Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1125877 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27120 on: July 25, 2023, 07:17:36 AM »

8:10 on the church.
Hi again EV1. Yes Cal, Yay Chic-filet for honoring God, but also for efficiency in serving and good tasting food.  They have it all.  I don't know their prices, but it would not surprise me to learn you could get a lunch for less than $20 like it is everywhere else.
Yesterday was a wonderful day for me and I think for Mary too. We met with Billie at 11 and resolved most of Mary's home video viewing problems.  She still needs to get Comcast to fix her remote.  It is not properly synched to her equipment and will not change the volume, etc.  She has both a DVD/ VHS player and a Blue Ray device.  The blue ray worked well but the VHS which she wants to use to view older family videos is still inoperative. We were able to play Doc's two main DVDs.  I like watching these.  I learn more each time.  Mary was impressed with Doc. and now understands why I am so dedicated to the NABC, Jewel, and Bear.org. 
We enjoyed both of the Bear videos.  Then Mary used her favorite rock to reheat some delicious pizza for lunch.  After lunch she felt like napping and I was going to head home, but instead we hit the couch on her favorite place , her patio.  I never left.  Towards evening we went deer viewing.  We saw quite a few and they were pretty close too.  So beautiful and elegant. Finally we wound up at the lake shore and stayed ubtil the sun went all the way down.  It was so peaceful and comfortable on the pier.  We watched the fisherman and women and saw the boats coming into the ramp.  It is one of the most pleasant places to be on a late Summer evening I have ever found.  Sharing it with Mary and her two favorite girls  was great.  Her girls got a lot of attention,  She is justifiably proud of them. 
I am blessed. This was one of my very best days in a long time.
TYG!  Hope you are as well today.  Take care EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #27121 on: July 25, 2023, 08:17:25 AM »

On Pond Cam I just saw the woodchuck take a larger mouthful of long grass into her den under that Black Rock above the Rock Den.  I wonder if she is going to have another litter?  I heard they often have more than one litter per season.

calihoula

« Reply #27122 on: July 25, 2023, 08:36:04 AM »

hi joho unless chickfila has vegan food i doubt i ever eat there and not one around here either have to go to the city and i dont like to do that. jim probably ate there. niece jeanne might have. did you go home last night? i mowed the dogs yard earlier it was still cool no sun out i had stuff too do but just settled in mowing it needed to be mowed. clouds puffy then blue sky in the east pink sky cause that sun was heading up saw my barn swallows they got a third litter lol litter going so do ones on front porch. i did litter boxes saw one i missed thought maybe its okay no of course its not my nickname should be litter box but mowing i saw no planes  and got done tied up dogs gate out that big framed screen against their gate tied it up keep little rabbits raccoonies whatever out of the dogs yard dogs sleeping in kitchen here .

hi neva i was hurrying getting mowing and stuff done beat that sun coming up like a vampire wish you would get cooler weather with mule mans place would too. poor mules.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27123 on: July 25, 2023, 12:00:47 PM »

street art
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27124 on: July 25, 2023, 05:14:32 PM »

Bavaria ...  31:46     113°  (3:10 pm)    Sunny w/ some clouds.  Light breeze, may pick up later.

I do hope that all that stop by here are having a reasonably good day.

Hi Cal     I do like the drawing/Mural on the wall.  When I was going to my various art classes, I volunteered to do a Mural with a couple of other students, and we had a great time of it.  A few years later, the organization that we did it for, moved to another location and the new people coming in, painted over our work.  At least we did it and it existed for a time.  There are a lot of really fine murals in this town and a very active art community.

Hi Joho     That sounded like a wonderful day and for Mary too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:17:16 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27125 on: July 26, 2023, 05:06:27 AM »

hi you guys its 87 here hot and humid 57 rain in ice 81 rain in kviv and 74 ac running in the barn. i am so happy i mowed yesterday and i would think after this week of this extreme heat grass will not grow

hi neva i would love to see your mural you guys did! what fun doing that when i was in junior high i was on the art committee and we did the stuff for school dances that was alot of fun. i sure did like school. i know your town is rich in art. i saw on the weather channel not sure what time but it said rain in 12 minutes i thought oh good for neva then later on i woke up and said no rain for at least next 60 minutes so hope you got a little rain.

hi joho did you get your furnace filter?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B4055D5CA01A?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27126 on: July 26, 2023, 07:12:32 AM »

I did not see Mary yesterday.   She was busy.  I don't know when I will next see her.
Cal, Cal, Of course I went home, and always will.    When we "hit the couch" on her patio it was to rest and enjoy the parade of animals living in her back yard.  It is her sanctuary and is quite peaceful and beautiful. She likes to share her favorite place with her friends and neighbors, and now even with me.  I am honored.
Mary is not, and will never be, THAT kind of girl. She has very high morals and is very religious, without being fanatical.  I think of her as almost saintly in her personal beliefs and behavior.  That is why I feel about her the way I do.
  She will some day read this, and she is uncomfortable with what she calls the "L" word.  She does not use the "L" word  as casually as so many do these days.  Neither do I.  I hope she still likes me after reading this.
No, I did not get my filter yet.  Maybe today, after my little hernia doctor visit at 11:15 am.
Hi Neva, whom I love as I love Cal because of their honest and sincere love of animals. Especially Eagles, Vultures, Perigrine Falcons and Bears. I hope for you some rain that actually hits the ground.  My Debbie would gladly share some of the rain water in Shannon's basement with you. LOL
 I will now go see the MO Vultures, but first I will say CUL EV1. GBU and GB Ukraine.  Will do the puzzle later.

johoward

« Reply #27127 on: July 26, 2023, 08:12:38 AM »

Finally did the puzzle. Thanks Cal for being here every day. Took me a while.  Was 6:30.
Chic-filet has excellent  Mac and cheese and salads.  They really are a good place. Hope you get to enjoy them someday.  Just remember not on Sunday, because they are in church as we should all be. LOL  Also, don't be discouraged, like I was, when you see the long line of cars in the take out line.  They are remarkably efficient in moving cars through.  My little Mary once said she was thinking of opening a Chic-filet franchise.  Maybe she will one day as a side job, or as an investment.  I think it would be a good one.
New Mary is reuniting her little Maggie with a sibling, Izzie, today.  I will miss it, but I asked to see pics.  I am anxious to know their reactions to seeing each other after being apart about a month and traveling a lot.  That Maggie is almost too athletic.  She jumped clear over all the barriers Mary has used to try to contain her for training and safety.  Baby gates and Yard circles are more of a hazard than anything.  Mary will just have to be more observant than she all ready is. If that is even possible. Well Bye for and again thanks for being here.

calhound

« Reply #27128 on: July 26, 2023, 10:52:29 AM »

hi joho! i was not trying to offend anyone asking if you went home thought you might of slept on patio couch you know just fall sleep i would ask any of my friends same thing if i did that they would ask me no big deal.   i googled saint

Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
saint
noun
a person acknowledged as holy or virtuous and typically regarded as being in heaven after death.
"a place dedicated to a seventh-century saint"
INFORMAL
a very virtuous, kind, or patient person.
"she's a saint to go on living with that man"
verb
formally recognize as a saint; canonize.
"the sandy shores of the River Nid, where Holy Olaf's bones were laid to rest before he had been sainted"

still i hope if mary comes here she reads updates and stuff. i just went to the tv cam last week they were huge today i did not see them or hear them it will be just so hot today all week. hope they will be okay at least they can stand over by that open door next month joan will of been gone 3 years. aug 10th same as jims dad birthday. he will be 88. i am in my office doing ac work on the books jim been out fixing acs he is probably peoples favorite person right now. man its really hot. i was just out in the barn and its pretty nice in there still 74 four little raccoonies eating dog food i put out again and enjoying the ac and big fan i said kids where is your mom i looked back in one of the tunnels where fan is blowing she was sleeping in there fan blowing her hair. i will be afraid of next elec bill but it is what it is. money well spent. our house does better with the new big furnace . back to work
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

neva

« Reply #27129 on: July 26, 2023, 02:41:31 PM »

Tractor ...  28:15    102°  (11:25 pm)   Clear sky, sunny and a mild breeze.   

I hope all is well with all of you.

Cal    I wish I could show you the mural.  The college has the photos and a plaque with out names on it,  probably locked away in some storage room on campus.  That is great, to be involved with Junior High and High School projects and committees.  It is a great deal of fun like the Mural was for me.  My Mural was unfortunately painted over and lost, but the fun was in the planning and doing, and the friends that I worked with ... good memories.  Today, Kurt is a successful artist (ceramics) on the east coast and Michael owns a Gallery/studio. (Painter)   ... west of Arizona.  Both of them successful and happy.

Joho    Thanks - I hope for rain that hits the ground too, or even actually shows up after being forecast.  We've gotten a couple of episodes of "rain" where we got sprinkles for ten minutes and that was all, but I keep telling myself, it is better than nothing.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27130 on: July 26, 2023, 02:42:11 PM »

hi you guys just fed dogs barn chores now its 83 in the barn but jim said lot better than 106 its awful here outside at all covered in sweat jim going to mow indys upper pasture not his new pasture pasture is just so high thick jim said needs to be mowed baled he might wait till six pm i would at least sun be going down some i go out with the dogs go pee poop dogs get back in penny brownie do but cali she has to walk the whole fence come on cali! last night jim said you want the dogs to go out last time well jim im busy medicine feeding cats kittens litter boxes so sure you do it you have to go with them no letting them out then back to your bed watching tv so then he didnt think they needed out well not cali cause yep walks the fence.

hi alice  :)

johoward

« Reply #27131 on: July 26, 2023, 03:51:28 PM »

I forgot to tell you how nice it was for that lady to wash the stripes for that zebra.  I did not "get It" at first.   LOL Big Dummy!
I know Cal. The way I wrote it it looked like I stayed on the patio, but no, just a few minutes. Then we went to the lake for several hours and lots of walking in the sunset until well after dark.  It was great. Will try to send pics.
Yes Neva.  A sprinkle counts as rain where I am too.  Especially for those on a bicycle or a motorcycle.
Ok Almost five.  I need to start thinking of my evening.  Probably on my own again, but I will try to get away for a while looking for deer and nice sunset views.
I have several very nice little cherry tomatoes from my one plant garden.  Having trouble deciding who would like them most. First I will offer them to Lorrie.
Bye for now EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #27132 on: July 27, 2023, 05:41:17 AM »

hi you guys its 83 here real feel is 89 its already hot we are under like tons of others heat advisory will be i think till sat today will be 101 real feel 110 tomorrow 101 real feel 110   8)  its nice in ice 58 77 in kviv and it was 74 in the barn at 3:45 am ac just shut off but hay it was really nice and cool in there.

hi neva i slept last night did not wake up till 3 am and saw tucson on the weather channel but it was almost over so i missed it i had to get up get going. its stinking hot i know that.

hi joho! you are kinda on your own every single day you got your family jims dad is too but he too has his family he has his friends. jim talked to him yesterday was going to go by take him to get his driver license renewed but he said no today is my poker day. they play for m&ms play once a week jims sister cathy and tim clean his place every sat and stay all day his friends have movie night at someones place lots of his friends were jims mom friends who husbands passed away but he told us he would never be able to replace annie and just friends nothing more and they go in a big group men and women. he does not want to see them every day he does not think of any of them as saintly at all. some friends are new ones met at that asst living place where he has some friends that live there he went there for his hip rehab. he likes to have some days just puttering around his own place. right now his younger brother is staying with him from VA he goes back on the 31st.  i hear jim he went and mowed yesterday in hay field i was working in the barn it was up to 85 in there jim said heat index was 117 so barn did pretty good tractor got overheated this was at almost 5 pm jim came in went back out in an hour finished mowing.  i have to go to town bank get jims money bank opens at 9 am i will be there little before taking pollys car hope it does not get overheated this weather is scary too can really hurt your health if not careful.

i better get started again with chores
gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/20055D59A1FE?z=0
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 06:23:34 AM by calhound »

calhound

« Reply #27133 on: July 27, 2023, 06:40:03 AM »

hi again you guys caught a mouse had to take it out to the barn and saw on our local news what jim saw earlier yesterday it was 117 tied a record oh yay joho i was thinking if i was left by myself one thing i would do is go to town and play pitch in one of their pitch parties i use to play that and spades cards all the time with my first husband his family loved cards play till wee hours of the night course way back then had tuco but just one dog took her with us and boobie was married to his brother so she was there too and little niece jeanne maybe you have something like this by you make some friends there i bet i would go just to play cards and have some fun

hit the image to enlarge it
https://i.ibb.co/cCfVY56/pitch.jpg
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 06:41:38 AM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #27134 on: July 27, 2023, 07:19:30 AM »

5:12 nice boat, but sail boats are boring to me.  Cheap to run but still boring.  You keep up with the wind and don't have anything to sense the speed or motion.  At least on calmer water that is.  Rough water does give some action.  I like motor boats better.
Not much to share today.  I will say that Lorrie was surprised and grateful for my few little tomatoes.  Did not see Mary.  Don't know when I will.
Have to get ready now for my CT Scan.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine