Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1115241 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28155 on: March 10, 2024, 10:15:27 AM »

i DID PUZZLE, BUT FORGOT TIME. Was not a record. Was on texting with Deb at same time trying to get everyone up to speed on time change so far two out of three forgot.  How about you all? Plus somehow I changed settings in my phone so that I do not get the same keys when I hit the number button.  I no longer see the colon, question mark, etc.  I get a square chart like thingy that I have never seen before with no punctuation marks.  DARN and Got to call to get phone fixed. CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Alice, little bird, Jim's dad Larry and Ukraine.  On with CC now, but they cut me off.  Need to go. Bye
Back already.  I got it fixed by myself while redialing CC.  So here I am again still off kilter due to the time change debacle.  I see the press core ambushed Biden again.  I emotionally kind of agree with him that Israel maybe could do more to safeguard  innocents.  If indeed there are any in a nation whose elected leaders teach preschoolers to hate and to kill their neighbors.  Then tunnel under hospitals etc. to shield themselves from battle.  I do not see from the news what would be a safe end to this war from Israel's point of view.  I wish I could see a potential end to such devastation and horror.  Don't even ask me what I think of Iran and the Houtis.  WTH?
Please God show us what you want done with the evil we face on Earth.  Now!
Forgot to mention that we have a blizzard outside my window right now.  High wind and lots of "pretty" snow.  Roads are warm though, so it is sticking only on grass and drives.  Looks nice and is afe driving.  32 degrees. bye again.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:44:32 AM by johoward »

calihoula

« Reply #28156 on: March 10, 2024, 11:13:31 AM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28157 on: March 10, 2024, 11:23:40 AM »

hi joho i woke up at well,weather channel said 3:15 what oh no an hour 15 min behind which in my world alot but stupid daylight saving what really here was 2:15 i saw on weather channel you are getting snow i saw on news tv in livingroom when i went by biden not happy with isreal middle east always hatred fighting murder now putin to i know your out there god come on good over evil
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #28158 on: March 10, 2024, 05:19:45 PM »

Shoe Pots ...  23:03      74°  (2:20 pm)   Sunny & breezy.

Cal      Thankfully I don't have to deal with Daylight Savings time and the clock changes, but I do remember it from living in Massachusetts as a kid.  What I loved about it then was getting to play outside longer and seeing how long the light lasted.  I can see how it interferes with adult schedules.     

Joho     A big problem with Israel is the man that is running it.  He is a hawk, always has been, and there are others in his Political party that are the same.  I don't remember the date, but after becoming a country, Israel set aside two areas of land for the Palestinians so that they could have their own place to become a country of their own.  One is Gaza and the other is the West Bank.  It would have been wonderful if Israel had offered help and encouragement with this, but what they did do was send Israeli citizens into these areas to build settlements which were then occupied by these Israelis.   I do not understand that at all.  It is taking back what you have given, piece by piece, and they are still doing it.  That has sent a pretty clear message to the Palestinians.  They are never going to be free in their own land.  What Hamas did to the Israelis is horrendous and unforgiveable, but slaughtering and starving everyone is not the answer,  So, there you are - Benjamin Netanyahu is making this decision.  What can we all do about that?  It's not like Israel hasn't heard what we think about this before.  It has been said many times over the years.

... and the Palistinians need to get the Hamas the hell out of there!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 02:51:55 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28159 on: March 10, 2024, 05:38:53 PM »

hi neva just did the barn in my office to feed my cats in here and check here happy i did i agree with everything you said neva! did not know all that it is bs i do not like Netanyahu  i thought that to slaughtering and starving everyone is not the answer all them kids them donkeys mules cause that is what they use there. i want that netanyahu to lose in the election. never to be free in their own land   ukraine begging to be in nato and will take forever for them to get in wth if they have a chance then have to hope the crooks of nato want something we can give jets to turkey hungary what kind of nato is this. no one stops putin and on and on. i just hope putin makes one deadly mistake hits a nato country and hope nato will respond to it. you are so lucky no DST missouri keeps saying to end it but no one puts in law radio said dr say its bad to have it well no kidding tired as heck dr say should leave it alone after the fall back i totally agree with that! i do not care about it staying light out i go to bed at 6 when i can now its 8 cause jim is at hospice so i do that last barn stuff at 7;30 pm more light gives cruddy neighbor behind us not tim more time to fire his gun over and over jim told him awhile back one bullet spins off your metal trash pile and into our property will we own your place he did kinda back off after that some. worry cause he shoots by our land we go the  barn and house. dogs will not go out and pee at all
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28160 on: March 10, 2024, 10:21:36 PM »

Thanks for the history Neva.  It helps.  I strongly agree with you and Netanyahu, Hamas must go.  I think the Palestinians would have enjoyed their home more if they had not elected the Hamas to run it for them.  I don't know anything, but that is what I have been told.
I did not see Karen today.  She spent the whole day frustratingly trying to repair her Apple Ipad, and did not want company. 
I did see Debbie.  She had a bad day again today.  She just does not feel good.  i will see her tomorrow to go pick up her car at the dealer.  She says the chipmunks have damaged her heater system, and it must be dismantled. 
Now I will say good night.  The snow has stopped, but the cold wind still blows.
On my way home from Debbie's I saw a tom turkey harassing a herd of six deer near the road.  So I pulled into a side road and stopped.  As soon as I stopped the turkey came toward my car.  He walked right up to the right front fender and stuck his head up over the hood so he could get a look at me.  I hung around, and watched him for about 20 minutes.  I drove up the road about a quarter mile to see the deer herd.  Then I drove back down the other side and stopped near the end.  Here he comes again across the road and the median right up to my window.  He was giving me the eyeball.  I took his picture and went for home.  I sure hope he stays out of the road.  Lots of people know about him.  Several cars stopped to watch us.
Well that was exciting. CUL EV1 GBU, Larry, little bird, Alice, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #28161 on: March 11, 2024, 05:44:16 AM »

hi you guys its 43  here 37 in ice and kviv and 59 in the barn

hi joho i sure do hope that turkey stays out of the road too.  he is pretty brave nosey and needs to rethink stuff outta of the road turkey please! sorry for debbie and chipmunks got her heater do you have squirrels too like we do or just chipmunks. i did not know you had them.

hi neva

i gotta put maybe and kitty boy in carriers in the garage and go pick up groceries

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0F055D505DE2

gb all animals and all of us not you putin
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28162 on: March 11, 2024, 09:24:59 AM »

9:16 on tulips.  Saw a story about mustard turning Napa Valley yellow during Spring bloom.  The paper had a whole page about this phenomenon.  Seems mustard was imported there and now sweeps the entire area in the Spring.  It is invasion to the max, but not entirely harmful.  The roots are deep and help break up the soil for the grape vines to expand.  The plant is also beneficial by killing undesirable fungus, bugs, etc. in the soil.  Plowing the mustard plants over into the soil also provides enrichments during decay.
Aren't you glad to know that? LOL
Yes Cal , we have squirrels, three kinds, but they do not come into our homes like flying squirrels do.  Debbie's car never sits outside.  I do not know how she can keep the vermin out of her garage and out of her car.  She and Bash enjoy a lot of wildlife in her yard, but would rather not have them in her car.
Hi Neva.  Jimmy Kimmel and my paper are sure having a field day with Biden's speech and with the Norman Rockwell style housewifely response.
Repetition is a powerful political tool.  That is why we see so many political adds.  The more times we hear something the more likely we are to believe it. However, everyone SAYING that Biden is responsible for the terrible inflation we all suffer from does not make it true.
 In the Roman senate Pliney the Elder stood up once each year for twenty years and said simply, "Carthage must be destroyed".  Then he died and Pliney the junior took his seat.  Junior stood up and said just once, "Carthage must be destroyed", and it was.
Bye for now my friends.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, Larry, Alice and little bird.  Peace soon God, if you will.

neva

« Reply #28163 on: March 11, 2024, 07:10:08 PM »

Flight over Tulips ...  30:34     76°   (4:32 pm)   Sunny, some clouds and breezy.

I hope all is going as you had hoped it would today.

Hi Cal     Is Sweets back to himself?

Hi Joho      I remember hearing about that Carthage thing.  Twenty years from the older one didn't do it, but once from Junior did.  Somebody keep an eye on Donald Jr,  ... please!   
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #28164 on: March 11, 2024, 10:09:51 PM »

Good point Neva, about junior.
Headed for bed now.  GN and GBU EV1.

calhound

« Reply #28165 on: March 12, 2024, 06:27:38 AM »

hi you guys its 52 here 32 in ice 35 in kviv and 60 in the barn.  grass is getting tall sure dont feel like trying to mow at all jims dad still in hospice jim came by here yesterday and then back there he goes to work in the morning then here then back there he keeps asking the dr how long as his dad got i think he should not do that and he said he needs to know so to take care of stuff but jim your dad had 3 kids you got two sisters one older one younger cathy been doing alot of stuff for her dad since mom left and i hope you do not ask that in front of your dad. i hope jim goes first cause i do not want to know how long i got

hi neva i saw earlier on the weather channel your temp was 48 and mine was 48. sweets is not as unruly as he use to be he is unruly but not so bad to me anymore he gets that way with jim but not as bad. he back to jumping around and getting in his bed and when i went in to add water he got behind me and gave me a light hit with his horns but it still almost knocked me down and i got on him. he feels cheated if i dont pet him comb him out. i really think he remembers how sick he was and what all i did. i hope he never gets sick again. i been using this bowl made of cement its great had in the laundry room retro likes to sticks his paws in the water bowl he was knocking over but he could not with this one. so put it in for sweets and he cant either i have to fill it alot. i put it down by back door so just slide door open and fill it. i saw one it is cement too mirlandra lambert country singer its her bowls mutt nation cement and even pad deal on the bottom cant scoot it at all. money goes to help dogs. jim went to tractor supply got me three. i love them. i put one out with sweets along with his other one so he has two one back in for retro and basement steps cats this morning pulver once again knocked his water down the step oh i know who is getting that third bowl. colors blue and red only 9.99

hi joho! i dont see how anything gets in debbies car either parked in garage  once i forgot to put my window back up in my car in the garage well my garage laundry room cats got in there and did a number on my door panel scratching post  :(

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/93055D54EDDA?z=0

gb all animals gb all of us not you putin

johoward

« Reply #28166 on: March 12, 2024, 11:05:20 AM »

5:17  Really nice out this morning.  54 degrees at 11:41 and sunny.
Did not see Karen yesterday. I did talk to her last evening about our days. Her Apple Ipad is to come home today.  I sure hope it works for her.  I know I would dearly miss mine.  How could I keep up with you guys, my emails, all the animal cams, all the bear cams. Doc's updates and photos?  No! Thanks!  I would have to go shopping for a new one right away. LOL
 Took Debbie to get car after visiting with Mary and Bash at Debbie's house when Mary came to get Bash.  Mary looks good, and he was great.
Then I went to Grafton to see what they are planning to build for a new library.  I love the good old building they are in, but they say it is only half the size it should be for size of their service area.  "They" is the architect that makes his living designing libraries.  He conducted the meeting sharing potential sites and stats on others.  Mostly he said we need more small meeting rooms, and maybe e moveable book racks and room dividers.  The favored location is a derelict gas station on a Main Street corner near town center.
 I only went to this meeting because I hoped to meet the daughter of a good old friend from my first real job at a rural telephone company.  I want to tell her how much I liked her Dad.  She was not there. 
OK now time to say so long.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, Larry, Alice, and I hope little bird.
Thanks to God and Cal for healing Sweets, and maybe taming in him just a little. LOL

calihoula

« Reply #28167 on: March 12, 2024, 02:06:48 PM »

hi joho doing chores little bird doing good been a week maybe few days see how her wing is in bathroom door shut her next step big bird cage in there. jim came home his 2016 f150 been at that mechanic fixed my car mouse chewed wire truck has cracked head lots of stuff he called ford where he works get another motor they are on backorder but in i think anyway i put it on my credit card 2 year warranty unlimited miles total and labor and a turbo deal 8 grand jim got his profit sharing will cover this i like the looks of the 2016 better than this 23 jim says ranger was too small this new truck too big hard to park 2016 perfect already that guy put in new transmission awhile back jim put on a new alternator and harness new tires so should be like a new truck i hope. he needs it to pull trailer full,of old ac furnaces etc to scrap metal place and farm use save new truck i gotta go feed dogs cats bird back to barn yes sweets tamed up but i still got my eye on that boy jim said his dad said his arms legs feel real heavy nurse hospice said that was a sign i told jim i do not want to hear anymore i just cant he went back to hospital

neva

« Reply #28168 on: March 12, 2024, 05:35:13 PM »

Carousel Horses ...  41:52  😯      76°  (2:41  pm)   Sunny w/ a few light clouds and a slight breeze.

Cal     I am so glad to hear such good things about Sweets.     That water dish that you bought is a nice looking one.  I prefer that shape for the dogs too. 

Joho     I would love to see how someone would turn an old gas station into a Library.  It's hard to imagine. 
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #28169 on: March 12, 2024, 10:00:06 PM »

Did not see Karen today.  She spent the entire frustrating day with her daughter at the Apple store.  Buying a new computer, and trying to transfer usable data from her old one that she says was totally corrupted.  I am not so sure it could not have been cleaned out and reused.  It still worked almost normally, but she had changed so many passwords she could not pick out the right one for anything.
  If it was a windows program, I think they could have done a "system restore" to about 5 or 6 months ago, and it would be fine.  I don't know anything about Apple units except that they are very expensive.
I did talk to Karen this evening.  She will bring a catered St. Patrick's Day dinner to my house on Friday.  She is so paranoid about corruption from emails that she has eliminated her email account at Hotmail and started a new one at Gmail.  So she never got the class picture I sent her where I was bragging how my dark hair color was holding up compared to the rest of my male classmates.
My grand daughters both tell me Apple computers are reliable trouble free devices.  Karen don't think so.  Me neither.  I have Joan's Mini-Ipad which only worked once or twice, because both our granddaughters "helped" her get started.  Then went back to school.  It never worked again.  All it would do is try to sell us some form of music.
Good report on Tweety and Sweets. Thanks, Cal.
Neva, the conversion will start with a BULLDOZER!  A complete new building will be put there. It will about 31000 square feet, and maybe two stories., It will have many nice features that were discussed last night.  Like lots of glass walls so people can see what is doing on inside, and feel welcome to enter.
Good Night now my friends. GBU
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 10:06:50 PM by johoward »