Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 622261 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26280 on: February 09, 2023, 05:31:19 AM »

hi you guys its snowing hard here started an hour ago  32 36 and snow in iceland 31 and cloudy in kyiv and 51 in the barn barn got a little water under indys back door i put out pellets yesterday afternoon cause said lots of rain turning to snow no water in indys main area pellets soaked it up in that one spot.

hi neva now i thought you would like those cat containers! saw on world news pres zen over in uk met with king charles and others on his way to paris to meet pres and germany too. i do believe someone is finally going to give him those fight jets he has been asking for since day one of bombing his people.

hi joho! i took our taxes down to our cpa and happy i did that yesterday cause i aint going no where today. and i had all my chores all my animals to fed take care of and worked more in the barn pellets and combed out indy he has been pretty nice about that. i am on the other side of the gate when i do that and dont mess with his legs. but when i go in to clean his area he has been nice. standing up by his hay eating while i do that. times he comes back and follows me around see what i am doing. jim just came in from starting his truck up and saying oh my god my trusty walker plowed right thru it.  :)

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us oh i better check donkey cam horse up in the barn mule laying down in the barn shet up eating dont see little donkey last two morning i come in here and my internet gone which really upsets me but i hit it and connect and it starts back up. wish i had a more reliable one.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/48055D4D74AC?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26281 on: February 09, 2023, 07:51:48 AM »

7:18 Very rainy out, but warm.
Did look in on several cams.  All looks normal to me. Not a very bright sunrise on GSB Falcon Cam. When it looks nice I like to share it in text to my niece Susie. She lives in New York, but hangs out in Florida in the cold weather months. I already had two cups of coffee and taxes are in the mail.  Washer is soaking now. I will go start it up again.  I am thinking of getting a haircut today.  I keep putting it off, because they charge more than I like paying  anymore.  Also, I don't have much hair to be cut. I did go to 2 hours of CPR training last night.  They have resumed mouth to mouth as part of CPR.  It was useful.  I like to think of others being trained who live around me. They included choking protocol. I think this is more likely to be needed than CPR, because we all eat and can choke at any age on our food. Where as pulse and breath stoppage is more likely to be due to accidents or age related.  We practiced with a little battery operated device, I think AED, that automatically checked for a pulse and delivered a shock if needed. It was very nice to have.  Just put adhesive pads as shown on the pad, hit the ON button and do what the speaker says to do. like CLEAR!
Well almost time for trip to barber.  So CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #26282 on: February 09, 2023, 04:19:13 PM »

Seattle ...  46:26     67°  (2:23 pm)   Clear, sunny and a light breeze.  It's a totally doable day. 

Hi everyone, I hope your day is going well.

Hi Cal,  I'm glad those pellets work for you.     GB France for considering to send Zelensky the planes, I sure hope they carry through with that.   

Hi Joho,   That was time well spent, learning those lifesaving skills. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26283 on: February 09, 2023, 05:34:47 PM »

Decorah North Eagles mated at 6:33 today.  Just fyi.

calihoula

« Reply #26284 on: February 09, 2023, 05:59:15 PM »

hi neva joho! such a wet mess around here snow melting barn flooded more so more work lots more pellets just keeps seeping in im going to have to do whole perimeter except indys front area where i go in his feeder hangs on that gate got barn all done my little biscuit all combed fed treats! jim goes out in a couple hours suppose to get down to twenty tonight i hope so freeze this give barn a break. saw earlier elvis and mabel out eating. before it was horse and shet i need to check mule laying down horse shet and yay donkey up

hi joho yes very cool on life saving class! would that work on an animal? did you behave for your haircut?  :) sounds like eagles needed to get a room
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #26285 on: February 10, 2023, 05:17:35 AM »

hi you guys its 22 here 37 rain snow wind in iceland 34 and cloudy in kyiv and 51 in the barn barn got in more water i put down more pellets on that side where it keeps seeping in guess jim did not see it when he went out or it had not gotten that far. i give up i have to sleep at night i have too.

saw on the world news china spy balloon listening to workers people inside our silo spying like crazy and yes i too wonder why it was able to travel all over our country and they lied about it being a weather balloon no surprise there parts on it made in usa

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/89055D4B36E9?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26286 on: February 10, 2023, 08:06:56 AM »

4:439  Never did get a haircut yesterday. Just fooled around all day on computer.
Got up at 5 am and just now got to do puzzle. I watch TV a lot.  I did read yesterdays paper for about an hour or so with breakfast. Maybe sometime soon I will go for haircut.  I really don't want to though.
38 degrees at 9:04 am. cloudy  Not too bad out.  Feel like I need a nap already.  Yawning etc.
Will go look at cams again.  Now everyone is moving around.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26287 on: February 10, 2023, 09:56:29 AM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26288 on: February 10, 2023, 06:08:26 PM »

Taiwan ... 29:03      68°  (4:12 pm)    Sunny, clear and windy.     

Hi everyone.  I hope this day is turning out to be a good one for you.

Hi Cal     The latest thing going on here is my granddaughter will be moving out next month.  It is fun watching her picking out things for the apartment.  My daughter is missing her already, it is her only child. 

Hi Joho    These cameras that we all watch are a blessing, aren't they?  We can learn so much from them.  A few years back, I watched a water hole in African for more than a year, and I saw some pretty amazing stuff, including a Pride of Lions that took down a buffalo type of a creature, and spent the next three or four days feasting.  But, a lot of peaceful things were to be seen also.   
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26289 on: February 10, 2023, 08:05:55 PM »

Yes Neva I Love all the cams. I like to look at the Dublin cam and imagine how our Marge Ireland is doing.
That dog nose pic is great cal. LOL
Still no haircut had to spend the day getting my car insurance reinstated.  Seems mt agent retired in august, and I have been uninsured since Oct 27 2022. YIKES!

calhound

« Reply #26290 on: February 11, 2023, 05:26:45 AM »

hi you guys its 15 here 36 rain snow in iceland 35 in kyiv and 51 in the barn horse mule shet in barn horse has a blanket on

hi neva im sure all of you will miss your grand im sure she is excited to get her own place too. hope it is close by hard to move out my mom was so very upset but i came and worked with her saw her almost every day  i was reading on finland sweden joining nato and now finland going to go it without sweden finland needs nato more it is right on russia border and sweden surrounding by nato countries they are going to wait it out

Finnish parliamentary groups are expected to discuss on Friday (10 February) when to ratify NATO’s founding treaties, in a move that could lead the country to proceed with membership ahead of neighbouring Sweden, amid growing support among the Finnish public to go it alone.

The two Nordic countries sought NATO membership shortly after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine last year, and while most member-states have ratified the applications, Turkey has yet to give its approval.

“Our position on Finland is positive, but it is not positive on Sweden,” President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said last week.

Turkey’s differing view on Finnish and Swedish memberships is putting pressure on Finnish leaders to push ahead. A 53% majority of Finns polled on 2 February for daily Ilta-Sanomat said they did not want Finland to wait for Sweden. Some 28% said it should.

On Friday, parliamentary groups in Finland will decide whether parliament should ratify NATO’s founding treaties before it goes into recess on 3 March, before a parliamentary election on 2 April.

If parliament on a later date votes in favour of approving the treaties, as it is widely expected to do, the president must proceed with the application within three months and as soon as all existing NATO members have also ratified Finland’s bid, which could effectively lead to proceeding with NATO membership without Sweden.

i also read much talk about changing nato to majority rule on new members which would be great. like it said forget turkey hungry and let in finland sweden ukraine. erdogan already broke treaty with his treatment for people

hi joho you can always put your hair into a ponytail like me and neva do.  :) couple years ago i could not find my copy of check and stuff on paying insurance on our business and van i called and they said yes you paid it. year jim had cancer and so many other things going on just did not make that copy. good you did not get in an accident marge is our bear friend for sure she is just so very nice i really like her too!

i got to go to harps oh barn did not get in anymore water but tons of rain coming tuesday and wed and big snow thursday then temp will go up and melt. wish i had a big bubble over the barn.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/98055D4BA462?z=0

neva

« Reply #26291 on: February 11, 2023, 07:55:26 PM »

Lighthouse ...  33:07   72° today,    65° right now  -- a beautiful sunset. 

I hope your day was better than you thought it would be.

Cal   Thanks for the info concerning Sweden and Finland .  I hate it that Erdogan gets to decide who get in and who doesn't.  Majority rule is better, in my opinion. 

Joho     My gosh, you are lucky you had no accidents!  How could that agent have done that to you?!  You are probably not the only one he walked out on.

(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26292 on: February 11, 2023, 09:45:51 PM »

4:30 Good mousie.
 Main problem with car ins. was I had a new address and phone that they did not have for some reason.  So I never found out that my agent had retired.
 This kind of thing happens when you live longer than usual.  My agent that retired was actually the son of the man who I wanted as my agent. Like he was  many years ago. 
My entire generation is no longer active I guess.  Just me, and maybe 8 or 10 classmates.
I am insured again.  Debbie was flabbergasted when I told her I drove since Oct 27 without insurance. I was very lucky.  This little car is bad on snow.
Glad I finally got to do the puzzle.  See EV1 tomorrow. Good night GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26293 on: February 12, 2023, 05:27:43 AM »

Deer, a Bird, and a Mystery Solved - UPDATE February 11, 2023

Goldfinch
First, the mystery. For the last two nights, the raw chicken and pork I put out on the second floor deck has been gone with no video of who took it. Lorie checked again. She looked where a deer was looking, and there was Bob Cat, sitting quietly blending in at the far end of the camera view.Deer
Deer

Now, just as I finished writing that sentence, I looked up at the pile of treats for tonight and was a bit startled to see Bob Cat’s motionless face watching me six feet away. Deer
Deer
I moved slowly to click the camera, but he disappeared in a direction that makes me think he’s been climbing a tree instead of coming up the steps. It’s 7:30 PM.

Deer have been here a lot eating shelled (meaning no shells) peanuts and nibbling vegetation at the edge of the forest.

A flock of 25 goldfinches flew in for the sunflower seed hearts, and one of them posed nicely on top of a snow mound to show its winter plumage, which I appreciated. I wish Bob Cat would come back. I have the lights out inside and the camera aimed, but I guess it will be awhile, and I have to go home where the grandkids are making things about as wild as Bob Cat.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #26294 on: February 12, 2023, 05:46:43 AM »

hi you guys its 28 here 35 and snowing in iceland 36 and sunny in kyiv 51 in the barn. so happy doc saw his cat he needs to be as sneaky as bob to get pictures but really most iimportant is bob eats. deer and goldfinch so pretty. when i went out the side door in garage to my barn sidewalk man pack of coyotes or foxes and sounded like at the end of the driveway then sounded like moving up driveway so i moved that walker got in the barn told maybe happy you are in here girl and my two raccoonies came running up to me for cookies told them happy you are in here too. when i came out all quiet.

hi joho! hope your insurance remembers you now happy you got insurance did you get that haircut? :) superbowl today go chiefs. heard on the news that native american tribe protesting chiefs using chiefs again now i got native in me not at all offended by that they should be proud of it. jim said just wanting money i dont know about that but freedom of speech etc

Hi Neva! that is what a dictator does be the head boss or so he thinks. tons of people cant stand him either. he will not get to buy our fighter jets or other stuff or from other countries. and nato really does need to make changes. terrible ukraine been though this and still are cause of one sick person. lots of one sick persons in the world affecting so many lives

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D5055D5BC876?z=0