Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 638652 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28365 on: April 25, 2024, 12:20:10 PM »

hi joho i was in the barn oh its 8am indy dentist open called i need my healing cap tighten came loose last night we got 9 am oh i dont think i can make that we got 9:30 i will leave now see you indy got to check on dogs get my purse go got there and this nice lady came and got me she is really good been there for long time we walked past that crummy one i had monday spot my gum there is better since monday she turned that screw it did smart she said little break then another turn okay it kinda smarted too but better than monday then little break again she said its pretty loose so did it again all done good and tight. i thanked her many times headed back to my bank then home big storms coming but i beat it both ways not here yet i need to get dog food pop jim at remax signing papers on his dad place joho my dogs would eat your leftover pizza you can do it your like calihoula its food! my memory is good but when you love and love hard see your pet every day like sweets 14 years never forget that he brought me joy happiness love pain is just so much but its the price i pay for love and i would not change any of that not on any of my kids. its just so hard i let my mind take a little break from that pain. your school celebrating 100 years do you remember going to that first open house ? :)

i forgot to tell you this morning when i was in the barn little ticks are bad indy is sprayed dogs cats frontline so when i got to my dentist i felt one on my neck i held on to it and when i walking past area that one dental assit from monday i flicked it into her area i did feel bad for that little tick
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:51:38 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28366 on: April 25, 2024, 04:15:35 PM »

On Decorah eagle cam I just saw a single baby goose with a mom and dad.  I think it is the one I saw that jumped to the left from the eagle nest the other day, and was not seen again.
Ticks are not my friend.  Surly girl can have them. Yay for tick flicker.
 Taking so many tries to tighten tooth sounds wrong.
Never did get out today.  Fell asleep after pizza. Now fooling around on computer more than I should. I have no milk, bread, gas, or mail.  I did eat a lot of salty snacks and nuts after my nap, but I really GTG for tomorrow breakfast and gas at Sam's for $3.29. 
So CUL EV 1.  GTG and GBU

calihoula

« Reply #28367 on: April 25, 2024, 05:43:55 PM »

hi joho she tighten this cap deal that covers the hole for my tooth implant i get in two weeks where dr platte will put in my new tooth finally. i knew you would eat that pizza rainy here very windy hope power stays on but jim here extension cord by barn door generator will kick on that was a good investment indy have light radio no furnace but its 60 in there now if power goes out will be back on im so happy you saw that missing goose baby!! i needdry dog food raccoonies go thru lots of it cookies everyone goes thru those jim taking me to walmart in the morning if rain keeps up our msin roads be close flooding he leaves sat morning so go to store in morning. i spend more when im hungry and jim goes get to check out hay where did that come from i hope i can walk it okay just half of store will i have to walk. hope you got out got your food. i think ticks are pretty much friendless so i feel bad for them possums eat tons of them some birds do too i think that was price of our gas here too

hi paulie what did you do today? what is your weather and price of your gas?

hi neva please be okay
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28368 on: April 26, 2024, 05:39:41 AM »

my interenet is messed going in an out bbl bad storm here all night and right now
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28369 on: April 26, 2024, 06:04:22 AM »

break in weather

It’s D Day! - UPDATE APRIL 24, 2024

Donna, Lynn and Kate at the Bear Center
It’s Daughter and Donna Day with fishers and foxes and grackles all aglow. Animals gathered for a feast celebrating the arrival of daughter Kate who flew in from Michigan for an afternoon and morning of catching up and seeing what is happening.

Eagle nest
Eagle nest
Eagle on nest
Eagle on nest
A guest who did not show up for the celebration, though, was the eagle mate I figured was busy incubating. I’d always assumed that, but we thought we’d check. There she was, safe and secure, calmly watching us as we clicked from a distance. We believe she is well fed because her mate is still watching us put food out at the WRI, swooping in for his grab and go, and leaving in the direction of the nest. We’re now looking forward to counting the little heads that will be sticking up from the shoreline nest during the black bear field course pontoon rides this July and August (5 spots remaining).

New Fisher
New Fisher
 Fisher male
Fisher male
 Woodchuck w/broccoli
Woodchuck
Among the visitors at the WRI were the male fisher with the big white chest, and what might be another male with less white. As part of the celebration feast, the woodchuck got an extra big piece of broccoli, while Spanky and this juvenile male got their usual piles of sunflower seed hearts and peanut hearts. A happy chipmunk showed he got his share by pausing for a click of his or her full cheeks.

Juvenile male bear
Juvenile male bear
 Eastern Chipmunk
Eastern Chipmunk
On our way to check on the eagle, we saw what, for me, was the first snapping turtle on land this year. He was resting in a good sunny spot and stayed there for a quick click with the long lens.

Grackle male puffed up    Grackle males puffed up    Snapping Turtle
Grackle males puffed up   Snapping Turtle
Kate was getting good looks at some of the critters of her early years here and we all had a good time at the Bear Center and dinner out, with more about to happen today.

Thank you for being here with us, Kate, and thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28370 on: April 26, 2024, 06:06:30 AM »

johoward

« Reply #28371 on: April 26, 2024, 10:42:59 AM »

5:35 Brown Bear.
Hi EV1.  Did visit here with Karen last night.  We just watched a little TV.  We did make a plan to go to Chardon on Saturday for the Maple Festival.  Debbie is busy both days this weekend.  So she can't go.

I will go to the open house at my school for just a little while. Then head for Chardon for some PANCAKES!

Not much planned for today.  May take a ride on my bike when it warms up some.

Looked in on other cams.  Snowman not much.  One Grey squirrel.  Decorah Eagle Cam has a new mother goose in the nest.  She is distinctive with a spotted neck and head.  I think she has eggs. The North babies are looking comfy right now.  Yesterday one had a gob of castings dangling from his mouth on some fishline that he had swallowed, and could not get out. The chat mod said just don't worry about it the Decorah people will get it taken care of in due time. I only hope they did get it out.  Scary to think why it would not regurgitate like eagles do.  Amy has posted a message saying they are fully aware and still hoping nature will prevail.

So I will say bye for now EV1 GBU, Neva, Ukraine, Israel, and all who are sufferring this day.

calihoula

« Reply #28372 on: April 26, 2024, 01:21:05 PM »

hi joho barn flooded bad not at upper part of indys area where he eats gets a drink back by his door to out in his pasture. another storm,heading here but now no rain little sun tomorrow bigger storms tornado watch jim is worried he will be in florida and knows i will not go down to basement tornado stay away go to kansas i am irked at amys reponse to that baby with casting line hope nature will prevail  >:( why so nice when someone helps nature they need help i love dr rodgers and folks up there help wildlife all the time!!  did you get to the store? we went early this morning

johoward

« Reply #28373 on: April 26, 2024, 05:46:38 PM »

North babies looking comfortable today.  I do not see that string dangling, but could be bunched up in craw.  I hate to think why he cannot expel it in normal fashion like they do everyday.
It is nice out now.  65 and cloudy with only a small breeze.  Looks rainy for tonight, but then warm and sunny for the weekend. 
I did not go out today except to walk to the mailbox.  When I got back I still had the water bill in my pocket that I went there to mail. LOL
 So I think I will go out again, and maybe get a rotisserie chicken from Walmart for supper and to make a pot of soup.  I got the carrots and celery yesterday, and I have broth in the pantry.  I am cutting back on onions trying to stop burping so much.  So I am thinking of putting in some green beans and corn.  I don't use noodles.  They soak up too much of the broth.
Well almost 7 pm.  So I need to go.  CUL EV1 GBU

calhound

« Reply #28374 on: April 27, 2024, 05:01:52 AM »

hi you guys its 66 here 41 in ice 52 in kviv and 62 in the barn.

joho i would like for you to send me an email i am not sure if i have your right one. so please send me a hi in email then i will have it cause i want to send you an email jim is gone now till friday night i have to be extra careful i do not fall or get sick. i should not have to go anywhere went yesterday huge storm coming tonight sure wish it would go away i will hook up indys extension cord for his light and radio if generator goes on in the storm tonight. said high winds so pretty sure power will go out and not sure what my internet will be like in the morning with storm so may not be here  do you still have my email?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/81055D4D6B36?z=0

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28375 on: April 27, 2024, 09:27:41 AM »

Hi Cal, The other day you asked about weather here and gas price. Today cloudy with possible rain. Next week sunny and in the 80s. Gas is $3.89 a galleon.

I hope your tooth is feeing better. Agreed you be extra careful this week with Jim away and with possible storm tonight. Stay safe not sorry.

johoward

« Reply #28376 on: April 27, 2024, 09:47:43 AM »

5:10 Good morning EV1.
Cal, we are here for you each day. Keep your phone safe and handy.   Reach out if you are scared or hurt, and can't reach Jim or someone nearby.  We can alert the squad for you if we know where to call, and where you are at.  I don't.  Texting is faster than email. FYI.  Hopefully this week will pass quickly and safely.  You will be in my prayers.
Now I must go try to find out how to scan codes with my RAZR.  I think I can.  I just need some help getting started.  I will Google it, and then call Consumer Cellular if needed.
You all take care.  GBU.

calihoula

« Reply #28377 on: April 27, 2024, 10:07:00 AM »

hi paulie yes my tooth is better ty hope really better on the 7th of may when i go back you got nice weather gas little higher for you cloudy here but no rain yet

hi joho i was in the barn i emailed you back twice

calihoula

« Reply #28378 on: April 27, 2024, 07:05:14 PM »

hi you guys storm is knocking on my door i was worn out working in barn pellets hauling water etc my hip very sore again and i can only hope that tall mound indy stands on to eat get drink salt block does not flood losing battle i stumbled more than once got inside everyone fed saw my phone blinking it was message frim jims older sister cathy seeing if i was safe from storm call back oh no im so tired im sick then she said if you cant ill call tomorrow okay jim has told her i have lots of chore and really handicapped well tv out satellite signal issue pouring rain said we would get almost 4 inches tonight i could cry and more tomorrow jims sister she calls me honey 
 :( i turned off my phone it would beep cause of weather i aint going to the basement going to bed i got indys light radio hooked up if power goes out big storm over in kansas by polly heading into mo said winds 60mph big hail hope it fizzles out before it gets here rain is here now

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28379 on: April 27, 2024, 09:13:31 PM »

Cal, Good that your tooth is feeling better.
Not good at all that Jim is away all this week especially during the weather predicted in your area now.
I don't know you well because I post here only on occasion but I really must say God Bless you Cal and He watch over you because you have been through so much stress and loss recently. Now you have to deal with lots of rain possibly flooding the barn where indy is and maybe dangerous storms ... all while you're on your own while Jim's away.

Good advice from johoward. Keep your phone nearby. Put in your pocket.

Very nice of Jim's sister to call to check on you. Hopefully she or other family or friend can help you if the barn floods and you need help.

I don't post here much so I hope I'm not 'butting in' but my heavens when it rains it pours (no pun intended) and some blessings should be heading your way to help you. Stay strong but don't take chances.