Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 67438 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1290 on: December 23, 2023, 12:09:43 PM »

oh yes I paulie, I started all the injections about 6 years ago they worked to a point  then stopped working I went meloxican and differnt PT place that helped to then I found this place but it wa s initially for my back!!! LoL  Once I finished back we moved to knee took mri and saw that my arthritis was beyone the point where they can try stem cell . Maybe try that Paulie. or ask about it. A lotof insurances  didint cover it cause it's new. My place does it and has had good resuts.  I ccouldnt, my arthritis was beyond the point thaat  it probably wouldnt help and the fact my insurance wouldnt cover it I couldnt unless I wanted to pay out of pocket with a high probably chance of it not working. I dont have the money for that. And as you know I dealt with fnding a surgeon who would do the surgery. The firstg 2 wouldnt  because of my weight.  I know my right knee needs it but will wait until left is completely heald or as heald as possible. 

Puff you are right. You got to get past the difficult 2 weeks but after that progress quickly occurs. everyday there is something new.  Thanks for the advice and warningabout the pain but I kind of hoping it wouldnt be so  bad. I thought I had a high tolernce of pain but not enough for right after surgery. LOL Dr Brooks does think I have a high tolerance to pain he was amazed how I handle the stetches he did to my knee.   He moved it as inward as possible and didn't budge.   LOL  I actually nominated hi for an award they are doing
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1291 on: December 24, 2023, 08:07:38 AM »

Good morning   Merry Christmas Eve, I hope everyone enjoys time with family and friends
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

jicaji

« Reply #1292 on: December 24, 2023, 06:09:56 PM »

Hi Everyone

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year.

LB.  I'm so glad your knee is progressing well. I knw both my knees are going to need replacemet....one at a time....maybe after the holidays?????  My left will definitely be first.

HI Paulie....I know you're crazy busy today and tonight.  Have a wonderful day tomorrow with your family.

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1293 on: December 24, 2023, 10:49:22 PM »

Hi LB and jicaji!  ;D

LB, I remember you using the knee injections for a while until they stopped helping you. I'm really glad you're happy with your decision for replacement. You've been through a lot in recovery to get to where you are now.

I've heard of stem cell. One of my daughter's did that or something very similar a few years ago and it helped her.

You most definitely deserve to be nominated for an award for the progress you've made with PT and recovery. I hope you receive the award!! Kudos to you either way.

jicaji, You are 100% correct about being crazy busy today and tonight. I'm posting this at 11:48pm after a long day. I even (I'm laughing typing this) watched my oldest granddaughter's dog for her this afternoon and tonight while I did set up and prepping food while she attended a friend's Christmas get together. Her family wasn't able to so I was happy to help her.

I wish you a wonderful day tomorrow with your family too.

In case I don't get to come tomorrow  I wish you both, LB and Jicaji, and all of RRP members a wonderful holiday. God bless.
Take care.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1294 on: December 25, 2023, 02:02:53 AM »

Merry Christmas !

And, a most joyous and blessed day to you and your families.
 With love, Jim, Phyllis and Maggie, too.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1295 on: December 25, 2023, 09:20:32 AM »

Merry Christmas Dear Cheers Family and Friends!
Wishing each of you every happiness this Christmas
and throughout the New Year!
Love and prayers,
Lani

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1296 on: December 25, 2023, 10:04:53 AM »

Merry Christmas everyone. thanks phyl and Lani. 

So good to see you Jacaji!!!

I m not nomited for reward.  I nominated my PT person for the reward. LOL   Its for the workers there patients nominated the worker

glogdog

• ChatMods
  • And He will raise you up on Eagles' wings!
« Reply #1297 on: December 25, 2023, 11:51:24 AM »

Merry Christmas Cheers members!  To Paulie, jicaji, LB, and to Phyl, Lani, all of you!  I hope you're enjoying the day with friends and family.  Missed coming in last night so thought I'd stop by this morning.  Enjoy this song from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, "For Unto Us a Child Is Born". :)  Good to "see" you all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQN9oCTHtSc
glogdog

Puff

« Reply #1298 on: December 25, 2023, 01:42:18 PM »

Hey Glog    Bless you at Christmas

P

karengramke

« Reply #1299 on: December 25, 2023, 03:37:47 PM »

Merry Christmas Cheerios!   Have a joyous day

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1300 on: December 26, 2023, 01:04:27 AM »

Merry Christmas Cheers members!  To Paulie, jicaji, LB, and to Phyl, Lani, all of you!  I hope you're enjoying the day with friends and family.  Missed coming in last night so thought I'd stop by this morning.  Enjoy this song from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, "For Unto Us a Child Is Born". :)  Good to "see" you all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQN9oCTHtSc

Hi Glogdog!
Many thanks for your post. And, esp. the link to Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I really enjoyed their singing and "For Unto Us a Child Is Born"
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1301 on: December 26, 2023, 06:36:07 AM »

Good morning   

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1302 on: December 27, 2023, 10:34:42 AM »

Hi!  :)
I hope everyone had a blessed and pleasant Christmas.

Lani, Phyl, Glo and Karen, Thank you for the Cheers holiday greeting.

LB, Oh! Okay you nominated your PT guy for the reward. Lol That's really nice of you.
How's working going?

Quote #1 from yesterday .... "The End"!! A very good one.  :)

Glo, It's always good to see you here and always with your favorite Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Every Christmas Eve I remember the story you told years ago about your mother walking through snow on Christmas Eve and who she saw through the falling snow. She was walking either to or from mass. A very touching story.

Well for me it has been a whirlwind of pleasant holiday activities since Christmas day and long nights with family and friends. A lull today but will be a busy afternoon with one of my granddaughters.

Tomorrow is my youngest granddaughter's birthday. She'll be 9. Where do the time go?!! Her family party get together is at my house tomorrow.

Then Friday shop for New Year's Day family meal .. pork roasts, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and Bush's beans.
A pleasant arrival also on New Year's Day will be my son and dil from North Carolina coming to visit next week.

Yep! Lots going on despite the very gray days with dense fog and rain.
Sometimes we have to do our best to make the sun shine.
Take care.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1303 on: December 27, 2023, 11:27:01 AM »

Bounce
Merry Christmas all!

Paulie... I will be there for that dinner... Yum!

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1304 on: December 27, 2023, 02:04:40 PM »

good afternoon sounds like a wonderful weekend for you Paulie and agan for the rest of the week and next week.  Work is slow real slow I a watching movies most of day check through out day to see if anything comes up.   Usually no, Thank god I am home,  Maybe I should keep pushing to work from home if it continues to be slow but not sure how I can d that . I have my dentist appointment tomorrow took out the amoxicillan so I remeber to take it 1 hour before my appointment  Now I am nervous if something happens