Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 454404 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2790 on: March 16, 2023, 10:02:25 AM »

Hi folks...

I was doing a post to KB and I had just hit the 'post' button---lo and behold the electricity went, gone!
We were e/o from just after 7am  and came back on10 minutes ago. 

Kb what a diversity of precip! Glad y'all are keeping indoors and don't have to venture out.  Cute video of kitty with dog.
But, wait! Is that blusher on that cat's cheek bones?!

Clynn best wishes for Decorah nests. I know that photo of GSB nest, Newman & Savannah ---I couldn't figure out what those two were trying to 'do'. Maybe some sort of  wierd version of  Vātsyāyana's Kama Sutra  :o 

Tsk shucks I thought I had heard Shamrock rain was headed  your way.LOL.  Anyway...We're gonna have your rain tonight.   Sending my very best and loads of prayers  to you for tomorrow.  ;)

Lani glad Mike will have Cozy burgers to go with the game. Hope it's a win! 

Tig I love  your new hair color and bangs.

Lani Clynn, Tsk and Lisa many thanks for your concern for Maggie. It seem the old gal had a really  solid  pooh blocking her bowels. And, her dinner and water just came back up.  I learned that regurgatated water is white and frothy  and  food looks like it does right out of the can. Vomit and barf are different.

So I gave her a good dose of Laxatone and gently massaged her belly for a while then let her walk around,  and roll on the floor.  After a while she made a beeline for the litter appliance and ...Pet MD says to wait 12hrs before feeding and to give teaspoons of water. Me being lazy I just poured filtered water over ice in her water dish.  Didn't give her food until 1:30am and that was a teaspoon as per Pet MD. She slept with me and seems okay. Now that electicity is back I';ll warm  up her Catit and mix her BP meds and Cosequin sprinkles in that and go from there.  ;) :)

Well folks, Jim had a late report to work and leaves in 15 mins for a 10:45 arrival.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 11:39:39 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2791 on: March 16, 2023, 10:31:24 AM »

bounce

((Maggie))
KB - cute puppy/kitty. Hope you are resting and doing well. I'm glad for the warmer temps soon.

Book club will be postponed again. One of the member's close friend is having surgery tomorrow on an aortic aneurysm, so she will be busy tending to him for a while.

Lani - fingers crossed this afternoon for a good game.

I'm looking forward to seeing our MN Wild play next Sat. It was a "wild" game last night. Lots of goals and almost had a fight between goalies!

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2792 on: March 16, 2023, 10:56:40 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

You've often read we travel on the 87 (beeline) to and from the valley. This was sent to us last night. It's on N87 going to Payson. 
The girls and I were playing it over and over again.  :o.  Oldguy, we think 201 milepost is past Bush Highway overpass between Fountain Hills going to Payson.
https://www.kktv.com/2023/03/15/is-that-ghost-dash-cam-video-captures-strange-figure-side-highway/

the story made the Dailymail in the UK
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11858863/Creepy-dashcam-video-trucker-shows-ghost-like-figure-floating-middle-Arizona-freeway.html

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #2793 on: March 16, 2023, 11:35:12 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

You've often read we travel on the 87 (beeline) to and from the valley. This was sent to us last night. It's on N87 going to Payson. 
The girls and I were playing it over and over again.  :o.  Oldguy, we think 201 milepost is past Bush Highway overpass between Fountain Hills going to Payson.
https://www.kktv.com/2023/03/15/is-that-ghost-dash-cam-video-captures-strange-figure-side-highway/

the story made the Dailymail in the UK
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11858863/Creepy-dashcam-video-trucker-shows-ghost-like-figure-floating-middle-Arizona-freeway.html

Lani this was on FNC (Fox News Channel) this past Monday on 'Fox News At Night' with Trace Gallager during the  news show's 11:45pm  segment.  Trace said it was being investagated.

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2794 on: March 16, 2023, 11:39:18 AM »

PHYL   You are a good nurse/mom.

LANI   That was really spooky - wonder if they will find out what it was?
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #2795 on: March 16, 2023, 11:40:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-panda-day-march-16/

Mid 40s here today with scattered light rain all day - wind picking up this evening - up to 40-45mph and temps dropping into the upper 20s - Friday and St. Patty's Day is more of the wind and cold temps of 20s and low 30s.

Cole & Marmalade   -   https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkxrel0HrOPpFJnDqdUQmfXRjzChNBKnBEW

Lani - Night dash cam videos are less than perfect at road speed - cam is tring to focus straight ahead, so any thing to the side of screen is out of focus.  The merge left arrow showed some of that effect.  The blob on the shoulder of the road  :-\

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #2796 on: March 16, 2023, 12:00:27 PM »

Phyl - Mmm, chocolate w/meringue pie...yum!  Great pics from the cams!  Oh poor Maggie....gentle hugs for her!

kb - Glad you don't have to go out today. 

clynn - Enjoy your day with the munchkins, will be looking for pics this evening!!

tig - I LOVE the haircut!!!

tsk - I have the carrier out and opened.  Misty looks at it, and walks on by....sounds like a song, huh??   ;D

oldguy - Those wind speeds sounds like that we had the past two days!

oldguy

« Reply #2797 on: March 16, 2023, 03:07:36 PM »

Lisa - try putting some treats just inside the carrier door, and each day put them inside a few inches further and see if she will get comfortable being inside of it...

I came across this video and I am cracking up   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpDOhv-7juc
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 03:10:11 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #2798 on: March 16, 2023, 03:22:06 PM »

Lisa - try putting some treats just inside the carrier door, and each day put them inside a few inches further and see if she will get comfortable being inside of it...

I came across this video and I am cracking up   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpDOhv-7juc

Thanks, oldguy  :)

tig, had sent me a message and suggested the same thing.  :D

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2799 on: March 16, 2023, 03:50:47 PM »

bounce
So far... Just rain. Yeah!
We just saw the movie Champions. It is much better than I expected. A bit on the raunchy side, but over all a good message.
Heading home.
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2800 on: March 16, 2023, 04:41:22 PM »

Baz, what the heck are you then?  You need some food!!   :D :D

Clynn, LOL! You may have missed it in my post, but I noted I was English on my Dad's side, and Scottish on my Mom's.   ;) :D  Hope you're having a fun day with both T&B, and that you can kick up your feet with an adult beverage after.   :)

E4E, great pics of your vacay! You and Kris look so happy and relaxed.  :)

Tig, your new "do" looks nice!

(((Lani))), prayers for Shannon. Hugs to you all. I'm glad she is finding out what is causing her symptoms, and hope she can see the neuro soon and hopefully get a plan to get it taken care of.  I watched part of your KU game today - congrats on the big win. I heard the comments from Bill Self... sounds like he's recuperating well, and may be back on the sidelines after a couple more days, maybe! Heard for the first time today that his trip to the ER had been for chest tightness, and the procedure he had was to put in two stents in arteries. I hope he is feeling back to normal soon. Did Shannon surprise Mike with the new batch of Cozy Burgers yet? I know he must be enjoying them! I think that  fuzzy being on the side of the 87 fell out of the spy balloon and is looking for a way home.  ;) ;D

OG, good insight on the out-of-focus aspects of the cam video.

Phyl, glad Mags is better.

Lisa, if you like shrimp, it's hard to go wrong with a quick saute in garlic and olive oil or butter. I would share with Jeff any time.  ;)  Bandit got the royal treatment with tuna for his birthday treat!  :)

(((Tsk))), I hope you are feeling a bit better each day, and that your follow-up appt tomorrow goes well, and you get answers to your questions, and maybe a green light for some additional walking or other rehab-type stuff.  Are your church friends bringing in meals for you and Tim each day - I hope?

Take care, and stay safe and warm, Beakers.  :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 04:43:19 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #2801 on: March 16, 2023, 04:51:20 PM »

bounce
So far... Just rain. Yeah!
We just saw the movie Champions. It is much better than I expected. A bit on the raunchy side, but over all a good message.
Heading home.
'

Lucky you......totally different story here especially if you are a dog owner.
Yes, so far only accumulation on grass and decks: pure ice/graupel..

Not easy with a dog...
I guess if driving it's a better situation than could be.....for now anyway.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2802 on: March 16, 2023, 04:58:37 PM »

some bounce
Yes, KB, it is beginning to be flakes now and sticking. I'm lucky in that we've never had a dog big enough to have to walk.  :o
Lani, Mike... Congrats on KU!
TTFN

kbshcb

« Reply #2803 on: March 16, 2023, 05:04:39 PM »

some bounce
Yes, KB, it is beginning to be flakes now and sticking. I'm lucky in that we've never had a dog big enough to have to walk.  :o
Lani, Mike... Congrats on KU!
TTFN

or let out the door/doors :)

Phyl

« Reply #2804 on: March 16, 2023, 05:44:45 PM »

Lani and Mike Congrats on the KU win.

Bazi  Re: Maggie, thanks. I've been wondering about Zippo, all 'A-okay'?

Tig have you  and Camper seen, "Everything. Everywhere. All at once." ?

Oldguy wind speeds you're having,  about as bad as ours just a few weeks ago---check your shingles.

Lisa How's your mom

{{Tsk}} 

Eagles how's y our mom and Star

Clynn how was your day---besides loads of w/the Munchkins . And, the adult beverage, is?

{{Lori}}
how's yourself , dad and Destini? Hopefully improving

#IstandwithEvan