Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 492769 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12435 on: December 22, 2023, 12:03:14 AM »

Clynn, You will love ACORN! YAY the 60's and yes, dancing barefooted!  ;D ... love the Tudor and the sweet possum... Safe travels tomorrow and a very Merry Christmas!  :-*

Lisa, Tsk, Mike was very tired, but happy to be home. Pups were thrilled to see him!

Tig, you were busy today! Dinner sounds delicious, warm and comforting!

Kb, A great gift and fun visit with ssrl! ;D

Baz, thanks for the tips on the peanut butter cookies. YAY for your walk!  ;D

Phyl, thanks for identifying Jim and his crew!

Hi Lori! Beautiful birthday posts for Bggolden!  ;D

Oldguy, good news on the volcano. I'll watch link tomorrow. I want to know if residents can return.

Eagles, Enjoy your special time with your grandson.  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #12436 on: December 22, 2023, 12:46:44 AM »

Good Evening Beakers

More info on Iceland...
There is continued evidence of magma refilling, with uplift restarting.  No consensus on what this means or what to expect at this time.
Iceland Volcano Update | Eruption stops but uplift continues   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10x960BctzI

Last night's concert was enjoyed - will not chose that seating area in the future - not old folk friendly.  Hand rails too far apart in the center of steps, could not reach from one section to the next, needing to climb 2 steps without support rail to get to the next one. :(
attached are shot of stage before event started and 2nd during the event.
One of the pieces in the show was a conversation from Chip Davis - He said that when he started his career he had said to many, that he would never write a country song or live in Nebraska.  His first bid hit was "Convoy" (which was cowritten by Billie Dale Fries - aka CW McCall)  He has lived most of his life in Omaha.  Soon after Mannheim Steamroller had their first hit record, he told the record label that he wanted to do a Christmas album - the response was absolutely not - that was the fastest way to kill a career.   He did it anyway - and 40 years later, with a new Christmas album every year - they are the #1 seller of Christmas albums....
Angels We Have Heard on High   -    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9rd2CIGFrw

BGGolden - hope you had a great birthday.

LuLu Made a Friend His Age! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnm7m_GUeuk

Runaway cat returns home and asks to be let in   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnjYqmIgzMQ

Quarantine Kids play "Merry Christmas Baby"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CH4JcDqSdc

« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 02:03:57 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12437 on: December 22, 2023, 02:17:22 AM »

12/21/2023 ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a66kvYnGc_c
Just finished watching the sunrise at Stonehenge---sunrise 809am GMT or 2:09 am CST.
Etheral music---magical as folks silhouettes moved out of the darkness into the pale light.
Fantastic how for just a few seconds the light shown thru two of the stones marking the
'moment'.
Many thanks BL!  I love this 'stuff'. 
Now if I can  just catch Jupiter tonight.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12438 on: December 22, 2023, 05:48:12 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Friday !  

Currently 33F    High  62F  mostly sunny,  Low 33 F.

Lisa- dinner tonight  gonna have cooked shrimp w/ homemade cocktail sauce and
stuffed clam shells with scallops and bacon (New England style) on spaghetti in butter, olive oil and herbs tossed with Parmasean green salad choice of dressing.
And wine---lots of white wine. LOL   I so enjoy marble cake---Jim brought one home.  ;)

OldguyShucks! Thought it was over for Iceland. Tks for the links, Walter and wayward kitty's return and Q-Kids Enjoyed the snaps of concert

Lani luv Hedwig Harry's snowyowl.  Here's to Mike and Aly at the doc's today .

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 05:53:43 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #12440 on: December 22, 2023, 06:04:18 AM »

The December solstice is when the sun shines above the Tropic of Capricorn at noon. It's a line on a map precisely 22.5 degrees south of the equator — running through Africa, Australia and South America — that marks the most southerly latitude at which the sun can appear directly overhead at noon.

Winter solstice 2023: How to see Jupiter dance with the moon on the longest night of the year

Jupiter and a bright moon will shine together on the winter solstice, which occurs Dec. 21-22 in the Northern Hemisphere.

https://www.livescience.com/space/the-moon/winter-solstice-2023-how-to-see-jupiter-dance-with-the-moon-on-the-longest-night-of-the-year?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=CD9A8A89-74BF-4485-8625-4498F9AAF14A&utm_source=SmartBrief

Thanks Phyl  :)

Bummer - Clouded over all night.  Maybe tomorrow :(

P

Phyl

« Reply #12441 on: December 22, 2023, 06:05:13 AM »

My Nativity--from  Cracker Barrel

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12442 on: December 22, 2023, 06:16:56 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

2023 RRP Highlights: Sweet Eaglet Dreams!
 December 21, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/12/21/2023-rrp-highlights-sweet-eaglet-dreams/

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #12443 on: December 22, 2023, 06:28:02 AM »

BTW- First thing I did this morning was check the live feed from the hatchery area.  Left last night with someone (don't know which) being followed around the area by the cam operator.  They did a good job of tracking as night started setting in.  But they did keep the eagle on cam as it settled in for the night (in what tree I don't know because of all the area that it covered before it settled down).

First settled down around 5 pm - I wondered how long it would stay.  Lo and behold, it stayed there all night in the same tree (again, where I couldn't tell).  That means it was there for at least 12 hours!  Making a statement?

Just checked at 6:23 am   -  Still there.  I'm going to follow the saga and watch as the area lights up.

P

Phyl

« Reply #12444 on: December 22, 2023, 06:35:13 AM »

CLynn hope y'all are off to a good start this morning. Sending best wishes for a safe holiday journey and  visit.

Puff thanks for the update on hatchary.     Sorry about  last night's the cloud cover in your night sky. 
 Missed watching Jupiter, too. I couldn't find the binoculars.  Will look again for tonight

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12445 on: December 22, 2023, 06:40:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, beautiful Nativity that you found at Cracker Barrel, they do have some lovely items in their store! A bit of everything, I love browsing there, it's also where I always get my Woodwick candles!  Becky and Jennifer (Oregon) joined a Solstice Walk last night, they decorated candles and walked through wooded area to a valley. I'll ask them today how it was! Busy little Sanderlings! 42 right now, high 52 and rain today. Hopefully we will be on the road by 9:00 (since I told Ed 8:00)! I think you may have posted a picture of Jim some years ago, I did pick him out in the picture, he looked familiar for some reason!

oldguy, glad to hear you enjoyed the concert despite the accommodations! Ongoing issues in Iceland, not a very good Christmas for the villages that have been evacuated.

Lani, safe travels for Mike and Aly today, I hope relief comes quickly for Mike so he can enjoy Christmas with all his girls! Beautiful and puffed out Snowy! Ed and Erin are driving to Wisconsin next Friday to pick up the kittens!

Gotta go and get busy! I am taking my laptop, hopefully the internet will be okay at Mom's!  If I'm not able to post again:

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #12446 on: December 22, 2023, 06:47:32 AM »

Gm!   Phyl, you never sleep!  Nativity is beautiful!   Puff, do we know who the eagle is that is at the hatchery?   So wish some pair would settle on they!

Old Guy, thanks for the report on the concert!  Many venues are not old folks user friendly!
Clynn, Beautiful Kittens!  Love the seal point!  Safe travels today!  Merry Chrustmas to you.

Puff

« Reply #12447 on: December 22, 2023, 07:22:12 AM »

Phyl  Well, whoever it was- they finally left the roosting at 7:08.  Cam person tried to follow but it is still bit dark for certainties.  Looked like it was in the tree barrier to the west of the hatchery raceways.  Took off going east toward the cliffs.  But, as I said, there's still not enough light to be certain.

In the twilight yesterday, actually started moving around at about 4:30, I believe I saw the streak of dark feathers down the back of the head.  Mom?

Time for my banana and english muffin.

P

Puff

« Reply #12448 on: December 22, 2023, 07:33:14 AM »

I have to thank the person manning the cam.  You did a great job of following the eagle, whoever it was.  Your coffee is on me!   ;)

P

karengramke

« Reply #12449 on: December 22, 2023, 07:45:36 AM »

Piper and I are having a coffee and geetting ready to do battle with ups!  Lol
Will have Paper whites in bloom for Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 07:48:24 AM by karengramke »