Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1126345 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27030 on: July 06, 2023, 06:40:26 AM »

hi you guys its 57 in ice 78 in kyiv 70 in the barn lots of food for the bears that is so good. i am working on business stuff trying too saw oh no its thursday so got to go all the way to town to bank sometimes i really miss living close to town.

hi neva howler doing really well kittens too i saw last one we caught for a second it ran back behind the tub.  a girl got killed by some idiot shooting off gun for the fourth mayor of kc mo had asked people to not do that and if you see someone call police well at least they got the guy who did it and couple of nice big homes on fire due to fireworks. good bye 4th of july

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/74055D549FF0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

neva

« Reply #27031 on: July 06, 2023, 06:12:25 PM »

Pointer ...   23:56    110°   (3:44 pm)    Sunny and a bit of a breeze.

It's great to hear there is such an abundance of food for the bears.  I think Joho is there at the right time to see all this.

It's also good to hear that all went well with taking care of howler and her kittens.  It does sound like she has bonded with you.
I'm glad this years fireworks are, more or less, done with.  It is in the back of my mind that someone's roof or back yard may catch on fire because of these amateur fireworks being set off.

By the way --    Phoenix  115°  So glad my parents didn't decide on Phoenix.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 07:19:50 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27032 on: July 07, 2023, 04:56:08 AM »

A Great Group, Juneberries, Bears, and Red Squirrels - UPDATE July 6, 2023

Juneberry bush
Today was the last day of a Black Bear Field Study Course whose participants showed their strong hearts for bears. Rather than being disappointed that few bears were coming to diversionary feeding sites in the area, they reveled in seeing how strongly the bears preferred the unusually abundant wild foods, mainly juneberries and probably hazelnuts that are now full size and beginning to ripen. They were happy to see that the diversionary feeding that saves bears’ lives in years of scarcity does not detract them from the wild foods they prefer in years of availability.

WRI’s Mike Johnson saw a similar example of that preference with a red squirrel that repeatedly climbed the tiny branches of this small juneberry tree, grabbed a berry, and hurried down to the ground where it could hold it and eat it. When the squirrel moved on, Mike took a photo of the remaining berries. Only two ripe red berries remained in the single remaining cluster (picture) in this tree only a few feet from a pile of diversionary nuts that are hot items in other years, showing the same preference as we are seeing with the bears.

As a possible treat for the next group, we may have just seen our old friend Burt (son of Shadow and brother of Ursula). Was he just passing through? Or might he want to add a little diversity to his wild diet as he recovers from the weight loss of mating season. Burt is a favorite.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Next
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27033 on: July 07, 2023, 05:13:33 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here 58 in ice 78 in kyiv not sure on barn so many raccoonies when i go back to indy two follow and get up on my work table where under a crate is my radio and i got a wire from it up thru crate so it comes in good but those raccoons get up there mess it up takes along time to fix it so i was yelling at them scared indy  >:( i just throw cookies and get back up front will have to go back out and clean his area when some of those raccoons leave go to sleep.

such a nice update and our friend joho is one of the group!

hi neva sounds like joho had a good time and sounds like he is on his way back home today. just make it back okay joho. he will have many fun stories to tell! i still have not seen the last kitten we caught real good. eat and hide but i did see it. it is pretty happy to be in i will tell you that. i saw on the world news so hot in texas close to border forgot name of town and ukraine wanting in nato end russia war but of course nato saying afraid it will provoke putin wth no real brave ones in nato. putin loses hay i bet he will be provoke. and i saw that ocean titanic deal closed shop really did not see that coming. and i love harrison ford that man just keeps looking handsome to me and was sorry his latest indy jones movie did not do well. i have not been inside a show for years since breaking dawn part 2. be a sitting duck in there with a shooter and i cant walk and dont even want to drive all that way. but indy movie comes to hbo i will be watching it for sure. i saw so hot in phoenix it was hot in vegas too and tuscon. kittens need more cat food litter milk i got to go to walmart walk it  :(  jims dad coming home sat jim will pick him up at 11 am.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us and joho get back home safe

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BF055D519ACF?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #27034 on: July 07, 2023, 12:22:14 PM »

hi you guys walked walmart then over to,harps drove home barn etc chores heading back to barn again but listening to radio taylor swift at arrowhead tonight and tomorrow night her tickets start at 1485.00 plus fees today they have 600 left start at 991.00 tomorrow at 1150.00 crazy amt how do all them little girls get to go? for one ticket crazy no one is worth that our weatherman says thunderstorms between 6-10 pm during her concert bring rain gear
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27035 on: July 07, 2023, 04:56:42 PM »

Igloo ...   27:59     110°  (1:47 pm)   Sunny and windy.

I hope all is well with all of you.

Hi Cal ...   I like a group called The Little River band and they are coming to town.  My daughter asked me if I would like to go,  Actually no.  Their tickets aren't like Taylor Swift's but listening to the music I love, at home is good enough for me.  You are right, how do those kids come up with the money to go?  I've been to a few concerts before, but have no interest in going now.

Yes, Harrison Ford has held together pretty well.  I will be looking for this latest movie of his.

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27036 on: July 08, 2023, 06:16:30 AM »

Bentley and Blueberries - UPDATE July 7, 2023

Bentley
With blueberries ripening fast in open areas and a little slower in shaded areas, wild food that is already unusually abundant is increasing. Blueberries
Blueberries
WRI’s Mike Johnson and Lorie Kennedy sent the picture of the big plump blueberries that have resulted from recent rains. In the midst of food abundance, another bright moment was a visit from bright-faced yearling Bentley the gentle, trusting great grandson of Shadow (Shadow, RC, Bow, Bentley).

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27037 on: July 08, 2023, 06:26:23 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here raining 59 in ice and 79 in kyiv 70 in the barn bently such a cute bear and those blue berries!

hi neva i know that band too. in my younger days went to lots of concert many big names at arrowhead sometimes and they did not command the price of swift paul mccartney came once i did not go but really like him and he did not command that price. he is more worth it than swift to me. i can listen to stuff at home. i cannot wait till indy last movie gets on tv!! i read many loved it non stop action and fun like his other ones and i loved them esp last crusade sean connery as his dad was so good. man is so handsome and seems very down to earth too.

Hi joho guessing you are still on the road but be home today sometime today this evening. you get some rest too.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/22055D50AE66?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #27038 on: July 08, 2023, 12:55:57 PM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27039 on: July 08, 2023, 08:16:16 PM »

Little Train...  25:16      106°  (5:38 pm)  Sunny, a few clouds and breezy.

I hope your day has been a good one.

Hi Cal ...   That's great that you got to see some of the big names.  I've been to a few concerts and enjoyed going.  At this place in my life, couldn't do it.  Just playing the music at home.  The last concerts 2000 - 2003, I went to was three Lonestar concerts and I wasn't into Country before that.  It was fun.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27040 on: July 09, 2023, 05:24:03 AM »

Bears in Action at the Bear Center - UPDATE July 8, 2023

Lucky
Lucky
Lucky
Lucky
Lucky
Lucky
Lucky
 Holly and Tasha
Holly and Tasha
 Woodchuck
Woodchuck
After being cooped up wondering what is going on around them with machinery and people doing things they didn’t understand, the bears got out and had a look at what’s new. Lucky took a bath, checked out the fence, ate some grass, and roamed around. Holly and Tasha were together and okay. The woodchuck mother probably wondered where her privacy went with bears all around.

Moni got the pictures for us. Thank you, Moni.

And thank you all for what you do.

calhound

« Reply #27041 on: July 09, 2023, 05:42:22 AM »

hi you guys its 60 here 59 in ice 77 in kviv did not see what the barn was it was full of raccoonies. how very nice to see holly and tasha out together. really like that. nice pictures too always that.  lucky hanging out by where snacks are kept. such a handsome boy.

hi neva! i do not remember last  concert i was at but i do know it would of been with boobie and ca. long time since i have been to one and no more concerts for me either. unless on tv or radio. i like all kinds of music but now i do listen to country cause it is on the radio in the barn and only station i can get jim too in his shop. pearl liked it indy likes it when augie was sick jim played christian music on his radio in his room for him. augie liked it. but i do like country listen the Farm KMZU the hourly news i like it mostly news about round here. not the city but here. but back in my days and boobies too saw rolling stones led zepplin fleetwood mac 3 dog night stephen wolf prince jethro tall beach boys etc long time ago. best part being with boobie.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us my niece jeanne she called me last sunday and wanted to know if she could call again today i said sure so i need to get stuff done before she calls. get jim up and let indy out for a few hours. kittens are still pretty wild. i was going to pet one of them yesterday then the dogs started their howling and that took care of that. last one we finally caught it runs up on my top shelf way up high. i hope i will be able to get them in a couple of months and get them fixed i sure do not need any more animals.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BA055D54149D?z=0

neva

« Reply #27042 on: July 09, 2023, 04:00:54 PM »

Lifeguard ...  22:55    102°  (1:27 pm)   Mostly Cloudy, slight breeze.  Praying for rain.

It's hard to believe that Joho's time up in Ely has passed so quickly.  I'm pretty sure he will tell us he's had a great time.

Hi Cal ...   Wow!  You went to all the good concerts.  I love Fleetwood Mack!  I wish I had made that happen for me.  I am so glad that my daughter, Susan and her husband still go to concerts.  My youngest brother, Heston, was the concert goer in our family. 

Maybe being inside with you and their mom will help the kittens to calm down.
Yesterday, my daughter, Josette's cat died, she was almost 20 years old.  Josette rescued her and her kittens, she was so young and tiny, almost like a half grown kitten having kittens,  She was out in the cold.  Her name was Maya, and she was all black.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 04:03:31 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27043 on: July 09, 2023, 05:46:14 PM »

hi neva pray you get rain no maybe in her barn if my barn birds have kids i will move her to garage she knows it my birds fooling around big time three times they made a new nest in indys area uo on a round duct pipe it has fell down so i dont know alot of work raising babies dont need maybes help. i did see lots of great concerts back then fleetwood mac at arrowhead with other bands love stevie nicks landslide did not see gregg allman and would of really liked too. saw donovan way way back he was great too. still got some of myconcert tickets in photo album. i like your brothers name heston who named you guys cause i really like your name too like josette name im so sorry she lost her cat its so very hard. my kittens that last one we finally got wild way up high i sit on my stool i can see it thru my junk up there i saw my big rachet set thinking thats going hurt when it gets knocked down.

hi joho i chatted with marge and iowa for a little bit today

calhound

« Reply #27044 on: July 10, 2023, 06:39:41 AM »

hi you guys running late need to mow dogs yard like now tomorrow will humid hot 100 then thunderstorms right now its nice 60 57 in ice 75 in kviv 66 in the barn

hi joho happy you are back home!

hi neva! saw it was firecracking hot in az i think of that mule man and his man out in that desert  :( indy was out yesterday jim said oh he is okay well i went to see and he was hot and had flies back on him spray wore off he been out there for 3 hours. jim said i will go get him well he could not i drove gator in there had grain bowl jim had one too but indy said no dont want your grain i want moms!! jim walked to him and indy ran back to gator and me i hooked him up and jim got his lead rope and the boy went right in fast wearing his regular halter be nice one in the kitchen. got to go mow now

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B6055D5B8F4A?z=0