Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1122197 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27540 on: October 23, 2023, 04:28:37 PM »

Dog on Sand ...  16:41    88°  (1:46 pm)   Sunny, many clouds to the east.  Windy.

I hope all is going well in your day so far.

Cal    Yes, thank goodness for some better temps for the mules in Queen Valley.  Your Indy sure has it good, and I'm glad that he does.  When if comes to the heat we do get in the summer, I find myself wondering how the birds, or other small animals can take it.  When do you get a Crown on that tooth? 

Joho    How many games do you manage to watch?  I notice there are a ton of them each weekend.   Yes, I heard that some Arizona team lost their game.   I  shall have to go give them a good talking to - a real pep talk.  lol!  when I figure out who they are. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 04:03:27 AM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27541 on: October 24, 2023, 04:53:24 AM »

Lucky, Holly, a Fox, and Falling Leaves - UPDATE October 23, 2023

Bear visitor to WRI
Lucky looks like he is there to stay in Den 1 with Holly. He’s trying to rake more bedding in and is showing no intention to go elsewhere.

(Note...editor made a video after Dr. Rogers sent this update. Lucky crawled back in the den with Holly but soon came back out.) Here is the link: https://youtu.be/ZGmmUgh0up8 or watch it here:

At the WRI, after a day of no bears day or night, a nice bear came yesterday (top) that we are trying to determine if it is 3-year-old Fletcher from Jewel or 2-year-old Arnie from Lucy. The pictures we have don’t quite let us decide, but either way we are glad he survived the hunting season.

Red fox
Red fox
 Raccoon
Raccoon
  Wolf
Wolf
A blurry wolf was caught on camera. Raccoons have been coming, and so has the red fox. The fox shows a tiny limp at times, making us believe this is the limpy fox from last year doing fine.

Big-toothed aspen over red maple
Big-toothed aspen over red maple
 Big-toothed aspen leaf
Big-toothed aspen leaf
Leaves were mostly brilliant yesterday but with enough wind to have the big-toothed aspen leaves begin covering the red maple leaves that fell earlier this month. Quaking aspen and birch leaves will soon follow. We’ll see if any color is left on the trees on Friday when snow is forecast.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27542 on: October 24, 2023, 05:09:47 AM »

hi you guys its 66 here 35 in ice 58 in kviv and 68 in the barn update great pics snow coming there friday wolf pictures pretty cool lucky and holly will be together all winter i dunno.mr kitty up going to his litter box he still growls getting up but i do that too.

hi neva your az cardinals use to be st louis mo cards moved to the desert many years ago. yes you go give them a pep talk. i go get my crown tomorrow morning at ten. i hope jim is right once that is on no more pain in the temp. comes and goes last night it left i went to sleep so far it has not came back but i did not use my mouthwash this morning i will then whimper and then it will be okay. i got to pick up groceries in bit that uaw faine shut down another plant big dodge ram truck one i read some are worried if he knows when to quit realize not get everything you want i dont know how animals take the intense heat or cold my little birds that i feed outside got heated water for them tons of food let my heavy bushes over grow like a jungle going out the side garage door got a teepee made in the corner there where house and my bathroom wall goes out. smokie parked there walk down sidewalk smokie turn to head to the barn so they got a pretty good wind break and i got tons of them there i can see them from my bathroom window.

hi joho i think you have temps in the 40's

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/57055D5CBCB9?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27543 on: October 24, 2023, 06:38:51 AM »

Neva, it was the Cardinals.  They lost to the Seahawks on Sunday 20 to 10.  They need your help.
Cal and I will root for them , but only if they are not playing the Chiefs or the Browns. LOL  Then you are on your own.

johoward

« Reply #27544 on: October 24, 2023, 07:05:50 AM »

7:24 Too slow.
 Neva, by channel surfing, I watch three games at the same time on Sat. Then again on Sun. I also pop in on the golf channel a few times through the afternoon. Also I have been following the two Texas baseball teams vying to get into the World Series.  Last night for example I saw game seven of the playoffs where the Texas Rangers beat the Houston Astros 11 to 4 and eliminated them.  It was an exciting series.
 As you might guess, I do not always know which game I am seeing, and who is my favorite in that game.  LOL
 I do not bet on any sports, and no-one is here to see my confusion.  So it is OK.  Also, I fall asleep from time to time and lose track.  When I awake and it is a different game all together I get disoriented for a while. As you can imagine.
I do miss a lot of scoring by channel surfing, but it is ok.  I can google the scores later and kind of catch up.
GTG CUL EV1 GBU, GB Israel, and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27545 on: October 24, 2023, 04:22:43 PM »

Elephants Walking ...  34:11     78°  (1:29 pm)  We are having a rainy day, we even had a few minutes of hail.   ⛈️☔⛈️⛈️  😊

I do hope that your day is going well, everyone.

Cal    I knew about the Cardinals when they were in Mo, but I didn't know that they came here.  I imagine they're in the Phoenix area.  (I can just imagine me trying to give them a pep talk.  lol!)   

Joho     While I was noticing how many football games were listed, I found a baseball game and I tuned in, just to hear it.  That was my childhood, baseball games playing in the background.  I actually like that.  I don't have to watch it.  How funny is that?
My style of game watching would probably be something like yours - channel surfing - but the difference being that at least you know what you are seeing; what is going on. 

The Diamond Backs are going to the World Series!!!!   
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 12:09:00 AM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27546 on: October 25, 2023, 05:01:42 AM »

Lucky, Holly, Leaves Falling, and a Meeting - UPDATE October 24, 2023

Birch leaves falling
Contrary to what I wrote before, I believe it is still iffy whether Lucky is going to den with Holly or not. He was in with her. She made a quick movement with a hind foot, and he moved outside. Is this den too small for the two of them to use comfortably despite what seemed to be contented efforts to share it? We can only wait and see.

Today, gusts of wind released showers of birch leaves.

An unusual meeting today was brainstorming how the Ministry of Education of a Central American country could intensify student interest in wildlife. The meeting here at the WRI was with the brother of that country’s President and with an old friend who is that nation’s Executive Director under the President. As part of that, they are interested in creating a Wildlife Center similar to the Bear Center that we’ll visit tomorrow. Their knowledge of the world and its problems and needs was impressive as well as their desire to share the importance of conserving their country’s wildlife.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Cente

calhound

« Reply #27547 on: October 25, 2023, 05:23:28 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here raining 46 in ice 48 in kviv and 66 in the barn how cool on meeting at bear center. even cooler them wanting to preserve wildlife!

hi neva your cards are in glendale az  State Farm Stadium
Located in Glendale, Arizona, State Farm Stadium is a premier multipurpose facility that is home to the Arizona Cardinals of the NFL. With a retractable roof and natural grass playing surface, the stadium has a seating capacity of 63,400 says it is west of phoenix. i have the tv on all day but it is just background noise really. look at it in the living room coming and going thru the day. yay diamond backs! i use to listen to the ball games when i was a kid when i went over to my grannys and papas house. my papa listened to them on the radio.  when i was married the first time we all us his family to royal stadium watched the games that was so much fun. i will root for the diamond backs! you listen to the games maybe take a peek too.  :) i go get my crown this morning i hope it ends this temp pain have to leave even earlier cause of rain. i will be soaking wet by the time i get myself in there.

hi joho! you got that right we love neva and will root for her team but only if not playing brownies or chiefs! i did not get see any college football last weekend i try to see some here and there. someone took a baseball bat to our mailbox night before last. make me so mad it was my sister susies a nice big one too like i cant have anything that was hers jim fixed it back up and going to have john make a steel cage for it. i told tatum walmart groceries load girl she said they put up steel post on side of theirs and their neighbor hollowed out and engine block set his mailbox in there how cool was that. there is one on the highway to excelsior it is a cactus and mail sets in it and steel arms of cactus on either side of mailbox its pretty cool too.  too bad they cant find something else to do with their time.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0A055D536A35?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #27548 on: October 25, 2023, 06:07:24 AM »

6:08  I am up, but not really awake this morning.  I did look in on our bears.  I saw that it is snowing in Ely. SNOWING! I feel like Lucky is out of luck with Holly. I wonder if he could still access the bunker dens.  Or did they tear them down? IYK?
Nothing to report for yesterday.  I did find a new fishing buddy who likes to catch and eat Walleye and perch. This is the peak season for perch fishing around here.  So I may have to take up fishing again.  I have a lot of fishing gear that my cousin Tammy dropped off here when she cleaned out her lake house.  Which she sold.  I intend to give it all to Nick when he has a good stable place to store it all, but not yet.
Now it is time for coffee and pills.  So CUL EV1 GBU, GB Israel, and GB Ukraine.
SNOW!

calihoula

« Reply #27550 on: October 25, 2023, 11:53:50 AM »

hi you guys just got home had dr platte numb my temp got new crown looks so nice cant feel it yet numb i asked him if his beloved three carps doing okay in his pond that has shrinked he said you will not believe this he was out of town his wife saw an eagle drag out one of his carp sob she took a picture of eagle he showed me standing along his pond i said that sob why couldnt it gone over to smithville lake instead he said he thought that too he was upset had that carp for 17 years it weighed only 4 lbs then now it was forty pounds but eagle dragged it out other carps now stay back from edge makes me sick why i quit watching eagle cam long ago love dr rogers and his bears other wildlife eat berries and stuff rest doc feeds
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27551 on: October 25, 2023, 02:02:53 PM »

Ed Kelce had nothing but nice things to say about his son Travis Kelce’s new girlfriend — and revealed the moment he realized Taylor Swift was unique.

“I’ll tell you something very special that I noticed about Taylor the first time I met her,” Ed told People in an interview published on Monday, October 23. “We're sitting in the suite, she gets up and in the front room, she gets up to go get a drink or something and she starts picking up empty bottles, cans, plates that are scattered around.”

Ed, who watches most of Travis’ Kansas City Chiefs games alongside ex-wife Donna Kelce at Arrowhead Stadium, noted that the private family suites have a tendency to get messy during big events.

“Because in the suites everybody gets stuff and you empty it down wherever you can,” he recalled to the outlet. “And I'm just thinking, I don't think she got the diva memo. She didn't get the spoiled musician. She doesn't know how to pull that off. And that really, to me, said a whole lot.”
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27552 on: October 25, 2023, 02:05:03 PM »

hi joho Snow! be cold here well first said friday now sat who knows poor lucky not so lucky with the ladies my tooth still numb

johoward

« Reply #27553 on: October 25, 2023, 03:28:08 PM »

Cal I sure hope you are more comfortable.
  Lucky not lucky. LOL
 Kelce's are lucky.  All of them! 
Poor old carp not lucky. 
I feel lucky, because of you and our friends Neva and the other bear and eagle folks.
Still warm here, but I guess it is getting ready to drop into the 30s soon.
Finally got a new "Speaker".  Mike Johnson who nobody knows, but did vote not to confirm Biden while the congress was under attack.  Great Just Great!
I will sign off now in case the numbing is replaced by something less comfortable.  GBU, Neva, Chatters, Ukraine, Isreal, and the animals in Winter.

neva

« Reply #27554 on: October 25, 2023, 03:54:33 PM »

Clown Fish ...  33:15     74°   (12:38  pm)    Sunny, a few clouds and no wind.

Cal     That was really nice what Travis' father said about Taylor.     That's good that you have that Crown in, maybe it will settle down.  I love Carp and can imagine how upset your dentist must be.  I am think of Koi fish, but have seem regular Carp in ponds back in Mass.     Glendale is a part of the Phoenix area.    Well, I will make an effort to watch some of the Series out of respect for this team, who I hear weren't having much success not so long ago.  I like their team's name   Diamond Backs - so appropriate for Arizona.

Joho       I hope you are having a good day.  It sounds like a stay at home day. 
(J.W. Stephens)