Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: May 03, 2024, 11:17:22 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by camperstig
Severe catching

Lolol

SED

on: May 03, 2024, 10:33:47 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by BrokenLug
Us 4 idiots have firmly decided to dedicate this evening's outing in your honor Karen.

We got at least 100 patrons here heartily cheering and toasting you they got no clue .   :)     KG.

tsk
BL  Thanks for that great description of that fishing excursion. 
You answered a question I was going to ask about what do you do with the fish?     

How long does it take to land one of those tuna?

Depends on it's size and it's desire not to be dinner.   ;)
Seriously the really big tuna can take up to an hour from hooked to on deck on a lap belt.

This trip can really kick the stuff out of you as the fish get younger.   ;D

Pole tip and line always set up high and tight -  set hook huge pole bend - fish on - pole from boat into waist belt - pole tip lowered a bit - let it run - reel screaming out line - back kicks in pulling up on the rod reeling like you were scrambling eggs - lather rinse repeat for one hour.

Very quickly you realize you've firmly planted your feet on the aft deck of a 24' Grady White.   8)

Your feet, legs, spine, and hopefully brain & inner ear are standing on a pitching, bobbing, rolling piece of plywood in the middle of the ocean with a fish that can pull you out of it.

What the _ am I doing out here.   

At 1st your adrenaline of course courses with the 1st offshore fish on _ then your brain, arms, legs and whole body start to really kick in.

Your forearms seriously start talking to you at the 20 minute mark.

The wake up time, being out in even the most calm kind weather environment , being in a small craft will kick the ..

It's grueling but someone has to do it.   ;D

Us well seasoned and oiled Squids are going to go for go for a walk about on the warm sand of a OBX beach on a Friday night have a few pints and stogies.   :) 

And do it all over again tomorrow because the forecast here just called for severe catching.   8)

on: May 03, 2024, 09:16:10 PM 
Started by Phyl - Last post by karengramke
((((LB and Copper))))

on: May 03, 2024, 07:37:13 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by karengramke
Clynn, thanks for your morning pictures from Helgate!   Also love the mass of flowers!  Beautiful colors.  Guess they are tulips!
Lani, I took the cpcp in yesterday and they fixed it!  Last night I thought the air flow was pretty light but went to sleep.  This am I found there was no air!  Called them this am and said I would need A new machine!   The girl gave me a lot of lip and I said I would be in around 1!  When I got there she said she was giving me a new model 10 to replace the model 11 I had had for about a year!  I asked her what the difference was in the machines and shed they thought this would be better for me!  Her.  Responses irked me but home we came and installed it in the bedroom!  A quick google told me the 11 has more online reports available.  At any rate I called back and spoke with the manager who was the one who fixed it yesterday.   He said I could access sleep reports on line with this and told me how!  I was a tad angry and said that even tho I was stumbling around with a cane I was not senile and. That this information should have been shated with me when .i furst got the machine!   Well, I fe,t better!   Lol!  Now to see how this works tonight!  Btw Lani he says they have beeb having a lir if orobkems with tge resmed 11.  Also, medicare and insurance have paid for mine and .i noticed you said Mike bought one.

New plants are in the ground and I had the sprinkler system turned back on to get them watered in and lo and behold, rain!  Between the two I think they are wet enough!
Seds all!  See you caturday!

on: May 03, 2024, 07:20:40 PM 
Started by MpMom - Last post by MpMom
 ;)

on: May 03, 2024, 06:56:54 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by karengramke
Oh BL,your report of your fishing excursion was just superb!  I was  transported to the deck of a boat in the gulf with a rod and reel, trolling through a   Whole lot of Spanish!    Did get a few very nice grouper on a few charters but nothing  the size of your catch!   Do enjoy. And be safe!   Kudos to Captain Kirk!
Hot and humid day again ending with a little rain.    May get a little more to-
 morrow.
Yea for  NG and Iris!  Hopefully this twosome will bond and raise some pretty  ospreylets! louis, stay home!
Phyl, what is the latest on Jim?  Glad they got some of the fluid  out of his lungs!   You and Maggie take care!
Good news on .iris and NG!   Sounds promising!  Love your morning pup!
Tig you have taken good care if your mother’s  tulips!     Pretty shade of red.

on: May 03, 2024, 06:31:38 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Lani
NG and Iris defended the nest against an intruder today. And continued working on the nest and nest bowl together.
They mated and their relationship is stronger. The cam did show Iris looking down at her egg on the ground. She should lay another egg late today or tomorrow.

New Guy and Iris defend their nest 12 42 26 5 3 24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsWBhSNQpYU&t=1s

Dinnertime for Iris  :-*

on: May 03, 2024, 06:10:02 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by tsk34
LANI   Watched the Twitter piece 3 times  LOL   Good point  Having 4 boys to raise  LOLOL  His kicking the egg out wasn't an accident?  Maybe now they will mate??

KB   Good news for Vi and Dennis.  Kind of dangerous to be without a phone.  Funny story about the charter.  Barb and I went on one with Tom and Tim eons ago out about 10 miles or so out on Lake Michigan from one of the Chicago harbors.  We both were puking over the side after a bit and laid down for the rest of the trip.  Also then took a while to get land legs.  Never again for me. ::) :P

on: May 03, 2024, 05:39:57 PM 
Started by Nora in IA - Last post by Nora in IA
A little after 4 PM -- The trio are eating just great!

on: May 03, 2024, 05:36:24 PM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
4 PM feeding....

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]