Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1122324 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27525 on: October 20, 2023, 05:01:31 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here 47 in ice 51 in kviv and 55 in the barn. my little girl possum been in the barn every morning when i go out looking for cookies. i throw them up to her but also have to keep giving these two raccoonies one so they will leave her alone.  i did not stay awake and watch biden last night penny just fell into a hard sleep herself brownie and cali sound asleep but not the screamer finally got her to lay next to me and go to sleep. i dont know about getting into all this middle east stuff my dad use to say we should not but got to help i would hope if and when its us we would get all this help back. all them lives that will keep on being lost. all the rotten thugs out there.

hi joho you are like mr kitty he still hurts some so he does not like to get up but if i leave the door open sweetness runs out and mr kitty walking real gingerly walks out too. we put him back on towel and drag him back in here but he does get up in here when i am sitting here he gets up and lays overs by me. he just ate and now is cleaning himself up vet said nothing broke and he is a cat any pain at all he will baby it. when he had that pain shot he was really moving on so i know vet is right nothing broke. wish i would of seen porky always on the go i am. hope debbie is doing better

hi neva

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BE055D552D4D?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27526 on: October 20, 2023, 11:59:42 AM »

4:34 I liked doing this.  I got a good response from my mouse.  Pieces moved easily.
Got mailer offering a good low price on my home insurance.  So I am trying to see if it is really a good deal or just a bait and switch.  Having a lot of trouble sending texts with pics attached.  plus I keep losing the new contact when I try to send the text to her.  Weird.
Will go to Grafton VFW or Legion for Friday fish tonight.  Deb does not want to go.  She will rest.  So I don't know if I will go or not.
 Maybe I will ask a neighbor to go.
Now I need to go get my mail from around the block.
CUL EV 1 GBU, GB Israel, and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #27527 on: October 20, 2023, 12:19:04 PM »

hi joho i went to mow early this morning i mowed in front of the  barn and around indys hitching post went into the dogs yard went around fence but trying to go up the hill on the far side had great problems when i finally got up i stopped by dogs ramp and back tire flat i mean so flat sides of tire caving in and i saw i ran over a nail the head of it i could see still in the tire jims went to his dad and then to strouds to eat with other ford guys so i had to leave it in the dogs yard. dogs having a fit over it when they went outside. i hope he can fix it i got our car insurance bill big one too but for 4 autos 2 cars two trucks but still next be  huge house bill and then taxes on top of that. may have to get cheaper cat food  cheaper indys treat indy says say what? i am happy not going to cas for christmas going to my niece jeanne but not ca. no stress of gift giving there anymore  i know if i would find a cheaper place for insurance it would just go up. they were way cheaper when we switch over years ago use to have shelter and man really high, now country financial
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27528 on: October 21, 2023, 04:14:25 AM »

A Vigorous Kentucky Bear and an Unusual Couple - UPDATE October 20, 2023

Tasha marking
Three days ago, "Taught" caught two videos of Tasha showing her Kentucky vigor at a time when northern Minnesota bears are slowing down. It was a joy to see Tasha energetically marking trees as if to say this is my home and I want to own it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtPkLx3qCSc, and to see her splashing in the water with the same enthusiasm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFkUacBkK5c.

At the same time, and still today, Lucky and Holly are showing us something I’ve never seen or heard of in the wild—a male and female choosing to den together. I’ve seen bears that had mated with each other comfortably sharing food long after the mating period, showing that they continued to share feelings to some extent. It seems Lucky and Holly are extending that a little further. Still learning.

Lucky and Holly
Lucky and Holly on 10/12/23

To see an example, this video from "Taught" is from 10/12 and will begin at the moment they squeeze in together: https://youtu.be/TFLLvt7ZQNM?t=219. You can watch them live here: https://bear.org/bear-pen-1-cam/

I thank the mods for keeping us up on the bears’ activities at this unusual time of learning and thank you all for all you do.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Cente

calhound

« Reply #27529 on: October 21, 2023, 04:31:19 AM »

hi you guys its 53 here 45 in ice 51 in kviv and 58 in the barn i got up an hour earlier lucky and holly so cute in their den. still time for them to change their minds. i went to town on thursday to the bank gas station looked did not see any tv's poor dead animal on little highway crows on it yesterday when i let the dogs out later in the day i saw a tv fly past over the yard there. it was flying from the north heading to the south. i think maybe last of scouts team heading out. i did not see it come back but will look today. jim got my mower tire fixed he put a patch on it and i finished mowing tire is still up i looked when i went out earlier mower in the garage. my emission light is on in my car i think from a dirty air filter i will get a new one at walmart next week when i get groceries. had to google where it is and i will have to remove four bolts lift cover off to get to it. my temp filling on my tooth bothering me i have to orajel it let it simmer down. maybe he should of done a root canal on it first. its okay now.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/30055D5AE59E?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27530 on: October 21, 2023, 06:16:14 AM »

6:07  Went out to a new VFW for fish last night.  What an adventure that was.  Was letting Tom Tom guide me there. Got really lost in a very dark wet back country road.  When Tom Tom says "you have reached your destination" I looked around fervently for some sign of civilization.  There was none.  The road, Poorman Road, came to a dead end. Turns out Tom Tom was using an old map that has not been accurate since before the Ohio Turnpike was built.  I was South of the turnpike and the new VFW is North of the turnpike just a little.  Was a very Holloweenie type of trip.
Finally through the foggy windshield i saw lots of cars parked just off the pavement in front of a Roadhouse looking place. I had found it.  What a relief.  This place is in Axtel, Ohio which is as far from Vermilion as you can get.  Vermilion is city and Axtel is very country. I think they are like hiding from the sheriff.  It felt like a speakeasy kind of place.  Nice and bright and new, but with lots of gambling machines.  Fish was good.  Getting lost on the rural back roads on a dreary wet night added to the experience. I got to bed early for me, and got up rested at 6 this morning. 
Thanks Cal for the early update and puzzle.
Having trouble using my phone on Consumer Cellular.  It won't let me add new contacts and send them texts with pictures. It won't let me send pictures to old contacts either. It is really acting odd.  Keeps saying, "too many texts waiting to be sent ".  I think it is my phone at fault, because it did this last week too way before I switched to CC from Verizon.
 Now I will go get some coffee and start my day.
CUL EV1 GBU, GB Israel, and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27531 on: October 21, 2023, 06:37:09 PM »

Horse ...  30:10     97°  (4:13  pm)    Sunny w/ thin gauzy clouds to the east.  Light breeze.

I hope that all has gone well for you so far, today.

Cal    That is interesting about Lucky and Holly denning together.  It must be that they feel safe with each other and feel like they are family.  Also, the body heat in the den is doubled, which is good.  Does anyone know if these two bears have been neutered and spayed.  I imagine if Holly were capable in having cubs, she would not want to share a den with a male.  Just wondering.

Joho    Your trip to that fish dinner was scary.  I would be a tad freaked out.   I'm glad that you found a good fish dinner at the end of this adventure,
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27532 on: October 21, 2023, 10:56:19 PM »

Yes Neva The trip was very tense, but did end well and was worth the anxiety.  I learned a lot about that area that I was never aware existed.  I mean "Poorman's Road" in Axtel!  Who knew?  BTW the origin of Poorman's Road" is not known.
  Lucky has been castrated, because he was too aggressive with Ted.  Lucky still makes moves on Holly when she is in estrus, and she tolerates his advances.
Going to watch Sat. Night Live now.  So I will say good night and GBU EV1.

calhound

« Reply #27533 on: October 22, 2023, 05:03:22 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here 40 in ice 51 in kviv and 55 in the barn

hi joho being lost an alone is very scary! and at night and poor weather conditions good not snowing and ice all over course if that was the case you should be home. i got lost coming back from walmart all the highway construction and having to wait for 20 min to get to move following pilot truck i took long way home but construction there too and detour and finally where the hell am i but i watched my compass and went north to east found my highway again. when i was little never failed i would wander away from mom in store get to service counter over loud speak we have a lost little girl nothing like seeing your mom i tell you that. at vans supermarket they had a booth with woody wood pecker cartoons and i love those cartoons mom drop me there and i would still be there now a days cant even do that.

hi neva yes lucky got fixed being mean to ted so take that lucky bear. no one be mean to ted. our local weather saying get your outside stuff done today every day  next week temp will drop and may get lots of rain halloweenie it will be high of 32 down to 17 about time too. i saw on weather channel said phoenix will be alot cooler next week too no more 100 days about time for that too. lucky denning with holly i remember last time she bossed him around in there pretty good too. i am sure he was counting the days till spring. but your right be warmer with two.

hi alice

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A9055D581176?z=0

neva

« Reply #27534 on: October 22, 2023, 04:47:40 PM »

Draft Horse ...  28:29     91°  (1:28 pm)   Clear and sunny; no wind, yet.  Well, this week is supposed to bring us cooler temps and even the chance of rain towards the middle of the week.  I hope so.

I hope all is going well so far, today, for all of you.

Cal    Yes, couldn't have anyone being mean to Ted.  Got to mellow Lucky out.     I guess he is now mellow enough not to mind sharing a room.       

Joho     One could imagine a story for Poorman's Road.  Maybe in the 1800s there was a Poorhouse, or Debtor's Prison somewhere down the end of that Road.  Who knows?  ---  maybe a cemetary for the poor?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 05:00:11 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27535 on: October 22, 2023, 05:32:27 PM »

hi neva in my room chiefs on winning right now taylor is there kelce git touch down lots of play announcer showing his plays when she is there and when she was not he is playing better with her there. when he got td he looked in stands at her made a heart with his hands my tooth oh like raw nerve using mouth wash omg drinking cold milk omg i drink warm diet dr pepper so its good jim said his did same thing dr platte said once crown is on that will stop he said it did but i think give me a shot first numb this thing before you work on it. i like your thoughts on poormans road

hi joho go chiefs! did brownies play today?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27536 on: October 22, 2023, 08:17:23 PM »

Browns and Chiefs won today. YAY!

calhound

« Reply #27537 on: October 23, 2023, 05:17:56 AM »

hi you guys its 58 here 31 in ice 61 in kviv and 60 in the barn up to over 80 today so weather lady was wrong katy horner wrong summer just dont want to leave i said it would halloweenie before it got cold told penny that so hoping at least it does then. get her off the pred get rid of flies etc. get people off motorcycles still hear about lots of wrecks with them and it is usually pretty bad for the motorcycles people.

hi joho yay brownies and chiefs both won!! but nevas cards lost to seahawks darn

hi neva i saw it is 68 there for you pretty nice  it is 73 in queen valley nicer for that mule ranch them poor mules i know indy likes his ac barn he likes it sprayed for flies in there i do spray him when he goes out but sweat just takes it off so an hour and half is all he wants to be outside. he is also afraid he might miss something in the barn.  :)  how is that new great grand doing?

i saw trump got fined 5 grand for his mouth and warned about jail time next time. he wants a trial and really like they said on the radio he should get it.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C5055D54F878?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27538 on: October 23, 2023, 09:34:43 AM »

5:16 Wow! Cold here this morning.  I am so grateful for my furnace keeping me warm.  Almost 10:30 and still it is only 42 degrees out there.  Even with the bright sunshine.  I have all the blinds open trying to let in as much heat from the windows as I can get.  I have a lot of glass facing the East.
Nothing except football to talk about for yesterday.  Sorry Neva, but Yay Cal and me. Poor Debbie, my solid browns fanatic, fell asleep and missed some of the excitement in the Brown's game.  Mostly I mean Myles Garrett defensive plays.  He did the impossible.  As did Mahomes and the rest of the Chiefs.  Especially Kelce.
I watched so much football Sat. and Sun. I cant keep the games separate in my memory. LOL. Oh, I do recall that Ohio State did win and Michigan embarrassed Michigan State.  I think.  Also, Notre Dame had the day off.
Well I batter go get the mail.  Maybe there will be some bills to pay.  Yehaa!
CUL EV1 GBU, GB Israel, and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27539 on: October 23, 2023, 10:56:52 AM »

hi joho getting ready to break and order groceries for tomorrow morning seven am pick up i wish i would of seen some of the brownies but i was lucky to see some chiefs play and at arrowhead missed natl home of the CHIEFS saw it last game at home recorded that game so watched it many times gospel singer sang it  i was happy chiefs brought back mecole hardman and he played great! chris jones defense awesome got big tackle showed little boy chiefs fan after jones made play kid pumping up his arm game just fun to watch and swift too thank you directv for being able to record stuff!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day