Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 661583 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28455 on: May 17, 2024, 05:48:06 AM »

Mother and Daughter, a new sight, and Good News - UPDATE May 16, 2024

Snowball
Andrea
Andrea

Snowball gave a nice look at her distinctive face with brown patches going up onto her forehead as she rested in a white pine. Her mother Andrea showed her own smaller patches so we’d know where Snowball got hers.

Turkey vulture and seagull
Turkey vulture and seagull

A new sight, is a turkey vulture landing just outside my desk window while a herring gull stood still calmly watching. Turkey vultures weigh about 4 pounds and Herring gulls about 2 ½ pounds, but it took more than a turkey vulture coming on with its wings spread to scare this gull. The turkey vulture also gave a view up on a branch near the window and a face-on picture with its dark body framing its colorful head.

Turkey vulture head
Turkey vulture head
 Turkey vulture
Turkey vulture
Good news is progress on the feature documentary movie BEARWALKER being made by award-winning film-makers Oak Island Films and Merit Motion Pictures. It’s a film we all want to do, bears a lot of good by having it show the new view they’ve revealed bit by bit throughout my 50 years of research. The movie will be an update of the Bearwalker documentary playing in the Bear Center and that we will eventually replace with the upgrade. They are looking for high definition video if anyone might have captured something of interest. They are looking for video to carry on the message the bears have been showing us over the decades. Anyone interested in helping fund this project can learn more by contacting Judy Thon at [email protected] . The film-makers are coming to Ely in a couple weeks. If you’d like to meet them, get in touch with Judy Thon.

I know what these producers are capable of from what they’ve each done over the years. I’m looking forward to what they can now do together.

Thank you to Ted Oakes and Peter Lown and thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28456 on: May 17, 2024, 06:00:41 AM »

hi you guys its 54 here not raining but it sure did yesterday rained hard at times  such a good update love the pics and wow to that seagull not moving from on coming turkey vulture but really that seagull is kinda stocky. great pics of turkey vulture happy to see them at docs place i think they are beautiful love that close up on its face.

hi joho yes very hard to travel if you are ill i could not do it amazing you went last year and drove all that did you say debbie made travel arrangement and you guys were going to fly? i hope she is better by then cause really hard to do that and be sick. maybe you will see snowball and film makers on bearwalker and that turkey vulture. so much to see up there.  alot of work washing and changing bed linen i only do it when a cat pukes on mine  :) rest of the time i just brush off stuff lay down my blankets go to bed come on cali get up here.

Hi Paulie! are you having tons of rain too?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B9055D593B3C?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28457 on: May 17, 2024, 09:49:25 AM »

6:14 Cloudy and wet this morning.  Rained some in the night I guess, but streets are about 40% dry now.
Karen brought over some veggie stuffed red sweet peppers for dinner.  We played a game of rummy, and I won.  She says I win whenever we play cards at my house.  She may be right.  I don't keep track.
Not sure what I will do today.  I am out of bread, and do not see the usual sales for my favorite.  I do see some other good looking sales for things I don't need, but could use at Fligner's in Lorain.  I may go there, and on the way stop in for a Greek Salad or maybe some baklava and a gyro.  It is also in Lorain and starts at 11 am.  It is an annual church fund raiser.  Very popular, and well organized.  It is drive through only, and has a long serpentine line of cars with runners taking orders from the drivers.
There is one prescription waiting at Drugmart.  So that may be my first stop. 
Now I will get started.  Bye for now.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are sufferring today.

calihoula

« Reply #28458 on: May 17, 2024, 01:28:44 PM »

hi you guys its hot over 80 and extremely humid tons of flies jim was going to let indy out i said let me spray him first so he kinda got sprayed he hates flies and spraying just kinda okay but so humid and all spraying does not last even if you pay for wont sweat off it does i told jim want him back in at noon it was 10 am i  knew indy would want back in i turned ac in barn down from 73 to 72 so jim let him out he then went over to grave mud and rolled  :( at little before noon i went out to throw cookies fill water saw indy said hi boy you ready to come in yes i am! here comes jim in gator he came in i said here is his little bowl of grain you go try first jim went out indys back door i heard him well hi boy no indy jim yells get the gator rats had to go back out in gator jim getting ready to open pasture gate indy in the background saw me here he comes i said hi boy jim turned indy right there talking to me jim put his lead rope on i told indy i will meet you in the barn that mule of mine does not like heat humidy flies rain ice snow cold he does not like big wind either other than that he is good. he does like to roll run buck and he loves to toot! :)

hi joho what did karen have stuffed in her red sweet peppers? sounds good. does she win at cards when you play at her house? getting food for church is good and its drive thru! even better you sure have lots of stuff you can go do and you do! dont forget to go to drugmart first

hi paulie do you fix dinner every day? i make my own frozen pizza little debbie snack jelly sandwich no big stuff and have not gone inside to eat out since way before covid came. use to eat at my moms on weekend or mom went to mcdonalds or her backyard burger she got a bacon sandwich and that bacon better be cooked well done! lots of tomatoes no sauce of any kind none! i would think please get her stuff right  :)jim makes his food i use to cook alot dont miss that at thanksgiving i made my homemade sweet yeast rolls and my grannys pumpkin bread jim made real mash potatoes jar gravy
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28459 on: May 17, 2024, 01:44:55 PM »

Well that bridge is closed
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28460 on: May 17, 2024, 02:45:00 PM »

Cal,
 Debbie says you better keep your other pets off that bridge.
Karen's pepper stuffing is a mystery, but I do think you would like it.  I could only identify a few ingredients like rice, avocado, tomatoes, zucchini, there were others, possibly lentils, but definitely no meat.
Karen does win at her house.  For example, I challenged her to cut the deck for over-all winner the other night at her place.  I got a nice clean 10 of spades.  She blew me out of the water with a glowing ace of hearts.
Well I went to drugmart, and I am glad to be home with you all now.  Got twice what I wanted on my list.  Found a $5.99 coupon for KFC.  So I went there instead of to church and store in Lorain.  I am still sipping the diet Pepsi I got with the combo at KFC  The last time I went to that church for dinner it cost me close to fifty dollars, but it was well worth it because Debbie wanted it.  She is too sick to eat again today.  I would gladly go there and spend $50 if she were up to it.
Dear God, please help her get by this illness soon.  A year is long enough.
 I will go now and start cooking something for dinner tonight.  It will be made using my favorite French's chili-o mix that you got me a while ago.  This packet came from Shannon.
CUL EV1 GBU and all those who are suffering today.

calhound

« Reply #28461 on: Yesterday at 06:27:08 AM »

hi you guys its 59 here not raining but suppose too tomorrow night monday and tuesday  :(

hi joho our friends rick and kerri moved to florida i think a year ago rick was telling me how he walked down to the end of his property they are on a canal and he was watching a big gator omg rick you had your dog yes but got a fence why he has a bird cage around his pool and everyone else no way would i want to live there it rains there alot its hot tons of bugs no thanks my lottery dream house on hgtv with david bromstad he lives in orlando and says he does not have a bird cage with his pool he doesnt want weird tan lines yet he is covered with tattoos? i wish debbie was all healed.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/5B055D58B24C?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28462 on: Yesterday at 07:32:45 AM »

6:46  64 partly cloudy here. I like Ohio.  I am used to it.
 Debbie should be off duty today.  She will probably do some dog activity at the county pound. Bash's other grand parents, Mary's Rio in laws, are in town.
 I think Bash's Grandpa will run today in the Cleveland Marathon.  He goes all over the world to run.
Came here first this morning. I won't see Karen today.  I am on my own for the weekend.  She will be at her girl's house pulling weeds.
  Now coffee is cooling and cereal is waiting. So CUL EV1  GBU all.

calihoula

« Reply #28463 on: Yesterday at 09:10:44 AM »

hi joho i sure could use a weed puller! :)

johoward

« Reply #28464 on: Yesterday at 04:53:30 PM »

North eagles are on highlights. The, Five baby, goose family is looking good.  I still believe the, one baby, family adopted the wrong way baby from the Decorah nest.
Very nice day here, but I am just laying around watching golf. Also, the Preakness is on all day too.  These horses look so intelligent, and interested in everything that is going on.  There is a lot of foolishness around the track and the infield.  Not so many hats as the derby, but lots of odd outfits.
I relayed  your dog shame to Karen and Debbie.  Laurie, my neighbor, went to the Greek church for gyros last night.  She really liked the fries.  I could still go there today up until 8pm if I get over being so lazy. 
I will go back to the TV now.  GBU EV1.

calihoula

« Reply #28465 on: Yesterday at 07:05:49 PM »

You gotta clean em up once in a while  :)

calhound

« Reply #28466 on: Today at 06:18:01 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here i think no rain today but after 4 pm rain and weather lady said rain monday big storms tues high winds ya ya ya you say that all the time! i heard on the radio houston area out of power and be almost a 100 today my cousin janice lives in houston area so i need to see if she is okay if not her son will get her and take her to their home an her little dog too of course. we be huge dogs lovers. on my dads side of family

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BE055D552D4D

johoward

« Reply #28467 on: Today at 09:40:45 AM »

5:33   
Great day here this morning. 74 degrees and sunny.  Lots of walkers going by my front window.  Again I don't have anything planned.  Maybe go fishing or bike riding.  Or both.  Might go see Bonnie this afternoon.  Definitely will stop in to see her if I go fishing, because she is on the way back from the fishing hole.  I just have to remember to take her Reese Cup along from my fridge.  Will keep it on ice in my Igloo. If I catch any fish I will photograph them and let them go.  I promise.
Karen had a long hard day yesterday pulling lots of weeds.  I did not see her, and probably will not see her today.  Not sure yet.  If I hit the road early, I will definitely not see her.  I may call her later just to check in.  She was very sore after crawling around in flower beds all day.  Debbie likes to do this too. Joan and I used to do a lot of this together.  I would still like to help them, but my knees are too old.  I cannot kneel on my new knee.  Plus I cannot get up.
Well I am ready for the world.  So I will say so long for a while.  GBU EV1.