Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 621646 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25815 on: November 14, 2022, 05:44:00 PM »

Dog Snow ...  34:53    64° (4:18 pm)   Sunny day, no wind.

Hi everyone.  I hope it has been a good day so far.

I'm feeling a bit down today.  A close friend (lives in Iowa), her daughter entered Hospice care today (Cancer), and I wish I could do more for my friend.  Her daughter lives in Washington State, and she cannot go there to see her daughter one last time.  My friend is 85 and cannot travel because of health issues.  The daughter is lucky in one way at least, her two daughters moved there to be with their mother.  I am there for my friend, but I feel like I should be able to do more.  I have a daughter that is fighting lung cancer at this time ... nearly a year now.  I'm not sure where that is going.  I guess that is a part of life, learning to accept that which you cannot change.
my brother too.  I wonder if there will ever be an end to cancer.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25816 on: November 14, 2022, 07:32:10 PM »

Lord I pray you please bring your comfort to Neva, and all her people suffering with cancer today.  The suffering is too much for her to bear alone. Amen

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25817 on: November 15, 2022, 05:38:43 AM »

hi you guys its 28 here we under winter advisory till 9 am we did get lots of snow heavy wet snow its 42 in iceland and 51 in the barn.

hi neva yes lord please comfort neva and all her people suffering with cancer. hate cancer. lung cancer took my grandpa my uncle my cousin all on my dads side took my dad my boobie and im sure will get my sister too. all who smoked   neva xoxo

GB neva and her people GB Ukraine i saw pres zen in kherson GB all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C0055D4B90B2?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25818 on: November 15, 2022, 05:46:19 AM »

just got this from my cousin janice  Another CareGiver bites the dust!  Hard to keep a person who has good work ethic, honest, has some medical background, can keep house and wants to work for $9.50 per hour.
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25819 on: November 15, 2022, 12:40:01 PM »

8:05 Each day I get slower.
God please remember Neva and her friends to day and comfort them. 
Take care and watch over my friend Cal too.  She has unsteady gate like I do, and is prone to falling.  Guide her landing Lord.  Many rely on her for life.  Amen
Cold and grey here.  No snow yet, but it is getting closer.  In Michigan now on Snowman Cam. Will not go out except to get mail down around the corner.  Been there twice so far already.
Time for a quick nap.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25820 on: November 15, 2022, 01:54:33 PM »

Ukraine
46m  ·
A senior U.S. intelligence official says Russian missiles crossed into NATO member Poland, killing two people.
Poland’s Prime Minister Mateus Morawiecki has called an emergency meeting of the National Security and Defence Committee.

comments

Leonel S Moy
Now let's see what NATO will do.
They've made so many threat's. So let's watch and see how they respond.

Reply19m
Jonel Ompad Mansoy
NATO - No Action Talk Only

Jonel Ompad Mansoy
Any attack on one NATO state is an attack on all but nothing will happen they’ll just say it was an accident
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25821 on: November 15, 2022, 02:03:00 PM »

hi joho you got that right my gate unsteady i did fall but a smooth landing so thank you! yes i have many that depend on me G20 wants ukraine to start ending the war ?? putin just hit capital took out power apt building etc ukraine saying no to talks guess nato should of maybe done more from the get go. like young russian soldier said this ends when putin is dead. jim send me an email his dad wanted to know do i whore a medium flannel shirt say what? sorry do you still wore a medium flannel shirt what? oh wear do i wear
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25822 on: November 15, 2022, 06:22:15 PM »

Old barn ... 33:45     69°  (4:45 pm)   It's a very clear, sunny day, and no wind.  My daughter went sweater shopping yesterday, and found a new Cardigan sweater.  My kids are 'Desert Rats', they have seldom experienced real cold.  I guess to them, 69° qualifies.  It was another lovely day.

I hope that all is going well for all of you.

Joho, thank you for your kind prayers and encouragement.  I'm able to accept God's Will, I know He has His reasons, but one still has to feel the sadness. 

Cal,  thank you too.  My brother is in shock at his situation, who ever expects cancer is most likely going to be your ending.  He used to be the guy that went to the Gym four days a week, lifting weights.  I remember the first time I caught my daughter and her friend smoking.  She never quit until this happened and now she has come to this.  I have another brother that has been a Registered Nurse since forever, and he still smokes.  What can one say? 

I wonder what will come of that thing about the Russians hitting Poland?  Maybe Putin is testing us.  GB us all.

btw ...  Arizona dodged a bullet, a certain woman did NOT become our Governor.    😊
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 07:06:56 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25823 on: November 16, 2022, 05:22:52 AM »

hi you guys its 24 here wind is cold 40 says rain/snow in iceland wow iceland getting snow and 51 in the barn maybe ran out door earlier i said oh maybe she felt that wind and saw snow and did a turn around back in warm barn.

Hi Neva my sister spends 45 min out of every waking hour sitting outside her apt building squatted on the ground she does not like to have to stand or walk smoking. so it is what it is. RN yes should know better but lots of them do not its not just your brother. now i saw on the world news that one of ground to air defense ukraine used in trying to get all those missles putin sent to ukraine for getting back their city kherson may be the cause poland says would not of had to use that if russia had not fired all them missles and russia started an unproked war in the first place. does not save those two people killed and really how many more have to die cause of putin. sooner or later it will come to this unless someone takes out putin. trade ones live for thousands and thousands. yes i was happy that az dodge a big bullet.

hi joho stay warm today and safe.

GB Ukraine GB all animals and GB all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/31055D5399A7?z=0

neva

« Reply #25824 on: November 16, 2022, 04:15:30 PM »

Barnyard ...  24:29    66°  (2:49 pm)  Clear sunny sky, no wind at the moment ... the birds sound happy.   😊🌵🌴

Hi you three and anyone else who  stops by ... I hope your day is going as you hoped it would.

Hi Joho ... as Cal said ... stay warm and safe.

Hi Cal,  glad to hear that maybe is a smart girl ... no snow for her.  Your barn holds a nice steady temperature. 
I did see that Ivanka and Jared have decided not to get involved with with the new and ever present craziness again.

(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25825 on: November 16, 2022, 05:32:33 PM »

6:28 On winter barn scene.  I think I did this this morning, but do not know what I have been doing in between then and now.  Any way the 6:28 is a fresh time. just done. at 6:30.
Hope all is well this wintery day.  It is ok here.  Talk on the weather channel about feet of lake effect snow soon.  We'll see, but so far nothing.  In Cleveland we do get some of this every winter, and sometimes it is substantial.  Watertown and Buffalo in NY State is where it really piles up.
Got a little chill now so I will leave you and go get another layer to put on.
CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25826 on: November 16, 2022, 06:25:05 PM »

hi neva you know my barn doing really good on temp kicks on heats om kick off its so cold today too some below normal temps here but open that barn door and feel the heat maybe just wants to be with me i stay out there for almost two before done for the day out there light out going in dark coming out maybe gets in her hay box goes to bed jim goes back out at nine he says he hears her in that hay box she doing better with him if he does not try to pet her. wow ivanka and jared not on the nutty bandwagon thats good. wonder what putins children think.

hi joho yes weather channel talking about your snow lake effect feets of it. im cold now in my room all dogs sleeping on my bed my hands are shaking cold i got vents shut off ceiling fan on im going to get under my covers have cali up against my back penny  brownie close im watching mollie b polka party band is good big dance floor and these couples can polka some really old too! having fun they are my granny could polka and my cousin johnnie could too fun watching them at family stuff way back dancing.

gb ukraine gb all of us

calhound

« Reply #25827 on: November 17, 2022, 05:35:29 AM »

Beavers, No Bears, Bright Birds, Give to the Max Day tomorrow - UPDATE November 16, 2022

Blue jay
Give To The Max Day - November 17 - click to donate!

The big day is almost here. Scott will start off the final Give to the Max day with a broadcast tonight (Nov. 16) at 11:30 PM. Tomorrow (Nov. 17) will be fun broadcasts throughout the day. Donna and I get to be part of it at 8 AM and 8 PM at the Bear Center.

Beaver and Lodge
Beaver and Lodge
I haven’t heard of a bear sighting in the Ely area for a week and a half or so. The last sighting in Eagles Nest Community that I know of was right here at the WRI on camera at 3:01 AM on November 4. We couldn’t see it well enough to know who it was.

Beaver action today was a beaver half standing, eating something on the ice near the lodge this evening. The path up the front of the lodge suggests they are still busy bringing mud to seal it for winter.

With the lake covered with ice and snow, no ducks are trudging up the hill for food.

Blue jays are still here, but only half as many as earlier. They are a bit erratic about migrating. Some do and some don’t, with no explanation as to what makes the difference for individuals from year to year. So I don’t know if these will stay or not. This jay sat in good light and glowed bright blue even though the pigment in their blue feathers is melanin, which is brown. From what I’ve read, tiny cells on the surface of the feather barbs contain air and keratin that somehow absorb all the colors of the wavelength except blue. Red-breasted nuthatch
Red-breasted nuthatch
The extensive gray on the underside is darker here near the northern edge of their range, lighter in the southern United States. The black necklace varies with individuals, which some say might help them identify each other.

Both red-breasted nuthatches and white-breasted nuthatches are coming. Red-breasted ones often become trusting enough to sit on your hand, but I’ve never had a white-breasted one do that. Willingness to trust is much more common among birds from the boreal forest north of here than it is of birds of the temperate forests to the south.

Thank you for all you do. See you tomorrow at 8 AM
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25828 on: November 17, 2022, 05:54:03 AM »

hi you guys its 19 here cloudy 39 rain snow in iceland and 51 in the barn clear tonight saying it will be 6 so hoping barn will still do well.  beavers are tough out there on that ice and then go into that water GB them not many raccoonies coming cause it is snowy and cold for them to travel they are staying holed up but jim saw a possum last few nights out there i put out snacks along with dry dog food and lots of dog still in pans but all the snacks were gone. last night i looked out my bathroom window thought it was a possum but it was that big siamese cat from across the road eating little debbies fancy cakes got dry dog food out there too and heated water. looks like your cats neva should not be out like that.  >:( got to go to town to the bank get gas for the car

hi joho i got this from my library Welcome Our New Library Director
During their November 15 meeting, Mid-Continent Public Library’s Board of Trustees approved a contract to hire Aaron B. Mason as the system’s new Library Director and CEO. Beginning January 17, 2023, Mason will step into MCPL’s head leadership role, overseeing the Library’s 33 branches across Jackson, Clay, and Platte Counties, and the nearly 850,000 residents they serve. Mason moves to MCPL from Cleveland Public Library, where he spent nearly two decades of his career, most recently holding the role of Senior Director of Outreach and Programming Services.

“Mr. Mason is an esteemed librarian with tremendous leadership and public service experience that will be a valued asset to Mid-Continent Public Library,” said Ronald Thiewes, MCPL Board P

Hi Neva!  i saw on the world news earlier rep got the house  :( dem the senate so probably no one agreeing on much now and i did see ivanka saying she would not be involved this time. loves her dad but no

GB Ukraine GB all animals and GB all of us

hope bears get the donations they need  :) gb them and doc

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/98055D5BA4C0?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25829 on: November 17, 2022, 09:51:33 AM »

5:57  Felt like I was doing great until I see the avg. is only 4:36.  LOL
Winter outside this morning. 34 degrees at 10:50.  Light snow not quite covering the grass.  Maybe more on the way.
 Will go see Deb, Boss, and Gash at 2PM.  Deb has a roast for me all cooked and ready to warm up with some gravy.  She spent $29 for it and does not like it.  Too dry.
Well I will make good use of it for her.  I will make Heinze beef gravy, Idahoan Instant mashed potatoes, and some Green Giant steamtables veggies.  It will be a feast for me.
Well give to the max is on.  I will go see the special cam.
CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine