Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 156903 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4230 on: May 08, 2024, 06:39:19 AM »

TIG   Thank you for the news about the recovery of the 6th bridge worker.  As the commentator said  - sad but a relief for the families.  RIP Jose

PHYL    You made it and no rain anyway  LOLOL  Big job done.  Happy Sunday???  LOLOL  Love the colorful chime.  Oh Oh  hidden mallard nest  :o 365

PUFF   Yes I saw the damage at Kalamazoo - Fed Ex building...Lots of tornados in their area.  Joliet also had a lot of flooding - Think they closed I57 to clear all the water.   I saw that weather warning on the TV.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #4231 on: May 08, 2024, 06:46:53 AM »

Good Morning Puff!  Glad you are fine and hope there were not too many things blown around your area last evening!   Know folks in many of the towns listed in your report!  Up early today and looking out at a dense fog advisory!  63 degrees now with 98 % humidity!  Going to 91!   La Nina due in June bringing with her the possibility of 😞33 Atlantic coast hurricanes!   Last year  there were 14! 
Got up very late yesterday!  Trouble going to sleep that night!  After I got going, the help took me to .target to return some filters for my water pitcher and found the correct  ones  that add plastic to the other junk they take out of the water stream!   Then walked around the store for a long time  buying things I did not know I needed!   Then home to a lot of phone calls!
Vickie (wiskeringwings) posted that .e 23 has not been seen since last Friday  afternoon.  Hevwas 124 days old which is the average dispersal time, At this nest.  She still stops in as the kids have been known to revisit the nest.
Housekeeper due at 10:30 so signing off to do a few things!
(((Jose)))

« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 06:14:46 PM by karengramke »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4232 on: May 08, 2024, 06:50:34 AM »

TSK- luv Garfield.     What was I thinking this AM?    ::)   Thanks I fixed it.  ;)  Such terrible weather for yours/Puff's area. Why do
we have to have tornados --all those high and low pressures duking  it up in the atmosphere.   Take care.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4233 on: May 08, 2024, 06:54:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Puff, we had some pop-up storms last evening here!  It got darker, the wind whipped up and it rained hard...for just a few minutes. Then the sun came back out. It happened two or three times! Nothing on the radar. nr posted this on FB with the caption : Again?

Lani, cute good night pic, sleeping well...I slept well last night. Had been tossing and turning for a few nights. Hugs for you and your fur babies...  Thank youagain for bring theRoyal Alby update.

Phyl, didn't end up getting plants yesterday, but we will today! I was just tired, probably from not sleeping for a couple of nights!  All is right now. Hope Jim is better and better and you too! And Maggie, of course!  Last night Sophie reached up and gave Harley a big hug around the neck - and he didn't run off or hiss at all!  365, it sure seemed like Mama Duck could sense the camera or the slight noise! Ticks, yes, YUK! We didn't used to have to worry about Lymes disease!  77 for the high here today, rain this afternoon and this evening. Interesting on the tennis skirts, I cannot imagine trying to play with a long dress and a bustle! Such strict rules for women back in the days!

tsk, the stories of the explosion remind me of the old gossip game we used to play as kids. Something is passed on the person next to you and by the time it gets back around it is totally different! Your toaster post reminded me of my Mother's Day gift for Mom. When I was there she said she needed to get a new toaster, hers was only toasting half of the bread. We kept forgetting to look for one. Si I found a nice Cuisinart at Kohl's. On sale, I had 30% off and some Kohl's Cash.  It ended up costing me less than $12! And free shipping!

baz, sounds like you are doing all the right things for your finger!

karen, laughing at you finding things in Target that you didn't know you needed! Happens to me all the time! Hope the bad weather passes over you!  How is Piper doing these days?

Finally, Iris lets us see her first egg with NG!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #4234 on: May 08, 2024, 08:07:07 AM »

Lani- Yes, I understand Dennis and Vi very well, as well.

Where I'm coming from is simple: I think at least nearby homeowners would be grateful to understand what NOT to do in home life.
Meaning if there is a lesson to be learned then share it for all homeowners as prevention.

Finding out it was a homeowner installed gas dryer brings some comfort to me and others, as we wouldn't do that. Maybe also a warning to others?

I never was sure that anything would be learned by this tragedy. As many incidents never get back to the cause.

Anyway, we apparently will have to look at, drive by it, for quite some time. For Dennis and Vi that will be the worst.

LisaG1967

« Reply #4235 on: May 08, 2024, 08:58:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I am glad to hear that all Beakers are safe from the weather.

tig - Thanks for the info on 6th worker :(

Phyl - Thanks, and thanks for the links.

karen - Oh good on E4E.  How nice of the help to take you to Target. 

Puff -  I had to laugh when you said, "I guess I died when I hit the sheets".  My Daddy could sleep thru a hurricane, and I am not kidding!  When I was younger, I only remember leaving the house one time to go someplace safer for a hurricane. 

tsk - LOL, funny morning greeting and so true!

clynn - Love the pic from Hellgate.  Wow, the pic of the storm clouds from nr

kb and all
- Morning  :)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4236 on: May 08, 2024, 09:34:15 AM »

BL, this story came across my email and of course, I thought of you!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/world-record-tuna-the-largest-tuna-ever-caught/vi-AA1nWPYJ?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=7eba39918a0a4d9fbf88eadd3646649b&ei=19

Lisa, lovely hydrangeas! This is the greenhouse we are going to! Look at the hostas!

kb, sorry that you will have to look at and drive by the destroyed house for quite some time. Maybe it will be demolished and there will be an empty lot?

Lani, just checked on Hellgate, love hearing Iris call for NG!  https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/hellgate-ospreys/#  Ng brooding and Iris watching over the nest.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4237 on: May 08, 2024, 10:24:18 AM »

some bounce
Just back from the pool. Yard werk day...
These are the coleus that will match the front house decor:
   https://www.gertens.com/coleus-inferno-annual
   https://www.gertens.com/coleus-main-street-beale-street

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #4238 on: May 08, 2024, 10:33:26 AM »

Clynn - It's already demolished with half the house thrown in the basement and other half in piles surrounded by orange fencing.

Big However!....just walked home with Ollie man. I saw 4 huge still empty dumpsters parked there so the intention to remove it is there Maybe this weekend?..

Don't have a clue if they intend to remove the foundation...if not, when junk removed it will look better as a hill with a basement only!..LOL

Off to mow/weed whip front again, LOL..with all this rain. Primarily though my maple has "thrown" voluminous amount of seed on grass and driveway so will bag it up.
Plus, turn the water on in the front yard...haven't had to yet, but a stretch of dry weather ahead. My grass seed will still need to be watered.

Later.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 10:36:45 AM by kbshcb »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4239 on: May 08, 2024, 11:15:04 AM »

Happy Wednesday Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Puff}}} glad you're okay after the terrible storms around you.

Phyl, what a peaceful setting for Mother Mallard until the snake came slithering  :-\ ... thanks for info and links...

Tsk, I felt like Garfield this morning... keep safe from the storms.  :-*

Karen, Isn't that amazing how many things you can buy off your list at Target? LOL! I always come out with more than I planned. Walmart is that same... you have a busy day planned, take care.

Clynn, love your morning posts, especially baby bluebird.... oh my dark skies posted by nr.... what a great find for your mom. Online shopping is the way to go. She'll love it... NG is a wonderful mate for Iris. He loves to brood, taking good care of Iris, egg and nest. He reminds me a lot of Stanley. He's right there when Iris calls. What a blessing.... I pray you have many more good night's sleep. Be safe from the storms :-* ... WOW! What a huge Tuna! ... beautiful greenhouse.

Kb, many lessons learned from the explosions... prayers for all {{{Dennis and Vi}}}

Lisa, Mike's the same way, he can sleep through any sounds. Even if Sadie is barking by his ear....

Tig, beautiful Coleus

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #4240 on: May 08, 2024, 12:25:42 PM »

Lani - Funny morning pic!  Oh my, Sadie barking in Mike's ear and he can sleep!   ;D

kb - Jeff took the day off and did our lawn today.  It has been growing good with all the rain we have had lately.

tig - The coleus are pretty!

clynn - Oh, I would love to go to Goode's. Oh, a yucky rain day for Iris and NG?

oldguy

« Reply #4241 on: May 08, 2024, 12:30:10 PM »

Hello Beakers

Clynn - here is a very complete review of toasters - the Cuisinart was one of the best of the under $50 units...
Best Toaster? $23 vs $230? Let's Find Out!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_9Sbpaa4XM

Here is an update from yesterday on the Iceland volcano...
Iceland's Spatter Cone Sputters, Uplift Continues Ahead of Next Event: Geologist Analysis   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-xA_paUdzM

Army Will Use Explosives To Drop Bridge Truss From MV Dali   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjVh5gqcrKY

Bought Shark Meat from Japan as a Treat for LuLu (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn00IprVdcI

Maru drops the carp streamer and looks smug   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux16Y5MCH4
360°cute creature is lying on the floor   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9XtjsXhkM8

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4242 on: May 08, 2024, 01:11:04 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

KB     They may never know the whole story about that explosion/owners...And you know how stories change as they are passed on person to person. :o

TSK, I agree. Dennis and Vi are smart to separate themselves as much as possible from all the "talk/gossip/stories" going around. Why take on that stress in addition to the stress they must already be dealing with related to the damage to their own property. They are smart to just let their insurance company deal with the other homeowner's insurance, or no insurance. That's part of the job Vi's homeowner insurance company takes on.

TSK, Lani and others, thanks for your encouragement as I try to follow the OT and hand ortho's prescribed instructions.  :) :-* :-* I'm definitely not a perfect patient, LOL!! But I do want to get the most from the pros who are treating me, else it would be a waste of my time and money to go to them for their expertise and services. I'm doing therapy for all three middle fingers on my right hand. The thumb and little finger are good, though! Yay!  :D  But all three of the other fingers on that hand were sprained in my fall, in addition to the middle finger having the break in it's middle joint. ::)   I would be much farther along with what I can do if I were only dealing with the broken joint in the middle finger. The sprains in all 3 fingers will take time to heal, too - sometimes longer than a fracture, which the OT reminded me about the other day.

No walking exercise for me the last couple days, or today... my bum knee is being weird, while hurting a lot. Sheese...  ::)  Ho hum... but it will get better. It better!
  ;D

I still have today's posts to read and catch up on in The Beak, so... BBL!  :D

« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 01:54:00 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4243 on: May 08, 2024, 01:53:19 PM »

Finally, Iris lets us see her first egg with NG!

Clynn, thanks for that sweet pic of Iris with her egg, thanks to NG! I just love it!  :-* :-*  I'm glad you got some sleep and are feeling good again - you need your sleep before hardcore shopping!!  ;)  Glad you didn't have severe weather at your place - that's a dramatic-looking sky that NR posted the picture of! Great buy for your mom's toaster gift! Cute story about Harley accepting Sophie's hug.  :) :-* Hope you have good weather to go plant shopping today.  :)

Karen, did you get to your ENT appt you mentioned a few days ago? How's your vertigo doing - did the ENT do another treatment? LOL on finding so many things you didn't know you needed while shopping at Target!  ;D ;D  Good luck with the shot for your back - I hope it's soon and helps more!

I hope everyone in the path of the storms stays safe today. Please stay alert for any severe weather warnings in your area.

I gotta run for now...   :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4244 on: May 08, 2024, 01:59:45 PM »

KAREN  You are living a very busy life of late - that is what more daylight does to us  LOLOL

CLYNN  Such a cute birds nest  LOL   You are such a good deal maker - I must say I saved $30.00 at the grocery today with my loyalty coupons and digital deals and $8.00 off for spending $80 or more - which is not at all hard to do these days.  ;) ;)   Pretty color on those osprey eggs.  If my math is right , that tuna was 528#   :o :o :o   Hostas come in some pretty cool varieties.

LISA   Pretty AM hydrangea.   Did get my annuals ( 90%)  this AM at 8:30!!!   but am waiting on my hanging pots.  Not much to choose from at the 2 groceries where they are about $10 cheaper than at the big boxes or nurseries which are not selling the 10" pots which I like.  Will not plant til Friday/Sat as tomorrow is supposed to be rain all day.

TIG   That combo of color should look really nice.  Will wait for the pic  ;)

LANI    Peek a boo  ;) ;)

OLDGUY  Good links - thanks
Chicagoland