Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 629260 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26835 on: May 30, 2023, 12:31:38 PM »

By Matt Murphy
BBC News
Russia has issued an arrest warrant for US Senator Lindsey Graham, after an edited video appeared to show him celebrating Russian troops' deaths.
The footage, which spliced together two separate moments, was posted by President Volodymyr Zelensky's office after the pair met in Kyiv on Friday.
In it Senator Graham called aid to Kyiv as "the best money we've ever spent", noting Russian troops were "dying".
The senior Republican said he would wear the warrant as a "Badge of Honor".
"To know that my commitment to Ukraine has drawn the ire of Putin's regime brings me immense joy," Senator Graham wrote in a Twitter post on Monday. "I will continue to stand with and for Ukraine's freedom until every Russian soldier is expelled from Ukrainian territory
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26836 on: May 30, 2023, 12:34:47 PM »

Updated May 30, 2023, 11:13 AM CDT
By Yuliya Talmazan
Moscow was hit by drones Tuesday morning, in what appeared to be the first attack on residential areas of the Russian capital since the invasion of Ukraine.

It comes weeks after an alleged drone attack on the Kremlin itself and following days of deadly Russian bombardment against civilians in Kyiv, as events far from the front lines take the spotlight ahead of Ukraine’s planned counteroffensive.

Tuesday's incident caused damage to some buildings in Moscow and forced residents to evacuate homes, officials said, though the Kremlin largely shrugged off the dramatic display that its war was increasingly coming home.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said the attack sought to intimidate the public, and commended the work of the capital’s air defense.

The Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement Tuesday that eight unmanned aerial vehicles were involved in the strikes. All drones were destroyed, it added, with three losing control after being jammed and the other five shot down by anti-aircraft systems.

The ministry blamed Ukraine for what it called a “terrorist attack.”

Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak said in an interview that his country "has nothing directly to do" with the drone attacks on Moscow but was "pleased to observe and predict an increase in the number of attacks

jim just told me we uk said its okay to hit russia cause i said when i read this why cant ukraine hit back
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26837 on: May 30, 2023, 02:50:17 PM »

May 30, 2023
US President Joe Biden spoke by phone with Turkey’s incumbent President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday about Sweden’s bid to join the NATO alliance and Turkey’s request to overhaul its US-made fleet of F-16 fighter jets.

“I spoke to Erdogan. I congratulated Erdogan,” Biden told reporters at the White House before heading to his home state of Delaware.

“He still wants to work on something on the F-16s. I told him we wanted a deal with Sweden, so let’s get that done. And so we’ll be back in touch with one another,” Biden said.

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2023/05/biden-links-turkeys-f-16-sale-swedens-nato-bid-call-erdogan#ixzz83E2bQ2B1

calihoula

« Reply #26838 on: May 30, 2023, 02:53:01 PM »

hi joho saw little bit of new turkey vulture baby yay parent so happy

neva

« Reply #26839 on: May 30, 2023, 06:21:46 PM »

Cape Blanco ... 22:17    95°  (3:25 pm)    Sunny and some wind. 

I hope that all is going well this day, for everyone.

Hi Cal ...   Well, I sure hope that Biden talking to Erdogan will make a difference when it comes to Sweden's membership weighed against having the F-16s.  Do you think that Putin would use drones on his own city in order to make it look like the Ukrainians had done it?  I could see that happening.  (UK is right, if Russia can dish it out, they should have to take it too.)

Hi Joho  ...    Leaving a small stone at the headstone or plaque at a grave is a long standing Jewish tradition, and I wasn't aware that Gentiles ever did that.  I think it is a nice tradition.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26840 on: May 30, 2023, 09:33:45 PM »

Neva, I know the stone is a Jewish tradition, I like the idea and I do it because I think it is a nice way to honor my dead.  I am Catholic. I also like bagels. LOL
Biden has to deal with the Devil.
Shelling Ukraine made them fight.  Shelling Mosco will make the Russians fight.  I think Putin did it, because his defenses were ready to repel.
Good Night EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26841 on: May 30, 2023, 09:39:49 PM »

Bear and her cub now on Snowman Cam

johoward

« Reply #26842 on: May 30, 2023, 09:42:46 PM »

Wow! Three cubs, the mom, and a porcupine just took off.

johoward

« Reply #26843 on: May 30, 2023, 09:53:31 PM »

Porcupine just came back and climbed up on top of the table.  I am suprised the bears did not knock things over as they usually do.  Only the bird feeder is missing.
Good night again, maybe for good this time. LOL

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26844 on: May 31, 2023, 05:49:11 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here rained last night suppose to rain today 50 in iceland 72 in kviv and 68 in the barn.

hi neva i would not put it past putin to hit his own stuff in moscow cry looked what they did!! small damage to that apt building i saw and he had the police standing guard after that bombed kviv for last few days they did stop them but what of all the others nothing left of cities nothing death. putin just makes me sick hello mental illness in your highest form there.  i think ukraine should get to let moscow have it back maybe that will finally stop this selfish awful war. i saw on the world news putin whining to biden about it saying he thought biden was not for attacking russia still i dont get that but biden said he was not but you have sent missiles and drone after drone hitting kviv get out of ukraine and stop this war. erg another one makes me sick in nato but nato has to bride him to do right thing let sweden in

hi joho i checked on tv it looks like still one egg left parent was rolling it and then settled on it and baby was sleeping. biden has to deal with more than one devil. i am bitten all over by mosquitos come on barn swallows get them gone they are feeding their babies now too. yes putins defenses right on that but if they had to fight for their land like ukraine has had too for a long time then putin needs to bring his soldiers back not be in ukraine.  read oh trump says elect me and this war be over in 24 hours course they say he does not say who would win it buddies with putin scary times

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/80055D558794
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26845 on: May 31, 2023, 07:36:51 AM »

5:34 Still sleepy.  Eyes watery. 69 degrees already. gonna be a scorcher.
Read paper, but do not remember anything I read. All was bad news.
I guess I am not good company yet today.
So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26846 on: May 31, 2023, 11:02:38 AM »

Hi y'all. Just looked in on our baby vulture.  Still no sibling.  I am worried the egg may not be viable.  This may be an only child.  This is not all bad though.  He gets lots to eat, and no bonking. The four falcon chicks are growing like weeds, and the eagles are huge with lots of feathers.  Was a real treat to see those three shiny cubs on Snowman last night.  Come on fence guy. I want to see some bears on the scale.
Now it is time for lunch and I have no bread again.  So I will CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #26847 on: May 31, 2023, 11:25:22 AM »

hi joho i was wondering on that tv egg i dont think i have seen head bonking with the tv eagles oh yes way too much i have not watch eagles for a long time tv dont feed live stuff i got eight loaves of bread yesterday some in freezer jim ate almost a loaf yesterday with spaggetti he made kept going back i ate a cheese sandwich dogs ate one so loaf of bread aint nothing here but long ways to drive to get more

neva i saw on world news at 2 am erd people said not fair election i know you are shocked said other guy got like no tv time all on erd and he was into the funding stuff.

calihoula

« Reply #26848 on: May 31, 2023, 02:59:41 PM »

joho ive been watching tv and parent got up see baby but also saw that other egg shell open half laying there maybe two babies under i will say her.

johoward

« Reply #26849 on: May 31, 2023, 04:17:42 PM »

Oh I hope so. Yes TV no bonk because head is in mom mouth.  Don't bonk mom!
Very hot here today. Lots of skin everywhere.  I just had to learn how to program AC from heat to cool. Took a few minutes and several scary button pushings. Saw a lot commands I do not know anything about. Feel a little better right now.  Cool breeze on back.  Got it set on 74.  I think that is right.  70 winter and 74 summer.
Well I will go set with TV in Missouri.  I will stay until I see two babies.
I did get two loaves of bread and will freeze one.  Was not on list, but goy a nice big Walmart chicken too.  Was $4.99 now $6.99, but it is two lbs.  I ate a couple of chunks then cut it in half and froze one half for soup in a few days.  Got some nice strawberries for only $1.42.  Ate them all while cleaning them.  Good ones from CA.  Good memories of a trip to see my sisters that Joan and I took years ago.  We stopped at a giant farm and got a few huge berries out of the field.  They were great. These from Walmart were almost as good and did bring back the memory.  I will go now to TV cam.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ulraine