Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:48:12 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by kbshcb
tsk - hmm, I have no comment on the EGO weed whip if that's what you mean by string trimmer?

I bought a relatively inexpensive Black and Decker weed whip...battery powered and it's worked just fine for several years now. I have replaced the string once in all this time. Also a you tube video for that.

I always say to myself the simpler machine often the better. Which often relates to cheaper, LOL

Is that what you mean by string trimmer?...a weed whip?

on: Today at 02:44:00 PM 
Started by STLbf - Last post by STLbf
Ya, Nora, it's bonding time for Newman and U-09.  Closeups today show that she's growing some adult gray-blue feathers on her shoulders and back.

on: Today at 02:32:18 PM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
"Hey mom we're here!!!" as she picks at the gravel.....

"Oh good you're coming back to us!"

on: Today at 02:07:08 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by tsk34
KB    Migrating feral hogs - What next... :-\ ???   Spent much of the AM learning how to use my new EGO power string trimmer. - and realizing how fast the string is used!!!  A real learning curve on this one.  As soon as I watch some Youtube video's on its operation I'll be done for the day!

CLYNN  Petrified forest for our family was I think 1962-3?

LISA   How anxious I would be waiting for repair when I need to be somewhere  :o :o     And forever, 11 AM will not pass without you thinking of Mom and telling her you miss her.  :'(   Nathan Page  :-* :-*

PUFF    Petrified tree "stone" and "shattering" don't seem to go together???     As I read from Lani's article the logs are pure quartz....     Love your AM routine.  We all have one. LOL

LANI   God bless your sister.   :-* for being there for you.   I think those "sisters" are cloistered.  LOLOL

on: Today at 12:54:22 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Phyl

{{{LISA}}}- so glad you're able to sleep.  And what a sweet note from Nathan Page.

CLYNN- Great going Bella !  ;)     ROTFL  your photo of BL and his  bass.   Fantastic snaps of Monument Valley, Arizona   and    Shiprock Peak, New Mexico.

TSK- wonderful gift the prayer shawl for Lisa.   :-*     I treasure the one our church put on my mother.

OG- great advice for Lisa. That will  stop a lot of unnecessary issues.  ;)

PUFF- :)

LANI- glad you felt better and were able to chat w/ your sis and catchup.

on: Today at 12:45:15 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by kbshcb
So after a morning of mowing, walking Ollie, laundry, vacuuming etc

Ollie man and I are enjoying a little jazz...Duke Ellington and John Coltrane...so relaxing

I grew up on it as Dad played Jazz piano in the house by ear and that's all he played on the stereo!

Too cloudy here for anymore outside enjoyment....my pup and I are enjoying our indoor scene at the moment.

Later....hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!

on: Today at 11:56:28 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Lani

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Puff}}}, I understand your problem and I'm sorry... I have a friend from the Navajo Nation, I will send her an email with your question. But, if she has no answer, here is a link to an article about "How did the Petrified wood get cut" in the Arizona Highway. Maybe you can contact the author of the article or other contacts at Arizona Highway. It's a fantastic magazine.
https://www.arizonahighways.com/blog/how-did-those-petrified-logs-get-cut

{{{Lisa and Brien}}} so much to do  :-*.... what a lovely note from Nathan Page.... our ice maker needs to be repaired too.

{{{Kb}}} darling Loveird... thanks for story of the wild pigs... I understand, there is a caring grief group handled through our hospice here in Payson.

Clynn, YAY Bella, you're just awesome!! I remember when you were just a baby. :-*  ;D .. I take Aleve anyway, that's it.... My sis is fine, busy life as mom and grandma, I needed to talk to someone yesterday and she's always there.... Majestic Shiprock and Monument Valley in the Navajo Nation... we drove through Petrified Forest in goes through both Navajo and Apache Counties, you check in and out with both tribe ranger stations.

Phyl, the nature vids from France are always special... interesting chili peppers article, never noticed a change. Hot is hot to me!

Karen, I never miss an early morning walk with Sadie. We start at 5:30am and home by 6:45.... my phone visit with my sister heals all... have a good day.

on: Today at 10:28:42 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Puff
Lisa - Even though there will not be a funeral, be sure to post an obit in the local newspaper.  This is a legal point - once posted, it sets a time limit for anyone to submit a claim of debt.

I thought of that "time" issue too OG for legal situations.  Just when all you want to do is think and remember and enjoy your memories - there's always something.

on: Today at 10:25:06 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Puff
Ah ha - Y'all will have to add a third to the "early up group"  Blaming it on two habits:  When teaching I had to get up early, dressed, natural beauty routine, and out on the interstate about  6 a.m. to get into the city before it started its snail speed.  Second:  Ashley liked to eat at sunrise!  That pain in the Ash, even when that the ended, she didn't understand retirement routine and would make it 4 a.m.  :o  at times.  Now unless sleep is really DONE I may as well get up and start covering the agenda/routine I've set for myself while I should have been asleep.  First things, heat the hot water for tea, turned on the computer then run through the computer usual fav sites.  That is between 5 and 5:30.  Then check my emails to see if any of my clients have called asking me to help with that world cruise they always thought about doing.  Of course they become #1 on the to-do list for the day!  (a figment of my imagination).  After emails is when I read/check through the bird channels (5)  and drink my now cold tea.  :-[

But I am on about 5 and monitoring or busy; like today - darn it's already 10am!  So be careful if you talk about me.  Agenda, cuz I over did yesterday, i have to get out today to get "things" I need to go out and finish chores.  But after nice today (70's) tomorrow will be back up again; I will make tomorrow's shorter than yesterday!

From the Petrified Forest mentioned I got reminded to once again try to locate a native person to see about fixing the windchime make of "petrified tree stone" that I bought once when there.  Only native Navajo people are allowed to harvest, own, sell it; it is theirs only to sell in nation approved enterprises. 
So two years ago a wind storm damaged my chime.  Found it on the ground in pieces; one piece shattered into pieces, one piece in two parts.  So many things I've tried to get someone in the Nation or a the local resident to help me.  I feel so bad.  Thousands of years to create.   They trusted me with their precious heritage and now it's wounded.  And, my great-grandmother Marie was Cherokee.  Can it be fixed?  Maybe there's "proper" handling that should be done, kinda like the handling of an eagle feather.   I got it oh so long ago - no outlet name, no town there, found nothing on the computer.  Like I said, I was trusted and flubbed my rub.  Maybe Lani has a state contact?  Her heritage would make me think she also appreciate matters of heritage.

Well, I still have a lot to do today now - let me get my bum moving.
BTW I will be ordering the Chinese food today!!!!!

on: Today at 10:07:09 AM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
She hatched #2 about 8 AM.

0643 Feeding

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10