Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603251 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26520 on: March 28, 2023, 10:00:32 AM »

hi joho you can learn to work a swifter or live with dust i do animals come first here i use to clean houses long ago i got too many houses when someone died or something else i did not replace them but kept my others got down to broadbent i loved that old man and his six dogs! i cleaned up dog poop fed them in the morning let them out was like my house. i cleaned his daughter house first she moved away his son is our cpa he had a really bad stroke but came back pretty good sometimes words got messed up esp cussing he was able to go back and do taxes he was a cpa when my dad had lung cancer and moved in with us i told phillip i cant come clean my dad is here need to be with him. he would not get another person when dad died i went back to clean his house he was so happy dogs happy he came to my dads funeral. so sad when he died. so i went to harps first and john checker said you look tired well furnace went out he was sorry its okay i know a guy and penny growling barking every time she heard jim john said did you hear what happened around here no breakout at jail a knife stabber got out this morning he stabbed someone two weeks ago and again breaking out of jail they closed the schools he is still on the loose i said when i get home kissing penny hanging with my dogs went to walmart girls loaded up my stuff talking about that prisoner closing school i saw school was closed hwy patrol cops all over the roads girls wish walmart would of closed but i told them be looking out today loading groceries
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26521 on: March 29, 2023, 05:59:02 AM »

Hide and Seek and a Splash of Color - UPDATE March 28, 2023

Pine siskins
Last night mammalian visitors pulled a switch. No foxes. No Bob Cat. It was a new pair of raccoons—one that enjoyed the meat bonanza, preferring pork; and one that played hide and seek in the dark. "Eyes of the Night" got them both. We’ll see what she gets tonight.

Raccoon
Raccoon
Raccoon
Raccoon
A picture today was a surprise I didn’t realize until it popped up on the computer (top of page). Pine siskin
Pine siskin
A male pine siskin that was drab in one picture was part of a double splash of color a tiny fraction of a second later when it shared the limelight with another flashing male for an instant. You never know what you’re going to get.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26522 on: March 29, 2023, 06:11:35 AM »

hi you guys its 35 cloudy 38 in iceland 34 snowing in kyiv and 51 in the barn nice update eyes gets good shots too. jim bought a new furnace got it downstairs and it was almost 6 pm i said im going to bed i need to sleep cant be up again with penny and her growling and barking he will work on it today when he gets home. old one still kinda hanging in there escapee still not caught jim scared me coming in the barn this morning he was making sure escapee not in the barn with me i was cleaning up and back with indy who was right there with me he would ram and charge escapee.

GB ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/65055D5BEB36?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #26523 on: March 29, 2023, 07:45:08 AM »

Ukraine destroys Russian military facilities in Crimea ahead of large-scale spring offensive

Randy Dawson
Randy Dawson
5 hours ago
Ukraine Warriors and President Zelensky, you amaze the World with your Courage, Strength and Determination. We will continue to provide you with the Tools needed to rid your land from the evils of Putin (The Crazy Murdering Dictator) and his Russian Warmongering Allies...God Bless Ukraine from the UK
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26524 on: March 29, 2023, 07:45:50 AM »

i fogot new horse in donkey barn earlier this morning hagd

johoward

« Reply #26525 on: March 29, 2023, 09:27:06 AM »

5:14  Good morning EV1.
 Cool but so far dry this morning. Supposed to rain this afternoon.
Will go for Nickels Italian bread, apples, oranges, and butter soon.  All on sale.  All this for less than $10 at Aldi's and Drugmart.  Will likely get gas at Sam's too.  It is near Aldi's.
Did not look at cams yet.  Very happy to see bobblehead in MN non-game cam.  Next will come some Falcon eggs on the Mississippi bluff. Then lots of feeding of all the babies.  A little later some vulture eggs, I hope.
Come on Spring and Summer!  Enough cold already for me.
Go Ukraine!
Bye Now EV! GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26526 on: March 30, 2023, 06:04:41 AM »

hi you guys been working on the books had to record our new furnace stuff still not in yet its 38 here clear 38 in iceland 44 sunny in kyiv and 51 in the barn

hi joho did you get that bread? donkey cam new horse and old horse in barn looks like rain there so good they are in the barn we are getting storms high winds tonight sick of that. got propane yesterday last of our contract first time we used the whole contract i called last summer and wanted the summer fill always get that she said you will auto get it since you got a contract well we did not get it so used all the contract it ran over we owe .65 cents. wonder if i will have to mail a check for that or just take it off new contract. so did not get very much snow but must of been really cold barn furnace did great. big elec bill but hay kept barn at 51 and shut off. i hope too those tvs come back to marshall barn and have more kids.

hi neva!

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/31055D4A94CA

johoward

« Reply #26527 on: March 30, 2023, 10:08:56 AM »

5:15 Good Morning all.   34 and sunny at 10:55.  Not much planned for today.  Did get sale items yesterday, but when I got home I found that a lot of the apples in the bag were bruised.  So I took them back right away to Aldi's.  No problem except I did not want to go back out in the snow and slush and drive 30 miles again.  I eat an apple every morning with my cereal.  Rotten apples take a lot away from my meager breakfast.  So I went.  I tried to avoid this by looking at several bags for damage.
 Could hardly see the apples in the bag.  Too much printing on the bag.  Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.  Stopped at Drugmart on way home and bought a bag from them.  These look good.  Had one for breakfast and it was ok.  Also bought a small bag of tiny oranges.  Not sure where to store these.  At room or in fridge?  The last bag seemed to dry out some on the ledge.  So I put these in the fridge.  We will see.
saw a high ranking Ukraine lady on PBS news last night.  She told about several interesting military news items, and seemed very informed.  I felt encouraged after listening to her.

GB Ukraine and GBU EV1.

calihoula

« Reply #26528 on: March 30, 2023, 12:06:39 PM »

hi joho just let indy out he wanted a cookie before coming out boy get out here its nice right now but big winds later today storm tonight so i am going to drag out extension cord from garage to barn plug in big overhead light radio cause said could lose power they wont need the furnace it will stay around fifty but power out at night generator kick on and they will have light radio. good we got propane yesterday i checked the tank awhile ago 80% i went back behind barn with walker picked up raccoonie junk saw water standing in ditch by hidey hole grass thick and tuff i got some tore out water running out. i put my clementine oranges in the fridge. do you cut up your apple if you dont you must have really good teeth i broke a tooth on a honey crisp apple now cut them up small pieces and be careful not an every day food too much work and time. saw snow on weather channel duluth mn cool on ukraine woman. saw on our local news video showing that inmate break out of jail he was in for stabbing his preg girlfriend he shoved that guard stabbed him 12 times took off he is still on the loose our county sheriff said they had no idea where he is but he feels we resident are safe ??? really i think a stabber is on the loose cops all over but we are rural dogs right here sleeping by me. jim said load up your gun but i dont want to do that. got my little hammer on me needed it for barn latch

johoward

« Reply #26529 on: March 30, 2023, 01:00:14 PM »

Why not get loaded?  A stabber is the worst. I feel fear just reading about him. Any perceived threat within 20 ft. is time to defend with deadly force.  Aim for center mass and take two pulls. Why wait until within reach of hammer?
I do cut apples up to spoon size chunks.  I did put oranges in fridge.  I like eating them cold.
Looks like the bears are going to get a lot more snow.  Holly will be sealed in completely.
I will go get some Lorrie lunch now.  She gave me a bunch of sloppy Joe and some clam chowder.  I froze the chowder and been eating the sloppy Joe for three days.  I think I can finish it at lunch.  Will use that good Walmart Italian bread I got.  It is little so I will make a few extra sandwiches. 
I did look in on Dog cam, and MN eagle cam.  All is well this morning.
Hi Neva, Thanks again for cam tip.
CUL EV1  GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #26530 on: March 30, 2023, 07:24:10 PM »

New Orleans ... 22:32   58° (3:41 pm)   Sunny, but quite windy and a chill in the air.

Hi everyone, I hope that all is well.  I tried to post last night, but somehow lost the post.

Hi Cal  -  Where do your TVs go?  Do they still go to your little school house?  Your sheriff is crazy! He admits that he has no idea where this guy is, and then tells you don't worry, you are all pretty safe out there.

Hi Joho  -  My granddaughter stopped by a couple of days ago.  Her boyfriend was with her.  We were talking and she said that she has a gun now, Tyler gave it to her.  She delivers food part time while going to college so that she can make car payments and insurance.  So, it can be potentially dangerous to do that.  I am not a gun person, but not totally against them either.  I just care about who has them.  My advice to her was, If you are going to carry a gun, make sure you are an expert with it.  Training and the whole thing.  I don't want her to fumble and not know what she is doing.  She also carries spray, and if possible, that comes first.  Tyler is trained and licensed to carry.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26531 on: March 31, 2023, 05:54:27 AM »

hi you guys its 64 and really windy getting windier too fire warning at 1pm till sat at 10 i think 46 and raining in iceland  48 and rain for kyiv and 62 in the  barn

hi joho well my gun shoots i think 38 i wanted a 22 but told this will stop someone. i only shot it once years ago when i first got it. i am not sure of all the stuff on it. i know hammer is no good i would not use that. guess i will load up the gun now they have a reward for the stabber just 2500.00 at this time but maybe enough someone would talk. our old sherriff lost last election to this new one a republican he is very heavy and only has one arm i did not vote for him voted for other one with years of experience.this new one cows in the road a country road and he thought they were a danger for drivers on a country road and shot and killed them. after this with the stabber maybe he will get voted out next time.

hi neva my tvs head for the lake of the ozarks for the winter its 180 miles from here. at Bagnell Dam there are tons of tvs around there. only half of the little school left standing and with huge winds today i dont know. metal roof gone but years years ago jim did not tack it down right wind got under it lifted it off course he would get mad and say cant help that but anyway half caved in other half been up for a long time now. yes they still get on top of what is left sometimes they sit on roof of our house and like to roost in that dead cottonwood tree in horse pasture dogs go out and if one of them spot them starts barking i think your grand probably now a days has a job where a gun would not hurt to have. training is good i do not have time for that and training using a walker or cane. i can load mine and shoot it probably knock me back so make sure i get a hit and what of all my dogs what if i hit one of them i wish the old sherriff was back. if jim is here he can shoot that stabber. indy went out yesterday and for the first time he would not come to me i saw him by the barn door and got out there he took off running looking to the back people out with tractors cows out mooing he went out at 11 am it was 3 pm jim working on the new furnace and i told him i need help and jim could not get him he ran from jim bucking and kicking jim got mad throwing the lead rope at him which is not going to help at all. i told him go get the gator and i will drive it into his area and get him so i did and indy would not come i said jim get out like you use too and walk up to him and he will run from you back to me and jim got out i have little grain bowl and indy ran back to me. but jim was mad at him said he was going to get him a be nice halter and he could stand all day with that on and i got mad. like jim ever owned a horse or mule before me. pretty soon he will have to go out of town for ford for a week  :)

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C5055D54F878?z=0
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 05:58:41 AM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #26532 on: March 31, 2023, 09:00:17 AM »

4:00 even!  Wow!  good mousy.
Joan and I took Concealed Carry Class together. She wanted a gun and I wanted her to be legal and trained.  Mostly for my safety. LOL. She was new to handguns all together, but that course, while long at 7 hours over two days, was well worth it.  She had what is called a wheel gun.  It was a .38 cal. revolver chief's special from Smith & Wesson.  She was a good shot, and that revolver is a reliable defense weapon.  A lot of folks like automatic handguns. I don't.  Our instructor spent 45 minutes telling us how to keep an automatic working.  He spent about 3 minutes telling us about a revolver like Joan's .38 special.  After the class we went to the firing range.  I used her .38 and hit everything I shot at, with no hang-ups.
 She came in after me and they gave her an automatic pistol.  It failed and jammed often. This is extremely nerve racking to a shooter.  She came out frustrated.  So we went to another range with her wheel gun.  She was good with it.  I would not want her shooting at me.  I still have it in my gun safe.
I have had quite a few firearms.  The only ones I have had trouble with were automatic hand guns.  I got rid of all of them, and would not buy another.
I would strongly recommend Concealed Carry training or maybe Hunter Safety training for anyone taking up deadly force weapons.  The criteria for use and the mechanical familiarity is priceless.
OK putting my soapbox away now.  I have some bills to pay and cams to view,  Nice to see you here this morning. 
Taking Debbie to VFW in Grafton for Friday fish tonight.  I love going out with her. 
Bye now EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26533 on: March 31, 2023, 01:36:09 PM »

hi joho my gun is i believe semi auto shoots oh nine rounds my sister susies guns are single shots wheel like she shot alot. targets once someone trespassed i was at her house she opened her door with that pointed i called cops i use to shoot a rifle some with her got that rifle im not afraid of it. oh storm is here tv out under tornado watch too dark out just got done with the barn good in my room got window ac on ceiling fan hot in the house its hot outside jim always cold me and dogs are hot we hole up in here i had weather channel on snow sd loud thunder penny still sleeping heavy rain i hear winds not as bad as they said not here anyway. yay tv back talking 60 mph winds i dont think here i got extenstion cord still ready to go. we are in path for super cell storms well that dont sound good move to sd better go to my local channel no tornado sirens around here i say again hate spring summer too then be awful wildfires and poor animals. have nice dinner with your debbie

calihoula

« Reply #26534 on: March 31, 2023, 05:31:42 PM »

we are off tornado warning wind still here news saying 49 mph tonight wind drop off temp today 80 drop down to 29 tonight i tells you wierdo weather. that old man i cleaned for his daughter husband mitch daughters 3 theirs then liz and mitch guardian to friends two daughters and they died in car wreck mitch liz took their two girls sent all of them to college they are in little rock ar and big tornado on the ground there. hope they are all okay oh no showing that tornado on abc news david muir in little rock huge!!! saying lots of damage