Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 629768 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23055 on: February 26, 2021, 09:15:00 AM »

Hi ev1,
5:24 good for me.  Pretty short Cal.  Hope you are OK. 10 o'clock here. Nice day frosty to start, but warming up with no rain.  Got car washed yesterday.  So I hope for a few days of dry roads. We will see.  Not much else to comment on.  Feelin good now.  Had a very runny nose for most of yesterday, but gone now.  White blood cells must have won.
CUL GB

ruesgram

« Reply #23056 on: February 26, 2021, 09:57:35 AM »

Hi Jewelies! We are showered and dressed and ready to go get our shot! Now we have to wait 2 hours before our appointment time! Lol! I hope it goes smoothly. Yesterday was a mess for the ones, including my sis and bil, getting their shots out at the college. There was a huge back up of cars trying to get into the college parking lot.  Apparently someone dropped the ball. The shots were rescheduled from last Thursday because of the snow. But there were also people there for their 2nd shots! The 2nd shots were supposed to be rescheduled for today! Someone forgot to tell those people of the change in day! I bet there was some cussing going on when those folks had to go home and come back today. Bbl!

johoward

« Reply #23057 on: February 26, 2021, 01:19:08 PM »

Hi ev1,  I see quite a difference between Spanky's bed and Tasha's bed.  I feel like I should run up there and put some straw in for him.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23059 on: February 27, 2021, 06:40:54 AM »

hi jewelies it is 32 here heavy fog slick sidewalk 2 raccoonies. spankys tongue looks okay to me then saw jeweles and wow but he seems to be doing okay. did he go out in that video and come back in? lots of raking

hi rues! i hope you guys got your shots okay yesterday! gov parson our gov taking heat on not getting vaccines out in rural areas they has vaccines in a town about 2 hours away and tons of people from kc drove there to get one.  :( i did not watch blacklist last night will sometime today it was recorded i hope no harm to any animals on it.

hi joho  i feel like i too need to give spanky some of that old hay i got in the barn. he is really raking.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C817058FC8F?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

ruesgram

« Reply #23060 on: February 27, 2021, 08:24:33 AM »

Cal, no problems getting our shots yesterday. We were herded in and out like a herd of cows! Everyone wore masks but not much social distancing going on, especially riding in the elevator to the area where the shots were given. We go back for 2nd shot March 26, same time, same place. Just a little soreness in the arm today. Everyone was so happy to be getting the shot.  No animals were hurt in last night's Blacklist. No Liz either but looks like she will be back next week. I watched the Jewel video! That girl has one long tongue!

calihoula

« Reply #23061 on: February 27, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »

hi rues! so happy you guys got the shot and set up for next one. i watched blacklist it was so good sad to. red got some money back  :) and yes looks like liz is back next week and looks like red got the jump on her i can only hope!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #23062 on: February 27, 2021, 04:13:21 PM »

Hi ev1,

Good news Rues. Pretty soon our other jewlies will be vaccinated I think.  Now if we ever run into each other in Amish Country we can safely say hi.
  Such a nice Sat. here. I feel like going out and about.  Rain stopped this morning about 10am.  Sun has been out since noon, and very warm.  Don't even need a sweater.  Lake is ice free now. Most snow piles are gone. Robins all over the place.  It is a Spring day today. YAY!  Been too long.  Those eagles are sure tough to go through the big cold snows like they do.  Maybe they won't have too many more big snows now.  That Spanky is a real boy bear.  Trying to make bed out of dirt, one stick and three leaves. Then drinking his pee puddle for what ever reason. Why not eat snow? What a roughneck.  The PA mom and cubs seem a little more refined.
 I am glad to see these two cams, but they do not compare with the old den cams with real dens in the forest.  I think Spanky will not be in his den much longer. I hope he goes out and rolls in the snow first thing.

Hope ev1 is ok.  GB

calhound

calhound

« Reply #23064 on: February 28, 2021, 06:06:43 AM »

hi jewelies it is 49 here 53 in the barn 3 raccoonies they ran up to me cookie yes yes got the cookies handed each one cookies.. pearl where is MY cookie yes yes sweets yes yes birds yes yes lots of cookies big can of dry dog food pearls sweets hay jim even carried it out for me this morning nice big full moon. love the update sure wish i could post it again but still a big no on that. love woodchuck and spot just so cute dr rogers like us lots of animals to feed lots depend on him and he too loves it loves the trust we got with them i do.

hi joho! well i have no idea when i can get the vaccines looks like it may be awhile with the new out maybe i will get it faster i sure hope so. been nicer here too after that cold blast really nice. i saw sparky licking his urine he must of been real thirsty just dont know what one will do if desperate you know. but i saw him go out and eat snow so that was better. now he knows not far too go get some snow but soon it will melt maybe drink that water. he will probably be leaving soon oh no there goes griz. jim will be telling him to shut up oh no penny and brownie have joined in big howling in the kitchen. yesterday very foggy and coyotes howling right close to the end of the dogs yard. i made them come back in the house. tims dogs barking and barking at them. i got sparkys cam up all the time in here now i told dr rogers how much i love seeing it when i come in here.

hi rues how is your arm today?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F816DCA6B5A?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23065 on: February 28, 2021, 08:04:03 AM »

40 degrees and rainy this morning.  5:44 on puzzle  Good link to update.  Nice to hear how your pack is doing.  They all love their cookies and you.  Is Pearl now safe from the racoon disease she had? Thanks for your nice post. 
CUL Coffee is cooling.  GB

calihoula

« Reply #23066 on: February 28, 2021, 09:46:10 AM »

hi joho! pearls diseased mainly caused from possums possums go to the bathroom on pearls food raccoons can pick it up from possums poor possums so lots of horses get it cause they have to eat but most horses immune system can handle it pearls could not first horse i ever had that got this joe knows other horses with it like pearl and like them i just keep her on it all the time very expensive but her life is worth it her being so happy heathy she could be fine without it but after seeing her down so bad near death we choose to give her the medicine. i give her heathyE vitamin e too helps restore nerve damage caused by that disease. angry dr lehr had no clue what she had or was honest about that but got dr chaeffer who did. we keep her hay in the kitchen. it comes wrapped in plastic stored the pallet in jims shop covered he gets two at time put it in a big tub i got at walmart i put flakes in another smaller tub or laundry basket take it out to the barn. my raccoonies stay up front in the barn not seen them back by pearl one followed me once pearl ran it out of her area.  she is not sick anymore and does not like to share her space. she is unruly too not to me never to me she is nicer to jim now too. sweets well he likes jim feeding him cookies but no petting me! rams the wall.  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23067 on: February 28, 2021, 12:54:50 PM »

joho i get another possum in my barn i will feed it like i always have. as long as pearl on this medicine she will be okay from it and like i said possum in my barn stay up front too they come back by pearl get out pearl says. i had a baby possum once so cute would sneak out of the old hay get dog food cookies i have not seen one in the barn for awhile seen one out front.  come nice weather jim will go back to mowing up in our hayfield again dry out rake it by hand we put it in big boxes set them on the kitchen table smells like cut hay in there. pearl has fresh cut grass sweets too. cheaper too. but those 50 lb compressed orchard grass we got in jims shop good too and rainy days cant mow still have those. 

ruesgram

« Reply #23068 on: February 28, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »

Hi Cal! My arm isn't sore at all today. My sister said hers was only sore for a day, too. Funny thing...I was talking to a very nice lady who was in line with me for our shots. She said her 80 yr old husband had his shots a month ago. He did fine with his shots except after the second shot his toe nails hurt! She was hoping that would be the only side effect she would have, too!  I didn't know this but apparently some one not on the list can come to the vaccine clinics and wait and see if there are any leftover shots after the clinic closes. I read this info on the county health dept's Facebook page.   Glad that Pearl is ok! I didn't realize possums were involved! Thanks for the link to the bear cam. Can't imagine drinking one's urine! But sometimes you got to do what you got to do! I'm sure Spanky knows what he needs!

Jo, yesterday was a very nice day here, too! Warm and sunny. Lots of birds singing. The last couple mornings I heard mourning doves cooing. That has to mean spring is near! Today is a very rainy day. Not as warm as yesterday but 55 isn't bad! We could get over 3 inches of rain by tomorrow morning when it's all supposed to be gone! You mentioned the lakes being ice free. I've mentioned our  tv weather guy before and here's another thing he told us...every winter we start seeing  white gulls flying around the river and parking lots. Gulls aren't native here! Weather guy says they come here searching for open waters when the Great Lakes are frozen!  My smarty pants hubby told me a different story a long time ago when I noticed the gulls and wondered why they were here. He told me they hitched a ride on a southern barge heading north up the river! Lol! I didn't believe him! I did believe my dad when he told me chocolate milk came from brown cows! Lol!

Have a nice day! Stay safe! :)

calihoula

« Reply #23069 on: February 28, 2021, 02:35:31 PM »

hi rues! i liked reading about you guys getting your shots. hope on the second one your toe nail be okay! :) although a sore toenail is painful i would rather have a sore arm. vaccine lurkers. i lost that walmart deal but found it online i started filling it out showed walmarts by me schedule an appt okay when i hit cont said not available at this walmart check back all of them said that. so maybe they will get that new one shot one. pearls disease causes parasites that get into her central nervous system her spinal cord awful made her lean stumble eyes goes back and forth fall down we would try to get her up last time she was down for over ten hours leg turning purple from weight horses should never be down for that long at all i was very upset begging god we turned her every two hours during that ten got help here then rolling her over she popped on up i went in and called holt animal clinic dr said he thought she had epm we went right over got medicine she was better next morning the medicine breaks through the blood brain barrier killed those parasites  but horses can get them again so just leave her on the medicine. justin came to help he was there when she popped up he goes sees her when he comes over and always says that is not the same horse at all i said i begged god he said looks like you was heard. i worry about colic its worse really horse rolls twist its guts die no fix for it pearl inside she doesnt roll inside. i brush her twice a day her back belly chest so helps her not need to roll and she loves it. horses are alot of work and not cheap missys daughter oh i want a horse missy said forget it!