Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Decorah Eagles 2023  (Read 117018 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: Decorah Eagles 2023
« Reply #1395 on: August 14, 2023, 03:15:54 PM »

trying to figure out whats going on  right now live cam?  is that DH2? (In the bushes on the cliff)

Lori - It seems so....there is a branch that we have seen over there that DH2 goes to.  Looks like Dh2 is kinda hidden behind the leaves some.

It looks like there might be 2 juvies.  The one is still on the cliff and the other is at the pond?  I am recording some of it :) thank you sweet girl!!  :-*
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

STLbf

« Reply #1396 on: August 14, 2023, 04:48:35 PM »

Just now 4:45PM, DH2 on N1, picking at nestovers and yellow leaves, and another juvenile sitting on top of the Pond Bluff.  I doubt that a juvenile other than DH2 would come to the nest.

LisaG1967

« Reply #1397 on: August 14, 2023, 06:20:54 PM »

Lori - You’re welcome ☺️

STLbf

« Reply #1398 on: August 15, 2023, 01:59:33 PM »

Morning foggy, but cam ops found an adult BE, probably HM or HD, in a dead tree perch at the top of the Pond bluffs.  Pic shows closer up, but a nice zoom out gives the location. Sorry it was too dark for a pic.  Anyway, we know where that tree is for when the cameras come on in October!

And a downy woodpecker was working on the bark near N1, evidence that the eagles aren't using it much now.  Sigh.

No view of DH2 on the rewind as of 2:00 this afternoon, but I could have missed it.

STLbf

« Reply #1399 on: August 15, 2023, 05:06:25 PM »

Nosy me, looking for eagles this afternoon, I might have seen DH2 flying over the Pond trees at about 2:30.  There was a person sitting between the pond and the road, right at the road intersection.  Small white dog with the person.  No eagle landing.  Then about an hour later, farther over to the left, someone with a long lens at a picnic table (?), like looking toward N2B.  Guess it is a good thing that the cameras are turning off tomorrow!  Usually the cam ops change views when people appear, but these were way too far away for any ID.   ;)

STLbf

« Reply #1400 on: August 16, 2023, 12:27:28 PM »

Looks like DH2 spent the night in branches above N1.  Early morning calling but no clear sightings on the rewind.  About 7:00, upstream in that leafy branchy place where they like to perch, a parent appeared to be leisurely eating something.  After a while, the adult flew away as DH2 landed in the same spot from nearby.

It's been such a privilege to watch HD and HM successfully raise DH2.  Million thanks to RRP and the cam ops who make it happen for all  of us who watch, post pics, ask questions, and get great answers.  October 14 is circled on my calendar, and I'm so looking forward to the next eagle season.

LisaG1967

« Reply #1401 on: August 16, 2023, 12:55:52 PM »

Very early this morning, before 5am, DH2 casts a very large pellet.

STLbf

« Reply #1402 on: August 16, 2023, 04:29:43 PM »

Lisa, what a great pic to end the season!  Not sorry I missed it, and good to know that DH2 is doing what eagles do.

Do I remember correctly that the Forum stays available when the cameras are turned off?  I hope so.  It will be nice to say hello to our fellow posters now and then while we wait for things to start up in October.  We can't clean house or go shopping in all our "free time" after all. 

LisaG1967

« Reply #1403 on: August 16, 2023, 05:09:02 PM »

Lisa, what a great pic to end the season!  Not sorry I missed it, and good to know that DH2 is doing what eagles do.

Do I remember correctly that the Forum stays available when the cameras are turned off?  I hope so.  It will be nice to say hello to our fellow posters now and then while we wait for things to start up in October.  We can't clean house or go shopping in all our "free time" after all.

Yep, forum stays available when cams are off, so we can say how much we miss the eagles, and is it October yet???   ;D

STLbf

« Reply #1404 on: August 17, 2023, 03:01:26 PM »

Lisa, my thoughts also.

Check out the Flyway Forum for a banded juvenile peregrine.  Not from GSB, but a great find by our cam ops.  Details pending.

LisaG1967

« Reply #1405 on: August 17, 2023, 04:42:30 PM »

Lisa, my thoughts also.

Check out the Flyway Forum for a banded juvenile peregrine.  Not from GSB, but a great find by our cam ops.  Details pending.

I did see that today!   :D

Arcadia

« Reply #1406 on: August 18, 2023, 07:45:17 AM »

It's been such a privilege to watch HD and HM successfully raise DH2.  Million thanks to RRP and the cam ops who make it happen for all  of us who watch, post pics, ask questions, and get great answers.  October 14 is circled on my calendar, and I'm so looking forward to the next eagle season.

Agreed. It has been a privilege and a pleasure. And thanks to all of our members here who enhanced the experience so much.

Puff

« Reply #1407 on: August 18, 2023, 09:22:27 AM »

Clynn - and all the other short, stiff shoppers on forum - I think I must worse than I am.  If I'm having trouble reaching something in the stores I don't actually have to ask most of the time.   My height and pathetic usually draws a considerate offer to help.  People, irregardless of the news films, are not all bad.  Maybe it's not that there are more ugly people - just that the bad are getting worse???

Arcadia?  Says you're a newbie - meet Puff the oldie.  2011 start  Make that oldie but goodie, and getting older and goodier.

P

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #1408 on: August 18, 2023, 09:57:06 AM »

Puff--Arcadia's been a Forum member since 2011 too.  And I've been here since Bob and Neil were filming the nest in 2007.  Forum status in 2014 though.😊

Got thinking about it, checked, and actually joined Forum in 2013.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 10:03:14 AM by eburgbirdwtchr »
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Arcadia

« Reply #1409 on: August 18, 2023, 10:54:46 AM »

Puff and eBurg, hi!

Yes I've been here a good while. For some reason my post number got lost at some point, but that's fine.  I appreciate the welcome anyway, Puff!  ;D ;D ;D

I remember when I joined. I was at another online site and someone mentioned they were watching the Decorah eagles nest. So I came right over and have never left. I believe it was Mom and Dad when I started. and Bob Anderson. At times there have been painful occurrences such as when a baby eagle or fledgling die, and the loss of Bob of course. But there have been such happy memories such as the Diva. I love coming here because the members are so very kind and they keep us all informed of what is going on with the eagles.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 11:02:40 AM by Arcadia »