dr foster i want to start my cat pulver on some he has a really bad cold sneezing running nose

hi neva how fun the zoo i loved the zoo when i was a kid mom took us alot so did my grandmother  even as a kid i did not like seeing big cats bears in those cages back then still dont but i know there are zoo that they have wide open spaces now those are the best have open space safe from hunters and stuff. vet care

hi paulie thanks and yes gods timing that is what it will be in gods hands

i am just so sad oh i hear my kitchen coyotes howling in the kitchen got to feed them the dogs so good at night sleep thru the night penny and brownie right outside my door cali on the bed with me all the cats everyone sleeping.

gb all animals gb larry alice all of us not you putin

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/54055D4B9D10?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #28210 on: March 20, 2024, 10:26:27 AM »

hi you guys just did barn stuff again jim always email me on wed tell me what his check is thurs i go to bank get him money get gas he mailed me earlier what his check is he is at work pops must still be here i wish he would of had that surgery he might of made it  wind is cold scout flying around
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28211 on: March 20, 2024, 12:27:10 PM »

WOW! 4:53 Really rolling this time.  It is because I been here too long doing cams.  Nature is calling loudly.  CUL EV1 GBU and all those who are sufferring.

calhound

« Reply #28212 on: March 20, 2024, 04:47:14 PM »

calhound

« Reply #28213 on: March 21, 2024, 05:11:23 AM »

hi you guys its 32 here 38 in ice 49 in kviv 59 in the barn jim came by yesterday did barn stuff pops still here he went on back i got to head to bank and get gas and drop off my prescription for antibiotics from dr foster i take them 2 days before implant appt in april

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C5055D5717E8?z=0

gb all animals and gb all of us not you putin

johoward

« Reply #28214 on: March 21, 2024, 11:16:12 AM »

5:28
Did not see Karen again yesterday.  She did call last night.  We will play cards this evening at 7 while watching Wheel Of Fortune which we both like.
Debbie is not getting better.  Now she has to transition from a low fodmap diet to a carnivore diet to starve the bad bacteria in her small intestine.  She is very limited on food.  Only meat, fat, cheese, and eggs.  Her doctor refused to give a third prescription for antibiotics, which Debbie wants to try. 
Instead, she wants Debbie to have another colonoscopy.  This is costly and usually not indicated at two year intervals.  Debbie had one in 2021 with no alarming results. She has a huge deductible and her insurance says she has met it already for this year.  I think she mentioned $3000.  I know she spent nearly $1000 on just two prescriptions for antibiotics.
Well time to see what others are doing today, so CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, Larry, Alice, Tweety, and all who are suffering.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 04:32:53 PM by johoward »