Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 652811 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28455 on: Today at 05:48:06 AM »

Mother and Daughter, a new sight, and Good News - UPDATE May 16, 2024

Snowball
Andrea
Andrea

Snowball gave a nice look at her distinctive face with brown patches going up onto her forehead as she rested in a white pine. Her mother Andrea showed her own smaller patches so we’d know where Snowball got hers.

Turkey vulture and seagull
Turkey vulture and seagull

A new sight, is a turkey vulture landing just outside my desk window while a herring gull stood still calmly watching. Turkey vultures weigh about 4 pounds and Herring gulls about 2 ½ pounds, but it took more than a turkey vulture coming on with its wings spread to scare this gull. The turkey vulture also gave a view up on a branch near the window and a face-on picture with its dark body framing its colorful head.

Turkey vulture head
Turkey vulture head
 Turkey vulture
Turkey vulture
Good news is progress on the feature documentary movie BEARWALKER being made by award-winning film-makers Oak Island Films and Merit Motion Pictures. It’s a film we all want to do, bears a lot of good by having it show the new view they’ve revealed bit by bit throughout my 50 years of research. The movie will be an update of the Bearwalker documentary playing in the Bear Center and that we will eventually replace with the upgrade. They are looking for high definition video if anyone might have captured something of interest. They are looking for video to carry on the message the bears have been showing us over the decades. Anyone interested in helping fund this project can learn more by contacting Judy Thon at [email protected] . The film-makers are coming to Ely in a couple weeks. If you’d like to meet them, get in touch with Judy Thon.

I know what these producers are capable of from what they’ve each done over the years. I’m looking forward to what they can now do together.

Thank you to Ted Oakes and Peter Lown and thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28456 on: Today at 06:00:41 AM »

hi you guys its 54 here not raining but it sure did yesterday rained hard at times  such a good update love the pics and wow to that seagull not moving from on coming turkey vulture but really that seagull is kinda stocky. great pics of turkey vulture happy to see them at docs place i think they are beautiful love that close up on its face.

hi joho yes very hard to travel if you are ill i could not do it amazing you went last year and drove all that did you say debbie made travel arrangement and you guys were going to fly? i hope she is better by then cause really hard to do that and be sick. maybe you will see snowball and film makers on bearwalker and that turkey vulture. so much to see up there.  alot of work washing and changing bed linen i only do it when a cat pukes on mine  :) rest of the time i just brush off stuff lay down my blankets go to bed come on cali get up here.

Hi Paulie! are you having tons of rain too?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B9055D593B3C?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28457 on: Today at 09:49:25 AM »

6:14 Cloudy and wet this morning.  Rained some in the night I guess, but streets are about 40% dry now.
Karen brought over some veggie stuffed red sweet peppers for dinner.  We played a game of rummy, and I won.  She says I win whenever we play cards at my house.  She may be right.  I don't keep track.
Not sure what I will do today.  I am out of bread, and do not see the usual sales for my favorite.  I do see some other good looking sales for things I don't need, but could use at Fligner's in Lorain.  I may go there, and on the way stop in for a Greek Salad or maybe some baklava and a gyro.  It is also in Lorain and starts at 11 am.  It is an annual church fund raiser.  Very popular, and well organized.  It is drive through only, and has a long serpentine line of cars with runners taking orders from the drivers.
There is one prescription waiting at Drugmart.  So that may be my first stop. 
Now I will get started.  Bye for now.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are sufferring today.