Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493840 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12480 on: December 22, 2023, 07:12:19 PM »

L, I did. Not realize storm was that bad up the coast  after leaving the south!   I read that you snd pip wear ok and that neighbors were with out power  but  erroneously  assumed a few trees did a job on some power lines!
Wow!   I have seen those storms up close and personal  in my disaster working days .
Talked with folkd who had a house that was washed out to sea!   Theres and a whole neighborhood was under water!  Streets, telephone poles etc!   Never did hear what the resolution of that was as I was reassigned.  This was
Close to Atlantic   City.  You all stay safe and as Gov Christy once said, Stay off or, get off the damn beach!  Lol, too cool!
 Lisa, you can buy those red lobdter rolls frozen at Sams, Walmart and other places, I am sure!  Comes with the butter mixture they  use!
Lani, hope Mike is home and feeling like a bite or two to eat.

Lots of those buried in Military cemeteries are probably without living family members due ti age!   I do not. Ever recall a fund drive for this  and since it is not a Veterans Holiday they are in competition with many other fund. Drives for toys for tots , food for families. Etc.   no disrespect meant.. 
i do not think I won my war with ups but my package was delivered to my friend in Pprtland, Oregom this afternoon!

I went to the Home this afternoon and delivered a bag of amaretta chocolate coated pecan halves to the nursing sirector!  He was pleased to see me walking without a walker as. Were all who were in the area!  Excited to have the pecans!  Told them I was not there to check in but wished them a Merry!   Fun a just a tad show offy!
Puff , love your salad exceot for the
E squid, octopus and tge other rubbery sea thing!  When I stop in for some do you mind if i pick that part put?   Lots of work you are doing. 
Lori, check in and let us know how it all went!
Baz, you are a walking machine!   Tsk, if you wore a pedometer you might be surprised at the amount if exercise  you are getting! 
All be good!  Santa is watching!

Puff

« Reply #12481 on: December 22, 2023, 07:23:55 PM »

well, tsk It does take the better part of a day because of the time cutting/cubeing the fish down.  The calamari alone takes a slow simmer to get it soft to chew, an hour.  Then, the tenticles another slow simmer so the "ink" doesn't do too much of a dye job on the tube (round) white body meat.  Each fish has its own problem to work around.

The new tools should make things easier.  Ton never fought like I have to; big, strong hands.  There's another reason he should have hung around a wee bit longer.

All total I'd guess about 3 or 4 gallons of salad; basically its about 1 pound of each fish.  It usually stays good into January about a week.  Then it gets a little strong.  Also, make up/give out ziploc containers to the fav neighbors.  Some just automatically wrinkle the nose and say no thank you.  More for me.  But yes, an all day process.

There's a lot of grinding for the cuchidadi fruits - I have a good electric grinder for that.  Not hard but takes a lot of time for the different steps.  Again, extra hands means it wouldn't take as long.  Ton wasn't as thrilled with them; one every once in awhile.  Keep them in freezer, keep a few at a time in the  fridge.

They're like fig newtons on steroids.  Two cups of tea and 1 cuchi makes for an adequate breakfast.  Bad Puff - I think I mentioned last year that I'd send a sample.

P     
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 07:26:42 PM by Puff »

BrokenLug

« Reply #12482 on: December 22, 2023, 07:54:59 PM »

Well, I'm also getting close to the end.  Yesterday was the rough day - my poor old arthritic hands - made the traditional Italian fish salad.  (shrimp, lobster, clams, mussels, squid, whitefish, crab, calamari, pollock, soaking in lemon juice, garlic oil, clam juice, and for looking pretty sliced black olives, parsley, octopus).  The hard part that takes the longest and scrunches my hands is the crab, lobster, octopus which has to be broken into/opened up.  Lots of treatment today with warm water and ice filled dishcloths.  Note to self:  "New cracker and knife and scissors for next year."

Puff, wow!  All that yummy food you're making! I'm coming to your house!! I would kill for some of your Italian Seafood Salad!! You make it the same way as the italian Conch Salad I love so much, that I like to have along with a big plate of linguini with white (clear) clam sauce! Oh gawd... now I'm jonesing for it! And at least one glash of a nice Italian white wine to go with!  ;) :D  Hope your hands recover soon - please be careful. Hugs.  :-* Great stories of travels, cards, and such!  :)

baziunc we're out of EWR via ILM up to Puff's house oddly enough tonight .. we'll split the miles.

-edit to decode-   ;)
I was joking with Puff and Baziunc that Pip and I will be leaving Newark International Airport (EWR) with a layover at Baz's local airport, Wilmington International Airport (ILM) and heading to Puff's house (MDW) for her Italian Seafood Salad !   :) ;D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 01:50:14 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12483 on: December 22, 2023, 08:31:08 PM »

bggolden so glad you enjoyed your birthday greetings and goodies. Nice to see you here. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hope to see you
back so we share new year greetings.

CLynn hope you three are doing well  And when settled  a post to say all is well---with everyone.

Lani don't think we've heard from you today---are Mike/Aly alright? You, Shannon and Sadie, Dewey and Kona?

Tsk Nativity is ceramic; it's a job to get a church decorated---doesn't Alter Society help

KB tks for sharing the Great Grey Owl and GreyJay. Awesome that those two are 'nose to nose'; glad you  had a visit from Mr. Tower. Cool snap of P. O and injured owl she rescued.  Sad about the cemetary wreaths this year

Puff many thanks for your reports today---most interesting season ahead.  Love oatmeal cookies esp w/ raisins (hint)
To be sure 'thank God' and esp Christ( He volunteered). I hear ya on the arthritis. Bad time of year and all.

BL your surfer friend likes his waves with some dangerous challenges. You/Pip keep yourselves safe and dry.

Bazi that snap I posted then and today are the same And sadly Jim doesnt look the same  he has a 'sick' heart w/ the  AFib and looks thin and tired. I'd give all I have to have the guy in '08 back.

Lisa tks for more on the antics of HM / HD.  No doubt those two are having fun with the tease. LOL no fear with me and the Peanut Butter cookies. Blah! LOL

KB your's is a noble cause with the wreaths wishing you the best.

Karen I'm w/you and nix squid/calimari for any reason.  Was thinking the same about Tsk wearing a piedometer while working at church

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 04:29:48 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12484 on: December 22, 2023, 08:36:18 PM »

SEDs to everyone !                                   

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #12485 on: December 22, 2023, 08:42:11 PM »

Lol!  After  you all  eat,  head toDecorah  and check  out the  nest situation!
Seds

ousll eat

BrokenLug

« Reply #12486 on: December 22, 2023, 11:04:31 PM »

karengramke your memory slays us.

If you don't want to die stay the F off the beach.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 11:47:26 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #12487 on: December 22, 2023, 11:50:16 PM »

I do not think I won my war with ups but my package was delivered to my friend in Portland, Oregon this afternoon!

Oh yes you did in spades of smiles to it's recipient.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 12:05:31 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12488 on: December 22, 2023, 11:59:21 PM »

Oldguy, sounds like it was a lovely show, even though the aisle setups wasn't helpful... I remember the song Convoy! A big hit in Kansas... glad Chip Davis went his own way ... PJ is a very smart cat, remembered his way home and he knows how to turn on the lights! LOL! He looks like a cat that could quickly be trained.... thanks for more info on the Wreaths.

Phyl, sweet RRP blog video of DH2 in dream state. Beautiful nativity.

Puff thanks for your observations of the Decorah cam. I wonder what eagle that was.... oh my, Bless you, you are amazing! What delicious food! I'm following Baz to your home!  ;D

Clynn, kittens are adorable  :-* .. beautiful morning Christmas pics.. Merry Christmas and safe travels!  :-*

Karen, I have Paperwhites too. They are just starting to bloom.

Kb, darling capture of Grey Owl and bird.... probably best to wait for a better day to visit Fort Snelling National Cemetery. I didn't realize it was that big. It's too bad they didn't have enough wreaths, but what a blessing they are.... beautiful owl, I hope it can be rehabbed and released... I'm sure the wreath you bought for Scott will be there.  :-*

BL, thanks for info for Kb.... huge waves off the Jersey shore! Sad for those dealing with the aftermath from the storms.  :( ... I knew someone had to ride those waves. Glad it was his best day on Jersey Shore! I just read Karen's comment about staying off the beach!  ;D

Lisa, Thanks for Jeff's cookie recipe!  ;D

Baz, didn't realize so many states were affected by the storm.  :'( ... your family had a wonderful Christmas traditions and memories.  :-* I love ham and potato salad too ... Love your post to Tsk. My prayers for your beautiful family too, and to you and Zippo.  :-*

Tsk, As always you have been busy, and you say you're not getting enough exercise! LOL! And so giving of yourself to so many. I'm so glad you're feeling well, after some difficult months earlier this year. My prayers for Amy and for your beautiful family continued healing, comfort and health.  :-*

Hi Bggolden! So glad to see you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!  ;D

Karen, glad your friend received your package.... Two of Aly's gifts haven't arrived. I guess I'll print a pic of each and wrap in a box.  :) .. you're a hoot!  ;D

It was a long rainy day, and much needed moisture.... Careful driving through it on the Beeline to the valley.... Mike received his shot and was able to sit comfortably again. He really did not look well when he returned home yesterday. But, he moved much better tonight. He went to bed early. Thank you All for your concerns for Mike.  :-*.... I started rushing about and was in town for grocery shopping by 8am. Went to Bank, Post Office, and decided to go with Mike and Aly to the valley....  Payson residents try to beat the holiday travellers going through our town on Highways 87 and 260... The traffic on the main highways through our town was crazy today, and will be through the weekend. And you add rain, that probably turns to snow in the higher elevation it's a dangerous time for travelers. I took a short cat nap to finish my post tonight.  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12489 on: December 23, 2023, 12:20:38 AM »

LOLOL, Karen and BL!!!  I remember that admonishment from a NJ Governor back when Hurricane Irene was heading for a NJ landfall!!  ;D  I mean, really! they had maximized their tans!   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHy6S5u7M3w - August, 2011

Karen, you saw some awful devastation and sadness up close and personal.  Sorry about your battle with UPS, but I'm glad your package made it to your friend in Oregon. Your pecan treats sound delicious! I know the nursing staff at the Home appreciate your thoughtfulness and will enjoy them!

BL, that is odd!  :D ;)  Well, if you had much of a layover at the right time today, you could've hopped it on down to one of the area beaches and joined Jim Cantore, of The Weather Channel, who was guest bartending and slinging Hurricanes and other libations at one of the Tiki Bars, along with one of our local meteorologists - for a fundraiser for a dog rescue and rehab organization.  He's in our area fairly often, but usually when you see him on one of our beaches, it's bad news, weatherwise.

TSK, my nephew is going to Norway on a solo vacation. He has some wonderful activities planned during his days there.

Phyl, yes, my post about Jim looking the same was exactly because I recognized it as the same photo I had seen before! It was a joke!!  ;)  Hugs to you and Jim, and wishes for you both to be feeling better.

Hi BGGOLDEN! Merry Christmas to you, too, and wishes for all the best in the New Year. Hugs, and take care.
  :)

Good night, Beakers. Sleep well. Peace.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 12:52:18 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12490 on: December 23, 2023, 12:38:14 AM »

Lani, you posted while I was working on my post. I'm so glad you and Mike and Aly had a successful trip, and Mike is sitting better now, too. I thought about your trip today, knowing about the heavy rain and your stories of the traffic through there, and even more so with the holiday travel. Hugs. Sleep well, and I hope you all can have a lazy morning and relaxing day, enjoying being home together  :).
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

T40cfr403

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

BrokenLug

« Reply #12492 on: December 23, 2023, 02:02:12 AM »

Just scooch the owls ears here ourselves with them elves elevating the calls .

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 02:14:41 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 03:20:41 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #12494 on: December 23, 2023, 05:42:07 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday before Christmas !  

Currently 50F   High  58F light rain   Low 46 F.

Tsk sending prayers for Amy

Lani so glad Mike's drs appt worked out and  he's doing much better

BL  This 'playing for change' is good one. Esp. like the idea behind the PFC Foundation .

T40  cat watching Psycho is one of the best cat videos I've seen this one has gone viral over/over again,  LOL Walter's silence, awesome N. Sea, LOL dog breeds/robber reaction.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2023-12-23-Sandwich

https://www.nature365.tv/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 05:53:38 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan