Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 646996 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28380 on: April 28, 2024, 07:35:52 AM »

hi you guys its 60 and of course it is ^%$^ raining been raining since 7 last night non stop but raining for last 3 days and rain again all day today barn a big wet mess i been out there since 3 am hauling out buckets of water did that till 6 am came in to feed everyone and have to break losing battle out there keeps raining indys mound was kinda dry but by his water tank and salt block i put down his hay its still dry there and on down from there where he poops was still dry but on that other side water a pond. big old toad over in that corner talking indy looking and looking what is that. sweets area is dry but mound of hay like a mountain up to the top where his bed was took him 14 years to get it like that and be a huge process moving all that out. course if it would not have to rain hard for 4 days in a row that would help. i love winter love it no rain snow no rain no flies indy hates flies hates to be sprayed down for them but boy one or the other so spray you down. on a break cause today i will be out hauling out water thinking about stuff while out there

joho i sent you another email awhile ago would like to know if you got my other ones

hi paula i would feel like i have to sweep all my floors and try to dust and that is alot of work on me along with my barn stuff and animal stuff. we live on a gravel road and up the road men who do construction up and down the road at least 20 times a day jim gripes but way it is they leave tons of dust flying and we have a long driveway but makes it way up here. tractors etc too trucks and cars really lots of traffic for around here we like living rural did it for my horses and jim likes land bought it for us not other people his dad and mom omg cant have any dust but we do not live in the city and have someone to clean our house every sat no pets we live like my mom and dad did i dont think cathy and tim are like that but all roads are closed now due to yep flooding. cant get to walmart or town or anywhere. heard it on the farm but i already knew they would be. crooked river is clean out of its banks and its crooked winds all around so if you live around here your at home good we went to store before jim left cause knew this would happen. now i get hurt tuff luck no one can get here maybe keep those construction men at home today not really seen much traffic just real local like down the road and back.  so cathy and tim could not get here anyway and the mood i am in they are better off leaving me alone. tornado damage little down south of here and i saw heavy rain winds over in kansas power here did not go out went out lots of places in city and around there.

well break time over back to the barn hauling water

god you can give this rain a rest anytime now

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/99055D57189E?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28381 on: April 28, 2024, 08:27:19 AM »

5:43 Thanks Cal. got to go get started.  was up late and got up later.  So CUL EV1 GBU

calihoula

« Reply #28382 on: April 28, 2024, 11:38:02 AM »

it stopped raining! i hope for awhile next rain tues wed news said we got over 6 inches of rain jim called i told him ive been working on hauling out water not raining helps me make progress but its slow going maybe more rain later but maybe not im thinking   i told jim bed of gator full of water he was shocked lots rain we got
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28383 on: April 28, 2024, 12:12:02 PM »

Cal, So glad the rain stopped for you. It's good you take breaks/rests after you hauled buckets of water from 3 am to 6am then feeding other animals then more water buckets. Rain must have disturbed the toad that showed up in your barn.

Definitely wise of you and Jim to go to Walmart before he left.
Thanks for explaining about gravel road and roads flooded now and why no one could come to help. I understand your being in a mood where you better off left alone. Makes sense.

Good to no tornado or high winds there.
Take it easy when you can.

calihoula

« Reply #28384 on: April 28, 2024, 07:36:49 PM »

hi paulie done for the day im pooped but i made progress it sprinkled earler i was out dumping bucket of water oh no stop this rain it did sun kinda showed itself so please no rain tonight suppose to not rain tomorrow my barn birds out watching me eating cookies i threw in sweets area. hard him not there i try to not think on it just work help indy out. my mood little better rain just bad crazy rain real bad i hardly saw anyone going down my road today. looks like road maybe closed till tuesday radio said but what about the school bus? more rain wed thurs but hope not jims sister did not call me today i bet jim called her told her im working hard in barn i will call her tomorrow im beat oh shoot 7:30 time for bed hope you had a good day paulie did you have nice weather today? did you say you got four children are they all at home? you got dogs too? husband too? sorry so many questions but i dont know

hi joho i got progress in the barn what you do today
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28385 on: April 29, 2024, 04:24:30 AM »

hi you guys its 55 here no rain 44 in ice and 67 in kviv and 60 in the barn

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0D055D4FC9C5?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #28386 on: April 29, 2024, 05:24:40 AM »

well local news showing huge storms  again hitting tomorrow evening and wed and thursday 80% so barn will be right back i still got lots of water in there so today be working on it if nothing else jim be back friday night will help maybe rain will stop then cause well she has help now just stop raining i would like to order groceries pick up tomorrow at walmart but not sure road is open

johoward

« Reply #28387 on: April 29, 2024, 08:35:19 AM »

6:25 That is one happy dog.
Good morning y'all.  Been up for a while, but did not get to puzzle until just now. Did nothing yesterday.  TV all day and evening.  Put out feelers to Debbie and Karen, but Debbie was busy with ARF dogs and Karen was missing my texts all day for some reason.  Did finally get her on the phone late last evening.  She will work today, but I do hope she will come for some of my chicken soup this evening.  I need to go get some broth or stock.  Soup does not have enough liquid for my taste.  I don't want to just add water. I could use some coaching on which to add stock or broth.  I see them both at the stores, but I don't know the difference.  I am leaning toward which ever I come to first at the store.
Debbie is caring for Bash at Mary's house today.  Mary is too sick to bring him to Debbie's as usual.  She is close to her due date in June, I think 5 weeks only, and I am scared for her and her baby.  She has had repeated bouts of pain with nausea over the last few months.  She has been in emergency twice for this.  I have not heard a real diagnosis.  My Joan suffered like this through her second pregnancy due to undiagnosed gall stones.  There was no treatment due to the baby.  All we could do when it was finally diagnosed by a chiropractor was control Joan's fat intake.  This was difficult, but effective. I suggested this to Debbie, but she says three sonograms have not shown any stones.
 So I am left with prayer.  Her name is Mary for those inclined to pray for her.
Hang in there Cal.  You are doing what is needed so far, and we are rooting for you.  Sorry I did not check in until now.  I am sometimes glued to my TV and miss looking on computer for cams, and email, etc.
I will say bye for now EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, Mary and her baby, and those who are suffering.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28388 on: April 29, 2024, 09:20:12 AM »

hi paulie done for the day im pooped but i made progress it sprinkled earler i was out dumping bucket of water oh no stop this rain it did sun kinda showed itself so please no rain tonight suppose to not rain tomorrow my barn birds out watching me eating cookies i threw in sweets area. hard him not there i try to not think on it just work help indy out. my mood little better rain just bad crazy rain real bad i hardly saw anyone going down my road today. looks like road maybe closed till tuesday radio said but what about the school bus? more rain wed thurs but hope not jims sister did not call me today i bet jim called her told her im working hard in barn i will call her tomorrow im beat oh shoot 7:30 time for bed hope you had a good day paulie did you have nice weather today? did you say you got four children are they all at home? you got dogs too? husband too? sorry so many questions but i dont know

hi joho i got progress in the barn what you do today
Cal, Hopefully no rain for you today and road will open so you can go to Walmart tomorrow. When you think of sweets remember you did absolutely everything you could for him.  You sounded beat yesterday so hoping you slept good.

To answer your questions .. Yes to nice weather here. Sunny and today 87 tomorrow 86 then back to 70s. Yes to four children. They all have their own homes but live nearby. No more dogs since the last one passed away. Yes to husband ... 51 years. Three awesome granddaughters too.

johoward, Mary and her baby are in my prayers.

calihoula

« Reply #28389 on: April 29, 2024, 11:30:26 AM »

hi joho on break roads still closed due to flooding i hate your guts flooding prayers for mary dont know if it will help but i asked. i have no soup knowledge none nada so yes get first one you see if it turns out cruddy then next time get second one. i buy vegan soup already made out of can in micro in my mouth. we got this little bonsai tree in a box last friday no name i was oh no i dont want to care for that jim said you dont have time for that he thought it came from real estate on his dads condo people today jim text me our good friends rick and kerry sent it they moved to florida two years ago st something on the outer coast i talked to rick few months ago his dog died he was broke up told kerry dont go to shelter and get another one well she did cute puppy rick with big smile so happy for them i opened that tree box very small tree inside i put it in pot sitting in sun gave it water heading to walmart in morning if road is open get food for this little tree.

hi paulie i will have to walk walmart in the morning dont know if road be open so cant order says closed till tuesday late but maybe it might be open more rain for days starting tuesday night so tomorrow my only hope. your weather little warm for me my dogs but no rain for you!  very nice kids all got own places but close to you 3 grands and no dogs these dogs i have my kitchen coyotes last for me cali not kitchen coyote she is old like me i put her in my room when i go out to barn penny not nice to her makes me jim too mad little cali and big a** penny brownie was at end of her fence yard last night i came in at 7:30 pm tired let dogs out penny you have to go out too so she will go tell her get down that ramp and pee she runs down pees runs back inside brownie at very end trying to get something i yelled but brownie went deaf so i got my walker went down the ramp it was a squirrel that was on other side of fence it took off brownies hearing returned and she came in yes by the time i got in bed i went to sleep. my first husband we got married back in 1973 i was thinking last year that was fifty years ago my niece jeanne told me he passed away last year april 30 made me sad he had three kids four grands one grandson that was very close to his papa cool you been married 51 years not killed each other jim and i have to think be 46 years this summer wow we have not killed each other not yet what was the name of your last dog?

break over
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 11:32:23 AM by calihoula »

calhound

« Reply #28390 on: April 30, 2024, 05:52:25 AM »

hi you guys its 53 yesterday i saw direct transit going up my road they are out of richmond i am pretty sure that hwy is now open for a bit so heading to walmart to see. forecast has now been change rain starting at 6 pm tonight rain all night wed thurs friday sat i am about to lose it.got almost all the water up front in indys area out the back by his door out still has water and sloppy mess all up there i had to haul tidy cat jugs of water out there jim did not set up enough he has not fixed the spigot out there it is shut off. i cant haul a whole jug to many smaller ones i will haul more today and load up poop buckets in gator go and dump them  :( and take care of all these animals in here. if anyone calls jim as soon as he walks in the door i will be so mad one of sisters start that they can just come up here and see how much i had to do alone and how hard of time i have getting around and help. course jim can stop that shut off your phone jim. new rule here no phones in the barn makes jim more handicap than me only having one arm cause other one holding phone to our ear. sorry venting here i called his sister cathy back yesterday on my break i told her jim be back friday so finally get some much needed help and later she said when did you say jim coming back later i thought hope she is not asking to start calling friday his other sister that is so worried about germs and dirt hauling out indys poop and dirty water that would fix her from calling!    :) my barn swallows are back making their mud nest on our covered front porch. i can hear them in my office here. got their fans all ready for summer they make nest on the ceiling down below too where walk out is in basement got fans down there too my cats down there lay in a cart with blanket i got by the window and door watch them.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/89055D50D038?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28391 on: April 30, 2024, 10:52:56 AM »

4:41 Very good for me.  Eyes and mouse working good this morning.  Rainy start today, but clearing now. Not hot , but warm at 62 degrees and cloudy.
Karen coming over soon for lunch of my homemade soup and cheese sandwich.  She has been to see my foot doctor for hammer toe pain. She likes him and he will help her as he did me.
Mary not good this morning. She started off for work, but had to turn around and go home  I think she left Bash at Debbie's house.  Not sure.  Been texting a lot with Debbie this morning. ALL MORNING!!!
Yikes! That is why I did not get back here until now.  It is almost noon.
Well I better go get soup ready.  Karen will be here very soon.  I asked her to bring some Nickles Italian, and she is probably shopping while she is there.  Just my guess, because at 11:08 she said "will bring bread right away." LOL Now it is 11:51 and store is only 5 minutes away.
CUL EV1 sounds like things in general are under control or at least bearable for now.
GBU and all who sre suffering.

calihoula

« Reply #28392 on: April 30, 2024, 12:38:00 PM »

hi joho have a good lunch i went to walmart at 6:30 am hwy open but where it was flooded i looked over water pretty close more rain will be out again. so walked walmart got my stuff got out did not do harps grocery too tired and needed to get home wanted to mow dogs yard its a mess but went out to barn do indy started raining i not suppose too till six tonight i was shaking my fist to clouds i had to load up all those big heavy poop buckets in gator had eight threw in my walker it quit raining drove to poop ravine jim dumps buckets in bed of gator backs up to that place hit button raises bed but it was muddy from tons of rain and jim can walk good i parked back and got out one bucket at a time sat it down put walker over it then picked it again so forth took a long time but did it got back up to barn went in fed indy oh shoot boy look at all this poop picked it up left empty buckets in gator came in unloaded groceries from car let dogs out let penny back in did you pee penny yes i did let cali in where is brownie down by end of fence again i shut the door got rest of groceries put away brownie banging outside the door i opened it she ran in looked at on deck by door a box turtle she had in her mouth dropped it  >:( it was tucked in i picked it up sat it in my knee scooter basket went thru gate into livingroom took it out on front porch my barn swallows all,over i said sorry in the far corner there is a huge bush covers big area i have a bottom of big planter i saw it was full of water put the turtle there it stuck its head out looked at me i said your safe now stay out of the dogs yard out back! i am done emptying poop buckets should have just enough till jim is back and no more hauling out water today done.  yes joho time slips away almost one! time to feed everyone again its warm here first i need to turn on indys ac

johoward

« Reply #28393 on: April 30, 2024, 05:08:39 PM »

Karen is here for lunch. Doc says no surgery yet.  Maybe later.  Get special padding between toes.
More prayers for Mary and baby too.  Mary is in hospital with early birth started.  Gave slow down meds, and Mary very upset. 
Debbie says Berea Animal Rescue needs a driver for weekly trips.  I am thinking of doing this.  Depends on timing, cargo, vehicle, and etc.  All unknown now.
Going to Karen's at 6:30 for dinner she is making.  We will do some computer work and watch some PBS too I guess.
Sounds very challenging for you Cal.  Most people do not do honey pot duty with a walker.  We need a picture of that to post on our dedication wall.  Ah, country living, what would we do without it?  LOL
Bears were having fun today.  Lucky and Holly playing a lot.  Tasha walking quite a bit.  Really a shame we have all those nice cams and no-one to pan them.  Single baby gosling is growing a lot and likes catching up to mom and dad. GSB Falcons are looking good.  I saw mom trying to feed a tiny bug to Dad.  He left in a huff I think. Come on buzzard cam.
Bye for now my friends.  GBU and all thos who are suffering.  Especially Mary and her new baby.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28394 on: April 30, 2024, 09:23:45 PM »

Cal, I don't know how you do everything you do in your house and the barn. It's a lot!! Especially this week with all the rain and regular daily work you have to do Jim should be there. Good you got to Walmart.
You have have right to vent for sure!! So vent away!
Good idea no phones in the barn.
I laughed when I read you comment after being married 51 hears we haven't killed each other yet. True!!
My last dog Saint Bernard's name was Zeus. He was great and very smart.
You sleep good tonight because you sure do need rest!!

johoward, Prayers for Mary and her baby. God and Jesus bless them.