Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 636186 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26310 on: February 14, 2023, 05:24:23 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26311 on: February 14, 2023, 05:29:10 AM »

Happy Valentine days you guys!

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26312 on: February 14, 2023, 05:48:55 AM »

hi you guys its 44 here rain is on its way boo to that 34 and snowing in iceland 36 and light snow in kviv 51 in the barn.

hi joho! why do you have to stay up till 11:30 not me!  :) im tired i do not fight it got everyone fed cleaned up go lay down and sleep.went to donkey cam just not the same but the two new horses and that gate is in between them im sure till they get to know each other not try to kick each other so cool the other four got along so well so i am happy they are together i hope they are anyway. hoping they post an update on them four. 

hi neva whats you doing?

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3C055D502AFC

johoward

« Reply #26313 on: February 14, 2023, 06:50:20 AM »

6:14  Good morning EV1.  Got up at regular time this morning.  Feeling good.  Coffee and cereal on board. Saw most cams and emails already.  Now going to finish the paper with coffee number two.  The weak one. HAGD EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26314 on: February 14, 2023, 11:42:21 AM »

hi joho raining here but so far barn okay i was reading comments donkey cam see any word on the four and read this

20 hours ago
IT'S HEART BREAKING TO KNOW ABOUT ALL THA HAPPEN WITH HORSES...

Share ›

ladybarber61   Fluffy22 20 hours ago
Amish believe that the horses are like tractors. Just machinery nothing more.When they are not usefulhorses are like tractors. Just machinery nothing more.When they are not useful they scrap them. But that is their belief.

okay never been to amish town or places and i never will
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26315 on: February 14, 2023, 01:24:27 PM »

amish would be nothing without horses nothing to me knowing this they are putins putins our country built with horses mules ron loved his tractors justin jim love their tractors fix them keep them love our animals beyond words i will tell everyone i know about this sure many already must of known i only know one person that shops dine at amish places but i will tell all post on cousin janice fb page on my fb page
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26316 on: February 14, 2023, 07:20:17 PM »

Hi Cal and Joho.  About the horses, mules, donkeys, bulls and goats ... I've been listening to what Carlene had to say about the current situation with the animals.   Four miles from Crazy Acres (SDP) there is a place called Meredith Farm or Estate.  It belongs to a friend of Carlene, and is huge about 180+ acres, Stables, rolling hills and pastures.  "It is beautiful", according to Carlene.  Janine belongs to Equine Rescue Network  (ERN) and she has an arrangement with the owner of Meredith.  She takes animals back and forth between the two properties to give them all a chance to enjoy running in that space and grazing too.

Right now, with the last four that she bought, there were 2 horses  (a Paint and a Chestnut Andalusian) and 2 mules.  The mules are over at Meredith and are really nice Carlene said.  The horses are great too, but need time in Quarantine, so the other animals were taken to Meredith for a bit and the two horses are with Carlene at Crazy Acres.  The goal is to find them good homes.  The horses get training if they need it so that they are rideable.  They get Vet care if they need it too.

SDP: https://www.servicedogproject.org/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 09:41:47 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26317 on: February 15, 2023, 05:37:15 AM »

oh neva thank you so much!!!! i saw something about meredith farms but not all that. so thank you. they sure have a great set up there. really caring people too. wish everyone cared about them that much. xoxo

okay had to do that first it is 38 here we going under winter advisory oh shoot forgot when not today chiefs parade today its starting late tonight 37 clear in iceland 33 partly cloudy in iceland and 51 in the barn.

two horses in donkey barn i saw a mule in my barn awhile ago 3 raccoonies a goat and a maybe baby cat and some birds few mice yesterday filling up water by side door seen grass growing not yet no grass yet please! crazy weather cold one day up to 50 60 next day.

gb ukraine gb all animals gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/72055D594BD8?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #26318 on: February 15, 2023, 12:08:16 PM »

hi you guys finally got car unloaded everyone fed clean again check donkey cam horses outside they are together bay he laid back his ears to paint huge crowd downtown for parade for chiefs on tv from noon to three

neva

« Reply #26319 on: February 15, 2023, 02:39:49 PM »

Mexican Wall ... 30:55      47°  (1:17 pm)    Got up to snow on the ground, but just a little - it will be gone soon.  We had a hail storm yesterday. 

You had asked what I was doing, Cal.  Well, you know how people are doing the DNA thing?  First I did Ancestry, a few years ago, and then a couple of years ago, I did 23andMe.  I got some surprises, very interesting.  A few days ago, a relative from my testing sent me a message and introduced herself.  It seems I do have a half sister named Joan.  I am from my fathers first wife, and she is from his second, and she wondered if I had any questions about him.  I could really tell her a lot about him and the family, but I am keeping it simple and slow.  I don't see us building a relationship, or much of one, but she does sound like a nice person.  I wasn't going to respond at first, but then thought, Why did God put each of us in the others path?  Maybe I can do her some good as well.  It is all very interesting.

Joho, how are you today?

Cal, I was glad to give you what info I had about the animals.  Yes, I love the care that these people put in for these animals, dogs included.  Carlene always considers the animal's point of view.  Carlene is in her mid-80s
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 02:47:56 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26320 on: February 15, 2023, 05:46:19 PM »

On 24?7 Live Animal Cam are a lot of turkeys.  If you scroll back a few minutes you can see the woman and her two little girls feeding the wild turkeys.

calihoula

« Reply #26321 on: February 15, 2023, 05:49:23 PM »

hi neva carlene i hope you live forever! i always consider animals point of view always.  i thought about doing that ancestry deal my grannys first husband who she had my uncle and mom with never knew him thats fine with me he was not nice to granny my great grandmother my granny told me got rid of him not murder just divorce and gone my mom and uncle thought of papa as their dad always papa to us kids wonderful kind man. you said yours contacted you i dont know i would want that for me can you just read stuff?

hi joho are getting your haircut?  brads office called at noon i saw it at five our taxes are done personal and business. i told her if weather not bad will come tomorrow if weather shifts few counties over then big ice snow no shifting 2-3 inches some freezing rain first you know got to have the freezing rain. news on lots of cars towed today from chiefs parade.

calihoula

« Reply #26322 on: February 15, 2023, 05:52:23 PM »

hi joho there you are im going to lay down now i get where im so tired it makes me feel sick sleep few hours then i may wake up watch little tv go back to sleep good to see your post  :)

johoward

« Reply #26323 on: February 15, 2023, 06:11:03 PM »

I get sleepy at about 3 every day.  Don't feel sick, just tired.  Joan would feel bad and sick if her blood sugar went too low from walking too far and no food.  I would give her some orange juice and she would perk right up.  She had type two diabetes.  So do I, but mine is not as severe as hers was.  I have not had any lows that I know of.  Just highs, high A1C, and numb feet.
Thanks a lot to Neva, who has snow while I have 70 degrees in Ohio, for keeping us from worrying about the animals on our new favorite cam. LOL
No haircut yet. Had to spend some time getting tax data together and making sure I have active car and house insurance. I did trim ears a little. 
Now I gotta go cook or call for a pizza.  I think pizza has the edge right now.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26324 on: February 16, 2023, 05:23:25 AM »

An Exciting Fox Treat, and More - UPDATE February 15, 2023

Limping Red Fox
At 7 PM, what I have been looking for out the window for weeks was there—a big animal that was not scared. The fox looked at me and came up to the feeding spot outside my window like I wasn’t there. It sniffed for meat that wasn’t out yet. (click). Then I saw that it was the limping male red fox, and it was hardly limping. Good to see. I got up and went to the door. The fox came to the door and watched as I grabbed the only food handy—a package of four blueberry mini-muffins. He watched me open it. I opened the door, and he did no more than move back about four feet to watch as I tossed them into the snow. Without hesitation, he came toward me and took one down the stairs. A couple minutes later he confidently ran back up the stairs to grab two more of them and head up the driveway. We put out a couple freshly warmed pork chops cut into quarters, but it is now 40 minutes later and he is not back yet. I want him to feel thoroughly treated so he comes back a lot. Maybe he’ll be back during the night and be caught on the security camera. Whatever he does, he made my day.

Common redpoll
Common redpoll
Goldfinch
Goldfinch
Also out the window, new winter birds here were a few common redpolls (Acanthus flammea), of which a male with a flaming pink breast held still for the picture. Also present were a couple pine siskins (Spinus pinus) with their yellow-streaked wings, and a flock of their close cousins the American goldfinch (Spinus tristis) in winter plumage. One with a yellow shoulder patch that says male sat for the picture.

Pine siskin
Pine siskin

It was good to see the limping fox doing well again. I’m still looking to see Bob Cat close-up and hopefully holding for a picture like the fox did.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center