Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 647881 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23430 on: May 27, 2021, 06:09:23 AM »

hi you guys i got to go see the dr this morning no update

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DF055D5BBDFA?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23431 on: May 27, 2021, 11:56:05 AM »

8  34  how is cal  I am ok Dr was pleased yesterday    see him again next wed.  tired and sore now cul  gb

calhound

« Reply #23432 on: May 27, 2021, 02:02:59 PM »

HI joho! :) so grace said my foot looked really good. she was happy. i told her that strap on that cruddy boot rubs my ankle bad and she saw it and my little toe that split strap rubbed my little toe bad and she saw that too. bandage on my little toe loosen that strap and gave me thick padding to put across my foot for that strap. she said a man they did went and put his boots on fed his cows and tore up his surgery his toe went sticking way out again she said surgery was for nothing told me to stay good i come this far she said last time i could walk on my heel use moms walker to go to the barn i been downstairs feeding the cats i do not step on the toes at all being real careful swelling down alot today in my foot too. i go back in 2 weeks take xrays and if they are good again start working on getting me in a shoe she said that will probably take a week or two when i left jim has parked way down there i was on my scooter flying down the sidewalk saw an old man going very slow using a walker i stopped my scooter got over for him he thanked me i asked him if he was okay he said yes thank you thinking someone worse off than me for sure. so happy you are back joho and dr pleased with you!!! yesterday mom tv was turning her two eggs and then took her quite awhile to get herself all situation on them but she did. she is a very good mom!
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23433 on: May 28, 2021, 05:45:02 AM »

hey ev1 there are baby vultures.  i saw them yesterday  i saw mom eat some of the empty shell  north eaglets sufferred from the cold rain and wind  hope they are ok this morning. wont work for me.  sounds like cal will heal and not be worse forever.  gtg cul gb

calhound

« Reply #23434 on: May 28, 2021, 06:05:22 AM »

hi joho i wonder if she had a baby i thought i saw fuzz! :) i had to work on our books alot yesterday and lots to do got to go now big storm yesterday hail heavy rain barn is flooded where pearl is at jim  put out a bag of pellets sick of rain sick of it almost enough to sell and move everything and everyone go where it is cold alot maybe live with the bears!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/42055D59AA98?z=0

calhound

« Reply #23435 on: May 28, 2021, 09:56:16 AM »

tv mom looks like part of the egg shell next her

calhound

« Reply #23436 on: May 28, 2021, 10:13:22 AM »

mom and dad and baby joho is there just one baby?

calhound

« Reply #23437 on: May 28, 2021, 10:17:38 AM »

baby

johoward

« Reply #23438 on: May 28, 2021, 02:54:12 PM »

5:37 nice Caribbean hats.  I saw dad switch with mom this morning, and feed two baby.  They are really nice looking babies.
Rehab is getting easier and less painful already.  Hoping to get driving rights soon then home I go. Deb went to KY to see her best friend this morning.  Still on the road I guess.  I am waiting for her text of arrival.  Mary and Matt are discouraged by rain for rib burnoff, but may still happen. Shannon  will come see me at noon tomorrow.
Boss did good at doggy day camp so far. Did not see much bears today.
CUL  GB

calihoula

« Reply #23439 on: May 28, 2021, 03:37:00 PM »

hi joho thanks i thought there was two babies they are so cute! just darlings! i love tv so happy i got scout and his posse here every year wish better weather for them rain today but maybe not tomorrow but rain sun mon you are doing so good! how are you here? rehab have wifi and you got an ipad or laptop? how wonderful for deb to have a best friend and get to see bf! my boobies oldest niece jeanne called me today i sent a card with money with jim when he went to do ca new ac jeanne lives five townhouse down he went to see her gave her my card she was so happy to see her uncle jim had not seen him in awhile. he showed her pictures of my foot she felt bad for me i told her it looks alot better now im halfway done. she said her and scott said i have no idea how much that money meant to them i said made me happy to do it do you need more?  :) so i miss my best friend boobie every single day still have my jeanne. good boss doing good at doggy day care oh i could see my girls at one! and griz bark bark bark bark pee bark bark feed me bark bark pee where are you mom! :( bark bark cul gb
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #23440 on: May 29, 2021, 03:35:21 AM »

hi ev1
long ago joan bought a h p laptop so she could pogo while having knee replaced.  it is now here with me in knee rehab place on wi fi.  not perfect, but not too bad either.
had trouble sleeping all night.  so i got up.
  watching Riviera  with jane fonda.  good story.
now it is 4  30  i usually sleep until 6  so i will be napping today.
hope you all have a good memorial day
gb

calhound

« Reply #23441 on: May 29, 2021, 06:08:41 AM »

Daily Updates
More on the Cubs - UPDATE May 28, 2021 
28 May 2021
 Print Email
New information makes me think it was 12-year-old Star’s cubs that were hit by the car. If so, Star’s cubs were hit on the 18th, and I believe she spent the next six days taking care of cubs that were recovering or dying. Star in den 2-15-12
Star in den 2-15-12
She was then spotted in the area on the 24th and each day since with one female cub, which is the sex of the vigorous cub that I carried back into the woods where she’d be closer to her mother and away from the highway. The other cub was limp when it was carried off the highway and into the woods in the mother’s mouth. I presume that one died, leaving Star with only the one cub. Most mothers in the peak of their reproductive years have more than one cub, suggesting that she lost one.

The cub with Star is part of the fifth generation after Shadow. The year each generation was born in this line of her clan is: Shadow (1987), Blackheart (1997), Donna (2000), Shannon (2005), Star (2009), and the present female that is not yet named (2021). Here is a link to the latest Shadow's Clan Chart.

The picture of Star was taken back on February 15, 2012 when she had just turned three and we were checking on her to see if she had cubs. She waited until the next year when she was four and has had cubs every second year since then.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center.

calhound

« Reply #23442 on: May 29, 2021, 06:16:20 AM »

hi you guys its 48 here and not raining i think maybe no rain today but then rain back sunday and monday tues wed thur crooked river is high i feel bad for stars one cub happy the other one is okay thank you dr rogers for carrying her off the highway the picture of star looks sad to me too she looks scared in her eyes. wish they all could feel safe. :(

hi joho yes good you got that laptop came in handy i taped blacklist last night will watch it later today did you watch it? griz barking jim telling him to shut up  so better hurry. gb

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DD055D5ADE62?z=0

lupinelady

« Reply #23443 on: May 29, 2021, 06:46:01 AM »

Good morning all- beautiful here but chilly- 40- but no frost. Light winds so i think i'll go out soon and work on spreading mulch. Yesterday was one of those windy, drizzly days so we cleaned the house. We may have a nephew and his wife for a meal sometime between now and tuesday. They will be in town to move their parents (my hubby's brother and his wife) to different accomodations. So we don't know their plans and they really can't predict how things will go. I said -no problem- nothing fancy- we'll order pizza and sil will bring a tossed salad.

cal- so glad to hear you doing well. I had an ortho appointment a few weeks ago and while we were waiting a lady came in using a scooter and i thought of you. Quite the ride!

johoward- so glad you also are doing good. Keep up the therapy and you'll be home soon.

Izzy is sitting on her perch in the south window watching the birds. She likes being outside with me too but doesn't like getting her feet wet. lol
Graduation parties this afternoon so i'd best get moving. Plus French Open tennis starts tomorrow- yay. Little coverage except for those with tennis channel. We have a channel that lists coverage starting at 7AM tomorrow but they aren't reliable. Bummer. I'll rely on computer live scoring and radio channel. 4 AM to about 4 PM.

Have a glorious day jewelies!

johoward

« Reply #23444 on: May 29, 2021, 07:50:52 AM »

gm ev1 7:15 on bus  but i am here.  very long night my mary was one of those with wind damaged electric service out in lakewood ohio ready for a nap already