Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 629165 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25500 on: August 26, 2022, 12:22:32 PM »

joho laughing here love your day at the fair! good you are rested up. and your bp is good mine is too its like 116/68 when the girls rile me up i can feel its higher yes those clydes big and beautiful. i told sweets you said goats so nice and sweet he said what! some are unruly sure those are not in a petting zoo oh i can just see sweets in one! look out! lol i enjoyed seeing your fair so much!  :) you did not disappoint in eating! lol lunch time! penny got her awful allergies skin red broke out digging scratching i wrote down her med dosage on calendar gave half a pred another half tonight said it would work in two hours brought all dogs in my cold bedroom with attic fan going in two hours she was sound asleep feeling way better. i got to sneak out check on pearl sweets maybe.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25501 on: August 26, 2022, 03:00:27 PM »

Orange Fish ... 33:17   95°  (12:36)   Mostly sunny, clouds to the east and a bit breezy.

Hi you two. 

Joho ...  It sounds like you had a great time at the Fair.

Guess what, Cal ...  Last night when Bella came home we all got a surprise.  Bella adopted a Chocolate Lab puppy from the Humane Society.  She hasn't got a name yet.  Zoe isn't quite sure what to think of it yet.  Zoe loved Maddie, so maybe she will give the puppy a chance eventually.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 03:12:19 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25502 on: August 27, 2022, 05:10:55 AM »

hi you guys its 72 here 57 and cloudy in iceland

hi neva! such a cute puppy!!! so happy she got a good home!! takes time for a name get to know her. i bet zoe will like her just fine but when the girls showed up here cali was jealous so she got extra attention. she likes to play with them times she does not. such a cute girl those eyes! hay what about eden? does she have puppy love?

gotta go pearl was sick yesterday had a fever i found the butes i had and gave her two and stayed out there with her till about 8 pm it was falling then this morning its good and she is too. ty god

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/02055D5A8725
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25503 on: August 27, 2022, 09:44:21 AM »

6:36 Did it a while ago when I got up.  Boss just got here for the day and overnight too.  Debbie off duty today with her friend Molly.  The pollinator garden lady.  They are off to get pollinator plants for Debbie to grow.  I thought they were going for seeds, but I was wrong.
Not sure what Boss and I will do today.  I have several ideas in mind.  All include being outside on this great day.  Fishing mat be happening later.  First I think I will try to walk him in the neighborhood.  Need your prayers he does not bolt for me.  Well here I go. GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25504 on: August 27, 2022, 10:38:09 AM »

hi joho you be careful with boss! dont want harm to come to either of you!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25505 on: August 27, 2022, 07:31:46 PM »

Well we made through the day. The walk was scarry.  He was sitting and staying to let a little dog pass way across the street.  Only the dog did not pass.  Instead he lunged toward us barking.  This was more than Boss could ignore.  He strongly started toward the  dog, and I had to restrain him firmly.  So much for walking the area.  Too many dogs for him to fixate on.  Now he saw a man way across the commons from us putting his sun shades down then up and just being busy.  Boss is barking very loudly about this activity.  He has not been a barker.  So he has not learned the "quiet" command.  He has a strong bark.
I am watching the Browns preseason against the Chicago Bears.  The bears are winning.  Our defense and our offense do not look good.  The refs are working very hard too.  They will wear out the whistles if things don't improve. LOL
I do not know where boss will sleep.  He sleeps in Debbie's bed at home, but not in my bed.  I will try to keep him in his enormous kennel I bought.  He has been in it but not for long. I will put my shirt in with him and lock him in.  I think he will sleep.  I get up three times in the night so I will check on him.
Well back to the Browns now in the other room.  cUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #25506 on: August 28, 2022, 05:35:47 AM »

hi you guys it is 72 here humid raining lightly but i hear thunder now 75 in the barn ac running. it mostly cloudy and 56 in iceland.

Hi joho! i could never take penny or brownie really to the vet. jim has to go they would have an easy time of dragging me where ever. brownie very aggressive too muzzle her at vet. penny screams and pees all over. they are nuts but you know still our dogs. good i keep lots of medicine on hand able to vaccinate them here at home get the vaccines at my feed store. i think you should of have slept in that jumbo kennel gave boss your bed! i would say you should not walk him around there gotta keep him and you safe. little dogs they sometimes tend to think they are not so little. griz woke my up at 1 am he was moaning he had to pee so everyone got up and went out. did the brownies win? chiefs won their last preseason game i watched keeping up appearances on pbs hya rose richard onslow daisy that show makes me laugh out loud at times so funny.

hi neva! i checked and the first dragon house did record i will wait and have a few then watch them fast forward any bad parts i do not want to see like a hurt dragon. people are okay but not the dragons. how is puppy doing?

GB Ukraine!!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D7055D503645

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25507 on: August 28, 2022, 06:39:47 AM »

6:32 Boss did good all night.  Went in at 10pm and went out at 6:30 am.  Was good dog.  I can't walk him around block yet, but Debbie will help me learn to take him out.  He did lay down for me when the little was dog was approaching, but when the little dog barked and lunged at him he could not resist.  Hurt my shins with retractable cable  lead.  Went around my legs. Could have knocked me down.  Can't risk that, because he might have got away then and run into traffic.  Of course he would have done for that little loud mouth first I imagine. LOL  I don't think he would hurt it, but he would definitely approach and shut him up for sure.
Morning was and is good he went calmly out to pee and look around.  He had a small snack from his bowl, and  layed down nearby while I ate my cereal at the table.  He knows to stay away from the table during meals. He is done gnawing on his baked bone.  Now going for a drink and a nap I think.  Have to go take care of him. So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25508 on: August 28, 2022, 05:55:14 PM »

hi joho yay you boss little loud mouth okay! you must be able to control him your new knees your back and yes boss could of been out in traffic! i know you dont want that. extreme caution needed for many animals esp us. what a good boy he is! his mom should be so proud.  :) i just ate i eat in my room make a cheese sandwich for my dogs tear it up in pieces dole it out. griz had a hard time walking i checked his nails so very long! i snuck up on him he was in his bed in kitchen. i got on the floor laid on him had too got all them long nails cut cleaned out his eyes put in drops let him up he went out in the heat peed pooped came back,in walking way better and wanted to go to bed so i let him my room he got on the bed so some dogs are sol will have to sleep on grizs ottomans boy got the big bed room for him me and cali two big ottomans for penny brownie. so relieved it was grizs nails but need my butt kicked let them get that long shingle ad on tv.  i still feel off from that first shingle shot. gb ukraine

neva

« Reply #25509 on: August 28, 2022, 06:37:15 PM »

Garden Arches ...  34:35 
  Daffodils ...    39:15        97°  (3:43)   Mostly sunny with a few clouds and a mild breeze.  Alexa says we have a 15% chance to come up with a rain storm in the next 15 minutes ... or, forget about it ...

Maddie was the last dog, or pet of any kind I let sleep in my room and then she had a special rug and slept on that, on the floor.  I have usually found that letting them sleep in, or on, my bed was too warm for me.  Now I let Zoe come in, once in a blue moon and check the room out for herself for a bit.  No cats! ... they sleep in other bedrooms.  Plus, with asthma, I don't need fur in my room.  Weird but my doctor had all my allergies tested and somehow, I am allergic to cats, but not dogs.  I'm glad it was not the other way around if it had to be one or the other.  I take shots, so I'm pretty much okay anyway.

So, Joho ... how is it working out with the Kennel that you bought?  Does he accept it? 
That is one of the problems with walking your dog, your dog may be trained, but other dogs, maybe not so much. 

I'm kind of like you Cal ... Watching a story, "but what happened to the dog??!!  What happened to the Dragon?!

I watched on the news in the last couple of days a family that walked up through the jungle of Venezuela with their kids, also brought their dog.  They didn't abandon him, even though the trip would have been easier without him, and I just loved that.  He was family.

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25510 on: August 29, 2022, 05:11:17 AM »

Mothers on the Move - UPDATE August 28, 2022

Cinna standing up for a better look
We hope hunters will spare the nine mothers with cubs that have been spotted in the study area in the last week. In addition to recent spottings of Lily, Jewel, Pixie, Katrina, Carolyn, and Cinna; four more were spotted in the last four days: 19-year-old Colleen with 2 cubs, 16-year-old Bow with 2 cubs, 13-year-old Star with 2 cubs, and 10-year-old Vanna with 3 cubs. That makes ten mothers with 25 cubs.

Cinna
Cinna

Cinna is a non-clan bear whose non-clan mother (Kimani) has been seen each year 2018-2021. In 4-year-old Cinna, we see her mother’s ferocious manner. She puts the run on males that come to close to her cubs and even dives in and bites them. She concentrates her feeding on the single feeding spot that her mother showed her back in 2018 when we took her ID picture (not shown). Her scats show she is still eating mainly chokecherries and pin cherries when she is not here. The pictures are of her and her three cubs this year.

Cinna and her cubs
Cinna and her cubs
Cinna's cub
Cinna's cub
After 55 years, the bears are still building our understanding by revealing individual personalities and behavioral nuances. Insights into their minds and mannerisms are always intriguing. Among our biggest joys is seeing bears drastically change course members’ views and beliefs about them. A joy today was seeing a previous bear course participant spread her husband’s ashes across the ground where she and her husband had ‘life-changing’ experiences that were among the most memorable of their lives together.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25511 on: August 29, 2022, 05:25:15 AM »

hi you guys its 78 here hot and humid  :( 54 and raining in iceland. update is scary oh a hunter will not care at all if he kills a mom bear not a all. i hate sept for that. 

Hi Neva! penny on the pred helping her allergies alot but she peed all over my room last night i got up at one am and stepped in a lake of pee griz woke up i went to the bathroom and he fell off my bed which is a fall. got him up he did not want to go outside which was good he got back up on his own bed the ottoman not nearly as high as my bed. i have one up against the side of my bed he uses that to get up on my bed. i would get too hot too with the dogs laying up against me and a couple of cats but i keep my room pretty cold in the winter window open and fan in window going ceiling fan too . cats give me the eye.  my mom was allergic to cats but had tons of them no shot she just went with it.  my uncle and cousins really allergic to cats my granny had one and they had to wear a mask there goes my boy in the kitchen and now the kitchen coyotees are going at it.

GB Ukraine! and get those bears all of them up and safe

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/01055D54E762

johoward

« Reply #25512 on: August 29, 2022, 10:07:22 AM »

Finally got a chance for the puzzle.  Thank you Cal.  Good morning Neva et al.  7:19.  Not my best work. LOL
Went for long sweaty walk yesterday.  My knee hurt all night.  This is new.  Bike riding did not cause any pain.  I will keep up walking, and hope I can "walk it out".  With the cooler evenings and mornings I should be able to walk comfortably.  Dr. did offer additional therapy, but I declined because I thought the bike would get me in shape for walking.  This is a disappointing setback.  I need to walk more I guess, and I will.
Walked a ways this morning and knee does not hurt now. TYG. 
Starting to think of lunch so I will go see what I have and start cooking.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #25513 on: August 29, 2022, 08:50:55 PM »

Ski Time ...  32:31    98°  (6:00 pm)   Sunny, windy and not a chance of rain.  We are about at the end of the Monsoon Season.

Hi you two. 

We are having fun with the new puppy.  Her name is 'Harlow'.  She seems to be a quick learner.  We have been busy 'baby-proofing' the house   😟   

Joho, do you suppose the doctor could re-offer a bit of therapy for your knee, if you asked or discussed it with him?

Cal,  The cats here are all indoor cats and so their frame of reference is themselves, Zoe and us.  They are staring at Harlow and trying to figure out what Harlow is.   They stare at Harlow, and back at Zoe and back and forth...   "What the heck is that?!"  I think they all think that Zoe is a part of their Cat tribe. 

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25514 on: August 30, 2022, 05:09:59 AM »

hi you guys its 72 here when i open the door to let the dogs out i first thought oh no fire but just thick fog   54 and raining in iceland. dogs going at it. Griz was sleeping in my spot on the bed i had to lay in the middle of my bed. he woke up at ten and i got him off he got a drink and went to his own bed. 

hi joho! Hope your knee is better today. try to not undo all the work you did on it. you worked really hard.

hi neva! love harlow for her name and yes i get it that the cats think zoe one of them my dogs know the difference between bedroom cats and when retro runs in to the kitchen from the laundry room hay there is a cat!! retro try to catch me if you can you dogs. but he runs back in the laundry room. hope the potty training is going well i always had a time with that but big dogs tend to just have that built in we want to go out to pee. now chewing up stuff different story. that is the worse.

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/50055D57BB19?z=0