Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 494811 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11730 on: November 29, 2023, 06:40:44 PM »

Tig - Feel better soon!

Tsk - I did go a lil crazy 😁 I got her a cute lil jean jacket that she will be able to wear next fall, but most of the clothes I bought are for this winter. 

Puff - That was HM on N1!  It was so good to see her.

Phyl - Beautiful Jags in your pics.

Baz - Glad to hear your knee is way better today. 

Kb - We never made it out of the 30’s today. 

Have a good night, everyone! 

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11731 on: November 29, 2023, 07:08:35 PM »

Puff, maybe an even newer pair on N1, would that be possible? Oh, I was watching a re-run of an NCIS show, one I must have missed, but McGee and Torres were watching a Bald Eagle's nest that had eggs, and it reminded me of my first year watching the cam in 2011. That first year was very scary! And these guys were the same way. I asked Google what nest, he told me it was The Big Bear nest, Jackie & Shadow.  https://www.vvdailypress.com/story/news/2023/03/15/artist-paints-bald-eagles-jackie-and-shadow-who-appeared-on-ncis-tv-show/70006521007/  Bob Anderson had no idea what he started in 2011! I know Luther College had a cam there a couple of years earlier, but 2011 was the year it went viral!

Phyl, leopards are so beautiful! I don't know how anyone could ever shoot one... or wear a coat made from their fur...

baz, I have never heard of contra-dancing! I was hoping there was a video. There wasn't so I found one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3StARgH_fM  Looks like fun!

kb, it got to 54 here today! Snow all gone!

Lisa, we have a Carters/OshKosh here, I was a regular customer when Bella was little! So many and such cute baby outfits! Then go look at the little shoes!  This is crazy, but Cracker Barrell, in their store, always has adorable outfits for babies!! I have also shopped Old Navy! Cute stuff there too!

tsk, I still have my Girl Scout badge sash somewhere! I don't remember if I got the Dance badge or not!  I had badges all the way down the front and starting up the back of the sash. I was in all the way through Cadet level, always a big thing on an Air Force Base.

Lani, Ed and Kelsey usually go to Springfield sometime around August/September. The schedule got kind of out of wash with covid. Ed's sister Patty from Georgia and his niece, also from GA will be there for a few days to visit with Ed's sister Gina. They wanted to see him, so he and Kelsey are going to leave Friday and will be back Wednesday. The kittens won't be ready until the end of December and we haven't got a date yet, but Ed and Erin are going to go pick them up. I think. I would really like them to stay with their Mama until they are 10 weeks old...we shall see. I think they were born about November 12th.

E4E, I am like you, have the beginnings of cataracts but not bad enough for surgery yet! I sure have noticed a change in the last several months though!

Yesterday in America  · Cashiers at the grand opening of a Piggly Wiggly in Encino, California in 1962.  Piggly Wiggly was the first self-service grocery store. It was founded in 1916 in Memphis, Tennessee. At the time of its founding, grocery stores did not allow customers to gather their goods. Instead, a customer would give a list of items to a clerk, who would then collect them throughout the store. This created greater costs and higher prices. Piggly Wiggly introduced the innovation of allowing customers to go through the store, gathering their goods, thus cutting costs and lowering prices. Losses due to easier shoplifting were more than offset by profits from increased impulse purchasing. This style of grocery store came to be known as a "groceteria", reminding people of cafeterias, another relatively new, self-service idea.  Today, there are 499 Piggly Wiggly grocery stores in the Midwest and South.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #11732 on: November 29, 2023, 07:45:48 PM »

clynn & all  I got addicted at about the same time.  I remember hearing about PBS showing, watched their hour-long show just after holiday (January?) when Christmas had passed.  Checked out mention at the end of PBS show - Now RRP is the second stop on the puter in the morning (weather first).  2011 was a good year.  First watched eagles, saw laying of eggs, first pip, first hatch. . .life has never been the same.

I also thought single adult was  HM but was hard to be sure.  When there was the pair I was even less certain.  I hope what we're all hoping for comes to "wishes granted".

Your mention of years of eye exams followed about the same routine for me.  Had  to renew license as January is my month.  Took the written test, took the eye test. That's when the examiner suggested  ::)  I see my eye guy before I come back next renew time.  Eye exam, one eye, waited a month, second eye.  Cleared to go by the end of March.  After years of watching, getting new glasses $$$, doc said OK.  It was done!  It was about 15-20 minute procedure each time/eye.  No more glasses.  But again I always like to forewarn to be careful with the eye drops and the directions.  You have to make sure to avoid the evil infection at all times, follow the rules/mandates.

P   
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 07:48:16 PM by Puff »

karengramke

« Reply #11733 on: November 29, 2023, 09:15:20 PM »

Had square dancing and the Virginia reel lesson's in Elementary school!   Thought it replaced a PE class!   My favorite country dance is Clogging but I cannot do it.  My first introduction was in Asheville, NC on Friday Night music or something on the green!   Great fun!   Watched but too old to make my feet go that fast!   Baz, sre you familiar with this?   You must be!
No stuff stored today and nothing out!
Vertigo very bed!   
Finally found a friend who disappeared when I was in the home!  A girl I have known since  we were 3 1/2!  Can you believe it?   She moved and has a new phone  number!  Sent it in a Christmas card!
Clynn, maybe Stella
 and Stanley?

Have a good night and watch N1!    I am still a fan of the Y
Seds

Lisa, pretty scene this am and glad you heard from Jaspurr!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11734 on: November 29, 2023, 11:02:17 PM »

Karen, so sorry your vertigo is bad right now. I hope it's better tomorrow! Glad your friend sent the card with her new contact info!  I also learned those dances you mentioned in elementary school, and then one section of PE class in junior high school was for learning all different kinds of international folk dances - Irish, Scottish, Russian, Mexican, etc. LOL. I sure know about clogging! I sure can't do it!! LOL!  It's so similar to some Irish and Scottish dances, and even though I haven't looked up its history, I would guess it is derived from Scot-Irish dancing since so many people in the NC/Appalachian area were settlers/immigrants from Scottish, and some Irish, families.

Clynn, I hope the kittens can stay with their momma cat as long as you would like them to be able to! Maybe the owner will be able to do that. They look so sweet and pretty.  :) :-* :-*  Contra dancing is a total blast! It's so casual, unlike square dancing, though many of the steps are the same. But it is based on lines of dancers, rather than 4-some dancer groups. I got into it back in the 1991-1992 timeframe, when I lived in a fun old neighborhood in Winston-Salem, NC, the former home of the NC Dance Theater (which moved to Charlotte). The building that was that dance company's rehearsal and administrative home was left vacant when they moved. Then it was bought and used for dancing, performances, art shows, and other events. I lived right down the street from it for a couple of years, and they started a regular contra dance night there. You didn't need to know how to do contra dancing to take part - they had lessons the hour before, and people just showed you as you went during the dance, as well as the callers with the live bands also teaching you how to do the steps before, and during the dance. I always ended up laughing my butt off because I would sometimes get lost, but always having so much fun. The whole nature of it is everyone is welcome, and the more skilled dancers help bring along the newcomers, thankfully. All different kinds of people, and all ages and styles, go and have fun dancing with each other. No one was a stranger, even though I didn't know a single one of them! LOL. A fun time is always had by all, and it is a workout, too!!

This write-up from 2004, more than 10 years after I was there, is about that same venue (the Vintage Theatre) that I used to go to for contra dancing in the neighborhood I lived in back then. That dance theatre had not been renovated yet when I was there. Contra dancing goes way back, but it was kind of a new fun thing to do around there back when I went, and wasn't nearly as organized as it is now, but that venue for it sure got to be well-known by contra dancers far and wide.

This is kind of a long story (from 2004) about it, but if you read the whole shebang, it gives a good depiction of the feel and color of the place and the contra dancing there, the people who go there, and why it is so popular:
https://greensboro.com/the-old-song-and-dance-the-weekly-contra-dance-at-the-vintage-theatre-has-earned/article_19b66628-c26e-5e3d-917e-7bb8000d09b3.html

And here's a youtube video of a night of contra dancing at that same venue (The Vintage Theatre), from 2012, which was ten years after I was a regular there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtKW9Fcb0Z4

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 11:04:37 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11735 on: November 29, 2023, 11:28:47 PM »

Baz, Glad to hear your awesome RTH sighting for you on your walk! I had to google Contra Dancing your link was didn't work for me. Looks like fun.  ;D

Phyl, beautiful cats! Here kitty kitty!  ;D

Lisa, what a fun day you had shopping for your brown-eyed sweetheart! Glad you heard from Jaspurr.

Kb, 50 sounds pretty good to me. Considering it's been in the low 30's every morning when Sadie and I head out for our walk. It'll be 29 degrees Saturday.

{{{Tig}}} take care

Clynn, sounds like a nice family visit for Ed and Kelsey.... You will be able to get a lot of things done while they are gone... your Contra Dancing video was better than what I found. A larger group, looks like fun.... never seen a Piggly Wiggly except on Driving Miss Daisy.... sweet mama Flamingo and chick.

{{{Karen}}} glad you heard from your childhood friend.  :) I hope you're able to get a good night sleep and feel better tomorrow.  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #11736 on: November 30, 2023, 03:25:29 AM »

LOL, no words needed!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11737 on: November 30, 2023, 06:45:49 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !   

Currently 30F  High  48Fmostly sunny,  Low 21 F

Hope everyone had a 'Good Night'.

CLynn   Really enjoyed the White House Christmas thru the years.
Your tiny Siamese kittens are so precious---I still say 'Koko and Yum Yum'
Very interesting about Mr Abrams and Mr Strauss. Safe travels for Ed & Kelsey

KB quite literally ''upward facing dog' is too cute; this morning's pooch, no words needed  ;D

Eagles my mom made all my clothes until I graduated from high school.  She even took an old coat for hers and cut it down for me one year. Like you I have beginings of cateracts---looking forward to the surgery.

Karen good time as any to put away autumn decor and think about winter and Christmas. How's Piper?  it is so nice to hear from old friends

Lani I always play Christmas music when I decorate for the holiday. Makes it more festive

Lisa you did some shopping didn't you?  ;)   So glad you heard from Jaspurr--all's well.

{{{Tig/Karen}}}

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11738 on: November 30, 2023, 06:46:48 AM »

National Mousse Day
With its light, fluffy texture and delectable taste, mousse is the dessert of champions — perfect for any occasion.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11740 on: November 30, 2023, 06:54:06 AM »

This mornings sunrise at Mississippi River Flyway
Nov 30, 2023 6:51 AM
Camera Time: Nov 30, 2023 6:51 AM CST
Birchwoman

I think this is 'why I love sunrises so much...

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11741 on: November 30, 2023, 07:07:49 AM »

GOOD MORNING

TIG   Chicken soup!  (((TIG)))

CLYNN  I second that - Bob had NO idea!!  Now the whole world can eavesdrop on Nature at its best and worst.  One good thing that has come out of the age of cyberspace...Mom was a Brownie and Girl Scout leader  It ended for me after 8th grade.  Enjoyed the history of the groceteria  LOL   The photo was remarkable  ;)  Piggly Wiggly is the grocery chain in Door County.  ;)

KAREN   WOW  Did you call your friend from the past?    Does she live in Georgia?   Steady as she goes today with your dreaded vertigo.  :(

BAZI   Love your description of your contra dancing experience.  I would get lost too, I thought, after watching a video.

KB   " no words needed"  ;D   Ollie looks like a small German shepherd in that pic.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY BISCHUE

Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11742 on: November 30, 2023, 07:12:53 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

kb, very sad looking dog...

Phyl, that is a beauty of a sunrise! Very pretty in the Alps today, I looked at their weather. 35 degrees, snow and rain for a few hours. I am always amazed at those goats and how they manage those slopes! Memories of the past, your Mom was a seamstress as was mine! She made most of our dresses when we were young. By 7th grade I started sewing for myself! We had Home Ec. in Jr. High, quite rare. I got a Singer Athena in the 1976, I bet I put a million miles on that machine. Didn't have to replace it until 2004! I will join you and E4E on the waiting for cataract surgery list!

tsk, well, it's now a countdown to Christmas! Lots going on in December, as always!

Lani, Ed is watching the weather forecast, checking for snow tomorrow... and I am itching to get down to the Mole Hole and purge a bit! We don't have any Piggly Wigglys here either, I just thought it was wow, how the cashiers were dressed!  And I have never heard that people couldn't do their own shopping but gave their list to the cashier to fetch their groceries! Kind of like when customers weren't allowed to pump their own gas! You are having some COLD mornings! Does it get colder than that later in the winter?

baz, that was a good article about the Contra Dancing, I noticed in the video that people just come and go, they just work their way in or out, nothing formal. It looks like a lot of fun! Probably invented by those who couldn't adhere to the perfectness of the Square Dance! Very good video, all skill levels! Looks like you turn around and dance with whoever lands facing you!

karen, so glad to hear you found an old friend! That vertigo needs to go! I have never had it but my sister Becky has. She doesn't get it very often though.

Puff, I agree, life has never been the same since connecting with the Decorah Eagles and all of the friendships gained!

SWFL - 11-30-23  Good Morning!  F23 moves off the eggs, stretches then goes to the attic.  M15 moves to the nest and is incubating within 30 seconds! These two are great! ❤️
Courtesy Prichett cam 1, timestamp 6:37

« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 07:14:31 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #11743 on: November 30, 2023, 07:21:29 AM »

Tsk I hung our stockings yesterday in their usual 'spot'. Yes Maggie has her own little stocking too. My Mom made all the family stockings.
I was seven years old when she did them. Now the white  is turned yellow from age---wow! 60 yrs ago. I miss mom.
Jim and Maggie's stockings I purchased from Hobby Lobby here in Nashville and used liquid tube craft paint to add names. Then I hand sewed the bells on
Jim's stocking. My sewing machine is perpetually 'broken' as I can never find a repair that last more than a few stitches. Yes  I have a Singer my mom bought me back in
the 1980s. I think the journey out here jlggled 'something'. I had it in it's case in the back seat of my Mercury for the trip out here in 1999.  :(

The prayful felt  bedtime girl  ornament was a gift from my first grade teacher, Mrs. Hall---back in the day.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 07:41:56 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #11744 on: November 30, 2023, 07:23:52 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - Thanks for the info about Cracker Barrel.  I have not been in a while, but will go check it out. There were lots of Piggly Wiggly's in Mississippi when I was growing up.  Thanks for the SWFL pic...M15 is quick onto the eggs!

karen - Thank you.

baz - The contra dancing looks fun! 

Lani -   Yes, a good clothes shopping day, now to find some things to play with for her. :D

kb - Love the pup with his candy cane.

Phyl - Yep  ;)  Love the morning pic.  Thanks for DOTY, 365 and cam pics.  Love the stockings!

tsk - Pretty Christmas greeting this morning. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Blschue