Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:09:39 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by oldguy
KB - This is the second time this season that I have seen the multiple vortices tornado - both in SW Iowa, the other was the Minden tornado - 60 miles apart for locations.
This is not a common type of tornado -
The Video by Reed was near Preston, I think it was the same storm cell for Greenfield.  I had never seen the power windmills get damaged before by a storm.

on: Today at 08:55:48 PM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
2030 I was glad things seem ok here with the storms that came through NE Iowa around suppertime.  This was a quick shift change...

Mom came in quick and snuggled up...

on: Today at 08:47:17 PM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
Darn  :'(  It looks like #3 didn't make it.  We still have the other egg to go............

2038 feeding.  First two are eating just great!

on: Today at 08:16:23 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by kbshcb
Here is a drone video from Brett Adair of the damage at Greenfield, IA today...

5-21-2024 Greenfield, IA Horrific tornado damage   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew9mlhlGO9E

MPMom had a close encounter this afternoon - tornado lifted as it approached her town.

It appears that most of the storms have gone to our NE now, with current warning in Illinois and Wisconsin.

If you watch Reed's video you will see multiple vortices in the main funnel....amazing. I couldn't count all of them.

on: Today at 07:54:22 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by oldguy
Here is a drone video from Brett Adair of the damage at Greenfield, IA today...

5-21-2024 Greenfield, IA Horrific tornado damage   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew9mlhlGO9E

MPMom had a close encounter this afternoon - tornado lifted as it approached her town.

It appears that most of the storms have gone to our NE now, with current warning in Illinois and Wisconsin.

on: Today at 07:50:40 PM 

The Swedish Institute in Minneapolis...

both by Dave Riewe Photography

Glad you are home safe tig....I read there are lots of cars hydroplaning into the ditch

on: Today at 07:42:10 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by camperstig
bounce
Home safe. Had to dodge some flooding on the freeway and it was difficult to hear Miss Google maps at times, the rain was so hard.

SED

on: Today at 07:34:33 PM 
tsk said:
"KB   You have one heck of a lot of yard to keep up"

I like that saying tsk...yup I do, and that's only the front yard..the back is bigger. Gardening is good for the soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ZDVYzIhgc  Reed Timmer video of Iowa tornadoes.

windmills fall over like matchsticks.

BL - yep thanks just torrents of rain..

My work at gardening makes looking out at my neighbors back yard that much worse.....

this is my view from my upper deck and dining room: That's invasive garlic mustard lining her chain link fence. On my side it's full of creeping charlie...Both invade everyone else's yard so must stay on top of it almost daily. The MN Dept of Ag would not be happy.

on: Today at 07:13:43 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by LisaG1967
kb - Beautiful flowers in your yard.  Good idea to change your ENT appt that was this afternoon.

Lani - The big hole in the font/side of the ship where the bridge fell on it, is what amazed me. Thanks for the Royal update.  Yay for the name Finnegan!

tsk - I have a 3 month appointment at ENT on June 7th.  Regular check up for you?  We will need to compare notes on the tinnitus.    :D

tig - Enjoy your spa day!

clynn - Glad you are safe.  Cute pics of S&S.  Misty is the ice cube player here.  Beautiful eaglets!

baz - Waving at ya!

karen - Glad you had no other issues at the oil change. 

Lori - Thank you and miss you too!  Ooo, lots of yummy strawberry goodies.

E4E - Thank you  :)

Beakers, please be safe in this weather.

on: Today at 07:09:00 PM 
Started by calhound - Last post by calihoula
hi joho paul and his wife my heroes your bake beans sound good im eating a cheese sandwich with bbq sauce for later when i wake up hungry i have a blackberry jelly sandwich in my walmart sack hooked on handlebars of my knee scooter and little debbie fancy cakes. my bottle of diet dr pepper i was in the barn at little before three and really windy air funny color all them little bitty cedar trees my mom brought up years ago i planted in a row back by barn now huge thick like a fence facing south so blocks alot of wind planted bunch more in hay field facing north blocks north wind so i was emptying water outta big bucket that catches water from barn ac jim getting drain hose for it and run it out thru holes where stuff comes in for ac furnace i have to make few trips every time sky not looking so good i came in it rained hard could not hear the radio i got real close under tornado warning severe storms for shoot me indy take cover well im in the barn i thought i can go into sweets area its made of heavy steel and bottom thick wooden boards take indy with me then it stopped raining all quiet then jim was home came in i saw blue skies sun out  :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10