Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 628705 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26475 on: March 19, 2023, 06:31:25 PM »

St Patrick's Day ...  33:41    68°  (4:04 pm) A little overcast.  No wind at the moment.  Nice day.

I hope that all are having a good day.

Joho    You are a good story teller.  Thanks ... I could just see it all happening.

You are too, Cal.  I wish I could have had horses in my life, but apparently, I am allergic to them.  As a child, I read any book about horses that I could get at school or the library.  That made me angry too about the guy hitting and kicking the horse.  There is no excuse for that.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26476 on: March 19, 2023, 10:03:38 PM »

Wow!  I thought I had a bad horse experience, but I see it looks like everybody does.  Even Debbie said she has to stay away from horses.  Something I never heard before.  She told me that today when I asked her to to The Angel Haven fund raiser with me.  Which I did do.  It was the same as I remembered it being a few years ago.   Give a donation of $5 at the door then you are on your own.  I gave her $20 and told her to keep the change.  She was glad.  They do a lot of good.  They had a good crowd for as cold as it was.  It was windy and only in the twenties.
 Snacks were include in the cover charge and served in the barn right next to the ring where kids were having horse rides.  I told Debbie I would not eat in the dusty barn atmosphere, but I did.
I liked touching the horses.  Most of them like touching too.  One was a little picky.  He only liked touching on his velvety nose, near his teeth, and nowhere else.  One kept ramming the bars in his door so people would come see him.  It was funny.  He would make a lot of noise, and then stick his head out of a big hole in the bars to see if anyone was coming his way.  It worked for him.  I went right over and petted him.
Well I am missing Blacklist.  So I will say good night and God Bless
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 02:15:04 PM by johoward »

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26477 on: March 20, 2023, 05:39:08 AM »

hi you guys its 31 clear 37 in iceland 54 in kyiv and 51 in the barn.

hi joho! i was laughing you never eat in a dusty barn well i do have all my life did not kill me  :) very nice of you to go there and donate that money for them i like that alot. indy very touchy about being touched. my horses liked it indy does too but has to let you know maybe not touch me on my lower back when you first put in his hay just go on jim did not he stuck his hands in that hay and was spreading around in the feeder and indy bit him. good he had on his really thick jacket on but still left a red mark put the hay in his feeder and move on. funny horse making sure someone saw him sweets ramming the wall jumping up see me see me. i taped blacklist last night its on late here now so i watch it the next day around 6 pm will watch it tonight. again thanks for seeing those horses you are such a good person.

hi neva! you poor thing being allergic to so much. i use to read all them horse books too and had a horse. watched them on tv and saw them in parades. they can put the hurt on you but so can lots of stuff. and you learn. no excuse to be mean to them or any animal really did you see putin drove himself to maripol ukraine where those brave steel worker hold up there fighting he is getting ready to meet with with china china and him are buddies.

gotta pick up groceries in a little bit

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FE055D580058?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26478 on: March 20, 2023, 05:57:19 AM »

5:28   Good morning EV1.  Got an early start today, the first day of Spring. TYG!  Now only 27, but going up soon.  I will walk later.  I am well and hope you all are too.
It has been a long Winter for me. Nothing new this morning.  Thanks EV1 for being here.  I will see you all a little later. HAGD  GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26479 on: March 20, 2023, 06:04:32 AM »

BTW I missed most of Blacklist.  A neighbor that I have been trying to connect with started texting me just as the show started. We kept at it for most of the show.  When I finally looked up the new shoe Lucky Uncle or some thing like that had started.  I did catch a glimpse of the hero guy, but that was about it.  I have an old machine and could maybe learn to record shows, but I have not yet learned.  Plus the machine is so old it may not even work on todays tv. LOL Bye Again

calhound

« Reply #26480 on: March 21, 2023, 06:03:53 AM »

hi you guys its 42 here cloudy rain on its way rain every day this week thru sunday on and off  :( 37 in iceland 56 for kyiv and 51 in the barn.

hi joho! i was going to watch my recorded blacklist at 6 last night but i was running late on barn stuff and stuff in the house so i did not watch it. my cable is directv and my genie deal has a built in recorder. i set it to record blacklist couple of years ago and it now it will record it every week that a new one is on. all i have to do is find time to watch it. im sure they will rerun it i use to watch it when i miss it on my ipad i googled blacklist and saw where after the show had been on you could watch it on your computer ipad whatever. i am sad winter is over. spring is rain  i think that big trench that we dug out more so it would drain out into the pasture has helped. i hope so lots of rain coming this week. scout my tv is still not back usually always back around the 17th.

hi neva! yesterday when i went to pick groceries at walmart real early i went inside to harps first. when i go there is a little red car parked in the back for employees such a cute little car. so yesterday i got there at 6:45am and was sitting in the parking lot and saw the little red car drive in it was this woman who is asian she is just so pretty and has beautiful long black hair and just so nice all them people just so nice. she always ask me can i please help you look for something so once i said well where is and i knew where it was but made her so happy and we talk now i told her about the cute red car and she said oh that is my car! her husband drives a big suv and her car gets good gas mileage they went to az to see his mom but took the suv more room and safer. i said oh i have a friend lives in az in and she said that is where my mil lives too! she lives in an assisted living place she is 87 same age as jims dad he is still in his condo. i remember pops was upset when anne said we selling this house moving into a condo. they lived on this little lake and lots of steep steps up the front door or in the garage lots of steps up to the house had a yard on slope to mow now condo all on one floor and has a basement not finished but storage and deep freezer. now he is happy to live there. garage right into laundry room like here. no mowing no shoveling snow well he wants it done right then jim went once it was ice and jim was mad told his dad next time stay in and wait for them to come to clean it off he called his younger sister and was mad she lives close by to pops and her two big 23 years old twin boys live at home and her husband.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/30055D5814F2?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

neva

« Reply #26481 on: March 21, 2023, 05:18:24 PM »

Yacht Watching ... 19:20    71° (2:50 pm)  It's heavily cloudy, very windy and supposed to rain. We could use that.

If anyone could spare some prayers, I would be grateful.  My friend in Iowa, recently lost one of her three daughters to cancer, and now she has another one of them just hospitalized due to seizures.  She has a growth of a ball of veins in her brain, and they were doing tests to get ready for surgery for this, but today it came to a situation where she doesn't know who she is, where she is and the seizures have gotten to be very frequent.  She also has been recently diagnosed with Parkinson's.   Sandy, my friend, is pretty desperate at the thought that she might lose another daughter.  The daughter is named Tammy.  Thank you.

(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #26482 on: March 21, 2023, 05:38:03 PM »

hi neva you got it prayers for sandys tammy seizures are so scarey i had three dogs with epilepsy one with grand mal  murphy on medicine every four hours and when he had clusters ed gave me a cathader. i put it up his butt and injected valium would stop them once it did not ed put him under for two days then changed his med i hope to never have another dog with this i hope pray they can help tammy god please keep her safe 
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #26483 on: March 21, 2023, 09:04:17 PM »

Sure Neva I will pray for Sandy and for her children.
 Lord we pray that Sandy and her girls be given your special attention.  Bless the sole of the one who has crossed over.  Bless little Tammy and bring her peace.  Protect her mom and her remaining sister  from any more grief.  They have had enough Lord.
Bye for now EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #26484 on: March 21, 2023, 11:03:32 PM »

Thank you for your prayers.  I am grateful.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26485 on: March 22, 2023, 05:52:14 AM »

hi you guys its 43 and still raining 37 in iceland 52 light rain in kyiv and 51 in the barn  warmer temp for ukraine at least putin cannot control that with his missiles.

hi joho and neva

gb ukraine gb sandy and tammy and family gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AA055D5301CB?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26486 on: March 22, 2023, 07:17:19 AM »

6:50 Gotta love those Puffins.
 Kind of a murky morning. About 40.  So no bike riding.  Rain to start in an hour so no walking either.  Looks like another day of solitaire on the computer.
Today is garbage day here.  I do not generate much waste.  So I only put my cans out every two weeks instead of weekly.  I have about 5 times as much recyclables as I do garbage.  To limit odors I freeze my wet waste and food scraps in a bread bag.  They are surprisingly strong.  I generate less than  one bread bag per week.
Got another email invite to attend Doc's bear week.  Not sure if I can make it, but I think I would like to go.  I feel this way every Spring, but then my enthusiasm to travel wanes as the weather warms a little.
Well I will say so long for a while now.  GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #26487 on: March 22, 2023, 09:11:48 AM »

Puffin ... 22:42    60°  (6:43 am)   Pretty cloudy and supposed to rain today ... ?  it's quite windy out.

I got up and found a note from my friend, Sandy.  Her daughter is stabilized, and will stay in the hospital while they figure out how they will proceed with her situation.  The plan had been the surgery, and I would imagine it still is.  Thanks for your prayers and for caring.

Hi Cal and Joho.   GB you both and all that are here.

(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #26488 on: March 22, 2023, 01:53:13 PM »

oh neva that is good news really! thank you god keep her safe neva that new high wind rain in california they said could carry over into az. when i get done in a few hours i will watch the weather channel. still rainy here 70% tonight i keep putting out new pellets in the barn but barn floor is holding digging a run off for that trench is helping i thought it would i told jim it cant just sit dogs came in tons of mud on feet tons i went down the ramp they are digging a huge in ground pool. >:( cant get the backhoe thru dogs gate so have shovel it up. i heard ducks in the horse pond cant see pond all the trees but heard them.  :) tvs still not back you hear from sandy please let us know

joho whats you doing?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #26489 on: March 22, 2023, 10:16:56 PM »

I Ain't doin nuthin.  Good night.