Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 630329 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25515 on: August 30, 2022, 05:03:40 PM »

6:23 My normal time.
 Finally got done house cleaning.  Been at it all day.  Was rainy most of the day.  Now it is clear and getting hot again.  Not much to relate today.  I did take a 1/2 mile walk at about noon.  Then lunch.  Then a nap for about an hour on this rainy day  Then back to cleaning.  Now done and looking at cams and emails.  I keep getting a lot of emails for someone I never heard of.  I don't like it.  I send them all to spam if I am suspicious of them.  I don't know what else to do.  I tried complaining to the email provider once, but it was not very helpful.  They did understand, but did not do anything worthwhile to stop it. 
Lorrie sent over some chicken paprikash last night.  It is pretty good with lots of chicken.  I will reheat it in a little while for my dinner.  If it dries up enough I may take a bike ride too when it gets cooler.  Right now it is too hot outside.  Nothing new from Debbie and Dash and Boss.  I will give her a call after while.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #25516 on: August 30, 2022, 05:46:55 PM »

Posted and it disappeared!! 

Puzzle took me  29:56 to do (triangles)  I'm slow anyway.    103°  (3:31 pm)  Sunny and windy; not much chance of rain.

Hello again.  We are busy teaching Harlow the family rules and manners.  She seems pretty smart.  The cats and Zoe are being good to her, thankfully.  There's a soccer ball out back that she wants to play with, that was something that Maddie loved.  😊

Cal, do your Kitchen Coyotes ignore the Bedroom Cats? 

Joho ...  I know what you mean about getting emails you don't recognize or want.  I now delete them, but I used mark them as Spam and it didn't help at all.  I get a lot of political stuff too, and I don't want my computer to fill up with that either, no matter who it's from.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25517 on: August 31, 2022, 04:59:20 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here 54 and raining in iceland

hi joho i need to do some house cleaning tired after cleaning the barn and i got to mow the dogs yard again. cool out right now i dont know a name in my email i delete it. jim won tickets to the royals game in a union meeting awhile back and i did not know that name deleted it told him you did not tell me. he got them and went to the game.

hi neva! i delete my emails  not much else you can do but that. yes kitchen coyotes leave bedroom cats alone cali sometimes will chase odie but more in play. my really old tom cat loves griz so much when he lays down he gets right in his face and curls up this morning i went out the garage door to head to the barn and maybe ran in my garage cats ran towards her she turned and got back out went to the barn with me. she waits all night for me like pearl and sweets and raccoonies do i just cant stay up all night. nice zoe and cats being nice to harlow that is good cause little harlow will grow up and its just so nice when they all get along so nice. yesterday jim was yelling for me i was in the kitchen what he said Gorbachev died! i said too bad it was not putin he said oh it was not putin nevermind. he thought it was putin that died.

GB Ukraine !

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8C055D59EDAC
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25518 on: August 31, 2022, 06:24:16 AM »

6:08 as usual.  Good morning.  Cloudy, but nice here.  May be a hot one later.
Waiting for paper again.  May go for a walk while cool and waiting.  Get cereal and coffee later.
CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25519 on: August 31, 2022, 01:29:20 PM »

4:01
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25520 on: August 31, 2022, 05:44:56 PM »

Water Line ...  20:18     96°  (3:28 pm)    Sun and wind. 

Hi you two, and all who stop by.  I hope all has been going well today.

Did your paper finally get delivered, Joho. 

Cal, I heard of the news someone saying that Gorbachev is not as well thought of in Russia as he is in the West,  We sure appreciated all he did to turn the Soviet around, but they see it as he let it Collapse.  I think that all comes from Putin's encouraging that kind of thinking. Putin wants to be the Czar.
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25521 on: August 31, 2022, 09:48:07 PM »

Had to go to the publisher to get my paper.  They wanted me to have a credit, which of course is not very satisfying compared to reading the paper.  The worst part is the uncertainty and not knowing what will be.  I waited from 6am til 8am.  Had to wait until 8 for them to open up for the morning.  The paper is usually here by 3 or 4 in the morning.  I am at the mercy of the delivery person.
Getting late so will say CUL EC ! GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #25522 on: September 01, 2022, 05:56:24 AM »

Holding Our Breath - UPDATE August 31, 2022

A yearling from August 2020
As tomorrow approaches, we are holding our breath. Scats are mainly chokecherries, and bears want variety. Hazelnuts would be a favorite but the hazelworm outbreak has made them scarce. Hungry mothers with cubs that were missing most of the summer are showing up to the feeding stations—18 mothers with 45 cubs in the last couple weeks. These include two non-clan mothers (Cinna and Winnie) and two we are still trying to ID. The full 18 are Colleen (19 years old), Bow (16), Lily (15), Jewel (13), Star (13), Wendy (11), Vanna (10), Pixie (7), Sidney (7), Carolyn (5), Lyla (5), Maureen (5), Winnie (5), Cinna (4), Stella (4), and Katrina (3), plus the two unknowns that have 3 and 2 cubs.

Stinkhorn Mushroom
Stinkhorn Mushroom
Stella’s male cub starts the clan’s seventh generation with his ancestors being Shadow, Blackheart, Donna, Shannon, Summer, Sadie, and Stella. I suspect we will find a S-name for him, too.

A nice thing at the end of the recent Bear Field Course was that my wife Donna discovered that one of the participants (Sego Jackson) shared her interests in mushrooms and pollinating. Together, they looked for mushrooms and saw Donna’s pollinator garden at the Bear Center, but the big mushroom find was only a step out the Bear Center door. There grew a rare mushroom that neither of them had ever seen. Sego looked it up. It was a type of stinkhorn mushroom. I got to see it, too, because they needed someone to snap the mushroom of the moment. With the courses over for the year, I’m looking forward to more good times in 2023.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25523 on: September 01, 2022, 06:09:31 AM »

Hi you guys its 64 here 54 and cloudy in iceland hate that it is bear murder time so hoping no one gets it but maybe a hunter gets shot by another hunter im okay with that

hi joho i do not get the daily paper i get weekly town paper it comes in the mail on wed or thursday and lots of them still sitting on the table but shows local news deaths etx they also have it where i can get i on line read it on my ipad which if i had more time probably would do that not have all the paper can you get yours like that maybe it would come real early shame you just cant have stuff like it use to be.

hi neva i did not know that about gorb im sure putin had his say on that some russians are getting wise to him though. not fast enough and he keeps slipping on past like former president doing with his stuff . griz i believe is just about totally blind now he bumps into lots of stuff not jumping up and barking for his food still eating barking if knows i am not near him. he wanted out at 1 am and stupid me let him out he peed a lake he had been getting up getting a drink alot he then went to the end of the yard girls were out too i had my spot light he was pooping but then i lost sight of him went and got jim he went where i saw him last and griz was tucked back in tall weeks long the fence laying down we got the trolley out stretcher with wheels and jim got him on that i tried to get down there with my cane and i fell griz said i aint riding that got up and walked back up i told jim forget me herd him back in i crawled back up. going to mow here soon got all my stuff too do im really tired. please god dont take griz.

GB Ukraine god help them over take evil you can do it

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FB055D54D295?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25524 on: September 01, 2022, 07:07:44 AM »

6:03  Good morning to you all.  Got up late.  Still sleepy eyed.  Need to go pay bills and coffee and cereal and walk to stay loose. So Will say GBU and GB Ukraine today.

neva

« Reply #25525 on: September 02, 2022, 12:55:42 AM »

Cal ...

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 12:57:35 AM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25526 on: September 02, 2022, 05:26:12 AM »

johoward

« Reply #25527 on: September 02, 2022, 05:30:57 AM »

Neva, 
That is a beautiful sentiment, and so true.  It is so heartbreaking when God calls them home.  We must go on though for others in our lives, both two and four footed.
Thank you Cal for all you do.  We know you are doing all you can, and your friends appreciate it.
GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #25528 on: September 02, 2022, 05:47:10 AM »

6:48 with sticky mouse. Good Friday morning to you all. Trying to help keep things normal here.  Only 59 degrees at 6:39 am, but clear and calm.  Will probably walk after coffee and paper are done.  Cereal is already done with half an apple and half a banana sliced into the bowl before adding the Malt-o-meal Scooters and 2% milk.  This is what I eat every day for my heart, and it is working.  Thank God.
Normally I would be reading the paper.  So I will say CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #25529 on: September 02, 2022, 05:08:47 PM »

Barrel Cactus ...  29:39   98°  (2:02 pm)    Sunny. w/ few small clouds and Windy --  thank goodness.  no rain, most likely.

Hi you two, I hope things are going well for the day.   Lurkers too.

Cal    Yes, thanks for all that you do.  When I am working on the puzzle, I am saying thanks to you.  I can't do an actual puzzle on a table, I have cats who'd love to help me with that, so your puzzle is great. 

Joho  - Your breakfast sounds good, especially with the fresh fruit added.  Good deal. 

We're having our daily adventures with the new puppy.  She is really strong, I can imagine when she is grown a few more months how strong she will be!  She is pretty good though.  Smart, thankfully and she's cute.

101°  3:25
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 05:41:07 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)