Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 141703 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2970 on: March 28, 2024, 03:39:46 PM »

Howdy Beakers!

CONGRATS TALON!!

Many of the shipping companies who can't get into the port at Baltimore for delivery have already declared a force majeure, and will deliver their cargo to other eastern coast ports, whichever ones can handle their ship sizes/cargo. The ports in NY/NJ, Norfolk, Wilmington, Savannah, and, maybe others I don't recall now, have already arranged to take those shipments - some to some ports and others to others, of course, depending on schedules/requirements. The force majeure declaration by the shippers relieves them of liability for delivering other than where contracted, and puts the onus on the receiving companies to pick-up those goods at the alternate port destination and transport them to their final destinations. That's what I saw in the news yesterday. The port in my area has issued info that confirms same, and will be receiving some of those shipments. It doesn't mean there won't be interruptions to supply lines and timelines, but it is the workaround that's available at this time.

Rainy day here - lots of rain - the river will crest over flood stage starting tomorrow and last till Monday, but it doesn't look to be a major flood event, and won't affect me. Good news is the forecast total rain amount for me didn't develop, though we got a slog. The Outer Banks of NC has been taking a huge licking from the storm and the coastal low that formed and merged. Other areas around me got 3-4 inches of rain though. It's supposed to stop raining here around sunset, and clear up over night. Full sun and warmer temps will be here after today and through the weekend - yay!

I'm cooking a pork roast, and yummy stuff to go with it. I'm going to cook it today... so off I go to get it in the oven. I will get to have a really big, yummy, later, din-din tonight. Mmm! LOL. Then on to the basketball games!! My UNC Tarheels play at 9:30 (Eastern) tonight. GO HEELS!  :D  (fingers crossed!)

Have a safe and warm evening, All. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #2971 on: March 28, 2024, 04:34:54 PM »

Lisa - Glad you made some progress with the snow removal. 

Thank you for caring Lisa.

Puff

« Reply #2972 on: March 28, 2024, 05:17:15 PM »

No betting allowed baz on goods getting to the correct post on time.    ::)
Another time for a lot of needed patience.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2973 on: March 28, 2024, 05:31:12 PM »

KB... Please don't overdo. Can Ollie just go out front, for now?
🙂
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2974 on: March 28, 2024, 05:42:31 PM »

PUFF   You know darn well some folks have nothing better to do than rewrite the history our county was made of.  :P   Is your new machine a PC or a laptop?  I'm guessing laptop.?

LANI  Beautiful AM pic.   LOL  Dr Rogers didn't miss a beat - Got home from significant surgery and right away on to taking pics.  He keeps putting ham out and that eagle will return.  I gare - un - tee ;D ;D

BAZI   I have the Heels game noted but will be in bed likely before it finishes - Hope the lead is a lot by that time  LOL  Good that you missed the worst of the rains.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2975 on: March 28, 2024, 05:47:29 PM »

baz - Enjoy your pork roast and yummy stuff.  It sounds delicious. 

kb:D

Good night, everyone!

Puff

« Reply #2976 on: March 28, 2024, 05:54:44 PM »

Laptop tsk.  Last one was too.  That's one reason I got back into the same thing - to make for an  easier change.  He ha ha

Let me add too. though.  A waited for a while using a keyboard plugged into my dead HP for a while while the order came in and the tech could switch info over and find time in his sched.  I was just getting comfortable with that difference.  Now I got even more of a difference. 

Talk about a learning experience - I did learn something in the process.  I got a small stand/tray that sits next to my dinette; it holds my tea off to the side.  It even has a raised edge on the outside to catch the next tea I spill while working.  No more adapting!!!!  This is my last computer.! 

P

Puff

« Reply #2977 on: March 28, 2024, 05:59:34 PM »

I'm just throwing out a wild guess - But I'll bet that more beaker votes come in with more for Iowa over Illinois?

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2978 on: March 28, 2024, 06:01:16 PM »

Will Baltimore bridge collapse force U.S. to pay more attention to its infrastructure?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/baltimore-bridge-collapse-aging-infrastructure?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=Daily_NL_Wednesday_History_20240327

Baltimore bridge collapse: an engineer explains what happened, and what needs to change

url]https://www.livescience.com/technology/engineering/baltimore-bridge-collapse-a-bridge-engineer-explains-what-happened-and-what-needs-to-change?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=7E5AE3D4-E0D9-4B1C-B026-30C013C76C8F&utm_source=SmartBrief[/url]

Now let me tell you what also happened.  My hand to God - I thought yesterday this might arise.  On a noon news show just now they discussed the new protest to un-name the Key Bridge when it is reconstructed.  He owned slaves.  God help us.

P

I know of what you speak. And, it distresses me as well.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #2979 on: March 28, 2024, 06:58:28 PM »

Well Puff, I am voting for Illinois!   They are the underdogs too,   Glory be I am also watching the Cubs opening Day Game!   Wow! Me in South Ga and they are on my tv!  Good old espn!   Have some other things to waTch but there is too much on tonight!  Puff, I know you have said you are a Sox fan but i have to day My Heart, she is in .Wrigley Field!

Phyl, remember I said that as I got into the exercise, the episodes on the left side became less at only 5 seconds,  i was still dizzy when not doing the exercise.  Never had dizziness on the right side!  The ent did the Eply and that fixed it least for now!

I think I will have to get a pork roast!  Have not had one in ages.  They are so good!   The other white meat!  Nite all and may the best team win!   Go Illinois!

OldGuy, heard Menards cash register  were iff line system wide  for an hour or so  this afternoon!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 08:31:04 PM by karengramke »

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2980 on: March 28, 2024, 10:33:35 PM »

BL - What you wrote in the beak in remembrance of your Mentor is so beautiful-straight from your heart.  I like the Jack Daniels Black tribute. {{{Bl}}}

Og - Thank you for all links!

Baz - Yes you have beautiful surroundings of nature on your walks!

Clynn - Big Congratulations to Talon on his Green Belt!!!!!! Good for him!!!!!   Love the DNN sweet screen cap!

Phyl - How is Jim doing?  Thank you for all links!

kB - Good luck with getting those 'boulders' out of your driveway (ice).  Hope you get some nice Spring (thaw out) weather soon!

LisaG- Gorgeous Easter basket! 

Puff - oh no . . .

Tig - Read the link you posted.  Sounds like there will be more to come on the name. . . .

Karen - Hope you enjoyed your pedicure. :)

Baz - Enjoy your yummy dinner!

Tsk - Good point.

Lani- I sort of lost track, but will Mike be home for Easter weekend?  How are the girls? :)

Hi Lori  :)

Beakers have a good night.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2981 on: March 28, 2024, 11:24:10 PM »

KB sure wish  your snow would take a hiatus until next winter. I'm with Tig.

Tig nice concise info on FSK. Tks

Karen hope your back in proves soon.  thank you for the exercise reminder;  had pork loin chops last Monday,  marinated  o/nite  in cooking sherry, sage,  bay leaf, fresh ground black pepper,  'No Salt'  salt substitute    aka  potassium chloride , olive oil . Then baked/basted. Served with mashed baby red potatoes, tsps of  pan drippings gently mixed in cream of mushroom soup for potatoes ,buttered /seasoned green beans w/ 'garden salad, white wine.   Indeed 'the other white meat'   ;)

Eagles  he's not been able to get appts w/ pulmonologist or nephrologist to date---booked   up. 

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.       🙏 's
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 12:22:05 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2982 on: March 29, 2024, 12:55:41 AM »

Kb, I hope the snow removal has went well.  :)

{{{Baz}}} sorry, what a game!  :( ... I hope you enjoyed your dinner, pork roast sounds delicious. I'll need to get one this weekend.

Puff, I understand what you're saying and it is upsetting for me too.

Alabama and ISU lost, both was a surprise to me. :P , congrats to Illinois fans

Puff, Karen, I forgot about baseball's opening day! Go KC Royals and AZ Diamondbacks!  ;D ...

Eagles, Mike has been given tomorrow off, a nice three day weekend. Hopefully, we will see Shannon on Sunday. Aly is fine. Will you have your mom and sister over for Easter?

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}}

Good night!

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #2983 on: March 29, 2024, 01:09:14 AM »

Hello Beakers

This Tourney is in chaos ...  3 games out of 4 were upsets tonight - U Conn was the only favored team to win....  ::)

Nevada County Water Emergency!    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCFWsP6KLzg

Maru avoids trouble by using push cart   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvI0Dg5YPUk

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Puff

« Reply #2984 on: March 29, 2024, 05:14:28 AM »

Yay for Illinois - One more of our teams today, Purdue.  Hope they follow the trend.

Then there's our baseball losers.  Made some big changes/decisions.  IMO they need to worry more about getting a winning good team together rather than a new stadium.  Winning brings in the crowds/$$$.

Glad to hear Lisa that the worst is over for you.  Now we have to be concerned for E4E.  We are a bit back to nice here.  Sun and warmer reappearing is the reassurance.   Finally improving with the nasty wind, too.  Prayers and concerns for you both.

Plus I just have to mention a news report from this morning -  California, 103 years old, veteran of WWII, in a wheelchair.  Facing a $1,000 fine because a fence has graffiti.  What in the world!!!!  Things are sometimes disgusting and impossible to me; it's so obviously wrong.  It's not the first time.  And where is  the family, neighbors, and friends?

P

« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 05:25:18 AM by Puff »