Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 635231 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28335 on: April 16, 2024, 11:38:03 AM »

Oh my cal! I just read your post about weather there. That was an hour ago. Give an update when you can. Prayers for you, Jim, sweets, all your animals and all people/animals in the area of the tornado.

calihoula

« Reply #28336 on: April 16, 2024, 12:05:05 PM »

hi paulie my big tv with directv had on weather channel started loud beep warning upset the dogs i changed it to hgtv love it or list it went to my bathroom got radio on in there for my pet mouse said tornado down in richmond hope my walmart and harp people okay i have local news on it poured here i hear thunder but warning over for now jim is in the city probably at his dads condo looks like no real damage in richmond we are under tornado warning till  6 pm tonight
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 12:16:16 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28337 on: April 16, 2024, 01:06:31 PM »

Cal Put a heavy blanket or cushions on Sweets and go for shelter.  Then you can help when over. Just Sayin.
 Easy for me I know, but like on airplane your mask first then baby, or both go.

johoward

« Reply #28338 on: April 16, 2024, 01:52:47 PM »

4:54 Our day in Ohio looks just like that.  It is bright and 71 degrees with a slight breeze right now.  I sent pics of dog shame and bridge drawing to Deb and Karen.  Karen asked if bridge is in the South?  Time for me to go around the block to see if mailman has come .
Lots of coughing to clear throat today.  Meds are working I guess, but not very comforting to hack all day.  No pain in throat or back though.  So prednisone is working. Bye now EV1 GBU Israel, Sweets, Ukraine, US Congress, and all innocents who are sufferring.

calihoula

« Reply #28339 on: April 16, 2024, 06:37:41 PM »

hi joho all clear here in smithville where my dentist dr platte lives said ef 1 tornado down 95 mph winds turned over some mobile homes but no one in them left with their pets i was okay penny scared of basement no i would stay up here. i thought weather channel said bad weather coming to ohio hope not i dont know where that bridge is sweets kicking out his front legs laying down got his blanket off but he needs it on keep his body temp some what up what is pred doing for you  i gotta go sweets must need to be turned again get better
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28340 on: April 16, 2024, 07:37:05 PM »

I don't know why the Dr. gave me Prednisone.  It is a first for me. I think it was for the back and throat pain.  I know that Joan took it to stop her terrible pain from RA inflammation. 
I am very thankful the storm went away from you.  I have not seen any bad weather around where I am near Cleveland.
Karen is a retired School teacher.  She wants to know everything.  LOL Her favorite TV shows are Wheel and Jeopardy.  I think she would do good at trivia.
You are safe, so I will good night and GBU.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28341 on: April 17, 2024, 05:48:55 AM »

hi you guys its 57 here 39 in ice 44 in kviv and 57 in the barn. 

hi joho i think pred is good for lots of stuff helps penny alot in the heat of summer with her grass allergies keeps her from digging at her skin till it is raw makes her have to pee alot so lots of going out but at least she is not suffering with her skin.  it helps me when i get poison ivy.  people get those cortisone shots.  karen was a school teacher that is a important job jims sister use to be but anymore that is not such a safe job sure not like when i was in grade school. not at all. never never did we worry about a school shooting had our tornado drills fire drills but not shooting.

hi paulie we missed the bad winds got heavy rain but not for long dr plattes area got hit joho he is the one with his big grass carp and that eagle got one of his carp. this is why i dont watch decorah cam well no time but for long time i dont watch it anymore. i really like the turkey vulture cam and them   love scout and them here. dont kill eat what someone else killed. love the bears

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DD055D5BB3DF
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28342 on: April 17, 2024, 09:57:26 AM »

5:23 We see a lot of that here on the South shore of Lake Erie. There is a livery service at the mouth of the Rocky River.  I like to watch them go out. 
66 degrees at 10:53.  Cloudy but warm. 
I am feeling more normal this morning. TYG!
 Some coughing, but lots less than yesterday.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28343 on: April 17, 2024, 10:56:19 AM »

Cal, Glad to hear all's good with you and your area. Rough scary weather yesterday for sure.

johoward

« Reply #28344 on: April 17, 2024, 04:17:49 PM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcon is showing a remarkable group of hi lights from the past. FYI

calihoula

« Reply #28345 on: April 18, 2024, 04:21:06 AM »

sweets got  worse yesterday he was gone at 12:42pm i howled and wailed still am his breathing was death breathing i knew that seen it before i kissed him hugged him told him it was okay to go mom please and watch out for him till i get there and he was gone. no more suffering for my sweetie boy just me. jim came home and he is doing just fine upset me he is i did all his care im the one he wagged his tail for. so hard in the barn hard in here sweets everywhere i cant see my screen here need a towel for my eyes jim asked me where i wanted him buried tomorrow i did not say yet but out by pearl rose soda roxie with his and my horses. with indy when he is out. we are getting hit with another bad storm now and today so may not bury him till early tomorrow morning i slept on this couch next to him again last night laid my hand on him his little halter hanging on pantry door with indys be nice halter. i am beside myself i know you guys will feel bad for me sad about sweets his medicine all over shots his little lunch bags say sweets the goat from vet he does not have to have shots anymore can breath get up and ram everything up there i told him to ram away huge thunder crack local news showing storm moving this way i was in the barn when i left i gave indy hay picked up some to put in sweets bed sob his treats in frig tv is out storm is here more storms thru the day they say i am lost now

johoward

« Reply #28346 on: April 18, 2024, 09:56:07 AM »

Just got up Cal.  Very sorry to hear about your good friend going off to wait for you in Heaven.  Thanks for making the heroic effort to let us know.  You are very strong.  GBU

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28347 on: April 18, 2024, 09:56:24 PM »

Oh Cal!! I just read your post. So sorry your precious sweets has passed over. No more suffering for your sweets. You tried absolutely everything possible to help and to heal your sweets. Sweets knows that and loves you for it.

I just now came to the Forum tonight and read your post after a very long busy day.

Your grief is heavy. Anyone who reads about your loss of precious sweets will understand.
You remain in my prayers. God bless you, Cal. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 08:12:55 PM by paulie »

calhound

« Reply #28348 on: April 19, 2024, 05:41:54 AM »

Spring has Sprung and Bears are Busting Out All Over! - UPDATE April 18, 2024

Carolyn the Bear and cubbies
Bears are being caught on trail cameras here and there, including here, but I haven’t seen any bear in person yet. Guesses are that that bear on camera here is Adam, son of Vanna, grandson of Dot, great great grandson of Blackheart, and great great great grandson of Shadow. He is yet to be fully confirmed as Adam, though.

Click here to watch on YouTube.
 https://youtu.be/-d3652gNvzE 
But the most exciting sighting is 7-year-old Carolyn and her three extra small, extra cute cubs—a male, a female, and one unknown yet—showing up the earliest we can remember for a mother with cubs. It’s Carolyn’s third litter. Carolyn is a daughter of Donna (now 24) and is a granddaughter of Blackheart and the great granddaughter of Shadow.

Excitement is flowing as the bear season begins.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28349 on: April 19, 2024, 05:45:12 AM »