Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 475322 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11775 on: November 30, 2023, 11:56:08 PM »

T40, I know exactly what you mean...my son was at work and one of the girls was talking about a Bald Eagle nest in a town called Decorah, there were 3 eggs and one was hatching! He gave me the link and I pulled it up in time to see the first eaglet out of the shell! I was hooked too! Remember how we all had to look around the ps that was on the camera lense! No panning, just closeups. It was wonderful! I was on the edge of my seat a lot of the time watching, remember that awful storm, the tree was actually moving..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j90phejogY

OMG! I watched the whole event too and I was in tears.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11776 on: December 01, 2023, 12:09:34 AM »

My post went POOF!  :'(
What a time I've had with the computer today.
I'll try to post again tomorrow.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #11777 on: December 01, 2023, 12:34:20 AM »

Now would Pip & I Sit and contemplate a hot toddy ?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 12:38:50 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11778 on: December 01, 2023, 06:02:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

BL, Oh, my! That wedding couple! I love 'way back' pictures... this one reminds me of the inside of Timberline Lodge in Oregon. I checked the Momo post, the location was answered in the comments, Tin Hat Mountain in Canada.  Put that one on your list.  https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/british-columbia/tin-hat-mountain-via-sunshine-coast-trail?u=i

Lani, I hate that you are having so much trouble posting! A Poof! can make one cry... I remember back in 2011 you and me and calhound were going to take grapes to Jewel and try to get a look at Herbie and Fern. You were the only one who could make heads or tails of those tiny cubs in the cam view.

E4E, I love how we can all remember when we discovered the eagles. And yes, we would be right at home with any Beakers we happened to actually meet! The only one I have met that is a Beaker was tsk!

Phyl, it does seem like you have been a Beaker forever! And I was only 59 when I joined, seems like decades ago... Originally the Decorah Lounge, then we split into The Beak Room and Cheers. Can't remember when that was. Love the picture of you and Jim on FB! You should post it here!

karen, oh your Christmas tree! Sounds pretty, is it a LovePop card? I got Mom one for Mother's Day last year, it was a bouquet of flowers, she loved it!

oldguy, power gone in the cold, not fun! Glad it didn't last too long! Thanks for the entertainment!

tsk, Ed decided to wait until tomorrow to head for Springfield. I am already getting stuff ready to donate though!  ;D ;D

What a brilliant idea!                                                                 The cast of the brilliant 1965 musical The Sound Of Music then and 50 years later in 2015 💖

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11779 on: December 01, 2023, 06:19:47 AM »

Good Morning Everyone..   

Currently 43F and cloudy  High  43 and rain,  Low 38 F   

Had some light rain last night. Will work on putting up garland and stringing it's lights downstairs.  Will add our Nativity to the livingroom. At this point I'm
not sure about adding a Christmas tree. I often feel more 'connected' to the season when I see the Nativity and Holy Family. I think I'll sting some delicate accent
lights in the Nativity like I've done in the past. I love seeing it displayed in the delicate lights. And, leave them lit all night to dawn.
 Jim will keep searching for a Toyota Camry to replace the Pontiac. So far no luck.  Lol he found one in Chicago though.
  Seriously, he going to check out a dealer ship after work today. I won't hold my breath.

Lani hopefully you'll have a better posting  day in The Forum.

BL   ;D 

CLynn I vaguely remember Beakroon and Cheers being as Decorah lounge. But, then shortly very shortly after I joined it bacame as it is now.
Interesting about the city of Holland, Michigan and it's streets.  Cool photo of  'The Sound of Music' cast.   Still very much learning about FB    ::)
 Somehow, I don't think the current issue will come to that.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 06:49:32 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11780 on: December 01, 2023, 06:24:01 AM »

Now would Pip & I Sit and contemplate a hot toddy ?

I'd have a 'hot toddy' or  any beverage there. I  enjoy the rustic.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11781 on: December 01, 2023, 06:25:35 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11782 on: December 01, 2023, 06:26:30 AM »

National Christmas Lights Day
Creating a luminous wonderland that brightens the darkest season, celebrating with glimmering decorations that adorn the night.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=national+christmas+lights+day+2023&qs=UT&pq=national+christmas+lights+day&sk=AS1&sc=9-29&cvid=5F182F30BB0F493CB027718B768702E2&FORM=QBLH&sp=2&lq=0

National Eat A Red Apple Day
Crunchy and juicy, these vibrant fruits pack a refreshing punch, making them a favorite snack that's both satisfying and delicious.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=national+eat+a+red+apple+day+2023&qs=SSA&pq=national+eat+a+red+apple+day%0a.&sk=SSA1&sc=10-30&cvid=F0DBAA01523945F8A2A416CEFFB74014&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=2&lq=0

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11783 on: December 01, 2023, 06:36:08 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Thank You for Donating to the Raptor Resource Project’s Giving Tuesday Fundraiser! (+ links and video)
November 29, 2023  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/11/29/thank-you-for-donating-to-the-raptor-resource-projects-giving-tuesday-fundraiser-links-and-vid

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 06:38:37 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11784 on: December 01, 2023, 07:04:39 AM »

HI EVERYONE

Raining here  42 degrees.

OLDGUY   Simon  ;D

KAREN   Amanda is such a sweet thoughtful person.  Card is very clever.  :)   Hope today is a better day for you.

BL  What a funny car wash story  LOLOL  What a gorgeous room - perfect place for a hot toddy  ;D

EAGLES   We were in the right place at the right time!!  ;D

LANI   Bummer about your posting.  How's the new phone working?   Agree with CLYNN.  I could never see those baby cubs like you could  ;D

CLYNN   LOLOL  Secret stash of donated material waiting to go.  ;D  Glad Ed waited.  Holland Mi  -cost efficient winters?  Wonder if anyone ever figured that out.  Love the then and now pic of S of M cast

PHYL   Cute mittens  ;D     I eat an apple almost every day  ;) ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILBRO

Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #11785 on: December 01, 2023, 07:19:52 AM »

Finally - Didn't think anyone else but I knew it was December.

Morning tsk Looks like they're predicting one temp for the entire day  =  42.

Fun day for our block today - our ladies' Christmas get-together.  In the rain instead of snow OK.  The net big event is getting Christmas-ized.

P

P.S.  I do a banana a day.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 07:24:05 AM by Puff »

Puff

« Reply #11786 on: December 01, 2023, 07:27:15 AM »

Oh, and I forgot to mention. . .

About 7:00 on the hour, nest time, mother deer and and fawn took a stroll across the pavillion end of the runoff pond.  So sweet.

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11787 on: December 01, 2023, 09:00:49 AM »

current 43 - high 63 - mostly sunny

Lani - Losing your post is such agony - I know the frustration - so sorry - wish your computer issues would disappear. :o ::) :(    Cute 'good night' tho!

BL - 1935 :)

Clynn - Probably a good idea for Ed & Kelsey to head out tomorrow. :)   I had forgotten that you've met Tsk!  I think we all know you had gotten to meet Annie, and every so often, someone posts the sweet picture of you both. :-*   I have gotten to meet Camperstig, and from the time we got together, it was like we had been friends for years!! ;D
Sounds like you are ready & motivated with your 'to do' list! ;) :)    Great pics of the cast of Sound Of Music. :)   

Phyl - Enjoy setting up your Nativity with your pretty delicate lights - so much joy!   Wishing that Jim can find a car that he will be happy with - especially one that wouldn't be too far away. :)
Liked nature 365-Cranes and lots of snow!   DOTY :)

Puff - Have fun with the event today! :)

Tsk - Wish you could share some of your rain over here!  Thanks for the reminder of Lil Bro's birthday!

Happy Birthday Lilbro!

LisaG1967

« Reply #11788 on: December 01, 2023, 09:26:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....T.G.I.F.!!!!

clynn - I feel like making a bowl of that soup.  So glad you posted something from Andrew, as I have been wondering how the pups and he were doing.  Aww, Lani's Dot.

T40 - What a great memory, and glad you are still here.   :D

tsk - When I was a junior and senior in high school, I worked at the local Exxon.  It was a full-service station.  The girls who worked at the station were allowed to pump the gas, and clean the windshields. I wish I had a pic of me from back then doing that.   ;D

oldguy - Glad that the power company got the repairs done quickly.  Thank you for the videos.

karen - That is cool about the Christmas card turning into a tree! How is the vertigo today?  I hope better. 

BL - LOL, the end of your petroleum transfer engineer career.

E4E - You're welcome  :D

Lani - Sorry about your losing your posts. 

Phyl - Good luck to Jim on his car search.  Love the red mittens this morning. Thanks for 365, DOTY and RRP post. 

Puff - I am a banana a day, too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, lilbro...Miss you in here!

Phyl

« Reply #11789 on: December 01, 2023, 10:51:51 AM »

Lil Bro...

sendng buckets of good wishes for a wonderful celebration and many happy returns.

#IstandwithEvan