Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 147467 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4035 on: May 01, 2024, 12:59:00 PM »

Into a humpday we traverse ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L82II1lNjo

2 Tuna throwing the hook back at you.

On the Captain Kirk teriyaki express
:)

BL! Oops - Charlie slipped your line, while saying, "Not your sushi!"  8)  You out of Oregon Inlet?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4036 on: May 01, 2024, 01:22:58 PM »

Baz, good luck with your appt tomorrow.  :) .. yes, I taught tennis, when our girls were in their teens, summers were spent traveling to tennis tournaments for Shannon, or my teaching children from ages 6-14. Great tennis updates. thanks.

Baz, Tsk, I taught tennis for 22 years as a volunteer mom when Shannon was 12. There wasn't a tennis program in Salina, so I started teaching children from age 6 to 14. My summers for 22 years were filled with teaching kids for 10 weeks, five mornings a week, built the program to 125 kids per summer. When we moved here I gave the program to the highschool Tennis coach and a Club Pro Coach to continue it... I've played tennis for 30 years. I was an Singles A player when I moved here. I stopped play 15 years ago. Too expensive to play here. Shannon was a great tennis player. She was ranked in the top 10 in Kansas from age 14 - 18 as Singles player. In Doubles she was ranked top 10 in state age 16 - 18. She played for her high school as well as state tournaments in her teen years. We spent years on the tennis courts. Mike was on the golf course... I think my highschool PE teachers would probably be amazed I became a tennis player. It was my goal to have children of all ages, whether they were shy and they thought they couldn't play a physical game. I wanted to teach children not to be afraid of playing tennis. That anyone of any ability can play for fun. I made it fun. So my kids stayed with me from ages 6 to 14 and it was a thrill for me to see them grow and progress in positive ways. For me the proudest moments are when I read the Salina Journal the kids I taught continued playing throughout high school years and in college. I bet you wish you hadn't asked. TMI  ;D

Lani, oh no, NOT TMI!! CONGRATULATIONS  TO YOU!!! AND SHANNON! It warms my heart, you have no idea how much, to hear your story of initiating that tennis program for the kids in Salina, and growing it and keeping it going for so long!!  :-* :-*
 I'm so glad you were able to turn it over to others to carry it on after you moved away. I can only imagine how much it meant to you to see that so many of those kids continued to play into adulthood!!  :-* :-*  I was the tennis product of a beginning tennis program in my community, and finally with a number of courts being built in the community I grew up in, as my town embraced the sport of tennis in a big, big way and put money into public courts and tennis programs. I started playing when I was about 7 or 8 years old. Then, I also was lucky enough to join a swim and racquet club, and got some stellar training from 3 different pros there later on. One of them was the mom of one of my friends, whose family moved to my town when I was in Junior High School. She and I played a lot of tennis, and when they moved back to Oklahoma City, I would go out and visit and play tennis out there. Two other men teaching pros remain memorable for me, one of whom was from Australia and had been friends of, and trained at the same facility withs, Yvonne Goolagong, one of my early women tennis idols! He went on to coach a major university tennis team after a couple of years at that club. My very first lessons were from a man whose family lived across the street from my family, and he had played professionally in his younger years. I basically lived on the courts in the summer, and did what I could with a couple of other friends to clear snow and rain from the outside courts and dry them in the winter so we could play! At least till our hands got numb from the cold! LOL. I did not have access to the pricey private indoor courts to use them in the winter. You made such a positive impact in the lives of all your tennis kids!!  :-* :-* 

(((IRIS)))
I hope Iris and her New Man keep the fire alive!! :-* :-*

« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 01:24:31 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4037 on: May 01, 2024, 01:38:49 PM »

((Phyl)) ((Jim)) I'm posting as I read, and hope I see an update as I go along, or maybe after you have visitited Jim today and get back home again. Maybe they want Jim to get up some, so get up to use the bathroom instead of a catheter... just a guess. And to avoid the common acquired (but totally avoidable!) hospital infection from the use of catherters, as TSK mentioned. I hate to hear of his heart failure dx, and hope the Lasix has done its work so that he is more comfortable soon. Glad to know he's getting the additional testing needed, and hope he won't need to stay at the hospital too long. Prayers for comfort and improvement.

Clynn, LOL on Sophie and her water toys!  :-*  You might need to get her a "toy" aquarium after the deck is kitty-proofed, if the enclosed deck has a waterproof floor for spills!!  ;D

Karen, you did a lot! You doing any of that driving for your errands? Hope your ENT appt goes well!  UPDATE: Oh, I see your follow-on post about Helper A driving for your errands.  :)

TSK, that's a lot of work!! But I know that's how you roll.  ;) :D I know your garden areas must be so nice to work in and enjoy being around!  :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 02:12:36 PM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #4038 on: May 01, 2024, 02:11:20 PM »

Lani, I love those pictures of you as the May Day Queen! And that was such a gorgeous dress!!

I had my 1st appt today with the OT for my fingers/hand. She is great!! I got lots of excellent evaluation and input, with some directions for an inclusive program of heat - they had a killer cool heat machine I had never used before that I have decided will heal whatever ails you! LOL -and manual lymphatic drainage/massage, various mobility exercises, instructions on usage and rest, wrap and support stuff. My next appt with her will be next Tuesday, and then another the following Tuesday, if needed. I was very impressed with her. And she also seems like such a calm and kind person... always a plus.

Take care, All.  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #4039 on: May 01, 2024, 05:07:36 PM »

Amazing home in Minneapolis. East Lake of the Isles.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4040 on: May 01, 2024, 05:44:41 PM »

BAZI   Thanks for that backround in tennis for you too.  I remember Yvonne Goolagong.  Excellent OT report.  Rapport is so important!!  You used a modality term I've never heard of  LOL  " cold and heat machine".  Someone should have invented that a long time ago! "Manual lymphatic  drainage" - another procedure not around when I was practicing.  Sounds like you are on the right track and she sees you as a good patient who does not need more than a once a week check.  :-*

KB  Of course I have to say - I wonder how they ever planted all those tulip bulbs and that they must not have squirrels in that neighborhood  LOL  There wouldn't be one tulip standing if they did  ::)   Just stunning.

Music Man - what fun and full of energy.  Can't go wrong with theater in the round.  Stopped at a "family" type restaurant on the way home.  Bacon burger for me and regular cheeseburger for Tim.
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #4041 on: May 01, 2024, 06:03:13 PM »

Happy May!

Doing a little catching up in the Beak  :-[

Tsk- Hope you enjoyed getting your hair cut! Nothing wrong with getting your hair cut whenever you feel you need it. ;) :)
I just saw that you said you are watching American Idol!  We have been watching too!!  Unfortunately some of my favorites are gone now, so then, I try and choose another fav, but Idol has had a fantastic group this year - so many were so wonderful and talented, that it is hard to see any of them leave.

Clynn- Yes! That is the same Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook I have that was given to me as a bridal shower gift from my Mom! I will always keep and treasure it! 

Tig- Such darling names that your friends gave their two new kitties! :)  I bet they are so cute!

Lani- I always love pictures of the darling Sloths and thank you for update!      Your meat marinade recipe sounds fantastic, and I will come back to it and copy it down!            I always keep Kikkoman soy sauce in my fridge, as we love it on white steamed rice and I use it for my marinade sauce too:     Equal parts:  Kikkoman Soy Sauce, White wine, Orange Juice;  then you can add any of your favorite spices depending if its for:  Beef, Chicken, Pork.     Depending on how much meat I am marinading; my equal parts of those 3 main items are either a 1/2 C or 1 C of each.

Lani- Just read about your tennis days;  I did not know you did all of that!!!!  How special for you to volunteer your time to all those children to teach tennis and to give such invaluable time to each and every one of those precious children!!! :-*

I bet your beef jerky was to die for!!!! ;D ;D

LisaG-  I hope Misty adapts to your new Tv!  It might take a little time  :)

Baz- Good for you in how well you take care of yourself with walking and taking care of your healing hand. Thumbs up for you!!!

Eburg- Glad you asked Lani about her name and I see that she answered! ;D

Phyl- How is Jim today?  Hope all goes well for him and that he feels better soon.

Need to start cooking dinner - so gotta go - I still have a little more to read!

kbshcb

« Reply #4042 on: May 01, 2024, 06:19:18 PM »

tsk - I have tons of squirrels here but never had them dig up bulbs.

Rabbits, now that's a different story. they ate my tulip flowers this spring...haven't done it till just a few years ago.

So, I wonder how they keep the wabbits away.

BrokenLug

« Reply #4043 on: May 01, 2024, 06:29:40 PM »

Baz in/out of Hatteras Inlet from Teach's Lair Marina dodging the ferries to Ocracoke island.   :)

Caught a 29 lbs bull Mahi-mahi today ,, fresh steaks are a sizzling on the BBQ.    ;D
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #4044 on: May 01, 2024, 07:48:43 PM »

Oh my, BL!  We will all join you!   Lori will bring her delicious. Sounding cake!

Happy May .day!   CongrTs to our May Day Queen, Lani!  Wonderful story of your tennis background and volunteer spirit!  Great picture  as well!

Baz, interesting tales of your tennis background as well and of your
OT experience.   Good job!

Phyllis, waiting to hear how Jim is. Doing!   No cath is good as has been said!  Hope. He can connect with a cardiologist !   Remember you saying he was supposed to see one!

Clynn!  Best .soohie stays out of the mole hole!  What can we get her to keep her occupied!

Swuirrels eat nlubs!  Rabbits eat carrots, celery, lettuce if provided!

There is a lot of good theaters in the burbs. And small towns!  Glad you, Tsk and Tim enjoyed a fun, lively time.  Waiting. For a report on Joe!

Summer heat today at 86!
Ent tomorrow purchase some plants!

Seds

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4045 on: May 01, 2024, 07:50:47 PM »

some bounce

BL... Wow! ... and YUM!

TSK / KB ... yep... rabbits. And we are of a like mind tonight. I came in to post a quick pic I snapped (while out front mowing) of our snow-delayed tulips (protected by a rabbit-proof fence)!

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Com 2024
« Reply #4046 on: May 01, 2024, 10:14:31 PM »

Tsk- Busy day you had working out at your Church's grounds.  Hopefully you are enjoying some well-deserved rest this evening. :)

Karen- Wow! What a story out of the dog forum that you belong to! Glad the dog was found and all ended well! :)

Phyl- I hope that Jim somehow gets some rest tonight, and that you get some much needed rest too. {{Jim}} {{Phyl}}  Phyl, enjoy cuddling with your sweet Maggie tonight  :-*  Wishing Jim feels better soon.

Clynn- Sophie is so funny! Who would ever have thought that she would find so much fun in playing with her water dish and finding her way up to the roof! ;D ;D

Lori- Cute posting for 'May'!

Lani- Love your beautiful photo of being voted May Day Queen!!  :-* :)

Kb- Big gorgeous home and bright tulips !!

Bl- Enjoy your delicious fresh Mahi mahi!! 29 lbs  :o :)

Karen; You had a really warm day at 86! We had a high of 68!

Tig; Your tulips are so pretty!!

LisaG- You got some good ideas about what to do with your old TVs, but we tried selling one for cheap last year, but ended up listing it on Craig's List for free.  Someone came and got it!

Beakers have a good evening.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4047 on: May 02, 2024, 12:40:58 AM »

Baz in/out of Hatteras Inlet from Teach's Lair Marina dodging the ferries to Ocracoke island.   :)

Caught a 29 lbs bull Mahi-mahi today ,, fresh steaks are a sizzling on the BBQ.    ;D

OMG! A 29 pounder Mahi Mahi!!  :o .... oh YUM! Can I have a tiny piece for sashimi? Pleaseeeeeee   ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4048 on: May 02, 2024, 12:51:33 AM »

Tsk, we have a Humane Society of Central Arizona Resale Center for our no-kill rescue center and Time-Out Shelter and Thrift Resale Store... we donate our items there to be resold... Love Music Man, the best talents are local. Sounds like you and Tim enjoyed the play and dinner out too! YUM!  ;D

Baz, Thank you for sharing your tennis story too. I can feel your excitement through your words. I remember Yvonne Goolagong  ;D, what a great group of tennis players in the 70-80's and beyond. Chris Evert was my idol too. I still have my first Chris Evert racket followed by the mid-size Evert racket. I remember a Tennis Coach tried to break my habit of playing a two-handed backhand. But, it was a natural for me and I couldn't stop the habit. Yes, I enjoyed teaching children, watching them play and grow every summer at a park that allowed me to use two courts every summer weekday. I didn't charge it was for fun. Sitting on the tennis court bench with these kids, I was like a fly on a wall to them. They felt comfortable to say what they wanted and I was allowed to be in their world and share in their thoughts. What happened on the courts stayed on the courts. LOL! The kids trusted me and I them  :-*.... There was only a couple of times in those 22 years that I called a parent and that was out of concern for a child's welfare and keeping their privacy in mind. I can still see the child and I pray life has been good for him..... I have my May Day Dress and Wedding Dress stored nicely in boxes.  ;D... So glad you had a great evaluation and appt....  That heat machine sounds like it will do the job! prayers for continued healing and comfort.

Kb, gorgeous tulips! Such vibrant colors. I just read Tsk's post, I didn't think about squirrels. LOL!

Eagles, I keep a bottle of Kikkoman in the refrig too! You have a yummy handy recipe too! Thanks for sharing.

Karen, good idea about going to BL's for Mahi Mahi steaks and Lori's cheesecake!  8) ... our temps are still in the low 70's.

Tig, beautiful vibrant pink tulips.  :-*

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}}

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4049 on: May 02, 2024, 02:59:49 AM »

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Thursday.

Currently: 62F clear with a   High  86F sunny,  Low 62F

Arrived to hospital  between 3:30 pm and just before 4pm. Jim was asleep and on some 'sort of O2'. His clothes tossed on a chair--I hung his clothes and tidied his tray table. They keep his door closed as opposed to others who had their's open.  Pretty clear to see they wanted him to have P &Q and rest. 
He looked much more rested and not so much coughing or 'train wreck' noise.  His RN came in and set up IV for his antibiotics as just a touch of  in his lungs w/ NS solution to flush his IV line.
As some here have said, " No cath." for infection.  ;)
Jim told me he heard rumor that he might be released tomorrow---'What?" I said. I think he should stay another day. And, that may very well be.  ;)
The trash dumpster had been left out and truth known I just didn't want to bother---that 'thing' is as big as I ma and a booger to deal with ---let me tell you!  I
wanted to get it inside before Jim got home so he'd not deal with it.

On lighter note:   Never was there a cuppa Joe my  Dad didn't like  without this stuff---Cremora.     I use  Kikkoman also.     

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .  'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan