BirdCam Forum > BirdCam General Information, Announcements & Forum Issues

Donating to the Raptor Resource Project

(1/1)

mrsfalcon:
We often get asked about how to donate and where the money goes. Other than a very small grant from the Fish and Wildlife Service for monitoring three peregrine falcon nests as part of the fifteen-year falcon delisting plan, we don?t receive any government grants or funding. We receive no money from the broadcast of ads on ustream, ustream premium, facebook, or youtube. We have left our website, blog, and our uploaded videos ads-free to enhance your viewing experience (and because we really don?t care for ads that much). Everything but monitoring three nests is paid for by your donations.

Would you consider a donation? We are humbled by the generosity of our supporters and assure you that contributions in any amount, no matter how small, benefit our ongoing mission of education, preservation and protection. Your tax deductible donation may be made online at paypal at http://goo.gl/JkxLwD. Or, if you prefer to donate offline, you can mail a check to The Raptor Resource Project, PO Box 16, Decorah, IA 52101.

So how do we put your donations to work? They cover the cost of our equipment, including cameras, wiring, computers, video cards, tools, connectivity, internet, transmitter and tracking equipment, software, nestbox building materials, climbing equipment, and bands and banding equipment. Our biggest costs are bandwidth (a good connection is expensive) and camera and computer equipment. We?re also helped by our wonderful volunteers. They generously assist with all of our programs, including camera installation and monitoring, nest box installation and site management, and falcon banding. A special shout-out to our camera operators and ustream and facebook moderators, who donate an incredible amount of time to provide a fun educational experience centered on the birds we watch. Their ability, support, and knowledge is amazing.

Thank you so much for your support! We couldn't do it without you!

A little more about us: The Raptor Resource Project is a 501c3 tax deductible organization. We create, improve, and directly monitor over 50 nest sites, including 42 falcon nest boxes and eyries, 5 kestrel nest boxes, 3 eagle nests, 2 owl nest boxes, and a turkey vulture nest. In addition to our field work, we provide training in nest site creation and management, and develop innovations in nest site viewing that bring people closer to the natural world. Our mission is to preserve and strengthen raptor populations, expand participation in raptor preservation, and help foster the next generation of preservationists. To read our 2013 report, click here: http://www.raptorresource.org/pdf/2013AnnualReport.pdf

Amy

mjot:
I just noticed this message today. RRP is certainly a worthwhile organization to support. I wish that I could donate millions. What I did do, was create the book "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew: Jacob's Story" and donated all profits to RRP. In a small way, it was something I could do by investing creativity and time. After initial donations to RRP, it was suggested that they continue with the Friends of the Fish Hatchery instead, at that time. I will get in touch with both Bob/Amy and Brian to look into whether there are more ways to use the book and plush eagle toy for RRP at this time.  ---Mary Jo

Nora in IA:
Even though the book was from a different year's eaglets it's an interesting kids' book MaryJo.  :)

mjot:
Nora, thank so much. You have been a great supporter! Actually, when I look back, 2011 was a special and classic year of eagle families, I think. Information is universally applicable, not only then but thereafter. And this year, there are three little eaglets again, and how they are growing!  Thank you again, Nora.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version