Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 73063 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #990 on: October 19, 2023, 01:16:32 PM »

Hi LB, Paulie, Jicaji and Cheers family!
I hope you're all well and you don't mind me stopping in...  ;D

Paulie, I've read your awesome Elk post that was suggested by Karen in the Beak.
What an exciting moment and many more visits from Mr Bull and his family!
You're sharing his territory now, and you'll get to watch him, his harem and family grow.
Enjoy!  ;D  :-*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 01:35:09 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #991 on: October 19, 2023, 06:44:09 PM »

A "Good Evening' with SEDs  LB, Paulie and jicaji !

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #992 on: October 19, 2023, 06:57:07 PM »

I had to come back and read about the elks again  ;D I always thought Elks were out west like  the Montana area or even Colorado. Glad they are in PA as well. I was surprised when I read you saw the elks.  I think I will be visiting you more so now  at the cabin  ;)

I returned my heart monitor yesterday. (wednesday)  I got it on Monday when I had the EKG so wore on Monday and Tuesday so far nothing posted on portal.  I saw my primary dr today she will sin clearnce once she sees ekg and chest xray (I do that Tuesday)   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

BrokenLug

« Reply #993 on: October 19, 2023, 08:24:00 PM »

Quote from: paulie on Today at 12:39:27 PM
Hi! Wow! Thanks for all the comments and sharing excitement with me.

BrokenLug, I liked your pun! We heard about the Elk when we bought our land a bit over twenty years ago but they weren't in our area yet. During the construction of our log cabin (began about one year and a half ago after the pandemic lock down) is when the contractor and his guys who live around there mentioned the Elk were slowly moving down from Elk County.
The cabin is in Clearfield County.

Benezette PA is a big Elk viewing area and has a Visitor's Center. One of my daughter's went there years ago and said the locals there and Elk co-exist. Elk walk through town and yards and locals said sometimes they'd see someone's laundry that was drying on a clothes line would be on an Elk's antlers!!

Last year a road sign warning of Elk in area was posted on the road about a half mile from the cabin.
We had planned to go to Benezette some day but my husband said we don't have to go to see Elk there any more. True!

Thank you for the link you posted. Very interesting indeed.
Here's a link to Benezette.
https://visitpago.com/counties/elk-county/benezette/

Thanks BL for saying my description was awesome. Oh my it was!
And I'm very glad The male trusted and didn't see me as a threat!

I laughed reading your instructions on what to tell them boys!!
Trust me. I did!!
They said they'll hope to find shed elk antlers somewhere on our land.
The sheds of a Bull Elk ~ hard to find and retrieve them whole
Almost all the critters in that neck of the PA woods consume them.
PA Elk apparently and usually shed their antlers about mid-March.

Deep snow there with some healthy rough wooded terrain. Finding.

A recovered shed, properly preserved and mounted PA Bull Elk Rack mounted somewhere at the cabin does just feel so feel right imho.

The caption from Uncle George on this particular shed shelter, was, well kids be careful these tines could poke your eye out.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 09:40:14 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #994 on: October 19, 2023, 10:48:23 PM »

Hi, I apologize for not returning today to post elk pics my son sent to me. I will read previous posts tomorrow. I promise.

Long story short .. I hope. Yeah right it's me telling another story.  ::) Busy afternoon then I got a phone call about a dispute within the family. Mom need help. Okay. I listened patiently until after a long while of my being polite and trying to mediate it came down to this, You each will now be quiet. There's two sides or more to every story. The past is in the past. Let it go. Look forward. Move forward. Talk it out. It was. So okay now we're done and again let it go!! Family loves each other. We're done.

I'm worn out and I even kept my story short. I debated whether to post this but decided we're all friends here and my guess is at least one other person or maybe more reading this can relate. My heavens life can be exhausting sometimes.  :P :)

I wish you each a good nights sleep if not already Zzzzz.
I'll be back tomorrow and fingers crossed the elk pics will post.
Take care. SED

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #995 on: October 20, 2023, 12:30:57 AM »

{{{Hugs and prayers Paulie}}}I saw you had posted last, so I hope you don't mind if I send you a hug after your exhausting day. My mother died in 98' and prior to that, there was five of us, and we needed a mediator at times too. Let me say, Family will always be family. And in the end, as you said, "Family loves each other"  Amen to that.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #996 on: October 20, 2023, 02:28:39 AM »

{{{Paulie}}} Got to thinking about you as I was turning in for the night. And, thought I'd send an early Friday morning greeting your way.

No apologies necessary. Every now and then life's troubles seem to over flow. It's those times that having others to chat with helps.
 Families are as diverse and nations of the world. Squabbles are bound to happen. And, they are tiresome to the point one is emotionally drained.
But, in the end things work out and everyone loves  one another and always will.  Keeping you close in  prayer  and thought.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #997 on: October 20, 2023, 06:21:24 AM »

A happy  Friday morning to you all.

Hi LB glad the heart monitor is returned and nothing reported in the 'health portal' . Hope it stays that way.

{{{Paulie}}} hope you're feeling better this morning?

Hi  jicaji hope all is well

#IstandwithEvan

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #998 on: October 20, 2023, 06:51:09 AM »

Hi, I apologize for not returning today to post elk pics my son sent to me. I will read previous posts tomorrow. I promise.

Long story short .. I hope. Yeah right it's me telling another story.  ::) Busy afternoon then I got a phone call about a dispute within the family. Mom need help. Okay. I listened patiently until after a long while of my being polite and trying to mediate it came down to this, You each will now be quiet. There's two sides or more to every story. The past is in the past. Let it go. Look forward. Move forward. Talk it out. It was. So okay now we're done and again let it go!! Family loves each other. We're done.

I'm worn out and I even kept my story short. I debated whether to post this but decided we're all friends here and my guess is at least one other person or maybe more reading this can relate. My heavens life can be exhausting sometimes.  :P :)

I wish you each a good nights sleep if not already Zzzzz.
I'll be back tomorrow and fingers crossed the elk pics will post.
Take care. SED

Great advise, I need to pass this on to some family members.   Dispute fging on 4 years  NO sleep last night too much on my mind.  The nerves is setting in   On bright side I a mlosing weight again.  SInce I gained wait  I am down 16lb. in the lasy 3 week 6lbs.  I started taking Ozempic to help with weight lose.  t first I didnt think it was working but It's also mind game.  I would ear/snack even if I am not hungry I had to take a mental turn and double think and say why am I oing to eat I am not hungry and stop myself. Seems to be working now I have to saty with it.  LOL

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #999 on: October 20, 2023, 08:36:00 AM »

Good morning Paulie!  Just read your story recommended by Karen in the Beak!  Very exciting experience - you told your story so well - thank you!! ;D

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1000 on: October 20, 2023, 08:21:26 PM »

What a busy day and evening!! I ended up doing things I hadn't planned with granddaughters getting out of school late morning today and asked to go places, then errands and other things. Still have laundry drying. Did lots I got behind on. Then shopped for food items for guys to take to cabin and helped load up this evening. Whew. Glad to be sitting down.

I'm going to read posts now.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1001 on: October 20, 2023, 08:23:25 PM »

I download a pic (that I send from my phone to my email) to my Chromebook and then I use the free program Squoosh. I find it easy to use. Just open Squoosh and select the file to upload it to Squoosh, then on the panel on the right I choose Resize, then I select Browser medium quality. Then when it is finished resizing, look at the bar near the bottom to see the size listed. Click on the bar to the left or right to get to a size that is about 800 or 900 K... anything less than 1 MB.
Then I open a post on the Beak, select Attachments and other options,  Attach: , Choose File,  select your file that is the most recent or shows a (1) at the end of its file name.
If you decide to try it contact me and I could send you a screen shot of what it looks like (to see how easy it is)  ;D
Tig, Oh my gosh! Lol My head is spinning after reading these instructions!  ;D I'll reach out if I need help posting pics for sure. Thank you.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1002 on: October 20, 2023, 08:33:59 PM »

Hi LB, Paulie, Jicaji and Cheers family!
I hope you're all well and you don't mind me stopping in...  ;D

Paulie, I've read your awesome Elk post that was suggested by Karen in the Beak.
What an exciting moment and many more visits from Mr Bull and his family!
You're sharing his territory now, and you'll get to watch him, his harem and family grow.
Enjoy!  ;D  :-*
Hi Lani! I am so glad to see you and you stopped by here. You stop by here any time you want to! Aww I didn't know Karen posted that in the Beak. That's nice.

Karen, Thank you.  :)

Lani, Thank you about the Elk story. True we're sharing 'his' territory now for sure. A day or two after we say them my husband and I walked down the wide green clover path where they had been browsing because at the end of it is where the trail cam is with SD card. I told my husband if we see them and they're coming this way I'm getting behind a big wide tree truck and not moving!!

Thank you also for the hugs and prayers. Very much appreciated.
And another thank you for sharing your family story with me. Very true family is always family and love each other.
After last night all's been good.  :)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1003 on: October 20, 2023, 08:44:28 PM »

I had to come back and read about the elks again  ;D I always thought Elks were out west like  the Montana area or even Colorado. Glad they are in PA as well. I was surprised when I read you saw the elks.  I think I will be visiting you more so now  at the cabin  ;)

I returned my heart monitor yesterday. (wednesday)  I got it on Monday when I had the EKG so wore on Monday and Tuesday so far nothing posted on portal.  I saw my primary dr today she will sin clearnce once she sees ekg and chest xray (I do that Tuesday)
LB, You and I have talked about you coming to the cabin before. That would be fun!  :)

Okay about your heart monitor and you had EKG done. No news is good news so lets go with results were good. Things are moving along for you with chest x-ray Tuesday.
Have you heard anything since you last posted or anything on patient portal?

I hope passing along the advise to your family helps. My dad used to say, "Nothing ventured. Nothing gained." It's worth a try I say.
You each love each other.

It's understandable your nerves are beginning to get to you. I remember for a while you've been wanting to do this and a Dr finally said he can do the surgery for and after you found the awesome PT place you've been going to. All's going to be good and I applaud you for deciding to do it.

Wonderful also that you're loosing weight again. It sounds like you've taken control. Kudos to you.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1004 on: October 20, 2023, 08:51:23 PM »

The sheds of a Bull Elk ~ hard to find and retrieve them whole
Almost all the critters in that neck of the PA woods consume them.
PA Elk apparently and usually shed their antlers about mid-March.

Deep snow there with some healthy rough wooded terrain. Finding.

A recovered shed, properly preserved and mounted PA Bull Elk Rack mounted somewhere at the cabin does just feel so feel right imho.

The caption from Uncle George on this particular shed shelter, was, well kids be careful these tines could poke your eye out.
BrokenLug, Oh my heavens to the pic of the shed shelter!! Wow!! I laughed at what Uncle George said!

My husband had explained to me too about animals consuming the sheds and they are very nutritious. Nature is awesome. Everything has a purpose.

Well said and true about finding them in deep snow and rough terrain. I guess it happens if it's meant to be. I bet creatures of nature have a sense about where to find them. More so than a human!

Thanks again for the shed shelter photo. Very cool.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 89   Go Up