Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 66839 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1035 on: October 24, 2023, 10:18:10 AM »

Good Morning  :)

LB, Best wishes with your x-ray today. All will be good. Another step done (no pun intended) and forward and next Monday for echo.

Thanks for explaining your work schedule. Whoa! Lol
It's understandable why anxiety is setting in for you. That's very normal I think. I would be too.
You'll feel better once your car's been inspected and you get another key.

God bless you about you feeling alone going through this. But you know what? You've got me/us here to talk to anyyyytime. Honest!
You've got my email address too.
Can you take your laptop to hospital with you so while you have time you can post here to let us know how you're doing and just "keep in touch"?  :)
I bet you'll get phone calls from your family and friends to check on you and talk. The hospital you're going to is one hour away from you home, correct?
If your PT people and Dr are the ones who told you that you can do this once home on your own focus of their words.

A question. Did you ask your girlfriend who leaves a bit of a distance from you if she could spend the first or second day or nights with you when you first return home?

Quotes: #1 .. Only 2 months away??!!  #2 is cute.

Phyl, I got onto the Forum easy today with no more issues. Yay.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 10:19:54 AM by paulie »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1036 on: October 24, 2023, 10:27:17 AM »

Good Morning...Happy Tuesday !

Currently 57F   High  79F  mostly sunny,  Low 56 F .

Paulie my cut/paste wasn't complete for last evening. I've corrected that and modified the  post above

{{{Dear LB]}}   you have a lot of folks with you, in spirit. Sounds like you actually  have  the home front all tied up. Can   you get Home Health Assistant (HHA)?    Your doc should have info.  I should think that info would have been supplied---only he might not have--- thinking you can recover at home on your own.  I have your surgery marked on my calendar. What's surgery time on 7th?
Just read Paulie below ---agree take you lap top w/you if  y ou can...chatting w/us will help take your mind off yourself.  ::)     

Haven't fed Maggie  breakfast yet.  And she'd beside herself .
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1037 on: October 24, 2023, 11:44:05 AM »

Phyl, Beautiful photo! Thanks. So peaceful too. While I was looking at it it almost felt like motion moving it forward. Very pretty.

Awww to Maggie. She had a hungry tummy.  :)

LB, Excellent suggestion from Phyl about a Home Health Assistant.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1038 on: October 24, 2023, 12:00:53 PM »

Some photos from here at home last night well actually 5:30 this morning.

Lots of adult doe have been coming here for years and then also with their young. A couple weeks ago two bucks were here with doe and young ones and all ate and walked around together. But now with Rut season beginning their behavior is changing.

The young stay with the bucks and keep eating. The doe run away. I say the doe are saying, "I'm still raising these young ones from last year. Forget about it buddy!" Lol

Looks like a 4-point so far. Antlers still growing. Don't know if more points will appear or not on this guy. There was a gorgeous 8-point here frequently a couple years ago.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1039 on: October 24, 2023, 12:05:10 PM »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1040 on: October 24, 2023, 01:51:21 PM »

I got home a little while ago seeing the surgeons assistant, One of the assistants  will be in the surgery with surgeon.  I am actually going to have PT and a nurse aid come to the house for about 2-3 weeks   MY insurance covers in house care but I worry because of copper. he is not friendly toward starangers. another thing I am worried about when the nurse and pt comes to visit. I will tell them not to pay attention to him.   
 I just dropped off for scripts that I wll need to take b4 and after surgery 1 a blood thinner and 2nd pain killer (both after surgery) and antibacterila soap and some kind of ointment for nose to take 2-3 days prior to surgery to prevent infections.  Not sure what time the surgery is but  she said they tend to be early so I can get PT in that afternoon/evening.  I will also have PT the next morning before I leave the hosptial .  I am not taking laptop but I am going to test signing in from phone and my notepad. when I log off here.  I just need to copy user id and password. I will bring those 2 with me since they are small.

Thanks for the kind words. I never asked my friend. I dont want to put her out.  SHe works too. Why cant my sister help. Her job is Part Time and only works to keep her busy she doesnt need to.  she lives 20 min away.  If I cant rely on family I dont want to put my friend out driving 2 hours or more each way  and she needs to work. I know she has vacation days but actually her daughter is giving birth in Novemeber so not dragging her away from a new grandchild. 

Oh guess what,  so far the people I know who had knee replacemnet surgery had staples.  Im not.  They will do a desolveble stitiched underneth the skin then some kind of adhesive upbove skin. WOW   maybe scar wont be so bad???? 

Thanks again. oh I got the key made up.  and thersday I will get car isnected. I need oils chnage too but that nneeds to wait $$$ I wont driving  much  after thursday.   LOL
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1041 on: October 24, 2023, 01:56:14 PM »

Test got in from phone. But so tiny l
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1042 on: October 24, 2023, 02:06:27 PM »

Test from my note pad I am good to go.  Soon as I'm conscientious enough I will post

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1043 on: October 24, 2023, 06:59:49 PM »

I have some washing mach problems gonna be a ways as I have to manually turn water on and off.

I'll return when I am able.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1044 on: October 24, 2023, 09:52:11 PM »

I got home a little while ago seeing the surgeons assistant, One of the assistants  will be in the surgery with surgeon.  I am actually going to have PT and a nurse aid come to the house for about 2-3 weeks   MY insurance covers in house care but I worry because of copper. he is not friendly toward starangers. another thing I am worried about when the nurse and pt comes to visit. I will tell them not to pay attention to him.   
 I just dropped off for scripts that I wll need to take b4 and after surgery 1 a blood thinner and 2nd pain killer (both after surgery) and antibacterila soap and some kind of ointment for nose to take 2-3 days prior to surgery to prevent infections.  Not sure what time the surgery is but  she said they tend to be early so I can get PT in that afternoon/evening.  I will also have PT the next morning before I leave the hosptial .  I am not taking laptop but I am going to test signing in from phone and my notepad. when I log off here.  I just need to copy user id and password. I will bring those 2 with me since they are small.

Thanks for the kind words. I never asked my friend. I dont want to put her out.  SHe works too. Why cant my sister help. Her job is Part Time and only works to keep her busy she doesnt need to.  she lives 20 min away.  If I cant rely on family I dont want to put my friend out driving 2 hours or more each way  and she needs to work. I know she has vacation days but actually her daughter is giving birth in Novemeber so not dragging her away from a new grandchild. 

Oh guess what,  so far the people I know who had knee replacemnet surgery had staples.  Im not.  They will do a desolveble stitiched underneth the skin then some kind of adhesive upbove skin. WOW   maybe scar wont be so bad???? 

Thanks again. oh I got the key made up.  and thersday I will get car isnected. I need oils chnage too but that nneeds to wait $$$ I wont driving  much  after thursday.   LOL
LB, Very good that you will have a nurse aid come to your house and have PT too and your insurance covers house care.

Does this mean you'll have someone staying at your house with you the entire day and night for a while to be sure you can get around okay by yourself especially the first few days after surgery? That would be good for you to have help and also when Copper has to go outside especially when you're at home the first days or weeks.

Can you get a crate for Copper then put in a cozy blanket for him and a toy or two to keep him in while the nurse aid is there or keep him in a different room with the door closed?

Good that you dropped off your scripts. A suggestion if I may about your pain meds. When my Dr spoke with me about me getting knee replaced he said it's imperative/ very important to take the pain meds on schedule and do not skip any even if you think you don't need them. I just want to pass that along to you.
Also maybe if anyone else on the Forum who has had or knows someone who's had knee replacement can add some info to this.

It's understandable why you didn't ask your friend to stay with you. Has your sister offered to stay with you? I really hope someone is or will be available to stay with you. Just me worrying about you.

A question: Who is driving you to the hospital and driving you home?

Nice about you getting dissolvable stitches vs staples. I don't know anything those things. I hadn't even thought about a scare!

Good for you getting another key made today and scheduled your car inspections. You're definitely taking care of business!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1045 on: October 24, 2023, 09:54:14 PM »

I have some washing mach problems gonna be a ways as I have to manually turn water on and off.

I'll return when I am able.
Phyl, Oh geez!! Sorry about your washing machine issue. You do what you have to do. That comes first for sure. I hope the issue is resolved for you without too much hassle.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1046 on: October 24, 2023, 10:05:14 PM »

Test from my note pad I am good to go.  Soon as I'm conscientious enough I will post
Good to both!!

Puff

« Reply #1047 on: October 25, 2023, 06:19:24 AM »

Morning LB Taking up Paulie's mention of others speaking up to add comments.  I've already done so but let me repeat. . .Between Tony and me there was a total of 2 hip, 3 and 2 knees, 1 shoulder that we went through.  For sure follow the pain medication routine.  You have to keep at the therapy and exercise.  If there's hurt you won't work as you should.

Two additional things:  Home nurse and home PT backup is standard here for about one month.  That is a real convenience and makes it all more doable for patient. If you can get into a car it goes back to you.

Also, I always feel the need to explain the 3 and 2 knees - I had the 2, Ton ended up have a third.  It was a replacement of a replacement.  About 6 weeks after surgery I did a fam trip to Mexico and he thought he'd like sitting in the sun for 4 days, so he came along.  Going out the door to get some spare towels from the cart, he slipped and went down on his knees on the newly cleaned and coated terazzo/saltillo tile floor.  Back home he started getting a swelling and tinge of ache.  Right, a replacement of the replacement.

They just halted my hip replacement for 6 months due to other med issues.  Maybe will switch to injections.   :(   Darn

You have a whole host of us pulling for an easy session of therapy.  Prayers

P     
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 06:21:59 AM by Puff »

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1048 on: October 25, 2023, 10:45:13 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, You're in office today being Wednesday. If I remember your schedule correctly. lol

Puff, My heavens you and Tony went through a lot with those surgeries! And oh my gosh he had to have a knee replacement to a replacement. That had to be very frustrating. Poor guy doing that twice for the same knee.

Wow to you having both knee replacements.

Sorry about your hip replacement being halted for 6 months and maybe switch to injections. You're a tough lady! I'm impressed.

Thanks for the info about pain med and keeping up with movement and exercise. That's pretty much what was explained to me. Dr said some people come into office after two weeks for checkup saying they still don't have good range of motion "but" they had stopped taking their pain med because they thought they didn't need it any more. I'm "still on the fence" as the saying goes about whether to do it or not.

What did you mean when you said to LB, "If you get into a car it goes back to you?"

I think of you sometimes when filling one of bird seed feeders because you mentioned in the past you have the same feeder. It's clear plastic, a pretty good size and has a dome with an overhang on it. It holds a lot too!

Phyl, I hope you got your washing maching and water turn off issue resolved.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1049 on: October 25, 2023, 05:57:05 PM »

Hi This may be long.   I am learning from Paulie  ;)

I got all my meds. Pain killer Oxycodone.  Says take 1-2 every 4 to 6 hours.   I have a weeks supply if I follow the rules. (40 pills)   So do I start with 1 then take another an hour later if still pain or do I start with 2??? of course if needed. but From what I hear I will need it.   So I will listen my question though is start with then take another. if still pain or go for the the max at first and take 2. 

I just thought of more question to ask surgeon which I will email when done with this post.  How many days does PT come and how mnany days does the nusr come.  I think the nurse just stays for an hour if that to make sure everything is ok. Oe of my questions is how long.  are they there for.  My cousin Husband actually owns a nursing car efacility where they provide equipment and nurses come. The only problem is he doesnt service my county.  But supposely he knows people  who own the same company (chain ) in my area.   I am covered.  I looked I get up to 60 days. I dont think I need someone to sleep over though. 

when talking to my father today  He aske dwhat is my plan do I have anyone to help me.  I told him it's me myself and I .  LOL  He was the one to bring up my cousin and to find ut about having a nurse for a few hours to ehp with things.  Then he said he can come by if I need help like with diswasher garbage etc. I then told him my brother offered to op by. This will answer your question Paulie.   I also told my father  I  ASKED my sister if she can stay with me the first day when I get home and the next day and she said.  NO.  SO no Paulie she did  not offer.  she didnt have to sleep over. JUst make sure I can get up n my bed and in and out of shower (bath tun type) But the nurse will help with that come to think of it 

So I will stop by my father before sometime and we will discuss more.  He also said between him and my brother they will have a plan.  The surgeon told me what will happen the day of surgery.  ....
Mostly likely it will be first thing in the am.  because they wil lwant PT to come and ge tme up and walking .  A social worker will come as well and get my living arrangements. ask all sorts of questions. Like do I ahve a dog. stairs? Live alone? what kind of showe?  everything about my living.  heehee same with  PT so they know what to w rork with .  THEY WILL NOT RELEASE ME IF THEY FEEL I CAN'T DO THIS ON MT OWN .  Their first goal is my safety.   MY T guy who I have been seeing things I got it and I could do it. I am strong and strong willed.  He thinks I got it!! I needed to hear that  (did I mention I have a crush on hm )  LOL  He is too young!!!! LOL I probably have this crush because he shows he cares and encourages me to push myslef but of course thats his job.  LOL

So maybe I will get a nurse to spend a few hours a day the first wwk.  I have ot ask more questions.  Oh I think I have surgery clearnace.  The only question I have is my cardologist is having me do the echo cardiogram (monday) but the surgeon said he gave clearance. I think the echo cardiogam is because my ekg showed a heart murmur and an extra hearbeat (ot it goes prematurely)  and he wants that to make sure ok on his end but overall I am good for surgery

So today is my last day of working in the office for a bit.  I work 1/2 the week next week and I am done for a month at least well maybe 3 weeks.

Long enought??? LOL
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 89   Go Up