Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Bob Anderson  (Read 36845 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Bob Anderson
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »

GM All. 

To share, I'm copy/pasting a comment from Amy/RRP regarding this photo of Bob and his Falcon, Coco, from the RRP FB post (a public FB page that does not require FB account to view).  This photo and comment can all be found at:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raptor-Resource-Project/103786266324668#!/pages/Raptor-Resource-Project/103786266324668

This comment from Amy adds a little more info about this particular Falcon, Coco.

Raptor Resource Project - That is peregrine falcon Coco, the last falcon he flew. He was absolutely dedicated to falconry and was a master falconer in addition to everything else he did.  2 hrs

This is a copy/paste from the comments on that same FB page from Sherri Elliott, also from about a couple of hours ago:

Sherri Elliott - Everyone at RRP wishes to express our heartfelt thanks for the thousands of kind comments, memories, and notes of sympathy that you all are posting to us while we grieve the passing of our beloved and dear friend, colleague and mentor, Bob Anderson. We have been lifted in our own grief by the many ways you are supporting Bob's vision, goals and dreams to assist in implementing the projects Bob had outlined both immediately for next season and in the future as a way to honor and pay tribute to his legacy.

The raptor community is also paying tribute to Bob and we sincerely thank Marge Cahak Gibson of REGI (Raptor Education Group), Al Cecere (American Eagle Foundation); Kay Neuman of SOAR - Saving Our Avian Resources; and to @Neil Rettig /@Neil Rettig Productions for their beautiful accolades and remembrances of Bob, as well as many other eagle fan Facebook pages, plus so many emails, personal notes and letters from other falcon and eagle colleagues who have been impacted by Bob's vision and lifetime work. We can't begin to thank you enough! RRP will carry on, and it will take every single one of us to try and fill those huge footprints he has left to fill, but we ALL will do it and continue to educate, advocate, protect and preserve. heart emoticon   2 hrs

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:49:08 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »

It was winter in that picture of Bob from S.O.A.R., maybe it's one he rescued.

baziunc

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »

Yay!  Thank you Amy!  As of a few minutes ago, Amy/RRP has put the following comment on the RRP FB page (public page - all can view it) with a link to the petition for the Presidential Citizens Medal for Bob that was posted in Forum earlier by Godiva and others.  That will help more people see it.  Wish they would add a link to it in the FB post  with that pic of Bob so it wouldn't get buried in the comments as more comments are added.  P.S.  200 signatures showing right now.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raptor-Resource-Project/103786266324668

Raptor Resource Project ... everyone ..., the correct link for the petition for a Citizens Medal is
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bob-anderson-deserves-posthumous-presidential-citizens-medal-his-work-american-raptor-restoration      You can also use this short url: https://goo.gl/iY3CC2  . Thank you!

Bob Anderson deserves a posthumous Presidential Citizens Medal for his work...

petitions.whitehouse.gov

(7 mins)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:24:07 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2015, 02:47:39 PM »

1447 - it's up to 213, word just needs to get out  :)

baziunc

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »

1447 - it's up to 213, word just needs to get out  :)

So true, Nora.  That's one reason I have been re-posting it.  I know everyone doesn't look back very far in threads sometimes, so maybe it will help with awareness to bring it forward again in the posts.   :)

godiva36

• Decorah eagle watcher since April 5, 2011
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »

baz - every time I see that pic of Bob I want to hug and kiss him. :-* :D I see they spelled the falcon's name without the "a" at the end. I see the wording hasn't been changed in the petition yet from bring to brink.
Beautiful, historic Georgetown, KY

baziunc

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2015, 03:21:59 PM »

baz - every time I see that pic of Bob I want to hug and kiss him. :-* :D I see they spelled the falcon's name without the "a" at the end. I see the wording hasn't been changed in the petition yet from bring to brink.

Godiva, I noticed those spelling things, too.  That's one reason I posted Amy's RRP FB comment today about Bob's photo with Coco, the PF.  It has the correct spelling in it.

godiva36

• Decorah eagle watcher since April 5, 2011
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »

I will be posting this facebook question and answer section in multi rooms so everybody can see it. ;D

Q: (by poster) I know there has been some talk of wanting the service on live feed. Is that possible for those that can not make the service? If not we all truley understand the wishes of the family.

A: (by RRP) I will talk to the family about it. If they say yes, we will see if it is technically possible for streaming or recording for later broadcast.

A; (by Sherri E.) The suggestion of a live feed to air the Celebration of Life service for Bob on August 8th will be a decision made by Bob's family and RRP. While we recognize that many would like to be a part of the sendoff for Bob, we have to remember that he was a pretty humble, no fuss, kind of guy, so we will be guided by the direction of his family and will let you all know when a decision has been made. We'll keep you all posted in the days ahead.

We also encourage each one of you who are too far in geographic distance to attend, to be with Bob in spirit and there are many ways you can quietly, contemplatively, honor him on that day in that hour. I will not be able to be there, but I have my own tribute planned ... I'll be planting a Cottonwood tree on my property in his honor. There are many ways we can each do an act that is befitting how much Bob has meant to us.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:13:30 PM by godiva36 »
Beautiful, historic Georgetown, KY

baziunc

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2015, 04:24:45 PM »

Thanks, Godiva!  :)

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2015, 04:27:00 PM »

I'd like to see Bob's memorial service live streamed on ustream.
Shouldnt be too hard to do!
ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

baziunc

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »

I'd like to see Bob's memorial service live streamed on ustream.
Shouldnt be too hard to do!

Shep, Godiva posted what Amy/RRP said about that a few posts above.

Ginger52

• E Central IA
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2015, 11:26:01 PM »

Posted on Facebook page of White-Bellied Sea-Eagles on July 28.  They also shared RRP's post announcing Bob's passing.  https://www.facebook.com/Sea.EagleCAM?__nodl

Sea-EagleCAM team would like to send condolences to the family and friends of Bob Anderson highly respected director of the Decorah, Iowa based Raptor Resource Project.
Bob will be remembered for his lifetime passion to his beloved peregrines. His work saving them from near extinction inspired many. Bob's passing leaves an indelible mark on the avian community.

And He will raise you up on eagles' wings
Bear you on the breath of dawn
Make you to shine like the sun
And hold you in the palm of His hand... (? Michael Joncas)

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2015, 03:52:43 AM »

Soaring eagles

Mandy and Jonathon July 1, 2013 below nest box on cliff
Identified by RRP by band numbers
Offspring of Michele and Travis
Peregrin falcon fledglings, Mississippi River, Minnesota

I thought I'd share these from my files
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:11:10 AM by shep »
ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

karengramke

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2015, 09:24:05 AM »

Once the petition is posted, it cannot be changed.  We will all have to live with the errors! 

baziunc

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2015, 12:51:30 PM »

Thanks, Ginger, for sharing the tribute to Bob from the White-Bellied Sea Eagles CAM Team, posted on their FB page.

Shep, thank you for posting those thoughtful images here this morning.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up