Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Favorite Videos and Links  (Read 25263 times)

Faith

Re: Favorite Videos and Links
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »

Speaking of Christmas (were we speaking of Christmas?;) , here is a powerful Christmas message in a simple scale

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200190687000105

or

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200190687000105

glogdog

• And He will raise you up on Eagles' wings!
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2014, 04:28:40 AM »

Here's a great video of Bald Eagles flying in Slow motion.  It really makes you appreciate the "power of wings". Oh, and a little bit of a surprise ending! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thEkFMaB5CA
glogdog

glogdog

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2014, 08:56:55 AM »

I've come here to this thread today as well as "From the Heart" thread to share with all of you what I consider to be a wonderful video.  When I first saw this video I was touched.  It's about bats.  Yes, bats.  I applaud any rehabbers like Bat World Sanctuary who literally save a life of an animal, whatever kind it is.  Bats probably have gotten "a bum wrap" over the years because of Dracula movies but "Lil' Drac" will capture your heart.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T84jdO8YrYA
glogdog

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 12:19:46 PM »

Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Faith

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2014, 05:27:16 PM »

eburg, you'll never do what again? lol

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2014, 10:26:08 PM »

Post same message on four threads! :P
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Faith

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2014, 06:19:29 AM »

It's a good way to make sure everyone sees it  ;)

glogdog

« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2014, 09:31:16 AM »

Ok folks.  Get ready for an absolutely beautiful, calm, relaxing nature video.  Thanks to a chatter named Grammybuttery for this.  Kudos too, to the photographer who captured all of this!  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/fdSVp9GFeS4
glogdog

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2014, 07:53:34 PM »

Ok folks.  Get ready for an absolutely beautiful, calm, relaxing nature video.  Thanks to a chatter named Grammybuttery for this.  Kudos too, to the photographer who captured all of this!  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/fdSVp9GFeS4
TY, glo.  It's a beautiful video.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2015, 02:02:48 PM »

For those who enjoy the PBS Nature documentaries and shows...

A new PBS Nature series (3-parts) started last night.  The series is "Animal Homes" and the first show in that series aired last night for the first time.  It is "The Nest" - all about bird nests of all different kinds around the world and how they are built and other info about bird nests.
  It was wonderful!  PBS often repeats their Nature shows, so you may have another chance to see it on TV, but it is already available onlineJust go to www.pbs.org and you will see the Nature series, and this first show in that series, titled, "The Nest."   Or...  use the direct link to that particular show via  http://video.pbs.org/video/2365460608/   (You do not need to have an account or sign in to view this show online!  I had to close the video screen on it with the "X" in the top right corner and then come back to the link to get the video to appear - but this may differ depending on device type and software you are using.  It may just have been a delay though because every time I click on that direct link since then, the video of that TV show is available to view.)   It's a wonderful show - 53 minutes long - and the PBS description reads as: "Bird nests come in all shapes and sizes, crafted from an inexhaustible diversity of materials. Each one is a remarkable work of art, built with just a beak! We begin with a museum collection of nests and branch out to scenes in the wild all over the world, where birds arrive at diverse nesting grounds to collect, compete for, reject, steal and begin to build with carefully selected materials."  In the first 15 minutes it shows an male Osprey returning to Connecticut from migration to its former nest site on a piling.  The nest is gone and the piling is completely bare, due to the nest having been destroyed by an October storm the previous Fall.  The male Osprey starts building a brand new stick nest on the same spot as its old nest.  His female mate fails to return from migration and he takes a new first-time-nester female mate who learns from the male.  They also fend off a male intruder successfully.  I mention that part of the show b/c it relates so much to watching our Decorah Bald Eagles Mom and Dad.  It is also a great opportunity to see how a large Osprey stick nest (they are up to 400 lbs) is started and built by scratch on a piling without a platform.  The show shows lots of other bird nests being constructed.  Be sure to see the Australian Brush Turkey - which is not at all related to the American Turkey, though they appear similar - it has a wild and crazy (LOL) nest building, egg laying, incubation, and hatching process unlike any other I have ever known of in the world of birds!!!  I won't give it away - you have to see it to believe it!  Anyway, this show also talks about and gives demonstrations about the strength of nests, nest materials, interior views of some unusual nests, and more.  It was a wonderful show and worth every minute to view it.  I hope you enjoy it!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:17:56 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

CodeCracker096

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2020, 10:05:37 AM »

Hiiiiiiiii