Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Puzzles, Games, and Fun Facts  (Read 115076 times)

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
Re: Puzzles, Games, and Fun Facts
« Reply #750 on: November 17, 2014, 09:06:16 PM »

Fractal Pinks Blues

247-piece triangles  71:15  (I never should have started that one.  I just opened it to see what the pieces looked like and started putzing with it and got hooked  :D )

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F916840BE7D?z=33

Here this is easier...

50-piece tri-clip  4:20

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F916840BE7D?z=22

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #751 on: November 17, 2014, 10:37:51 PM »

Fractal Pinks Blues

Here this is easier...

50-piece tri-clip  4:20

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F916840BE7D?z=22

4:44 on the 50-piece.  Might tackle the harder version later... don't wait up.   ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #752 on: November 18, 2014, 06:32:25 AM »

It took me 7:31 on the 50 piece puzzle.  I think I am too old to start the triangles.

baziunc

« Reply #753 on: November 18, 2014, 10:11:52 AM »

It took me 7:31 on the 50 piece puzzle.  I think I am too old to start the triangles.

jpalmken, LOL.  No way that you are too old!  I saw your Fractal Butterfly and Tiger times, and I wouldn't even try that tiger after I had so much trouble with the butterfly - even though they were so pretty.  LOL.  For some reason I don't have trouble with the triangle shapes, but I sure do with the stars! I don't think it has anything to do with age.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Nora in IA

« Reply #754 on: November 18, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »

I don't blame you JP.  I tried their daily puzzle in the next one down figuring it would take less time than the one I did here and I got to bed later than I wanted to, but danged if I was going to shut it  :D

Nora in IA

« Reply #755 on: November 18, 2014, 12:30:12 PM »

Sometimes I think it has to do with colors too Baz.  There are times I can do star ones real well and others I can't, same with other shapes.  :)

baziunc

« Reply #756 on: November 18, 2014, 12:52:05 PM »

jpalmken, I think I misunderstood your post about the triangles puzzle...  You must have been talking about that whopper of a 240-piece puzzle Nora posted the link to.  I thought you were talking about triangles in general.  Yep, I don't blame you either, and I'm probably not going to tackle it either.  LOL.

Nora, you have a lot of perseverence... LOL...  I used to finish reading books I wasn't enjoying, because I was determined to finish what I started.  But I discovered the joy of putting them down and out of my mind and moving on to something else.  Ha ha.  And, jpalmken, you may be right after all!  :D :D  (meaning that I think I got to the stage where I said life is too short - in terms of not finishing books I didn't enjoy.  LOL)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:54:43 PM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #757 on: November 18, 2014, 12:52:34 PM »

Sometimes I think it has to do with colors too Baz.  There are times I can do star ones real well and others I can't, same with other shapes.  :)

So true, Nora!

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #758 on: November 18, 2014, 03:51:26 PM »

Nora, That 240 piece puzzle floored me.  I  am a shape person, find colors very difficult, but I love challenges so I tackled the Fractal Pinks Blues.  I am not kidding. My time was 117:10. I finally had to sort them out by shapes and then attack.  That was not much help.  I will never go near that cut again.

ra

« Reply #759 on: November 18, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »

Jp... I can't believe you did that puzzle, you either Nora!!  I didn't even attempt it!  My eyes just can't handle those little pieces... I changed it to regular triangles.  lol

JP... Also, I can't believe you said you were too old!!  lol  You DID it!  You're not too old!   ;D
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

baziunc

« Reply #760 on: November 18, 2014, 06:34:18 PM »

Jp... I can't believe you did that puzzle, you either Nora!!  I didn't even attempt it!  lol

JP... Also, I can't believe you said you were too old!!  lol  You DID it!  You're not too old!   ;D

What ra said!  :D :D

Nora in IA

« Reply #761 on: November 18, 2014, 07:04:35 PM »

I just threw it in there for fun.  At least those triangles had edge pieces, whew.  And knobs and notches instead of just straight sides.

baziunc

« Reply #762 on: November 18, 2014, 08:45:04 PM »

I just threw it in there for fun.  At least those triangles had edge pieces, whew.  And knobs and notches instead of just straight sides.

LOL Nora!  Way to shake the room up!   :D ;) :D

Thanks for all the fun puzzles and posts from all in this thread.  I've been enjoying it.  Maybe I will take some time to learn how to make a puzzle here, too... any tips?

baziunc

« Reply #763 on: November 18, 2014, 09:30:50 PM »

Fractal Fox 5:50-something.  LOL.  I closed out the window and forgot the exact time before I could get over here to post it.  Oh lawww.   :D

Nora in IA

« Reply #764 on: November 18, 2014, 11:45:03 PM »

It sounds like a lot of steps, but once you do it, it's not hard and just becomes automatic  ;)

Go to http://www.jigzone.com and sign in.

Click on "upload your photos"  You have to create an album.  The past that opens gives you some pointers too.

Scroll down and click "continue"

Click "choose photo(s)" and then upload

Your album page opens and go over and click the "share" button

Scroll down to "link to the puzzle gallery" and click on your album name

Pick your puzzle cut (above the thumbnails)

Go to the thumbnail for your puzzle and click to open it

Highlight and copy the "address" at the top and paste the link into a post.  (And if you get stuck on anything give us a holler!)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 96   Go Up