Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 452283 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6990 on: July 13, 2023, 07:23:46 AM »

Happy Thursday!

I previously posted a pic of a GSD with attitude.....this is my cat version!

It's getting dewy out there...already dropped my fertilizer that arrived yesterday late, in the back yard this time...watering now, even though this type of organic fertilizer doesn't burn nor need to be watered in.
The back needs watering today irrespective.

Not sure I'll walk Ollie yet this am....I'm sweating already just from using a drop spreader...we shall see.
going up to 87 today

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6991 on: July 13, 2023, 07:45:52 AM »

66 heading to 76  Dew point 62  cloudy

8 tornados went through suburbs yesterday evening  Mostly west and SW of me.  Lots of tree damage in suburb west of me.

PUFF  How did you do?

LISA  Am seeing all the damage on the news this AM.  O'Hare had its people shelter.

PHYL  Have released 7 monarchs and have 5 tiny caterpillars munching away and several more eggs waiting to hatch.  ;)  Had those roller skates with my key  ;D  Will take quiz later - in a rush now.

KB  Love the cat!

OLDGUY   Good warning on the grape jelly for those who have both species.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6992 on: July 13, 2023, 08:31:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk- Yikes, 8 tornadoes!  Glad to hear that you did not have any damage. 

Puff - Hope you did not have any damage.

kb - Beautiful kitty.  Stay hydrated.  We are going up to 93° today, another hot one for us, too.  Weather detour  ;) ;D

Phyl - Thanks for the cam pics, quiz, and cool Log Cabin syrup container.

BrokenLug - Thanks for the tunes. 

Lani - Love the good night pic, so pretty.

oldguy - Sure sounds like you hit the weather jackpot.  Thanks for the videos...love those Q-Kids!

I don't know if anyone of you knew this Decorah chatter (I know Puff knows her)  - sunset dreamer sometimes we just called her sunset was her name, but she is one of the ladies that I stayed at the cabin with last year for ATF.  She made alot of things for the auction, too.  She passed away on 7/11.  I don't know any of the details, but the post on her FB page says, she passed at her home. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 08:34:53 AM by LisaG1967 »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6993 on: July 13, 2023, 08:56:36 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! I almost forgot to post, got busy working on eBay stuff...  ::) ::)

Time to start getting things ready to spend a week at Mom's! Kelsey and I will leave Saturday morning and come back Sunday the 23rd.

tsk, sounds like you are finally having butterflies this year!  Sure glad those tornadoes passed you by... How scary would it be if you were sitting in a plane on the runway...  :o

kb, yes, that cat definitely has attitude (and is probably very cuddly). If your vehicle hasn't had a name for 23 years I think 'Jeep' is good!

Phyl, I missed 2 on the Baby Boomer quiz! Anthony has such a beautiful view... Take a look at part of the shelf that is on my soffit, right there under the popcorn ceiling...:

Lani, yes, Mom Decorah is still around and so are we... 12 years now! Peaceful good night pic....

oldguy, you got a good rain too! Saving your links for this afternoon!

Lisa, so sorry to hear about sunset dreamer... seems like there was another long time poster who recently passed, naimo posted about it, but I can't find it!

Welcome to the world! Ai Bao the giant panda gave birth to twin cubs on July 7 at Everland theme park near Seoul. It's the first time that panda twins have been born in South Korea.

https://abc11.com/pandas-giant-panda-ai-bao-south-korea/13490806/?ex_cid=TA_WTVD_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3IrP7gAaKVSieZmU_bA-rEwc10SeY1ZnKv3085RlXNHX4FJf8xK_8Fw5I

For all of the cheese lovers.
https://people.com/burger-king-thailand-meatless-burger-with-20-slices-of-cheese-7559683?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=64af01b45cb8af0001667c92&fbclid=IwAR32fwLrcNrKzyrXiIBtS2ihrcydonODCC3WbnMumyCTjrF02w9f7CpIGTM
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #6994 on: July 13, 2023, 08:56:48 AM »

Here's my contribution of our local weather yesterday, mainly 3 areas in the metro Chicago area.  For those not knowing, let me say I live west and south of beautiful downtown Chicago,  tsk is west and north.  Two main tracks were followed.

News casters  did a lot of coverage of the problems around me.  My telltale saga of a close call would be the interviews and spot pics of many in my area.  i.e. I live 2nd house from Plainfield road - lady about 3 or 4 miles east down the road had a lot of vids taken of her house and that area, Plainfield road in Countryside. This is almost a repeat of year and a half ago, this time west of me about a mile.  Ugly trend forming???  Some of those unfortunates are still not back home.  No more dilly-dallying any more.  Believe me I moved quickly down into lower level rec.

I'm sure tsk will add reports for WN area by close to O'Hare.  Some bursts of downpours, but winds seemed the biggest problems.  Just by chance a for-real local stormchaser got caught in the storm in his car.  Pro pics and reports on FoxNews channel.  Again, I repeat, many funnels reported.  They did close ORD of course, they moved thousands and thousands down to baggage level.  That made for some herd pics, but glad to report no riots/difficulties.

Which leads me to the third area with numerous reports - the Loop and waterfront.  All the tall downtown buildings, for obvious reasons, appear to be well-covered with cameras.   Because of their locations, heights, and possible functioning they have many stunning, scary, telling stories of the events that took place.  The photos themselves, no narrations, should be printed in a book collections.  Eventually the front blew out over Lake Michigan.  One thought I had was for anyone caught out on the lake.  It was such a beautiful day - contrary to the predictions.  That is not unusual, even predictable, for local weather people.  They have a built-in excuse for being off sometimes.  Lake Michigan and moving air (winds) have caused many alibis and gray hair for weather casting in Chgo. 

At one point that morning, after a couple hours, being tired out, I decided I'd stop working the yard and just clean up and enjoy some iced tea and watching my birds.  As I finished the shower I got a call from niece - the first of many - ALL BAD.

Good news just on the news - no reports of serious injuries or deaths.  Big area as I think about it.  North Shore to Calumet City (NS) about 30 miles and Will/DuPage County to Lake Michigan  (EW) about 25 miles IMHO

Do you have anything to add tsk?

P     

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6995 on: July 13, 2023, 09:51:33 AM »

Lori - Love the cute gifs in your post yesterday and all the yummy goodies! Thank you for hugs. :)  Happy that Destini is doing well. :)  Sad to hear about how some of the members in your family are reacting to your Grandma going into a nursing home.  Thoughts & prayers for you and the family situation. {{Lori}}

Tsk - Good thing you do what you can in trying to make room in your garage - sounds like quite a chore! :o   Most men just like to keep things in case they 'need it' someday! ;D

Puff - You have lots of great memories of being with your Dad & your brothers with those muscle cars!!  You even helped work on them - great experience!!  Thank goodness you have a good & safe set up with your garage door /code.  Take care and stay safe {{Puff}}.   Take care too with the weather in your area.

Bazi - I hope today is a little better for you - feel better soon. {{Baz}}

Clynn - Fun pics of the Munchkins - especially love the one with Bella & her tomato  :)   All the stuff in your 2 car garage! Lol!  Love the Wild Heart Ranch pic, and love the Decorah pic! ;D   Wow, a lot of special stuff/collectibles on your shelf!!

Tsk - Good you are getting plenty of rain - I too, love to check our rain gauge during times when we have rain. :)  I don't care for thunder tho. ::)   Just read what you said about tornados, so sad for the damage and all the folks it may have affected.   So wonderful all that you do for the Monarchs. :)

Phyl - Just read that you mentioned Jim checked on the egglets and they are all still fine! :)  :)   Cute 'Log Cabin' anniversary syrup container!

Oldguy - Thank you for links - always good stuff!

Hi Tig!

Lani - Hope you are managing to stay indoors and keep cool - our local news showed Phoenix early this morning and it was not yet 7:00am, and temp was already 93 or 95? :o  I know you don't live in Phoenix, but I'm sure your town is very hot too.  No wonder when you & Sadie walk, you usually head out at 5:30a!

Kb - Great pic this morning!  If you decide to go for a walk - hope Ollie enjoys - I know you always take lots of water with you! :)

LisaG - So sorry to hear about Sunset Dreamer - I did not know her, but her name is familiar. Sending thoughts & hugs your way. {{LisaG and any others who knew her}}

Hi Karen  :)

We had a beautiful afternoon/evening at our friend's home yesterday and the tri-tip sandwiches were so delicious!!  Even more than enjoying the food tho, we really enjoyed being with our wonderful friends - so much fun!!

Beakers have a nice day  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #6996 on: July 13, 2023, 10:52:32 AM »

E4E - Would love to be eating breakfast at that lil table by the ocean.  :D  Glad to hear you had a great lunch, and time with your friends.

Puff - I am happy to hear that you did no more dilly-dallying, and got to a safe place.

clynn - I was wondering where you were this morning.  Pretty AM flowers.  Enjoy your time at your moms. Will I pass you on the road?   ;D  Oh, I wonder who else passed that was a long time DE chatter.  Awww, panda twins!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6997 on: July 13, 2023, 11:37:49 AM »

No matter what is on your agenda today, don't forget to be grateful.
#BeAnIris
#HellgateOsprey

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All

Eagles, Glad you and Kris had a nice day with friends yesterday. Retirement is FUN!!!  ;D.  It was a semi cloudy morning when Sadie and I left at 5:30. A perfect morning 68, it's now 85 and heading up with high of 95. I've already watered the plants too. It's going to be 114 in the valley.  :-\ Mike's not traveling to the valley this week.... We're so glad to be living at our elevation of 5000.

{{{Puff}}} I'm sorry about the bad news from your niece, I hope all is well today...  glad you're okay, stay safe  :)

Clynn, love the collections of goodies on your shelf.... awww panda cubbies  :-* .... you'll be missed  :-* ... oh lord, even that cheese burger may be one too many slices for me. And I love cheese!  ;D

Lisa, very sorry to hear of a forum member's passing, Sunset Dreamer. She must have been a lovely person, love her name. God bless her for all she's done for RRP and eagle family.

Tsk, very glad to hear you didn't have any damage .... Congratulations on your monarchs and future butterflies! August is just around the corner, and I love seeing them visit my purple cone flowers.

Kb love the cat!

Phyl, it's a sweet pic of an zonked out Anthony sleeping on his comfy nest... I missed 2 on test.

Oldguy, thanks for posting warning about grape jelly. Not that I put it out because of the ants we have here. But, it was info I did not know about it's dangers for a hummingbird.

Mama sloth and baby sleeping! LOL!  :-*
https://twitter.com/i/status/1679192649603874827
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6998 on: July 13, 2023, 12:31:28 PM »

Kb  :o  you posted Mr. Vivo !  I'd say he's about 3 yrs old +/-  'cuz he still has that kitten look.   Mr. Vivo is also 'Mr. Confident'.  Many thanks.
You're a 'busy bee' in your garden today.   ;)  CLynn has good suggestion for name. In the Philllipines they have/ had refurbished WWII jeeps that are topless and doorless, etc. the folk call them 'Jeepnies'  Dan told me ages, ages ago. Can't swear to the spelling though.

Tsk   (ditto  CLynn, Puff and the others)  heard about all that tornadic activey in you neck of the woods  last night and this AM on FNC. Whew! Close enough. So happy to know no serious damage.
Cute Teddy this AM. Thanks for the Monarch Report---sounds great.  Keep us up to date, pls.

Lisa pretty cuppa this AM. If you pass CLynn on the road---you gals should 'honk-honk' each other.  ;)   Tks for the news on  'Sunset dreamer', so sad when an eagle passess. :'(

CLynn more pretty daisies this AM;   :o looky at what you have on  your cabinet tops!  ;)  Rather comforting with Mom D still about and here are all of us---I've been there for 10 of those 12 years.  :-*   Look at what Ai Bao  has !  Gosh so very tiny, too.   That Thai meatless Burger King burger  :o

{{{Puff}}} many thanks for your weather report; relieved that you could bee-line to a safe place during your storm and you're okay from that; hope this is a good day for you.

Hi Karen

{{{Bazi}}}

Hi Tig

Lani lovely Iris from Hellgate; you know this gal didn't miss a one on that Baby Boomer quiz !   So 114F in valley (a once ocean's floor) Gosh I miss those 114F days in the Mojave Desert---warmth, warmth and more warmth.  ;D

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6999 on: July 13, 2023, 12:34:45 PM »

RIP Sunset Dreamer...soar high with the eagles you love.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7000 on: July 13, 2023, 02:05:59 PM »

LISA   How sad about Sunset Dreamer.  Especially for you since you/PUFF  knew her.  :(

CLYNN  Love the shelf  ;) ;)   Got 5 wrong in the Boomer test  ;) ;)    What a story for south Korea with the twin panda birth. :o    "No Thank You" on the "cheeseburger"   ::)

PUFF  Your report was excellent.  It covered a massive area - if not tornados - the winds -esp in the City proper where nothing major hardly ever happens re: tornados - Snowstorms are another thing  LOL

LANI   Love that pic of Iris  ;D   I didn't realize you were at 5,000 ft - like Denver  ;D  " mile high" cities.  Boy, you only missed two on the test like CLYNN and you are both younger than I  LOL  ;D   Sweet baby sloth on Mama

PHYL   You are the Boomer winner  ;D ;D
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7001 on: July 13, 2023, 02:29:13 PM »

bounce
TSK... Lol. But... It is the windy city...  :o
Hugz all
More later
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7002 on: July 13, 2023, 03:05:26 PM »

Tsk, I missed the answers of games that were not heard of in Hawaii. Also, I enjoyed reading and remember my history. Other than that, never owned a pair of roller skates roller or even roller skated in my life nor attended a sock hop. We wouldn't call school dances a sock hop. That I learned from watching American Bandstand, Leave it to Beaver, Captain Kangaroo or other children shows from the Mainland. :) I do enjoy doing the quizes.  :)

{{{Tig }}}

7/13
🎥Hi everyone, 3 #RoyalCam highlight videos for you.

Build those muscles, Manaaki!   
https://youtube.com/watch?v=k1oXGisfRcc

Manaaki weighs a whopping 11 kg (25.25 lbs)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Jcktgb_if_A

Two-Meal Day For Manaaki
https://youtube.com/watch?v=m3rkMLeZ-Jo&t=467s

Look at her gorgeous wings today!  :-*
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 04:06:35 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7003 on: July 13, 2023, 04:51:37 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

(((Lisa and Puff))), I'm so sorry to hear about sunset dreamer's passing. My condolences to you, and all who knew her. Lisa, did you have ATF plans with her again this year? Maybe you can leave some kind of memory memento of her somewhere in the Decorah Hatchery area while you are there. Even something small would be a nice way to remember her there. There's a thread in Forum for obit links and memoriams on the General Information, Announcements board. Maybe someone will share a link to her obituary in that Forum thread, if they find one.

Continuing thanks to all of you who have sent me hugs and wishes to feel better.  :-* :-* :-*  Today, I think I am noticing some small improvement in the discomfort level... so that's a good thing, and I hope that means that whatever triggered this flare-up may be starting to dissipate. I hope.   ;) :)

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7004 on: July 13, 2023, 05:06:16 PM »

bounce
We have arrived... a 5 hr. Drive plus stops made for a long day. Time for dinner.
TSK/Puff... We are NW of you, near the lake.  8)  spending the weekend at Road America... Vintage and historic race cars.
Prayers for those affected by the weather.
SED
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 05:34:44 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)