Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1122325 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27510 on: October 17, 2023, 04:45:45 AM »

Confused? - UPDATE October 16, 2023

Red fox
Lucky looked content with Holly in her den a few days ago, but then he showed he wasn’t quite ready to settle down. He tried Den 2, he foraged on clover, he revisited Holly, but overall he left us confused about what he wants to do. His genes are from Wisconsin where bears den later than northeastern Minnesota bears usually do. Holly is from Arkansas but probably has northeastern Minnesota genes or even Manitoba genes from transfers done back in the 1960’s. She seems more ready to settle. Will Lucky rejoin her? Is there truly room for two in Den 1? We’ll see what he decides.

Sharon Herrell posted Bear News about Lucky with more good pictures. https://bear.org/bear-news-october-14-2023/ Thank you, Sharon.

Dark-eyed junco female
Dark-eyed junco female
Out the window, the few continuing bear visits are in the dark of night—the mom with two small cubs and a couple others. At another diversionary feeding location, two mothers with cubs are still coming at night.

The red fox that visits here also visits a diversionary feeding site a half mile away where he (we’re told he is a male) should be relatively safe traveling back and forth.

A female dark-eyed junco of the slate-colored variety that lives mostly far north of here sat outside my window long enough and close enough that I had to click the camera and wish her a good flight south.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Cente
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27511 on: October 17, 2023, 05:00:35 AM »

hi you guys its 39 here i got to pick up groceries soon 44 in ice 43 in kviv and 51 in the barn furnace i turned on in there yesterday when i got done for the day. set at 51  hope lucky finds a den might be good to get his own i forgot to say bear murdering season was over the 15th of oct so yay to that i saw on the world news earlier a bear breaking in a home stealing some food https://youtu.be/74K1W4H6cBo

hi joho i got my old printer too and it still works and i can still get cartridges for it at walmart i bought a new computer i think last year and a printer with it but both still in the boxes. i need to set that up on my other desk in here cause will take awhile like weeks to do all that. then start going back and forth that is what i did with this one. why cant stuff just last forever

hi neva you might have some luck looking on ebay for that getting a new one is good idea and wow 101 for you our weather is turning warmer later this week. i told maybe to stay in the barn when i got done for my last time yesterday around 4:30 pm then i come in and do all the cats inside i went out and was getting ready to food out for this gray cat that comes by and toss more cookies out with the dry dog food and there she was went right out the hidey hole so i picked her up brought into the garage. she told my boys off in there and they ran for the laundry room door.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/4C055D5B21D8

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27512 on: October 17, 2023, 08:56:31 AM »

7:57 Too much red for me.  LOL  Good morning. Cool cloudy 49 degrees here at 9:47.
Printers are really an evil way to sell lots of expensive cartridges and as little ink as possible.  My Epson costs me $60 for ink that lasts about a month.  Then starts telling me I am, "running low, do I want to buy ink?".  Do not get an Epson.  Do not get a HP.  I liked my Dell the best, and actually wore it out, but have not seen one lately.
 I got up a little late.  Seems I sleep better when it is cool out. Can't stay long.  Need to take pills and coffee soon.  CUL EV1 GBU, GB Israel, and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27513 on: October 17, 2023, 07:09:47 PM »

Red Plant Sea ...  54:49     91°  (3:36 pm)    Sunny w/ heavy clouds to the east.  We had a heavy rainstorm, for about a half hour around mid-day.   

Cal     Thanks for the video of the bear that likes Italian food.  Me too.   🥰        Maybe does things her own way, doesn't she?

Joho     No, I will not get another HP, this is the second one that has given me problems with cartridges, and as you say, which are not cheap.   My Laptop is an HP and I'm doing okay with that.  (The thing about the Ink Cartridges is the printer can detect whether you are using their Brand of cartridge and ink or not, and if you aren't, your not going to be able to use the printer.) That has been my experience.  I even bought refilled HP cartridges that had a good, but less expensive ink put in them, and they still didn't work.  The printer tells me that the cartridge isn't in the machine when it is.  It's possible that others are able to use the generic ink and cartridges,  but I don't seem to be able to.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 07:31:33 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27514 on: October 18, 2023, 05:01:02 AM »

Lucky, Holly, the Fox, and Color - UPDATE October 17, 2023

Lucky
 Lucky and Holly
Lucky and Holly
 Holly
Holly
The big word this morning was that Lucky was back in their den with Holly close and content like they were on the 13th. Spencer got a picture of them there. Sharon got the picture of Holly outside with the air temperature so close to freezing that it each exhale a cloud. I got there in time to see Lucky lying in the entrance of the den making clouds of his own. I’m told Tasha was in the pond on this chilly day. Bears showing us how bears can be bears.

Tamaracks
Tamaracks

On the way back to the WRI on this blue sky day, colors were gorgeous—different shades of yellow leaves that will be falling fast with the first wind. The most astounding yellows were on the tamaracks which are the last leaves to turn color. The morning sun was just right to make them shine.

Red fox burying meat
Red fox burying meat
 Red fox coming up steps
Up the steps
 Red fox leaving
Red fox leaving
The day ended with the red fox coming up the steps for his bits of bologna. He ate the first several pieces, buried the next couple pieces, and carried the last piece up the driveway, presumably to make his rounds. Always nice to see him and his unusually bushy tail with only a little white at the tip as his easy identifiers.

Now, at 7 PM, the mystery of Lucky and Holly continues. They are out of the den, out of the pen, and just now I saw Holly walk past the gate outside, followed by Lucky. I don’t know where they are headed. We’ll see what they do tomorrow.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27515 on: October 18, 2023, 05:18:36 AM »

hi you guys its 50 here 50 in ice 51 in kviv adventures of holly and lucky is a fun read. docs little fox sure is pretty. so nice for them to have a safe place to go have food i think that here too when i put out food for everyone every single day and before i come in for the night. food water and they can go in the climate control barn too got a hidey on the back side nice to see them all get along if only the world could do that.

hi joho my printer is a HP deskjet F2210 had it for years it plugs into my dell computer love it. get my ink from walmart all ink is expensive i think and i can write mine off business expense. chiefs playing sunday afternoon chargers playing at arrowhead.

hi neva maybe does do it her way now last night i told her stay in the barn she went and got back on her bed way up in the hay and she was sleeping there when i went in this morning. if she comes out then garage it is. i bought hanging bird feeder tray and a water tray hung them up in the barn put them over a duct in indys area but over where he cant get behind those gates i pushed back long ago after soda was gone so pearl would have the whole area to her.  i watched the news and saw biden going may be there now isreal saw children crying saw stuff that should not be i do not understand why cant get along why is that more trouble than this. and if jesus is coming back well jesus get on back!

i believe scout and them left for the winter

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1C055D5CEF00?z=0

gb i mean seriously gb ukraine isreal and others over there animals and all of us

calihoula

« Reply #27516 on: October 18, 2023, 09:49:10 AM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27517 on: October 18, 2023, 10:01:09 AM »

7:47 Hi Y"all.  Cool and grey today so far. Well Deb and I went to the county board to early vote last night. As we went toward the door a candidate stopped us to make his pitch for our votes.  We did not know him at all.  We saw him again on our way out after voting.  I told him we could not vote for him, because we knew nothing about him, and his opponent was the son of my Godfather.
 Then back to her house to talk a while.  I asked her to come over and try some of my fresh chili.  She said she wanted to test eat some Marco's pizza.  Seems it is her all time favorite dinner, but has been somehow disagreeing with her lately.  So we got a nice 4 topping pizza.  She ate a lot, and I did not see any bad effects.  So I hope her problem is over.  I will ask today how she is feeling.
  She has a Dr. appointment today at 3:15 to start looking into some digestive problems she has had for over a year, and I just heard about yesterday.  I am worried.  We did not discuss symptoms. She has had low appetite, and has been extra tired for quite a while.  I could hear her stomach growling.  I am praying to God she has nothing serious.  Little Bash, and Mary, and I need her to be well.
Not to mention the shelter dogs and the rest of our family.  I am scared for her. 
I will call her now.  So CUL EV1.  GBU, GB Israel and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #27518 on: October 18, 2023, 04:12:36 PM »

European Robin ...  22:41     95°  (1:24  pm)   Sunny and a slight breeze.

I hope that all is well with you.

Cal   Do you know where Scout & family fly to for the winter?  Also, I love the Halloween photo.  Trespassers Beware!

Joho    Debbie is in my prayers.     We will be dropping our ballots off tomorrow.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27519 on: October 18, 2023, 05:53:37 PM »

hi neva in my room watching david muir world news biden on hope he can help ease the situation he has gotten egypt to let aid go in thats good saw earlier putin china bbf all the bad all over erodon still not letting sweden join nato cant just kick turkey out hope ww3 not on the horizon but seems like good against bad for the whole world scout goes to lake of ozarks i believe jim long time childhood friend mark lives down there i have been there and bagnell dam has tons off like little coves in it and this time of year turkey vultures arrived by tons its on down south about 200 miles news showing that creep who killed natalee holloway he is sorry not same person now her dad right evil such a sad world yes holloweenie photo pretty cool! i think i seen enough news hello hgtv house hunters oh neva i cant do a certain kind of ballot not in missouri i can have someone there bring me out a ballot to my car or i can ask to go vote at my old place since im disable

hi joho oh i pray debbie will be okay! yes so many love need her! god please keep her safe let us know joho
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #27520 on: October 19, 2023, 04:53:59 AM »

hi you guys is 54 here 50 in ice 53 in kviv and 60 in the barn

hi joho how is debbie?

hi neva

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/35055D5B3A57?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27521 on: October 19, 2023, 08:40:02 AM »

Hey!  Good morning. Debbie does have something wrong, but not sure what yet.  Looks like maybe a porky pine on Snowman cam now.

johoward

« Reply #27522 on: October 19, 2023, 08:46:13 AM »

And now a flock of turkeys are coming in.  They will jump onto table.  Maybe it will make Porky move for confirmation.' CUL

johoward

« Reply #27523 on: October 19, 2023, 09:06:57 AM »

porky is leaving

johoward

« Reply #27524 on: October 19, 2023, 09:47:31 AM »

4:15 Very good for me. YAY!
Need to take a walk around the block to get my mail now. Lorrie and Denise, our mail spy, say it is in the box.  Walking is good for me they say, but it hurts when I do it.  Usually when something hurts I don't do it. LOL  Everything except a bluejay is gone from Snow now.  I will look at other cams after I get back from mail walk.  CUL EV1
GBU, GB Israel, and GB Ukraine.