Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: From the heart  (Read 57564 times)

glogdog

• And He will raise you up on Eagles' wings!
Re: From the heart
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2014, 08:13:11 AM »

A beautiful tribute GG

Wonderful choice, GG.  Thank you.
glogdog

Wilson

• Not lost at sea, alive and well in the nest
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2014, 02:51:59 PM »

WOW!!  Haven't visited this thread for a while   :o :o

Cat Stevens and James Taylor :-* :-* :'( :'(

Sadness about TT.  Read some posts regarding TT  Billy Joel.......Only the Good Die Young.  Much appreciation for those who dedicate themselves to helping anyone and any-being. 
Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius---Edward O Wilson
NE Ohio

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »

Figure this is the place for this.
I like to read the chat and take advantage of the fish our fantastic Mods give us.  And I like to make snarky, hopefully humorous remarks when the opportunity arises!  But I'd easily give it up to just go full screen all the time and commune with the eagles!  So....in my world....perchin' is just fine.  But I do enjoy the JOY of chat and our wonderful moderators!
But chat has really been "noisy" lately, full of newbies asking the same questions day after day, and the trolls trying to rile the tranquility of Decorah by talking about totally unrelated events and nests and weather or doom and gloom for the hatch.
Well, the analogy might be chauvinistic, but it gets to sounding like a dang hen-house.  Something could happen on the nest and the drone continues....few on chat notice anything.  And the Mods are so busy answering dumb questions and finding fish, I'm amazed at their endurance.
So, if you're a newbie, remember silence is golden and one learns most by reading and listening!
And if you're a troll, I'll repeat what I said last night at the end of chat.  Most appropriate on the St. Patrick's Day!!
             Have a nice St. Pat's, trolls!  May you be eaten by leprechauns!!
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Faith

« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2014, 06:40:35 AM »

While we understand the frustration repeated questions can cause to long time watchers and chatters, we do welcome the questions from new watchers and chatters as well.  It does our hearts good to see the interest in nature sparked where there may have been none before.  We have to remember that we were all new to this at one time in our lives.  It is a good thing to share knowledge and welcome others to the wonderful world of Bald Eagles.  Some of the best questions from new watchers have prompted us to research and learn more.  With ongoing research, there is no end to what we can all learn.  We hope that experienced chatters will also find joy in sharing their knowledge with those that are just beginning.

jfrancl

• ChatMods
  • Educating is key to ending lead poisoning
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »

Faith, I agree with you 100%, thank you for your most eloquent post
Please join us in our campaign to GET THE LEAD OUT. Together we can make the world a safer place for Bald Eagles and all wild life. We need you, THEY need you!
http://raptorresource.org/forum/index.php/topic,765.0.html

walton

« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2014, 05:42:03 PM »

What a beautiful passage!  Thank you.  It brings back many memories of growing up in the country.

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2014, 03:49:04 AM »

<iframe src="http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/eburgbirdwtchr/story/75467/embed" width="650" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Repost, but with the recent pannings from N1, and seeing Memorials left for them, made me think it might be re-appreciated.
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

glogdog

« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2014, 09:46:26 AM »

GG: thank you for this passage from Hal Borland.  We are full of new beginnings and we feel the "deep wonder" he talks about as each day passes.

GG - the words from Hal Borland's book are beautiful.  Thanks for posting them.

Finn - We certainly are full of new beginnings and "Yes!"...we feel the "deep wonder" as these last few days have passed and we have watched D18, D19, and D20 come into our lives.  Three miracles, I say.

I came here today to share with you a quote I read this morning in the October 2010 issue of "Birds and Blooms" magazine and I'm glad I came as it has been a little while since I last visited this wonderful thread.  The quote makes sense and it goes like this:

"A wise old owl sat in an oak.  The more he saw, the less he spoke.  The less he spoke, the more he heard.  Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?"

~ old proverb.
glogdog

glogdog

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2014, 08:52:31 AM »

When I first saw this video I was touched, so I want to share this one with you all.  It's about bats.  Yes, bats.  I applaud any rehabbers like Bat World Sanctuary who literally save a life of an animal, whatever kind it is.  Bats probably have gotten "a bum wrap" over the years because of Dracula movies but "Lil' Drac" will capture your heart.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T84jdO8YrYA
glogdog

walton

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2014, 10:26:38 AM »

When I first saw this video I was touched, so I want to share this one with you all.  It's about bats.  Yes, bats.  I applaud any rehabbers like Bat World Sanctuary who literally save a life of an animal, whatever kind it is.  Bats probably have gotten "a bum wrap" over the years because of Dracula movies but "Lil' Drac" will capture your heart.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T84jdO8YrYA

This is a great video!  Thank you so much!  I love bats, too!   :)

glogdog

« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »

GG - what a beautiful springtime poem of newness and rebirth of nature.  I can just hear and see flowers and birds galore.  It's always amazing to watch the wonders of nature come alive again each Spring.  Thanks for sharing this poem with us!   
glogdog

walton

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »

I've always loved this song!  Thank you!!

glogdog

« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2014, 10:28:04 PM »

Me too, gg.  Thanks.  I've always said that John Denver had a "pure voice". Hopefully soon, we'll be sharing in the freedom of seeing our E's dancing in the wind and loving it!  ;)
glogdog

Faith

« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2014, 06:28:27 AM »

How beautiful, GG and how appropriate for the Memorial Day weekend.  Thank you!

Faith

« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »

Serendipity, Welcome - you are doing just great navigating the forum!  Thank you for sharing your poem!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Up